Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Epic High Five posted:

It's trendy to bash Fox News because they're flagrant, but at least they're also good at being flagrant poo poo heads

CNN is by far the worst of the main networks and they've outdone themselves this cycle

this is true, cnn is journalistic malfeasance on such a grand scale that i can't help but be suspicious that it's on purpose to make Fox and MSNBC look better

they're the Washington Generals of news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

"What do I think of these MI poll results? Oh, I'd say they're.................................. just the right height!"
                                                                          /

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

TheTatteredKing posted:

Trump has a great instinct for campaigning, after all its basically all he's done his life.

Eh, I guess, but he's going to hit a hard wall when he gets into the general election. And yes, I know people have thought that about him quite often up to this point and have been wrong, but general elections are a different ballgame.

I might go for this the next time someone gives me a hate-av.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How long has CNN been terrible? I use to go through their politics section after the last election. I know there's a lot of garbage like Cupp and stuff written by Guy-R (or Guy-D), has the whole thing been a dupster fire always?

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

CNN and the 24 hour cable news cycle are a huge part of why journalism is such trash these days. It's their fault. They started it.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

TheTatteredKing posted:

How long has CNN been terrible?

Since June 1, 1980

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

How long has CNN been terrible? I use to go through their politics section after the last election. I know there's a lot of garbage like Cupp and stuff written by Guy-R (or Guy-D), has the whole thing been a dupster fire always?

I cannot remember a time in history where CNN wasn't considered lovely. Maybe around 1991 when they got an inside scoop on the Gulf War.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pilsner posted:

PS: When the gently caress did the cnn.com frontpage become 80% clickbait and celebrity news? Goddamn travesty.

Around 2002, why?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheTatteredKing posted:

Desert Storm was the moment you can point to and say, "and there is where the tree started dying"

My primary memory is of Iraq War 2.0. The press behaved very, very badly back then and basically lost the trust of a huge amount of people that they'll never gain back because they refuse to admit it or return to it. Salon has a good writeup on it but you're probably old enough to remember at least some of the total capitulation and bloodlust that characterized the media of the time.

They also popularized the "truth is in the middle" garbage that was just a transparent ploy for them to bring on the total nutjobs (thus legitimizing them) and say it's okay. Fox was still awful, of course

quote:

One month after the United States began bombing Kabul, Fox anchor Brit Hume actually said, “Over at ABC News, where the wearing of American flag lapel pins is banned, Peter Jennings and his team have devoted far more time to the coverage of civilian casualties in Afghanistan than either of their broadcast network competitors.” Reading this statement five years later is a salutary reminder of how pervasive such jingoist, near-Stalinist groupthink was in those days — and still is on Fox.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Where exactly is Rubio hoping to win now? Other than non-state delegations, which favor him overwhelmingly for some reason.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

Where exactly is Rubio hoping to win now? Other than non-state delegations, which favor him overwhelmingly for some reason.

Puerto Rico will lead him to victory. :beck:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Hey guys, DAE Donald Trump lusts for gigamurders? Haha, he is going to do deathcamps because he is just, like, wow! But we are cool guys who know better. Ha!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Maoist Pussy posted:

Hey guys, DAE Donald Trump lusts for gigamurders? Haha, he is going to do deathcamps because he is just, like, wow! But we are cool guys who know better. Ha!

I know, we're really unfair to him, aren't we?:qq:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

lol at the 21 year old college republicans that are "sick of political correctness"

YOU ARE LITERAL CHILDREN HOW CAN YOU BE SICK OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION ON SOMETHING AND STOP BEING A LILY WHITE poo poo STAIN

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Looks like Jefferson County is going to decide KY http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/results/2016/primary/gop/president/kentucky/

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Late stage Alzheimer's?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Late stage Alzheimer's?

think like reagan.... movies are real life and your wifes nouveau-Rasputin psychic advisor might have some useful insights on policy

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Scott Forstall posted:

lol at the 21 year old college republicans that are "sick of political correctness"

YOU ARE LITERAL CHILDREN HOW CAN YOU BE SICK OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION ON SOMETHING AND STOP BEING A LILY WHITE poo poo STAIN

they are tired of getting made fun of for their leftist friends for their opinions instead of being made fun of for more worthy things like their loving awful bowties

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

reagan thought starring alongside a chimpanzee was a good idea

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/706263629646041088

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
did Dubya really "rage" at all

mostly i remember him doing that little rear end in a top hat chuckle and clearing mesquite. not really rage-y, yknow

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

mostly i remember him doing that little rear end in a top hat chuckle and clearing mesquite. not really rage-y, yknow

he probably got up to some poo poo in the skull and bones society

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i bet the Skull and Bones Society makes you stick your dick in all kinds of crazy poo poo.

dont call em "Bonesmen" for nothing, after all

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i bet the Skull and Bones Society makes you stick your dick in all kinds of crazy poo poo.

Each other

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

He could get testy with the press, especially when Iraq started dragging on well into his second term. If that's what you meant. He was also a party animal back in the day, it's what led to his teetotaling attitude while in office. Interesting side note, he was also in pretty good shape and liked to exercise regularly and was generally pretty health conscious, the son of a bitch.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Full Battle Rattle posted:

He could get testy with the press, especially when Iraq started dragging on well into his second term. If that's what you meant. He was also a party animal back in the day, it's what led to his teetotaling attitude while in office. Interesting side note, he was also in pretty good shape and liked to exercise regularly and was generally pretty health conscious, the son of a bitch.

He spent like 1/3 of his total time in office on vacation at his ranch. I'd be in great shape too if I could pull a cool half mil a year to spent 4 months on vacation

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pick posted:

Each other

thats just the first day

the final test is a beanbag chair full of wasps

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

dont call em "Bonesmen" for nothing, after all

They make you masturbate naked in a coffin surrounded by the membership while you tell all your sexual and personal secrets. So yeah probably.

Also they stole Geronimo's skull.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Phlegmish posted:

What is going on

This loving election

Is that a Star Trek uniform?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Epic High Five posted:

He spent like 1/3 of his total time in office on vacation at his ranch. I'd be in great shape too if I could pull a cool half mil a year to spent 4 months on vacation

Also a team of chefs to give you 5-star dining 3 meals a day.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Not only that, he had pretty fantastic reflexes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

Not only that, he had pretty fantastic reflexes

that dude owned

shame he probably spent the next three weeks having all his fingernails pulled out in a basement

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nameless_Steve posted:

Is that a Star Trek uniform?

It's called a wetsuit. Hth

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Should have beaned al-Maliki instead, IMHO.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Does anybody else think that Trump is really doing an "I'm still here"-style mockumentary, and is actually aiming for an Oscar?

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

theHUNGERian posted:

Does anybody else think that Trump is really doing an "I'm still here"-style mockumentary, and is actually aiming for an Oscar?

It's not just a river in Egypt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

ThirdPartyView posted:

Should have beaned al-Maliki instead, IMHO.

Thats why you wear two shoes

• Locked thread