Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Velia is a poo poo hole and people should leave it as soon as possible but won't.

They stick to a lovely trade route cause it was in a guide. Same with the leveling guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I skipped Velia aside from the spirit quests cuz Heidel looks cooler.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/34949-a-gamebreaking-problem-with-pve-world-bosses-in-this-game/

How to grief a whole guild with one simple trick.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/T2y4tvv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/itmlqUO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gWxIPSr.jpg

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Velia is a poo poo hole and people should leave it as soon as possible but won't.

They stick to a lovely trade route cause it was in a guide. Same with the leveling guide.

I have a weakness for kinda lovely towns, so I've stuck around there. I didn't realize some guide made by some guy who probably says stuff like "what's up poopers" is why there's billions of people there at all times.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Quake figured out one crazy trick to mount your horse underwater

Your health bar still works though, even if you can't see it!

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I'm on the ranking boards of Alchemy now. No one take alchemy. I alchemy guy now.

Ok.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am actually looking to buy oil of fortitudes or just end up making them my self at this rate.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ffycchi posted:

that it is not only possible, but has been done.

That's cool, but it carries the giant caveat of needing a massive group effort and piles of capital to do, which means it's still mostly outside of player influence, on top of being really limited in scope.

Consider it this way: in eve the devs had to change the game because of goon influence on the economy because they owned all the technitium and could therefore dictate how much it cost to exist as a corp in nullsec. That you jacked up the price of one item means actually poo poo and you should feel bad for trying to pass it off as being even close to that.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I am actually looking to buy oil of fortitudes or just end up making them my self at this rate.

Making some of the poo poo they have is literally a pain. I would have to farm mobs for the ingredients. Some mobs would even be too low of a level that I would get reduced drop rate. But whatever, I like the challenge. I just got tired of grinding to level 37 in only 20 hours of game play that I never looked into anything else and I'm enjoying doing the skills more now.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

The Sea Horse Rides Again

Death of an Exploit Seaman

The Stone Anus of Glish

(This one actually leads to a secret cave full of ores and gems. I left the minimap in to show approx. where.)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
At what point should I start using contribution points for nodes/housing? I just got out of velia and it felt like it'd be a waste to buy stuff there since I was leaving

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

i poop fire posted:

Yeah, that was my first thought upon seeing this dead cow. Mutant Hummingbirds.

This game is loving in love with the concept of "parasitic bees." Potentially the first enemy you fight is Parasitic Bees, and then they come up again and again either in conversation or hiding in sacks or something. Also don't turn your back on those parasitic bees because Bee Hurts Farm

e: By the way I'm not in either guild yet but I'm just sending out my Letters to any passing goon I see, so if you get one from Madrigal that is your present for being from the something dot awful forums.

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 7, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

At what point should I start using contribution points for nodes/housing? I just got out of velia and it felt like it'd be a waste to buy stuff there since I was leaving

As soon as you wish. You can always sell, return, or back out of any CP investment.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only non combat skill I care about at the moment is fishing because I can level it and make cash while AFK.

I'm going to stop levelling strength via on-foot trade packs because of the NPC bandit spawns. You can't fight back with the packs on so if you don't have a sackload of HP to tank the bandits while you slowly walk out of range (or worse, you get stuck on one of them) and you're AFK then you'll die.

I got lucky so far and either unknowingly tanked them (huh where did half my HP go?) or tabbed back in and found myself needing to swing a potion until I was safely away.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I realized you can just pick up and push carts around today. I didn't have time to see if it did anything, but I wonder if it boosts some sort of stat?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Grondoth posted:

I realized you can just pick up and push carts around today. I didn't have time to see if it did anything, but I wonder if it boosts some sort of stat?

There are some quests that have you moving those carts from one place to another.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Don't think of contribution points as money, think of it more as a permanent resource that grows as you do. At any time you can sell houses, de-invest nodes, and return rented items. You will do this all the time as you do different tasks. High level or specific crafting will involve you renting out multiple houses in a town to allocate them for different purposes, and then you may just sell it all when done with that item.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ffycchi posted:

that it is not only possible, but has been done.

With a massive influx of capitol and some prices are still hosed

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Well I was about to get mad at this game, because after spending 15 minutes tweaking my character when I logged in it didn't look anything like him.

Luckily switching uhh shards? Channels? Whatever it is seems to have fixed it for whatever reason.

Ref:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I had that happen to me, too. Fortunately, everyone else can see what you did.

https://twitter.com/Shlapintogan/status/706253279920054272

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 7, 2016

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

I'm still in Velia at 14 because the Black Spirit has kill-quests for me here and I'm doing the tutorial quests for easy CP. What's a decent hub to make my home in?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

For trading it's pretty god because the farms have trading so you have a lot of chances of geting 200% in demand items, it's a little more costly but why i'm routing through heidel and glish to Keplan

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pierson posted:

I'm still in Velia at 14 because the Black Spirit has kill-quests for me here and I'm doing the tutorial quests for easy CP. What's a decent hub to make my home in?

It really depends on what you plan to do. For kill quests you have to pretty much be on the rail system that loops around the map.

but for crafting, it is way different.

Also a side note. If you save all of your contribution points and just rent gear and badges, you will be just fine at high levels.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

Jotto posted:

Well I was about to get mad at this game, because after spending 15 minutes tweaking my character when I logged in it didn't look anything like him.

Same for me. But also with the added bonus of my hair glowing in the dark and the very faint lip gloss suddenly becoming bright red instead of a more natural color. Changing the lighting filters helps a bit at least.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Malachite posted:

Same for me. But also with the added bonus of my hair glowing in the dark and the very faint lip gloss suddenly becoming bright red instead of a more natural color. Changing the lighting filters helps a bit at least.

Try switching channels. That fixed it for me.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

If you whispered me for an invite last night, I was asleep letting my minions gather poo poo. For the overflow guild we have 1 slot left currently.

Your best bet is getting on mumble to see who is actually around, but beyond that you can whisper Grithok, Matagon, Bishie, Honk, or Eonwe. All have invite powers. If you don't get a response we're probably AFK fishing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I finally made level 30 after starting playing on day 1.

gently caress level grinding, I'm taking my time and enjoying this.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I had a look at the store prices :eyepop:

How much of a pain is it to get a horse/pet without splashing real cash?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Carecat posted:

I had a look at the store prices :eyepop:

How much of a pain is it to get a horse/pet without splashing real cash?

Horse is easy, pet is impossible.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Play for 50000hrs to get your free pet.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Play for 50000hrs to get your free pet.
Only 5000, in fact.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"Only".

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
5000 Hours of idling doesn't seem all that ba..:suicide:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Stanley Pain posted:

lmao if you don't leave your game running for 208 days straight

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rafza posted:

lmao if you don't leave your game running for 208 days straight

On the bright side I could turn off the heating to 1/2 my house. On a side note, if you are idling make sure you fully log out and back in daily if you want to get your loyalty points.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The betrayal has reaped it's first victim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This game is magical. I wandered around for 4 hours staying off the roads last night, fell into a random cave, then left myself fishing in a pond at the bottom of the cave when I left for work this morning. Looking forward to seeing what sort of bizarre mutated fish and treasures I end up with when I get home this evening.

Stanley Pain posted:

1 week idling 8 hours overnight (inc weekends) = 56 hours
89 weeks + 2 days = 5,000 hours

22 and a quarter months of overnight idling/fishing = free pet

if you also idle for ~8 hours a day while you're at work, it's just about half that

10 months for a free pet... I guess they want to reward long term players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012