Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Reznor posted:

She is Brazilian. She bought them with her fight money, probably her butt to. It is probably the same doctor that did Jorge Kahwagi.

Probably the same doctor Shake used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZh4MREaFww&t=17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Under peer pressure, I caved. I bought Street Fighter V. And, aside from two irritations (having to externally remap my keyboard and being limited to two-person lobbies) it feels very fun to play. The netcode in particular is impressive. Granted that I'm playing against friends in the same city, but SFIV was incredibly frustrating to play with the same people. SFV's netcode, by contrast, feels super smooth. And the game is legitimately fun to play. I don't know how playing online vs randoms will be, but playing with friends of similar skill level was an absolute blast.

Tried a couple of characters but mostly settled on Cammy. She seems to have a fairly simple game plan and a decent set of tools for accomplishing that plan. It's very painful being mechanically bad though - our games started literally the moment I finished installing and setting up the game, so I had zero combo practice. I landed so many unconfirmed crounching medium kicks. So many. I think that I only landed two spiral arrow followups all night.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Somehow clawed my way back up to super bronze in a drunken haze last night. Having a lot of fun playing this game, very excited for the March update. I've got 300,000 FM ready to go.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gutcruncher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doM0pNiFw8s

Heres my bad Nash from last night. I know it's bad, especially in the middle where I think I just kinda forgot how to use my hands, but anything more specific would be awesome.

Crunchy, your inability to throw out proper wake up sonic booms triggers the gently caress out of me

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Is there a way to un-tie your SFV account from your PSN account? I haven't been able to connect to the game servers at all for the past week and it's the last thing I can think of doing.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
playing again after being away from home for a while on business

at around 6400 lp now

idk the game isn't very fun? matchmaking still kind of sucks and now that the secret is out that chun-li is way better than everyone else in the game everybody is using nothing but her. kind of disappointed atm

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I thought that it was Bison that was way better than everyone else???

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Bison is yun and chun is chun

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

what's important is that they're all equally not fun to play against

playing against nash is

uh

dynamic

at the very least

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Chun is a fun character to play as on top of being top tier plus Chun mirrors are total footsie battles so let's just make this game Third Strike 2.0 and be done with it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's like shittier third strike, i agree

And I don't even like Third Strike

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Chun is a fun character to play as on top of being top tier plus Chun mirrors are total footsie battles so let's just make this game Third Strike 2.0 and be done with it

another dark age is upon us

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

this is my definitive ruling

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why doesn't chart stretch far enough to put Necalli and Laura behind Vega on not fun

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cat Machine posted:

this is my definitive ruling

I fixed it

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
thats a bad fix because only one of those games is playable outside japan

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

only one of those games is playable

I agree

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Revelator: whether you like it or not, dont buy it, because you cant

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Guys I know you don't like third strike but please for the sake of kids who do, don't pretend SFV is remotely similar, it's offensive to my people

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Play 3rd StrikeStreet Fighter V, it's a good game

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

i am now, uh

*sigh*

"ultra gold"

i really wish they decided to have more fun with the rank names

make em street fighter themed or some poo poo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple posted:

Play 3rd StrikeStreet Fighter V, it's a good game

i looked for the super NCR intro vid to 3s but it was made private because i forgot it was made by jared rea
a shame he isn't going out of his way to try and drown the fgc anymore with this game out

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

The Timely Howard posted:

Um.

You didn't happen to pick up a monkey paw on this business trip, did you?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

i am now, uh

*sigh*

"ultra gold"

The titles are bad too

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
game needs modern warfare style joint ops, blunt force etc it would be well received

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I love the titles because most of them have that clunkily translated f2p Korean mmo feel to how they're phrased

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

game needs modern warfare style joint ops, blunt force etc it would be well received

a beat em up mode would be cool in any capcom fighter

although imagining it w sf5s stumpy hitboxes is pretty funny (though maybe thatd work better idk)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cat Cafe Regular is the only good title in this game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sorry! is good

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the best thing in persona was how you could build together titles like lego and youd get epic poo poo like pussy destroyer and little sister fucker or you know something like that

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

i am now, uh

*sigh*

"ultra gold"

Yea the titles are kinda lame, rip

The ranked grind is fun though, I just wish they improved the matchmaking on it. I'll be happy to wait an extra minute or two if it means finding better opponents. If I want to play immediately you could always do casual or battle lounges, IMO.

e: Also make ranked 2/3, less time between searching and it's more tryhard

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple posted:

The ranked grind is fun though, I just wish they improved the matchmaking on it. I'll be happy to wait an extra minute or two if it means finding better opponents. If I want to play immediately you could always do casual or battle lounges, IMO.

e: Also make ranked 2/3, less time between searching and it's more tryhard

i actually thought they were gonna do this. like, i swear i even read that they were at some point-
2/3 with generally higher stakes to simulate tourney environment/match to a degree

but lol capcom

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

2/3 ranked with no penalty for disconnects would be great

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

dangerdoom volvo posted:

the best thing in persona was how you could build together titles like lego and youd get epic poo poo like pussy destroyer and little sister fucker or you know something like that

It's not like the concept is foreign to Capcom- Monster Hunter has this for your Guild Card in multiplayer. I was "Year-round Charge Blade" or something.

"Prohibited Maid"
"Japanese-Style Hedgehog"

Let me make a tag with Karin's face and the text Grandpa Impersonator, dammit.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Moe Money Moe Problems

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ideal ranked setup would be FT2 with the LP gain/loss being a mathematical function of the player skill gap and the set's final score. (i.e. you'd lose less points when going 1-2 than 0-2, and vice versa)

E: of course this is all predicated on ragequits actually having consequences because gently caress going to the ninth round and getting plug-pulled

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone know any meaty setups for nash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Dictator is loving retarded in this game