Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Diana's similar, she mostly wants to melee scrap but has trouble picking fights until 6 when her kill pressure suddenly goes from 0 to 100. She has only one ranged ability before then but thankfully it's a really good one with a massive combined AoE between the crescent and endpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
WW is the absolute worst case of 'poo poo pre-level-6' syndrome. Not only is he nearly useless without his ult, generally you need at least 2 items to be able to consider a dual, without his auto attack steroid, he'd probably be the worst champ in game, at least in my eyes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

You could put the ult on ridiculously low CD, still making it his signature spell but forcing a level 6 power spike. I don't tend to like champs who basically HAVE to avoid fighting until 6 but I think that's because they're almost all champs who revolve around somewhat long-ish CD extremely powerful ults, and there's probably some design space where they put a very strong skill on ult but give it a low cd to change the complexion of how the champ spikes in a way more subtle way than say, redesigned kog.

DIana and Akali are like this, and those are pretty cool champs

edit: oops there was another page

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Shyvana
Twin Bite (Q) second hit's % of AD bonus physical damage lowered to 40/55/70/85/100% from 80/85/90/95/100%
Burnout (W) [effect removed] no longer deals extra 20% damage vs monsters.

Oof.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So she just got nerfed into the ground. Great job Riot.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I

Sperglord Firecock posted:

god new J4 is disgusting

It's the same loving thing!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Those nerfs are way smaller than you think.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

K8.0 posted:

Those nerfs are way smaller than you think.

The Q nerf isn't the biggest of deals but that damage for her W means she probably simply cannot jungle without smiting red and that makes her too easy to counter. She's poo poo now.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ah yess another member of the list of former top laners who will never be good in lane ever again because sated devourer, a jungle item, is in the game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
She was a jungler way before she was a toplaner

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Shyvana
Twin Bite (Q) second hit's % of AD bonus physical damage lowered to 40/55/70/85/100% from 80/85/90/95/100%
Burnout (W) [effect removed] no longer deals extra 20% damage vs monsters.

Oof.

Good - granted deleting devourer would be a much better and more consistent fix. But her devourer damage was beyond insane. I had multiple kills/items on her as top nautilus and she was 4 shotting me with devourer and a bork.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why does Riot nerf an item that makes champions strong and then nerf the loving champion too

Shyvana was already nerfed because of Cinderhulk too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Shyvana will probably still be playable but this feels like yet another setup for the 'nerf champs that are strong due to overtuned jungle item' -> 'nerf the item a patch later' progression that we've seen so many times

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

'nerf champs that are strong due to overtuned jungle item' -> 'nerf remove the item a patch later'

ftfy

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Aurelion Solomid's splash art looks a bit goofy. Like he just counted on his fingers how much chicken nuggets he can get and went "that's a lot of nuggs, dude!".

Gridlocked posted:

Honestly if you look through the Skins and Trivia pages of everything on that wiki someone has put in an un-sourced statement about how X is referencing this anime/My Little Pony/popular cartoon.

Sad lonely people will read into anything and everything hoping to draw connections and say "SEE MY X AND Y WORK TOGETHER SO IF X IS GOOD Y MUST BE TOO"

Meanwhile, still no mention that the sound of Jinx's passive is clearly inspired by the Six Million Dollar Man. Goddamn millennials.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spiros posted:

that damage for her W means she probably simply cannot jungle without smiting red

lmbo no way dude, she was a viable jungler with a stupid strong clear before that was even added to W

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

Shyvana will probably still be playable but this feels like yet another setup for the 'nerf champs that are strong due to overtuned jungle item' -> 'nerf the item a patch later' progression that we've seen so many times

I just don't understand how you see multiple devourer champs being incredibly strong and decide to nerf the individual character rather than the item. Especially when you have a long history of having no idea how to balance melee carries

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Mierenneuker posted:

"that's a lot of nuggs, dude!".

:420:

jesus christ i have been playing with potatoes

they apparently do not understand that, as the tankiest person on the team, i am responsible for initiating

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

they apparently do not understand that, as the tankiest person on the team, i am responsible for initiating

That's not always true..

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Firebert posted:

lmbo no way dude, she was a viable jungler with a stupid strong clear before that was even added to W

She's pretty weak first clear imo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

This isn't necessarily true. There are lots of team comps with someone like Diana or Lissandra responsible for primary initiation

Maybe initiate better???

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

kingcobweb posted:

This isn't necessarily true. There are lots of team comps with someone like Diana or Lissandra responsible for primary initiation

Maybe initiate better???

i agree, but at the same time, we had no initiators like that, and i was jarvan 4

so yes, i am the initiation

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I just spent a 50 minute game playing with a J4 who made it his life goal to ult me. I let him ult me 2 or 3 times, and E'd out and killed him.

Did I mention I was blue Ezreal

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Firebert posted:

This was also before the jungle was retuned. With +20% damage to monsters it still doesn't kill little lizards/golems at buff camps with full uptime, and now it'll be worse. The changes aren't going to hurt midgame/lategame Shyvana at all but it will seriously hurt her early which is currently where she really sucks.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Hi mikujin

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

I just spent a 50 minute game playing with a J4 who made it his life goal to ult me. I let him ult me 2 or 3 times, and E'd out and killed him.

Did I mention I was blue Ezreal

nah my life goal was to ult the talon one game, who proceeded to ult inside of my ult and do a grand total of nothing since i was stacking armor

you can guess what happened next (it involved him dying painfully)

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hi yizus

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Hi yizus

I jarmandered

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Naut is good but holy poo poo is Naut not "dodge game if the enemy picks him" good.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Super Librarian posted:

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

Congrats! Carrying gold scrubs as support is difficult but you found a way :3:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Congrats! Carrying gold scrubs as support is difficult but you found a way :3:

But yeah, some games you gotta secure kills and make sure your scrub adc doesn't get them

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

Shyvana was simultaneously the worst winrate champion in toplane and the highest winrate champion in jungle at some point in recent memory. So she's clearly not weak, but yeah sated devourer basically makes it impossible for her to be viable in toplane as long as it exists.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

kingcobweb posted:

DIana and Akali are like this, and those are pretty cool champs

edit: oops there was another page

Akali is very strong pre 6 against a large portion of champs top lane. Grasp of the undying is just a silly keystone I feel like was a goddamn mistake on top of Titanic Hydra

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Naut is good but holy poo poo is Naut not "dodge game if the enemy picks him" good.

Well I rarely dodge a game because of an OP pick, but Naut is probably one of the best champs in the game at this moment, so that's not unreasonable.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Well I rarely dodge a game because of an OP pick, but Naut is probably one of the best champs in the game at this moment, so that's not unreasonable.

Honestly I haven't tested it out as much since I've been swamped with school work but I'm pretty positive the LPL counter pick to tank top laners is Morgana, I'm inclined to believe it's probably beast, deals with Poppy/Rammus/Sion/Malphite/Naut all at the same time.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Daemonlasher posted:

Akali is very strong pre 6 against a large portion of champs top lane. Grasp of the undying is just a silly keystone I feel like was a goddamn mistake on top of Titanic Hydra

That makes me wonder, could ~tank Diana~ work for similar reasons? Killing a Goldfish LLC will investigate this new claim

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 10, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

It's very unreasonable to waste everyone's time by dodging a pick actually.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come ezrael's title is "the prodigal explorer" when it should be "the prodigious explorer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

It's very unreasonable to waste everyone's time by dodging a pick actually.

Hahahaha

• Locked thread