Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rocks posted:

has Rubio dropped out yet?

he will just continue to diminish into nothingness, like the Incredible Shrinking Man until one day President Trump will wake to the whispers of "big Donald, can you hear me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Sad, very sad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BGrifter posted:

I'd agree with that. I actually thought the best run of TDS toward the end was when John Oliver took over while Stewart was off filming his movie.

Yeah, I really wish John Oliver had gotten it, but clearly they didn't expect HBO and/or couldn't react well enough. After watching Full Frontal though, they should have given it to Samantha Bee.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Typo posted:

Coulter is great cuz I actually can't tell if she's trying to be satirical or is just being an idiot as usual

She's one of many right-wing/Republican figures who've realized going all-in on the Trump train early is their best gamble to clawing themselves back into relevancy. We saw it with Sarah Palin and, though he's failed to fully embrace his fate, we saw it with Chris Christie.

Trump is fascinating for the way he remembers grudges and favors. I suspect he won't just be handed the pre-built assembly of GOP functionaries that any other Republican candidate would use but will rather build his own team out of his business, contacts and those who flipped to him early. We've already seen his primary campaign team of Roger Stone and the Bullet Farmer, don't you want to see the full-size Trump Presidential Campaign? The shining stars at the Trump Convention? Dare we dream, the Trump Cabinet?

God, Trump's running mate alone is going to make McCain's Palin pick seem like business as usual.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Just because a presidency where the man in charge quits 2 years in because he realizes theres no more rungs to climb and no one likes him can exist doesn't mean it should.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Typo posted:

Coulter is great cuz I actually can't tell if she's trying to be satirical or is just being an idiot as usual

It's satirical.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

"he offers Illinois voters the framework of a presidency that realistically could exist"

Resounding.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

Sad, very sad.

Lolll

Glad I didn't get in on the prediction game this year, I could see Little Marco costing me a lot of money.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
So good.

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/707690829117136896

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tercio posted:

"he offers Illinois voters the framework of a presidency that realistically could exist"

Resounding.

Sounds like a more fitting label for Kasich, Rubio's foreign policy ideas are just as unrealistic and Trump's domestic policy ideas.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
https://twitter.com/GPollowitz/status/707370531293634560/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ahahahaha, really? Ahahahahaha

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Those steaks are going to be Trump's Waterloo.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

The "Trump is running as America's first African president" segment was really good at least. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPrJxTvgdQ

I'm not a big daily show person (i liked Craig Kilborn's daily show because i am old and unhinged) but this was insightful and funny. Still not sold on Noah: having a foreigner tell us Americans were are morons is a bit more stinging than a circle jerk of national loathing. However, that was a segment that made the most of him being not American.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
Those steaks look good, where can I get some? Trump Steaks are sold out on the Sharper Image website.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Montasque posted:

I want to have a chat about "Conventional Wisdom" in regards to this GOP primary.

Here are some pearls of Conventional Wisdom past:

1. Polls this far out don't matter as no one is paying attention.
2. Ad buys are powerful at shaping narrative.
3. The Republicans never attack their own. "Reagan's law"
4. Although they may grumble, Republicans falls lockstep inline with the establishment.
5. The Candidate with the most establishment support will be the nominee.

Do these conventions hold up? IS THIS TIME DIFFERENT?

I posted this garbage on October 17th, 2015.

1. Everyone was paying attention.
2. They kinda work, sorta, not really.
3. This was never real but calling people Liars and talking about their 'hands' is a new low.
4. No.
5. Well in the end the winner WILL have the most establishment support...

This time is different.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

T r a v i s posted:

Those steaks are going to be Trump's Waterloo.

Is he Napoleon or Wellington in this metaphor?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Reagan's infinite grandfatherly wisdom and position as patriarch of the modern GOP are the biggest lies of them all, anyway.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Sharper Image would be insane not to restock "Trump steaks" ASAP. Even if it's hamburger in a tin can.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I still am shocked that this was a thing that happened. It reminds me of former president Bokassa of the Central African Republic. He gained notoriety when he imprisoned and killed (by personally clubbing their skulls in) a 150+ kids because they protested being forced to buy insanely priced school uniforms manufactured by his wife's company. I wonder if Trump will mandate his goods and services in the same manner.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BGrifter posted:

The Sharper Image would be insane not to restock "Trump steaks" ASAP. Even if it's hamburger in a tin can.
I just realized that no matter how this ends, Trump's going to come out of it richer and more famous than before, isn't he...

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The Chicago Tribute gives Rubio the news he wants to hear:

The Sun Times is the actual good Chicago paper FWIW.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/pdoocy/status/707702591367585792

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
What if Rubio takes third place in Florida?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just realized that no matter how this ends, Trump's going to come out of it richer and more famous than before, isn't he...

Oh yeah he's going to make a ton of money. It'll be like Huckabee times a hundred.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BGrifter posted:

I tried to get my hands on some Trump Vodka but the closest I could come was an empty bottle going for $250 on ebay.

edit: that is, that was the best option, not that the joke was worth $250

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/foxnewspoll/status/707701763688640514

KASICHMENTUM

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

RUN THIRD_PLACE_VICTORY_SPEECH.EXE

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It would be the most hilarious thing ever.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

evilweasel posted:

I tried to get my hands on some Trump Vodka but the closest I could come was an empty bottle going for $250 on ebay.

edit: that is, that was the best option, not that the joke was worth $250

Yeah I actually looked myself. I'd totally buy a bottle for Election Day if it was reasonable.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BGrifter posted:

Oh yeah he's going to make a ton of money. It'll be like Huckabee times a hundred.

for Trump, "rich" means being able to afford to pay back his creditors

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rocks posted:

Trump isn't very good to be ridiculed on late night because he's beyond satire

I don't know, I think satire's worked on him to an extent. It seems to me that the type of people who are voting for him aren't usually fans of "The Daily Show" or whatever to begin with, whereas most of the people who are fans of satire aimed at the right will only have an opportunity to vote for or against him in the general election (ie: non-GOP primary voters).

e: Case in point: a 62% average unfavorability rating.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 10, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/707626471234396161

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jesus, at this rate the GOP's going to have its nominee settled while Hillary and Bernie are still battling it out.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The exact same thing as if he places second.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the chicago tribune, formerly daily tribune, was the arch-conservative newspaper of choice in the golden age of newspaper writing. its owner, Colonel McCormick, was described as "the greatest mind of the fourteenth century". he opposed the new deal and was a staunch isolationist

here's some poo poo about him
https://books.google.com/books?id=t...epage&q&f=false

when truman held up the chicago daily tribune headline DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN it wasn't just 'lol this headline is wrong' - i think anybody politically active in 1948 would've understood the delicious irony of 'gently caress you mccormick you're wrong your paper is trash and the democrats are here for four more years you lovely old gently caress'

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Wow those numbers are pretty bad for Kasich

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Wow those numbers are pretty bad for Kasich

They're not bad, they're totally sich dude

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I would have expected him to be in the mid to upper 40% for his own state

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Are you down with the 'sichness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sullat posted:

Is he Napoleon or Wellington in this metaphor?
when's the last time you heard of Beef Napoleon?

• Locked thread