Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Someone help me out here I'm legitimately curious: Is having to have the space available to reinstall the entire game (28gigs or so) just to apply a 350MB patch common on steam? To be clear, once it's done it frees up all that space.

This happens every time and it's pretty annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Payday uses a proprietary compression scheme that Steam doesn't support, so the only way to do a lot of updates is to download a ludicrous amount of data, yes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Huh. Lucifer got his wish.

:dogbutton:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
- Fixed an issue where vehicles could collide with Sentry Guns

Man that issue was funny as gently caress on Meltdown :{

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Basticle posted:

Overkill pleeeeeeeeease make this the next tie-in DLC with these 2 idiots being a new Contact :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvKw1b7bxM

ja, so cool

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

quote:

HITMAN

General
All armor penalties have been removed
Hey look

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Update sounds good and cool.

Not according so some, of course:

quote:

Burns for president 2046 Just now 

please stop, this is not forward movement with development

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

my hitman gimmick build is slightly less terrible. :confuoot:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Coolguye posted:

Payday uses a proprietary compression scheme that Steam doesn't support, so the only way to do a lot of updates is to download a ludicrous amount of data, yes.

Thanks, at least now I kind of get it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is there anything left for them to implement besides a punch cops in the face and watch them collide into walls tree?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Crabtree posted:

So is there anything left for them to implement besides a punch cops in the face and watch them collide into walls tree?

an 'all explosions all the time' tree

yes, i am still salty about torgue builds being nerfed >:C

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Someone help me out here I'm legitimately curious: Is having to have the space available to reinstall the entire game (28gigs or so) just to apply a 350MB patch common on steam? To be clear, once it's done it frees up all that space.

This happens every time and it's pretty annoying.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/14/412446292758948285/#c412448158149655125

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

quote:

Fixed an issue with the spread of the Raven shotgun

THEY LISTENED! HALLELUJAH

e: I checked, the Raven now has the exact same stance modifiers as any other shotgun. It's good!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 10, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

an 'all explosions all the time' tree

yes, i am still salty about torgue builds being nerfed >:C

As long as they add in a free explosives weapon to curtail any BUT ITS JUST A DLC TREE, sure. Why not make an explosion man skill tree?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The main menu open beta is pretty unexciting. I have to hit two buttons to get to crime.net now and the side jobs are on the main menu and impossible to reach from a lobby for anyone. The Steam Inventory button is front and center for some reason. Honestly, I feel like it's a step back.

The one change I do like is putting the infamy menu in the profile page, just under the prefered character and mask buttons. It'll make it easier for people to remember to spend their dang infamies!

I can't wait for the skill beta to go live. It'll be interesting to see what Overkill has and hasn't learned!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

The main menu open beta is pretty unexciting. I have to hit two buttons to get to crime.net now and the side jobs are on the main menu and impossible to reach from a lobby for anyone. The Steam Inventory button is front and center for some reason. Honestly, I feel like it's a step back.

The one change I do like is putting the infamy menu in the profile page, just under the prefered character and mask buttons. It'll make it easier for people to remember to spend their dang infamies!

I can't wait for the skill beta to go live. It'll be interesting to see what Overkill has and hasn't learned!

"Skill Tree Open Beta 1.1 update:
* Fixed a bug where all skills were replaced with Moving Target"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I installed the main menu open beta so you don't have to. Please do not laugh at how little cash I have.

The Main Menu

What happens when you click "Play". I HATE IT!

Side Jobs live on the main menu now and are entirely inaccessible from a lobby. Even the host can't see them without dropping out.

The One Good Change. The Infamy menu belongs here.

edit: Who's bright idea was it to slap the version number 1.48.8 on that menu? I know stable is on 1.48.7 but maybe just skip to 1.48.9, Overkill. :heritage:

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 10, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm wondering if this has something to do with console version design unification.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Tempest_56 posted:

:siren: •Removed the random chance to spawn the meth lab. It will now always spawn on all difficulties on The Bomb: Dockyard Job :siren:

Just in time for me to get Breaking Dead. This is great news. 45 achievements left for me to go & now this wonderful news. :hellyeah:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
New teaser on the fbi site:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

P.Romises, P.Romises OVERSHILL.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm very excited to finally see what the big deal was with Damion and Crime Dad filming a thing last year.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sounds like it's going to be at least two weeks out.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They can take their time implementing a big event now if they're already playing around with skill updates and basic quality of life fixes to RNG Dockyard poo poo. Knowing at least some of the good poo poo ahead of time is a great way to ensure the not reddit side of the community won't immediately hurl at the initial bad thing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol like I haven't slaughtered 20 hostages in one go as dallas

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Crabtree posted:

As long as they add in a free explosives weapon to curtail any BUT ITS JUST A DLC TREE, sure. Why not make an explosion man skill tree?

Last time I suggested buffing Technician to become the explosion-man tree in this thread people were making GBS threads on the idea. :shrug:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

isndl posted:

Last time I suggested buffing Technician to become the explosion-man tree in this thread people were making GBS threads on the idea. :shrug:

Its not the worst thing, they just likely need one decent community weapon that does explosive damage to make it not a gated skill or set of skills. Maybe make it like the China Puff and be a middle of the road weapon between a grenade launcher and the RPG. Like the M72 LAW from falling down. Does about 5000 damage but has a few more rockets.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Looks like they patched out being able to use deployables through walls.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

UnknownMercenary posted:

Looks like they patched out being able to use deployables through walls.

What about packages? There's a bunch that are impossible to get without reaching through fences.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

isndl posted:

I've personally never been a fan of the idea because I don't see a way to make it mesh with how everything's been doled out piecemeal via DLC. I don't feel adding a middle-of-the-road freebie boom gun is enough to justify it, either. In Payday 3, either as a new take on Tech or its own standalone class, sure, but I just don't think it'd ever work in 2.

Though assuming they balanced things properly, I wonder how many of you folks would actually want to invest points into Tech to use explosives better. (...Though, the idea of Techforcer gaining even more synergy also sets off alarm bells in my head.)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Why wouldn't an entire new class of explosions work in 2 other than lol a 6th skill tree in Payday 2?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Guess what's wrong with these two pictures!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm using a suit build, which is just all kinds of wrong.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You're using HoxHud.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

You're using HoxHud.

Wrong.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

gonna have to agree with skunk.herw

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You're using a pre-Crimefest concealable clarion build and could probably drop the auto-fire mod?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

gonna have to agree with skunk.herw

Wrong in the sense that it's not HoxHud.

Dr Cheeto posted:

You're using a pre-Crimefest concealable clarion build and could probably drop the auto-fire mod?

Well, no, but you did convince me to take the auto-fire off just now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:siren:File Leak- epic edition:siren:

There was so much leaked in the new beta, it's hard to know where to start. All courtesy of Lolnoob1 as usual.
  • Most of the following indicate the heist labeled "mad" internally is the second John Wick tie-in. MAD meaning Mutually Assured Destruction. It may be a nuke heist.
  • A new folder and file structure for enemy voice lines, "npc_russian_mercenaries"- the layout suggests we are fighting Russian police.
  • We are getting John Wick's pistol, the H&K P30, with a bunch of variants through mods.
  • Drones (like from Hoxvenge) have a bunch of new files suggesting we will be either building or destroying them. Drone parts are an inventory item.
  • Another new DLC with the file prefix "short" has only a couple files loaded, involving an indestructible window. Diamond Heist?
  • The "mad" heist has a bunch of Russian NPC weapons filesets associated with it, "akmsu", "asval", "rpk", "sr2", and "svd".
  • "mad" files also include another ceiling turret and references to a cessna, like Vlad's brother in law flies.
  • A ton of files are loaded for a DLC internally called "fast". It's vehicle customization!! There are references to a 'hatchback', six muscle cars, one race car, three sedans and one SUV.
  • A new safe, internally called "cola", which seems to only have 5 skins. The legendary is for the amr16.
  • A single new melee, labeled "ballistic" that may be for the new heister.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

vomit vomit vomit