Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

ronya posted:

AFAIK the ideal cheap unique 2H levelling sequence is still Shiversting > Hrimnor's > Geofri's > Rigwald's > Terminus Est

what's changed is that there are now a swarm of decent 1hs to use as well

Since quecholli's dps got boosted a while back it is so much better than geofri's because it swings faster and makes things explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Korwin posted:

Currious, per here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quecholli has worse stats than Wideswing.
And it did not match mine (mine has max. Damage 150) I assumed gamepedia shows only base damage and the % still needs to be factored in.

But then I looked at poe.trade and saw Wideswing with less Damage than Quecholli... Confused. Gamepedia has an wrong data entry?
Quecholli can be used from 22 onward, and with 48 I did not find an replacement yet...
So the point is, more of an early weapon item you can use very long.

rigwalds charge at 44

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I hope kobe takes It to the next level and invites 2-3 friend over and does it that way. Nothing ggg can do since it's the same ip and computer.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

rigwalds charge at 44

Or wait till 51 and get Terminus Est

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Budgie posted:

Or wait till 51 and get Terminus Est

I take both because why not. :getin:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'll take neither since they're excluded from all the cool skills.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
What's the dumbest attack or spell I can put on traps or totems? I feel like doing something stupid and inefficient.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

theshim posted:

What's the dumbest attack or spell I can put on traps or totems? I feel like doing something stupid and inefficient.

Elemental Hit. maybe Shrapnel Shot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
During alpha I saw a guy running cluster trap mirror arrow to make an army of archers. Seemed pretty stupid and fun.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

theshim posted:

Rain of Arrows Point Blank Chin Sol Cluster Traps with Shrapnel Shot trap for single target

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

voltron lion force posted:

During alpha I saw a guy running cluster trap mirror arrow to make an army of archers. Seemed pretty stupid and fun.

would actually be pretty awesome with RT and a mirrored bow

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

Trickster Flame Dash Totems. Make it happen.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
These

mother

fuckers.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
double increased crits on a devourer :stonk:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Rain of Arrows Point Blank Chin Sol Cluster Traps with Shrapnel Shot trap for single target
Hmm...do traps and totems count their own distance for Point Blank, or the player's? That could actually be kind of strong.

Budgie posted:

These

mother

fuckers.
:rip:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

theshim posted:

Hmm...do traps and totems count their own distance for Point Blank, or the player's? That could actually be kind of strong.

Their own. A few leagues back Chin Sol Puncture Trap was a thing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Budgie posted:

These

mother

fuckers.

Is that Orchard? 4200hp seems a bit low for that map.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was about to do my last ascendancy trial in merc hedge maze. I might as well have said this was my 'last case'. I'm gettin too old for this poo poo.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Korwin posted:

Currious, per here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quecholli has worse stats than Wideswing.
And it did not match mine (mine has max. Damage 150) I assumed gamepedia shows only base damage and the % still needs to be factored in.

But then I looked at poe.trade and saw Wideswing with less Damage than Quecholli... Confused. Gamepedia has an wrong data entry?
Quecholli can be used from 22 onward, and with 48 I did not find an replacement yet...
So the point is, more of an early weapon item you can use very long.

The average Wideswing or even Hrimnor's Hymn are going to have more dps than the average Quecholli, but that doesn't take into account the explosions from Quecholli and the +all atributed on it as well.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Is that Orchard? 4200hp seems a bit low for that map.

It's just a3m. Neither Terrace nor Orchard have rain, and the only map with that tileset that has rain is Courtyard at T13, which doesn't have those hedge maze structures.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
What's the minimum level for realistically succeeding at Cruel Labyrinth? My tanky templar dude just unlocked it at level 56.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I finally got rid of geofri's at 62 :rolleye: using earthquake in a 3 link (EQ Less Duration Melee Phys). Even at 62 most trash mobs died to the initial hit + the quake followup. I had 3k life at 62 with bad gear (none on chest, 20-40 on most pieces) so it's not like I was a glass cannon. My resists are horrid though.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
So trading and currency (looking at poe.trade).
Should I try to Exchange my (luckily) found Exalted into Chaos Orbs or buy directly with it?

If I want to Exchange exalted into chaos, how the gently caress do I do that? It Looks like I'm only able to buy with Chaos other currency not buy it?
Confused...

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Save your exalt because other items will only lose value in relation to it.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'm very new to this, still going through the normal campaign.

I'm sure I have an awful build, but I've just been focusing on the nodes that add minion stuff, and generally summoning a bunch of zombies and blasting things with an ice pulse spell.

How far will this sort of strategy get me until I have to make a new character to progress? Can I expect to get through the normal campaign? Through Cruel?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Grizlor posted:

Save your exalt because other items will only lose value in relation to it.
Well looks like I could get an Marohi Erqi (4 and 2 link) for an Exalted.
(still need 5 Levels to use it, so I should wait until then?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'm very new to this, still going through the normal campaign.

I'm sure I have an awful build, but I've just been focusing on the nodes that add minion stuff, and generally summoning a bunch of zombies and blasting things with an ice pulse spell.

How far will this sort of strategy get me until I have to make a new character to progress? Can I expect to get through the normal campaign? Through Cruel?

Normal is a cakewalk (obviously) and necromancer builds take a while before they really get going. Are you focusing on zombies, spectres, skeletons or raging spirits?

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

theshim posted:

Lightning Warp Cluster Traps with Reduced Duration and Sunblast

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Normal is a cakewalk (obviously) and necromancer builds take a while before they really get going. Are you focusing on zombies, spectres, skeletons or raging spirits?
If it's like my first char (also a Necromancer), all of them (well I also started halfway on ARC.....)
--> btw. don't do that!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

theshim posted:

Flame dash totems? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp44ZmRRaho

e: or traps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gms-a3Uf9H4

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
With that one occultist passive that staff seems like it could be pretty good.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That with Rumi's, the Witch Flask nodes and Rainbowstrides will give you 72% block and 55% spell block. With Occultist and a lot of ES as a CI build you'll be drat near immortal. It's not a bad damage stuff with the generic +1 gems and 80% spell damage, good for non-crit builds especially.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1612549
"Note that these Mystery Boxes have random outcomes. Opening them near Kuduku does not influence the outcome. Please purchase them responsibly."

:(

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Tabletops posted:

"Note that these Mystery Boxes have random outcomes. Opening them near Kuduku does not influence the outcome. Please purchase them responsibly."

GGG will pay for their blasphemy against the one true god.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That's because the box contents are determined on purchase! Obviously GGG was trying to deceive us!

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Tabletops posted:

Interesting that they mentioned Kuduku for this box but they DENY that Kuduku doesn't influence 6 linking... hmmm, makes you think.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
They could be lying

LordNat
May 16, 2009

climboutonalimb posted:

Interesting that they mentioned Kuduku for this box but they DENY that Kuduku doesn't influence 6 linking... hmmm, makes you think.

They also said just being near him does not help but what about opening them while actively taking damage from Kuduku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Korwin posted:

Well looks like I could get an Marohi Erqi (4 and 2 link) for an Exalted.
(still need 5 Levels to use it, so I should wait until then?

You can get a marohi for like 15 chaos. They definitely are way more expensive this league due to the popularity of earthquake, but you shouldn't shell out an exalt for one. Exalts are like 60+ chaos already
There were a couple good 2h maces in the guild stash last time I checked. Just use that until act 4 merciless and do some dried lake runs for the chaos recipe, and buy a marohi with those.

• Locked thread