Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Federal government has no jurisdiction here and the oath I swore doesn't count because the flag had gold fringe on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SpaceDrake posted:

Definitely having fun with this at the low levels - I still have problems with some of the enemy faction concepts (the "Rioters" feel like pandering to every Trump supporter's fever dreams of Violent Minorities and open license to shoot them, and the Rikers invoke all sorts of stereotypes about our manufactured prison population that I dislike; Cleaners and LMB own tho) but Third Person Cover Manshoots Diablo is far more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be, especially when I can roll around in the most ridiculous looking John Lennon sunglasses and stylish-as-gently caress jackets. If anyone wants to hang for lowbie nonsense ATM, Uplay name is TheSpaceDrake.

Why are you bringing real world poo poo into a video game though?

Like seriously, I see "angry dude with gun, angry biker dudes with guns, mental sanitation workers with guns and military gun dudes". I don't understand how people can look at everything they touch and go "you know, I wonder what political design this had". Its mindboggling.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i chose a lady and shes ugly as gently caress in hats and i hate it i want 2 change her is it possible

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

dogstile posted:

Like seriously, I see "angry dude with gun, angry biker dudes with guns, mental sanitation workers with guns and military gun dudes". I don't understand how people can look at everything they touch and go "you know, I wonder what political design this had". Its mindboggling.

cause your hosed up country is all hosed up and everyone hates each other

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

dogstile posted:

media is a mirror of reality though?

i love this game a gently caress ton, but if you stop for one second and think, it's pretty brutal that we're straight up murdering people who are likely in need of help, supplies, food and whatnot--at least in the Rioters' case. The other factions seem like legit organizations, but the Rioters all seem like generic non-white dudes who deserve to die for...reasons...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I wouldn't worry too much about the implications of the schlock of a story, they aren't really reaching for political commentary here as much as the standard Tom Clancy GUNS AND GOD background

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waffles Inc. posted:

i love this game a gently caress ton, but if you stop for one second and think, it's pretty brutal that we're straight up murdering people who are likely in need of help, supplies, food and whatnot--at least in the Rioters' case. The other factions seem like legit organizations, but the Rioters all seem like generic non-white dudes who deserve to die for...reasons...

Not sure what game you are playing but the rioters are kind of more hosed up breaking windows for Nikes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I picked the first black dude and he's got this ridiculous frown all the time, like someone farted right in front of him.

Although judging by the white guys you goons post, I guess everyone in Midtown looks extremely cheesed basically all the time?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Waffles Inc. posted:

the Rioters all seem like generic non-white dudes who deserve to die for...reasons...

Including the murder of law enforcement officers via ambushing them, the murder of other civilians in order to take their things, attacking supply convoys full of badly needed food, water, and medicine. You can totally just watch these generic "non-white dudes" attack and murder other civilians if you sit around and observe them, and its readily implied in many of their incidental dialogues uttered while picking through the pockets of a dead person that they are probably very responsible for killing said person.

Yeah, reasons.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

I haven't actually noted a bad guy's skin color in this game. They're all covered like head to toe in either hoodies with masks or firefighter outfits.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

I picked the first black dude and he's got this ridiculous frown all the time, like someone farted right in front of him.

Although judging by the white guys you goons post, I guess everyone in Midtown looks extremely cheesed basically all the time?

yeah pretty much, I try to cheer him up with a clownsuit

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SpaceDrake posted:

Definitely having fun with this at the low levels - I still have problems with some of the enemy faction concepts (the "Rioters" feel like pandering to every Trump supporter's fever dreams of Violent Minorities and open license to shoot them, and the Rikers invoke all sorts of stereotypes about our manufactured prison population that I dislike; Cleaners and LMB own tho) but Third Person Cover Manshoots Diablo is far more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be, especially when I can roll around in the most ridiculous looking John Lennon sunglasses and stylish-as-gently caress jackets. If anyone wants to hang for lowbie nonsense ATM, Uplay name is TheSpaceDrake.

Think your just seeing race in everything. Pretty sure I saw a white rioter.

And you know this is what would happen to New York If Bernie gets elected.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
The game is installing right now.

Which class do I have to roll in order to be able to use the sentry gun like the TF2 engineer? :psyduck:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm pretty sure the Swedish developement studio instructed it's non-American designers to include deliberate politicial subtext supporting fringe elements of the US domestic debate instead of just taking established stereotypes of dystopian fiction. :rolleyes:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I saw a lot more purple clothed guys with pom pom hats and neon green guns than those who didn't wear them. Fashion trends in games 101

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

busfahrer posted:

The game is installing right now.

Which class do I have to roll in order to be able to use the sentry gun like the TF2 engineer? :psyduck:

Druid

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'dps' is really dumb for it to be the primary weapon stat distributed because it has so little to do with how much damage the gun will actually do? is anyone else bothered by this?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Randler posted:

I'm pretty sure the Swedish developement studio instructed it's non-American designers to include deliberate politicial subtext supporting fringe elements of the US domestic debate instead of just taking established stereotypes of dystopian fiction. :rolleyes:

Maybe they are trying to teach us to be European racist? Like the Danish and the Swedes?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

'dps' is really dumb for it to be the primary weapon stat distributed because it has so little to do with how much damage the gun will actually do? is anyone else bothered by this?

Yeah, it also bothers me that it doesn't highlight the difference between damage when highlighting guns.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

i chose a lady and shes ugly as gently caress in hats and i hate it i want 2 change her is it possible

You can't change a character aside from adding more clothing to them. Your only option seems to be deleting the character and starting over.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Waffles Inc. posted:

Lol holy poo poo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What is it about looter shooters that inspire the most convoluted and misleading stats? DPS in this game is meaningless just like how attack power or whatever it was called was pointless in Destiny.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Flavahbeast posted:

yeah pretty much, I try to cheer him up with a clownsuit

It's nice to see that the Joker's employees are still getting work after his death.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Knifegrab posted:

So is there level cut off for being power leveled or if I am level 11 can I have my high level friends run me through Police Academy which has a recommended level of 16?

Asking again cause I still am not sure.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

nachos posted:

What is it about looter shooters that inspire the most convoluted and misleading stats? DPS in this game is meaningless just like how attack power or whatever it was called was pointless in Destiny.

Can you give me a 101 on how to evaluate if shoot good? Just try and see or look at other stats like bullet damage or what?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Feenix posted:

Someone explain the seeker mines to me and if they are good (or become good?)

I want to like then. They seem neat but the damage is less than the launched explosive, and the launched explosive us less "avoidable".

With the upgrade that splits them into lots of little ones it is a pretty awesome tool to kick off a fight and stun all the mooks

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I just started so I'm trying to not read the whole thread til I get a little sense of where I'm at. Is there any decisions I can't take back that I should avoid making?

Also The Division is cool but now I want someone to make a Global Frequency game where you basically play scenarios like this but also others and have different character classes with different playstyles.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is there an easier way to deconstruct equipment besides holding L3 on each item (PS4)? Sometimes I see "Deconstruct Junk" but it just deconstructs the item I'm selecting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you need to mark stuff as junk first

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

moush posted:

Is there an easier way to deconstruct equipment besides holding L3 on each item (PS4)? Sometimes I see "Deconstruct Junk" but it just deconstructs the item I'm selecting.

Mark it all as junk and then you can bulk deconstruct.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hope they add a "convert all materials to higher tier" option in the crafting station soon. It is painful to do it one at a time and you have to esc back each time you craft one to be able to craft again.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Nevvy Z posted:

I just started so I'm trying to not read the whole thread til I get a little sense of where I'm at. Is there any decisions I can't take back that I should avoid making?

Also The Division is cool but now I want someone to make a Global Frequency game where you basically play scenarios like this but also others and have different character classes with different playstyles.
The only decision you can't take back is a :911: neck tattoo.

also real talk i'd preorder the poo poo out of a semi-open world global frequency game too bad it'll never be made because hahahaha who even remembers GF????

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Nevvy Z posted:

Just make sure you strip your weapons before dismantling them. It will destroy anything attached to the weapon as well.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Those shotgun dudes aren't loving around.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I want to like LMGs, but their ttk takes forever to take Alex down with one. help a goon out, im still at a low level (9), do they get better?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

super macho dude posted:

I want to like LMGs, but their ttk takes forever to take Alex down with one. help a goon out, im still at a low level (9), do they get better?

Yes and after level ~11 or so you will get extra damage to certain weapon classes as a common trait on non-weapon equipment.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Yes, just depends on its rolls. Sometimes you'll get an awesome one like an m60 with a perk that makes it +20% accurate, then you have a 100round headshot machine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is cool, it's like a MMO version of Unit 13 for vita.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

keyframe posted:

Hope they add a "convert all materials to higher tier" option in the crafting station soon. It is painful to do it one at a time and you have to esc back each time you craft one to be able to craft again.

Yeah, I can see this being added in during a "big" patch--kinda wild they didn't think to include it by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Worth the $80 bones? For realsie?

• Locked thread