Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ularg posted:

Thanks guys for the advice.

So I think I'm now getting memory leaks playing The Division. I'm not sure if this is meant to be a ton of memory for the game to use as I never really monitored it when it's working normally.

But at this point the game was freezing for a couple seconds every other second. Until I quit out. Has there been any luck on fixing it or am I screwed until Ubisoft deems me worthy of the dev time? I didn't have this problem whatsoever during the beta. Just makes it feel like I'm being punished for not getting this on ps4.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a single response from Ubisoft. And the only things I can find are people saying they just lowered all their graphics settings to minimum, and seems to have a 50/50 chance of either fixing it or just letting you play an extra 45 minutes before the memory leak gets so bad it crashes.

That's not a memory leak dude. The game just uses a ton of memory, its a modern game with state of the art graphics. Nothing about that is unusual. I use that much RAM and its completely stable and if anything it runs smoother over time, the memory size doesn't bloom up. Just using a lot of memory isn't a leak, do you know what a memory leak is?

How much RAM do you have? If you can't handle a game using 4GB you need to turn down your settings. I have 16GB RAM so its not even remotely an issue. If you have at least 8 you should be fine, and you should have 8. With 8GB RAM plus virtual memory, a game using 4GB is completely trivial.

Ularg posted:

I restarted the game and in the menu before I even select a character I went to change the settings and The Division was already taking 2,900MB of RAM and going upwards. Went all the way up to 3,500MB during loading then slowly went back down and it's hovering around 2,800MB. No news yet on if it's going to crash on me. Better not with my full DZ bag I need to extract. I set everything to low but might have to check again to see any effects I can turn completely off. Then reboot my PC because it seems like The Division isn't letting go of that RAM even when you close it.

3GB of RAM is nothing. This is not a leak. Stop saying memory leak when you don't even know what a memory leak is. Jesus.

Ularg posted:

You're probably right, I have 16GB. But I'm wondering why it plays fine for an hour maybe then just starts freezing until I restart.

Its a computer game on a PC, there's a billion possible reasons why that could happen other than memory leaking dude.

SneakyFrog posted:

I noticed the latest windows 10 update caused something similar if you had an xbox one wireless controller adapter or controller plugged in... Guy on reddit had a decent workaround that got rid of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

not that it'll fix your situation, but it did mine.

I have had this problem with Windows 10 though, 100%. Its the point I can't even use my xbone controller anymore. I fell back to the 360 controller because the Xbone controller drivers keep crashing endlessly.

Good loving job microsoft, can't even support your own first party hardware!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Am at 28 now. Should I finish up levelling before returning to the DZ or should I spend an evening in the 24-29 bracket farming DZ rep?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My solution to memory leaks is to have 32gb of RAM.

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Am at 28 now. Should I finish up levelling before returning to the DZ or should I spend an evening in the 24-29 bracket farming DZ rep?

Leveling to 30DZ lvl as a 29 was pretty easy, I didn't see another player the entire night, just me and a lot of Rikers needing spanking.

EDIT: How does chest work, sometimes I can open chests again and sometimes I can't is it on a timer?

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

This. It means you have to play more carefully in the DZ. Plus I had a fun experience where I accidentally shot another agent, went rogue and then had a heart-pounding race through the DZ as they tried to chase me down while I sprinted for safety.

Yeah, I absolutely do not get the crying that Reddit does about non-rogues body blocking for their rogue friends. I think it's hilarious and a good tactic, and if I have to check my fire to make sure I don't go rogue, so be it.

I think I may just make an alt and stick around at the level 19 bracket in the DZ, since I keep hearing that at 30 no one really PvPs right now. I had the absolutely best time ever last night hunting down a group of like 6 guys who all went rogue at various times. 4 of the guys went full on manhunt with their 2 buddies who managed to drop rogue running interference for them. One of the non-rogues went down and his rogue buddies tried to save him, but I slowly followed him as he tried to drag himself to his buddies and shot at anyone who came close. I told him "I can't kill you, but I can sure watch you die." I just heard him scoff over the chat and bleed out while his 4 buddies tried to kill me so they could save him.

Eventually they got cornered and I got the killing blow on all 4 of the manhunt guys and went from DZ16 to DZ22 in about 20 minutes. I wish I could find those guys again and tell them that was the most fun I've had in this game so far. When the DZ works like that, it's a loving AMAZING blast.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

dogstile posted:

What do you mean not stiff enough, my buddy got dropped as rogue and went down 2 DZ levels and lost 50,000 DZ credits. That's insane.

I actually think the problem is the rewards and not the penalties. We need Phoenix credit drops that get announced zone wide and require extraction. I'm good losing two dz levels if I got a chance at like 50 Phoenix credits or something.

Lowering the penalty a bit would be good, but too much and you get dayz the zone instead of the cool cooperation with constant threat of betrayal.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
What's the word on unlocking the Black Market Vendor at BoO before level 30. Is it worth bothering with if I run around the DZ frequently enough, or is it phoenix credits only?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zaphod42 posted:

That's not a memory leak dude. The game just uses a ton of memory, its a modern game with state of the art graphics. Nothing about that is unusual. I use that much RAM and its completely stable and if anything it runs smoother over time, the memory size doesn't bloom up. Just using a lot of memory isn't a leak, do you know what a memory leak is?

How much RAM do you have? If you can't handle a game using 4GB you need to turn down your settings. I have 16GB RAM so its not even remotely an issue. If you have at least 8 you should be fine, and you should have 8. With 8GB RAM plus virtual memory, a game using 4GB is completely trivial.

3GB of RAM is nothing. This is not a leak. Stop saying memory leak when you don't even know what a memory leak is. Jesus.

Its a computer game on a PC, there's a billion possible reasons why that could happen other than memory leaking dude.

I have had this problem with Windows 10 though, 100%. Its the point I can't even use my xbone controller anymore. I fell back to the 360 controller because the Xbone controller drivers keep crashing endlessly.

Good loving job microsoft, can't even support your own first party hardware!

Whoh there KillerMcHostile, most folks have no idea of the actual capabilities of a PC's memory, much less specifics or proper memory usage in programming.

But yeah the workaround I listed worked well, though its a pretty stupid oversight for a company trying to push a "convergence" ecosystem.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

thebushcommander posted:

I have the Division maxed out, ultra settings and it uses something like 2GB ram at the most last time I checked.

I run Afterburner on my second monitor to watch temps/usage and am consistently 6+GB into my RAM while playing this game. With the overlay on I was at 7.5+

This game has convinced me to go buy more ram because 8gb just isn't going to stay enough for much longer.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Rabble posted:

I actually think how rogue status works in the DZ is pretty perfect. The penalty is harsh enough that your average player isn't going to go rogue but still not stiff enough that the people who get entertainment from PvP wont group up and roll over pubbies. I get that people want PvP deathmatch but that's not what this is. Maybe in the future they'll have a wargame expansion with capture the flag and whatnot.

If anything I think there should be a "safety's on" option that you can toggle to turn on/off friendly fire in the DZ. That way you don't have to worry about greifers who run in your line of sight to try and make you rogue. Though, its not a big deal as long as you're aware of your surroundings.

You're wrong. Incredibly so. I almost think you either haven't hit 30 and played Dark Zone yet or haven't thought the current setup through.

Right now, you can only go Rogue if you don't care about your DZ level. The two are completely, unequivocally, mutually exclusive. However, you can only actually fight other players if you have DZ level 50 gear, as it is so much better than all other gear. If you're not DZ 50, going Rogue will lead to you losing tons of DZ xp AND not being able to kill anyone, because the people who've been grinding DZ levels are in exponentially better gear than you.

Writing complaints off as people "wanting PvP deathmatch" illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about. Level 30 Dark Zone areas are PvE areas for all intents and purposes, with the occasional accidental Rogue when someone steps in front of someone elses line of sight, at which point the accidental shooter immediately gets murdered and loses hours worth of DZ XP.

The system they've set up literally only allows PvP if you have two level 30 characters, one with high DZ ranks to farm the gear that allows you to actually compete in PvP stats-wise and one that received gear through the stash and that stays at DZ rank 1 because it's impossible to level past 20ish while still occasionally going Rogue.

There are NO incentives for going Rogue at the moment and GIANT penalties.

List of things I'd do to fix it:
-Reduce the XP penalty from dying as a rogue by roughly 1% per DZ rank of current amount (so no reduction at low levels, 50% reduction in the penalty at DZ rank 50)
-Revert the Phoenix Coin nerf partially or completely, so DZ bosses give worthwhile amounts of birdcoins again
-Require Phoenix Coins and Division Tech to be extracted before they can be used, so Rogues can kill people for these too (E: This would have the added bonus of making extractions interesting again, instead of just a boring source of crafting materials)
-Add some amount of XP reward for surviving as a Rogue. Maybe between a third and half of what you'd lose from dying at a similar Rogue level

Going Rogue doesn't need to be massively deincentivized to stop the DZ from turning into a deathmatch, that will always be the case as PvPing AGAINST Rogues is low-risk/high-reward. In the beta, 5-10% of people in the DZ were Rogues at any given time and that was perfect. Currently, that number is like 0.5% and that is all from accidents or from people who've actually had the time to grind out DZ 50 AND level a new char to 30 which is bad design and ridiculously time-consuming.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Muffin Rhino posted:

You're not geared enough for the Challenge modes (they are legit hard, even with great gear). They require coordination, which usually means a pre-made team of 4 or a group of smart randos w/ mics. The standard "daily" hard missions are doable at your level though, just matchmake them.
I've been running Lincoln Tunnel, which is probably the best entrypoint into challenging difficulty since it's fairly easy to just chew through. I've run it a number of times with randoms with only two matchups being bad (in which case I just left and got another group).

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
I think the pro move at this point is to get a bunch of 14 19 + 24 gear and socket it away in your vault. Then eventually build up all characters by playing with friends and always have a high level DZ guy for whichever bracket is popping off

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also is pistols drawn at the extract Rope replacing jumping jacks?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This. It means you have to play more carefully in the DZ. Plus I had a fun experience where I accidentally shot another agent, went rogue and then had a heart-pounding race through the DZ as they tried to chase me down while I sprinted for safety.

Yeah I"ve done this several times and I don't get all the bitching about rogue penalties. They could be a bit less, I guess, but make them too minor and everybody just murders each other endlessly. It shouldn't be a care bear zone but it shouldn't be a non stop gank fest either.

As-is as long as you can escape from rogue status there is no penalty at all, so just git gud. Learn how to lead people on a wild goose chase and escape.

I've gone rogue several times and the penalties don't seem to have caught up to me all that bad yet. Just don't go rogue if you're gonna die like a bitch.

And yeah, running around while rogue knowing that people could come at you from anywhere is some good adrenaline.
Don't stand still while rogue unless you want to die. Run around, use shortcuts, go underground, climb buildings, anything to give people the slip.

The Mash posted:

You're wrong. Incredibly so. I almost think you either haven't hit 30 and played Dark Zone yet or haven't thought the current setup through.

Right now, you can only go Rogue if you don't care about your DZ level. The two are completely, unequivocally, mutually exclusive. However, you can only actually fight other players if you have DZ level 50 gear, as it is so much better than all other gear. If you're not DZ 50, going Rogue will lead to you losing tons of DZ xp AND not being able to kill anyone, because the people who've been grinding DZ levels are in exponentially better gear than you.

Writing complaints off as people "wanting PvP deathmatch" illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about. Level 30 Dark Zone areas are PvE areas for all intents and purposes, with the occasional accidental Rogue when someone steps in front of someone elses line of sight, at which point the accidental shooter immediately gets murdered and loses hours worth of DZ XP.

The system they've set up literally only allows PvP if you have two level 30 characters, one with high DZ ranks to farm the gear that allows you to actually compete in PvP stats-wise and one that received gear through the stash and that stays at DZ rank 1 because it's impossible to level past 20ish while still occasionally going Rogue.

There are NO incentives for going Rogue at the moment and GIANT penalties.

There is an incentive for going rogue; you get xp for killing people and you get to take their loot. I really wish people would stop ignoring this just because its convenient for their arguments.

I will say though that it isn't perfect. The big problem is the phoenix vendor requiring DZ rank 50. They need to change that somehow, although fixing it requires adding a bit more depth.

Ideally I think there should be a pve economy and a pvp economy, have it so that phoenix credit vendors don't require any dz rank at all. Then have DZ vendors which sell good gear for higher and higher dz rank, but which require a new dark credit currency instead.

Make it so that dark credit currency drops from bosses in the dark zone and players have a chance to drop dark zone credits when they die.

Boom, now you've got a WHOLE lot more reason to pvp in the dark zone, and much less penalty. Sound good? :)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 15, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sandweed posted:

EDIT: How does chest work, sometimes I can open chests again and sometimes I can't is it on a timer?

Yeah its a timer. An hour per chest, so if you're being picky and slow, you can nab DZ chests on your way in and out of a zone.

Zaphod42 posted:

There is an incentive for going rogue; you get xp for killing people and you get to take their loot. I really wish people would stop ignoring this just because its convenient for their arguments.

This reward is literally gently caress all compared the the penalty for loving up. You are betting an hour of progress on not making any mistakes for five minutes and the reward is... five minutes of progress? That you could have done safely without setting the entire server after you?

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 15, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KFBR392 posted:

I think the pro move at this point is to get a bunch of 14 19 + 24 gear and socket it away in your vault. Then eventually build up all characters by playing with friends and always have a high level DZ guy for whichever bracket is popping off

Brackets sub 30 probably won't be popping off after awhile though. Right now its fun to gank newbies who wander into the dark zone, but after a month everybody's going to be playing at 30. The only people camped at 14 would all be people who have twinked their alts. Could be fun but you'll just be fighting other people there to do the same thing. Although I guess the pvp might be more balanced at 14 where at 30 its just a gear check.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

What skills are good for PvPing anyway? Sticky Bomb and First aid?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sandweed posted:

Yeah, first aid lets you save medkits for when you really, really need it, sticky bomb for first encounters. I have a friend who drops his seeker, fires a sticky into a group extracting and then watches as the seeker sets all the downed guys on fire but that's because he can rely on us to heal.

Dudes a loving cleaner in disguise.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

dogstile posted:

Yeah, first aid lets you save medkits for when you really, really need it, sticky bomb for first encounters. I have a friend who drops his seeker, fires a sticky into a group extracting and then watches as the seeker sets all the downed guys on fire but that's because he can rely on us to heal.

He's got the sack to do what you won't! A hero, this one!

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Zaphod42 posted:

Brackets sub 30 probably won't be popping off after awhile though. Right now its fun to gank newbies who wander into the dark zone, but after a month everybody's going to be playing at 30. The only people camped at 14 would all be people who have twinked their alts. Could be fun but you'll just be fighting other people there to do the same thing. Although I guess the pvp might be more balanced at 14 where at 30 its just a gear check.

I don't think so. The game is getting good word-of-mouth and they have some expansion content queued up so I'd imagine it'd be a pretty fresh set of folks coming in through the lower-level disease for a while. Plus most people don't power game like internet posters.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

dogstile posted:

This reward is literally gently caress all compared the the penalty for loving up. You are betting an hour of progress on not making any mistakes for five minutes and the reward is... five minutes of progress? That you could have done safely without setting the entire server after you?

Read the rest of my post :rolleyes:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God I love the navy mp5. I have my guy specced for max crit chance and I chew through yellow enemies like they were trash mobs.

Zaphod42 posted:

People aren't ignoring it, in fact they have addressed it multiple times.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 15, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dogstile posted:

He's only doing what needs to be done. Just don't cough around him.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zaphod42 posted:

Read the rest of my post :rolleyes:

I did, but you're still claiming that there is an incentive.

There isn't, if you want to go rogue, you are doing it for fun, not progress. People aren't ignoring loot and xp because its convenient, they're doing it because its like adding 1 damage to your pistol. Its negligible. Sure you agree that it isn't perfect, but that's not what i'm talking about, i'm just reaffirming that rogue has literally no upsides. None. Zero.

:rolleyes:

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Tei posted:

I don't know if the destination will be fun, but going there will be fun.

Going there is only fun if you really like grinding phoenix credits. (here's a hint: it loving sucks.) If you stayed geared up like I did, the only way up once I hit level 30 was high-end items (yellows.) So.... no. Neither of these things are particularly fun. Probably going to stop playing now that I'm in end game, which sucks. The Dark Zone was a loving blast before I got here.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sandweed posted:

Stickies are really good at either downing people outright or blinding the absolute poo poo out of them. If you get a bunch of gear that gives bonuses to it you can take out single players without much problem.

Also the slog to DZ 50 is absolute bullshit.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What's the better crowd control skill, gas mine or flash sticky?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

dogstile posted:

I did, but you're still claiming that there is an incentive.

There isn't, if you want to go rogue, you are doing it for fun, not progress. People aren't ignoring loot and xp because its convenient, they're doing it because its like adding 1 damage to your pistol. Its negligible. Sure you agree that it isn't perfect, but that's not what i'm talking about, i'm just reaffirming that rogue has literally no upsides. None. Zero.

:rolleyes:

You can't say its negligible and then say its literally none and zero. That's a contradiction. You do get money and experience. You can argue you'd get more if you just hunted NPCs instead, but what if you hunted NPCs and players both? As long as you aren't dying, its a positive gain. You can say its a negligible gain, but its not zero.

If you're dying then its not worth it, sure, but just don't die so much.

But I do agree it needs some work.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Also the slog to DZ 50 is absolute bullshit.

Its not so bad if you're already DZ 30 when you hit level 30. The problem is everybody ground main missions to hit 30 ASAP and so of course that's all you have to do now. Should have spread it out more. I've been waiting for my friends to do main missions so I cleared out all the side missions and did a good bit of DZ as I leveled. Since you need DZ30 to buy purples I pushed for DZ30 after I hit level 16 (when dz vendors stop having blues) and that means only 20 levels to get when you hit 30, which isn't so bad at all.

Vendor requirements should probably be rank 10, 20 and 40 instead of 10, 30 and 50 though.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 15, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Every time I reached the max level for a DZ bracket i went in and farmed some loot.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It also doesn't work if you are not dying, because there is no reward to it. You can argue semantics that there is technically a reward, but his point that you chose to ignore is that the reward is so small it may as well not even exist. The pittance you get for killing someone is not a reward because it is basically worthless.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Relax, I thought I made it clear I had no idea what was going on or what I'm talking about. I'm absolutely poo poo at understanding whatever is the flavor of the week problem my PC has. It's a new PC I built in January with parts all suggested by goons. But I'm just unlucky and stupid and everything I touch fucks up, so here I am. Sorry dude, I have this effect on people it seems.

And jeese, volumetric fog. I don't think it really looks any good at ultra, compared to the E3 videos. I used the ultra preset on graphics options with my 970 and went down to 33fps. I turned volumetric fog to low, and changed nothing else at all, and instantly went up to a solid 60.

And as suggested, turned down object streaming.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
BTW, anyone having trouble with the Agent Origins redemption code site over the weekend - it's working now. I just got my code.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Could they just fix the DZ rank requirements for buying low level gear, it's insane that I would have to grind for like 10+ hours just so I could actually spend the thousands of purple funbucks I've been hoarding

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Brown snakeskin on a socom m1a with those tan FDE mods looks so loving cool.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not so bad if you're already DZ 30 when you hit level 30. The problem is everybody ground main missions to hit 30 ASAP and so of course that's all you have to do now. Should have spread it out more. I've been waiting for my friends to do main missions so I cleared out all the side missions and did a good bit of DZ as I leveled. Since you need DZ30 to buy purples I pushed for DZ30 after I hit level 16 (when dz vendors stop having blues) and that means only 20 levels to get when you hit 30, which isn't so bad at all.

Vendor requirements should probably be rank 10, 20 and 40 instead of 10, 30 and 50 though.

Going from rank 1 to rank 30 takes ~130k xp and going from 30 to 50 takes ~487k xp. You can use +xp gear to make it slightly less awful but it's going to be a slog no matter what. I can't imagine they even intended for people to hit 50 before the DZ content patch in May.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zaphod42 posted:

You can't say its negligible and then say its literally none and zero. That's a contradiction. You do get money and experience. You can argue you'd get more if you just hunted NPCs instead, but what if you hunted NPCs and players both? As long as you aren't dying, its a positive gain. You can say its a negligible gain, but its not zero.

That's my point man, it might as well be nothing. I'll drop it because its a dumb thing to fight about and I don't actually want to die on a hill over my wording though.

Sandweed posted:

Every time I reached the max level for a DZ bracket i went in and farmed some loot.

All my buds said they were going to do this, then they skipped 19/24/29. Now they're "not sure about the endgame".

Motherfuckers I told you it was all grind!

Phoix posted:

Going from rank 1 to rank 30 takes ~130k xp and going from 30 to 50 takes ~487k xp. You can use +xp gear to make it slightly less awful but it's going to be a slog no matter what. I can't imagine they even intended for people to hit 50 before the DZ content patch in May.

If they didn't they have vastly underestimated how much free time people have.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dogstile posted:

That's my point man, it might as well be nothing. I'll drop it because its a dumb thing to fight about and I don't actually want to die on a hill over my wording though.

When you argue with Zaphod everyone loses.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Sitting in the 29 DZ 70k dps 60k hp. Pretty nice. 14 DZ ranks to go till rank 50.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ularg posted:

Relax, I thought I made it clear I had no idea what was going on or what I'm talking about. I'm absolutely poo poo at understanding whatever is the flavor of the week problem my PC has. It's a new PC I built in January with parts all suggested by goons. But I'm just unlucky and stupid and everything I touch fucks up, so here I am. Sorry dude, I have this effect on people it seems.

And jeese, volumetric fog. I don't think it really looks any good at ultra, compared to the E3 videos. I used the ultra preset on graphics options with my 970 and went down to 33fps. I turned volumetric fog to low, and changed nothing else at all, and instantly went up to a solid 60.

And as suggested, turned down object streaming.

Personally I think the volumetric fog looks amazing, but yeah it eats up lots of power and only adds so much. Make sure you turn off or down SSAO if you're trying to eek out performance, it can use a good bit and personally I think it looks bad in many cases, just adds weird contact shadows that are often not appropriate to the global lighting.

I've got everything on ultra but SSAO (including volumetric at ultra) and my 970 runs 1440p at 50-60fps. Sounds like there could be some gremlins in your computer :cheeky:

E1M1 posted:

Could they just fix the DZ rank requirements for buying low level gear, it's insane that I would have to grind for like 10+ hours just so I could actually spend the thousands of purple funbucks I've been hoarding

Yeah like I was saying it should be more like rank 20, or even lower. Removing all the blue gear from dz vendors at level 15 or 16 and then requiring 30 for purples is a bit of a kick in the pants.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
If they kept the highest dz rank at 50, but put all the gear at 30 that'd be pretty great. That's ~10 deaths consecutively with no kills before you lose gear vendor access.

Really skilled players could keep that running for a while, but most would go rogue in short bursts or opportunistically, assuming we get better things to take in the dark zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

there should just be a FFA last-man-standing phoenix coin arena where everyone wagers 5 phoenix coins * (number of times won minus lost, minimum 1) in the form of bringing it with them

everyone has one life and 5 minutes to kill other people for their phoenix coins or hide in a sewer grate like a chicken poo poo

pvp fixed

• Locked thread