Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

oohhboy posted:

You don't need to, once you flip the second switch, the achievement pops. You just brute force it.

Incorrect

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Actually genius, you're wrong. Source: I just did the achievement & it did not unlock until I was standing in the escape zone with the server secured in the van.

Correct, and congrats! Now tell us what other awful poo poo you have to do for 100% :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Actually genius, you're wrong. Source: I just did the achievement & it did not unlock until I was standing in the escape zone with the server secured in the van.

No need to get hissy about it, last time I did this was 2 years ago, I misremembered ok, bloody hell.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fellis posted:

Incorrect

Correct, and congrats! Now tell us what other awful poo poo you have to do for 100% :unsmigghh:

My Payday 2 Achievements posted:

Afraid of the Dark
On day 3 of the Framing Frame job, while doing plan B, don't let law enforcers pull the power.

First Nightmare
This is a secret achievement. It is only obtainable during the Annual Halloween Event!

Second Nightmare
This is a secret achievement. It is only obtainable during the Annual Halloween Event!

Third Nightmare

Fourth Nightmare

Tough Act to Follow
Complete all contracts including pro jobs on the Hard difficulty.

poo poo Just Got Real
Complete all contracts including pro jobs on the Very Hard difficulty.

Murphy's Law
On day 1 of the Election Day job, tag the wrong truck, then find nothing in the vault.

Ghost Riders
Complete a heist while you and your four man crew are wearing one different difficulty mask each.

Don't Bring the Heat
In the Big Bank job, complete the heist without triggering the alarm. Unlocks the CQB Stock for the Falcon rifle.

Entrapment
In the Big Bank job, complete the heist with 12 bags in the default escape with the all lasers active. Unlocks the CQB Foregrip for the Falcon rifle.

Fifth Nightmare

I've Got the Power
In the Bomb: Dockyard heist, don't let the enemies cut the power. Unlocks the "Long Slide" for the LEO pistol.

So, really it's not that much. The wait until October will be the most painful part of the whole process.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Laputanmachine posted:

Now that the Dockyard lab spawns every time, Guessing Game remains as the one most bullshit luck based cheevo in the game.

Murphy's law was pretty drat annoying when I did it. Then my loving buddy got it onlike the second or third time ever doing that map.

e; 133 from 100%, which I'll never get because at least two of those are no longer doable. Hurray! :negative:

Hobold fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 16, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hey, I remember getting Murphy's Law! :suicide:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Fun fact, sykic and I did murphy's law and guessing game back to back one day :shepicide:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I think I got Murphy's Law on accident. :v:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lucked out on Murphy's Law and got it day one of release on the very first run.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There is something very wrong with us, the mutants that have gotten 100% legitimately.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Hobold posted:

Murphy's law was pretty drat annoying when I did it. Then my loving buddy got it onlike the second or third time ever doing that map.

e; 133 from 100%, which I'll never get because at least two of those are no longer doable. Hurray! :negative:

Oh gently caress, forgot about that. I remember getting it originally on my second try but then I tried to help a friend of mine get it and it took like 20 tries. :negative:

Afraid of the dark is pretty trivial. Do it on hard and bring fully upgraded sentries. Same goes for I've Got The Power.

You can also do these on normal but doing them on hard means you don't have to do those heists again for the difficulty masks.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
When I first got 100%, Murphy's Law was the last achievement I got, and I played a lot of Election Day. The RNG is rude.

The second-to-last was the stupid Bush mask cheevo because the drat Bush mask wouldn't drop for me.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I feel extremely justified in SAMing myself the Hard and Very Hard mask achievements.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

One! Two! Three dead cops! Ha ha ha!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Hobold posted:

Which two?

e:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I feel extremely justified in SAMing myself the Hard and Very Hard mask achievements.

I on the other hand have to make up for the fact that I joined a cheater lobby & randomly got the "4 cops jokered at once" achievement.. before I even clicked ready.

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 16, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

There is something very wrong with us, the mutants that have gotten 100% legitimately.

Ask me how many times I've done Tabula Rasa, Reputation Beyond Reproach and Overdrill just to help people for them. :shepicide:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

Ask me how many times I've done Tabula Rasa, Reputation Beyond Reproach and Overdrill just to help people for them. :shepicide:

Merc is my bff.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

The overdrill event things from FWB and Lab Rats. Those were limited time things no? Oh and Santa's Workshop. I think those are the only 3 with those events.

Stand in the light, get swarmed, try not to die. Hate those.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hobold posted:

The overdrill event things from FWB and Lab Rats. Those were limited time things no? Oh and Santa's Workshop. I think those are the only 3 with those events.

Stand in the light, get swarmed, try not to die. Hate those.

The safes were limited time. The achievements are not.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

The safes were limited time. The achievements are not.

Oh, yay.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Overkill has learned its lesson mostly from the first game in making any achievement time based. The only one you can do for a limited time every year is the initial Halloween ones and when they stop making content for this game, they will likely make Safe House Nightmare year round.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Hobold posted:

Given our luck with getting shafted on loot in general, I wasn't surprised it happened pretty quickly. :sun:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Hobold posted:

Oh, yay.

Did someone say they have to do the overdrill AND the Lab Rats Cloaker event? :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

Overkill has learned its lesson mostly from the first game in making any achievement time based. The only one you can do for a limited time every year is the initial Halloween ones and when they stop making content for this game, they will likely make Safe House Nightmare year round.

Even the time limited ones from PDTH are now always available- the last update permanently added the Xmas presents in their later, harder positions.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Yay. I guess that means I get to do the whole waiting around thing in Slaughterhouse for the stupid truck to fall on its own again. Doesn't that take like 5-10 minutes?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was with a group that tried for guessing game once, we probably ran it about fifteen times, never even got close. poo poo is the worst.

Since this weekend is going to be an absolute nightmare around town and I'm probably just going to hide inside my apartment, I might try knocking some more out come Saturday evening. I'm not bad on achievements, even with all the stuff that's been added since I last really went to sweep out the achievement closet, I've only dropped from like 75% complete to 60ish%. 62%, I just checked.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Fellis posted:

Fun fact, sykic and I did murphy's law and guessing game back to back one day :shepicide:

I still laugh every time I think about our successful Guessing Game attempt where I threw the server with an alarm literally seconds away and MISSED THE loving VAN :v:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console update is the rpg, minigun, van skin will be free.

Kinda makes me feel like they are waaaaay behind on getting heist content to console.

Since the dragan/ bomb heist what other cool guns have been released for PC?

Coming from 360 to xb1 it still feels like a bunch of content in the base game but I am in the minority for sure. Almost every game that I am in someone complains about lack of content or mentions PC heists that we do not have.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Since the Bomb heists we have gotten Alesso Heist, Meltdown, Golden Grin, Car Shop, Hoxton Revenge, the remakes of First World Bank, Slaughterhouse, Counterfeit and Undercover; Lab Rats, Aftershock, the Point Break heists and Goat Simulator. As far as weapons go, we got the Overkill Pack, the BBQ Pack, AK/CAR Pack, Western Pack, Ninja Pack and Chivalry Pack. Only the first two are really good and the rest are of varying degrees of quality. I might have missed some stuff, but the Xbox One/PS4 versions were already way behind when they came out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
MEANWHILE, AT OVERKILL HEADQUARTERS:

haha consoles

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Consoles can't be missing that much cont--

UnknownMercenary posted:

Since the Bomb heists we have gotten Alesso Heist, Meltdown, Golden Grin, Car Shop, Hoxton Revenge, the remakes of First World Bank, Slaughterhouse, Counterfeit and Undercover; Lab Rats, Aftershock, the Point Break heists and Goat Simulator. As far as weapons go, we got the Overkill Pack, the BBQ Pack, AK/CAR Pack, Western Pack, Ninja Pack and Chivalry Pack. Only the first two are really good and the rest are of varying degrees of quality. I might have missed some stuff, but the Xbox One/PS4 versions were already way behind when they came out.

:stonk:

e: you forgot Santa's Workshop

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'd say that overkill has to pay for what they've done

but..the console owners are going to pay for it :kamina:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hobold posted:

Murphy's law is dead easy with HoxHud (although you have to get hoxhud), as hoxhud will tell you the number of spawned loot bags on the map. Continue to restart the map (on normal), until you see 0 lootbags on the indicator and then crush the map on Normal.

I did it first attempt. :kamina:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

Murphy's law is dead easy with HoxHud (although you have to get hoxhud), as hoxhud will tell you the number of spawned loot bags on the map. Continue to restart the map (on normal), until you see 0 lootbags on the indicator and then crush the map on Normal.

Same

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

e: you forgot Santa's Workshop

The shame. I'll never live it down. :negative:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Drewjitsu posted:

Murphy's law is dead easy with HoxHud (although you have to get hoxhud)

The only time anyone has ever recommended HoxHud :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Drewjitsu posted:

HUDList also works for this same purpose.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has their been any further word on the skillz revamp or are we still languishing in the forever-tease?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

If you're going to cheat the cheev, might as well SAM it, then you don't have to install a bad hud mod

E: :can:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

LuciferMorningstar posted:

HUDList also works for this same purpose.

Where do you get hudlist? I've tried searching for it, but only come across a steam forum thread that has nothing in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hobold posted:

Yay. I guess that means I get to do the whole waiting around thing in Slaughterhouse for the stupid truck to fall on its own again. Doesn't that take like 5-10 minutes?

About 6 minutes. Don't forget that you need to shoot out its windshield while it's headed toward you for it to fall in the right direction.

Allen Wren posted:

I was with a group that tried for guessing game once, we probably ran it about fifteen times, never even got close. poo poo is the worst.

Protip: do it on normal. You are likely to have only 3 powerboxes, which drastically improves your odds- plus fewer guards, of course.