Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's actually me. I've spent millions of dollars on this game. My family is living on the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Scyantific posted:

That's obviously a dev build/version/client of the game.

Or kingdreadnaut

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Just got screwed out of my first 1000 point tournament. Had 960, played a 40 point match, it showed 1002 on my screen but I somehow ended up at 932 and didn't trigger the Carnage prize. :(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hey cool 3 tokens for just doing that whatever event. *pulls 3 2 stars*

Also just had the final node, Venom, Symbiote and Daken, down my Thor before he could pull of a single ability. 16,000 damage before I could pull off even a red attack. Love the RNG in this game sometimes.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 25, 2016

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
The free tokens were cool, but even better it seems like an acknowledgement that the event was messed.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

ghostwritingduck posted:

The free tokens were cool, but even better it seems like an acknowledgement that the event was messed.

They said beforehand that they'd give 3 event tokens for participating. I played one PVE match on the first day and received the tokens.

I, too, pulled three 2*s.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hey cool 3 tokens for just doing that whatever event. *pulls 3 2 stars*

I got a Ghost Rider so I'm super hyped to have another single cover 4* (my tenth!)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

2 beasts and an X-23.

Is she any good?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
That was a horrible loving grind, but I took first in my bracket, so I don't know how much I'm entitled to complain; it's certainly not fun at all to spend 3 hours grinding nodes up front versus an hour in the morning, an hour at lunch and an hour at night. I really feel like they should soften the PvE progression reward tiers to make it easier for people that don't want to play as much and don't want to deal with all the bullshit that goes into the PvP system.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok I did my second run through today and I'm at #19 I might actually get a Punisher MAX cover you guys.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

2 beasts and an X-23.

Is she any good?

X-23 seems like a lower level OML but you can also pair her with other Wolverines so I'd say she's worth it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have an OML black if that makes a difference.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Sticking in this alliance has paid off big time. I now have a 0/1/2 OML and right now and I haven't put a penny into this game. He's pretty game breaking. I can't imagine if I had him full-up.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

I'm at the point where, except for SW, I've got all of the actually useful 3* heroes championed, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which turd 3* I want to spend iso on to champion for the LTs. I have 3* punisher at max covers but he's only level 114 and it's something like 108k iso to max and champion, but I did pull a black cover from one of the 3 free tokens from the enemy of the state giveaways. I've also got patches one cover away from 13 covers and he's on next week's dpd rotation and he's also a reward coming up in pvp and in the current pve, but he's also level 127 and it's like 87k iso to max and champion him. I know 3* punisher basically goes unused outside weeks where he's the featured hero, but I hate seeing covers rot because I don't have the iso to make use of them. I'm at 40k iso right now and can probably grind out enough at my current leisurely pace to nude him or patches into champ status, but not both.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drat the DDQ today is kicking my rear end.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

homeless poster posted:

I'm at the point where, except for SW, I've got all of the actually useful 3* heroes championed, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which turd 3* I want to spend iso on to champion for the LTs. I have 3* punisher at max covers but he's only level 114 and it's something like 108k iso to max and champion, but I did pull a black cover from one of the 3 free tokens from the enemy of the state giveaways. I've also got patches one cover away from 13 covers and he's on next week's dpd rotation and he's also a reward coming up in pvp and in the current pve, but he's also level 127 and it's like 87k iso to max and champion him. I know 3* punisher basically goes unused outside weeks where he's the featured hero, but I hate seeing covers rot because I don't have the iso to make use of them. I'm at 40k iso right now and can probably grind out enough at my current leisurely pace to nude him or patches into champ status, but not both.

I'd champ Patch, but that's just me.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

skipdogg posted:

I'd champ Patch, but that's just me.

that's what I was thinking. patch at least gets use with loki / hulk gimmick teams.

also just noticed I had a pretty great typo before but I'm just going to leave that in there.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

homeless poster posted:

3* Punisher is actually surprisingly useful if you build him 3/5/5. The strike tiles from his green are impressively powerful, and his red can knock out a really high HP enemy for a very good cost/damage ratio. I use him all the time with Blade and Hood and it just smothers the entire board with attack and strike tiles and AP leech.

Patch would probably be more universally useful, though.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

CidGregor posted:

3* Punisher is actually surprisingly useful if you build him 3/5/5. The strike tiles from his green are impressively powerful, and his red can knock out a really high HP enemy for a very good cost/damage ratio. I use him all the time with Blade and Hood and it just smothers the entire board with attack and strike tiles and AP leech.

Patch would probably be more universally useful, though.

years of playing video games has permanently etched into my brain the need to play every game as effectively / optimally / min-max-y as possible. i was realizing the other day that i have quite a few 3* heroes championed that i'll likely never use in play outside their featured weeks for whatever reason, but chiefly among them because shitwreckers like cyclops/IF/SW exist and it's so much harder to match someone like HT or psylock onto a team where they're really being used effectively and there's no duplicate color coverage and there's not another hero who can fill the same niche better and etc.

it's like i'd rather burn all my health packs on cyc/IF/SW and then stop, for example, than also play a few rounds with HT and doom and rags.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Nova's pretty much garbage, right? I have Gwen, Ghost Rider and just pulled a Iceman so I need to clear some space. Not the biggest fan of Ghost Rider but I seem to be (un)lucky when it comes to pulling him.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Call Me Charlie posted:

Nova's pretty much garbage, right? I have Gwen, Ghost Rider and just pulled a Iceman so I need to clear some space. Not the biggest fan of Ghost Rider but I seem to be (un)lucky when it comes to pulling him.

nova and GR are both not great. i guess it seems like nova might have some synergy with the new 4* punisher? GR has his black but other than that is completely forgettable.

edit: hey bone rangers the awful enemy of the state pve and cmags pvp are both over now you can all come out of hiding and go back to everybody earning the max daily log-in reward again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally champed all of the 2* dudes. :toot:

The only 3* that I have that even has 12 covers is Spider-Man lol. The rest are in the 10 cover range.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

MarcusSA posted:

The only 3* that I have that even has 12 covers is Spider-Man lol. The rest are in the 10 cover range.

be sure to come up with a plan for who you want to prioritize for iso expenditure and stick with it. if you try to spread it around to everyone it will take forever to get 3* characters to level 166. it sucks to (eventually) have multiple 3* heroes at 13 covers and not enough iso to champ them, and then finding more 3* covers and knowing they're probably going to rot / get sold for 500 iso :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Versus is so dumb once you get to the 700-ish range. It's impossible to get over 800. I'll fight one battle that will net me around 30 points but in the mean time three people will fight and beat me, knocking me back further than where I was before I started the battle.

Is there any way to stop that? Right now I'm sitting at second place and I can't get above 730-ish.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Versus is so dumb once you get to the 700-ish range. It's impossible to get over 800. I'll fight one battle that will net me around 30 points but in the mean time three people will fight and beat me, knocking me back further than where I was before I started the battle.

Is there any way to stop that? Right now I'm sitting at second place and I can't get above 730-ish.

Have a super good scarecrow team, check the roster of the people you're attacking (don't attack any superwhales or high level alliance members) and try playing overnight. I've never been able to break the 1000 mark but I've been able to regularly hit 800.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

Have a super good scarecrow team, check the roster of the people you're attacking (don't attack any superwhales or high level alliance members) and try playing overnight. I've never been able to break the 1000 mark but I've been able to regularly hit 800.

How do you set your scarecrow team? My two best guys are a lvl 101 championed Thor and OML

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You have no chance of breaking 800 without spending money. I've got a buncha maxed out *** dudes and I still can't pull that poo poo off for free.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Joey Freshwater posted:

How do you set your scarecrow team? My two best guys are a lvl 101 championed Thor and OML

Depends on the event.

Don't run OML unless he's multi-covered. Beyond that, Luke Cage is a pretty good general spoiler. His starting defense tile is usually enough to scare off most midlevel players. Or he could cause enough of a delay for the rest of your team to blast them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

Depends on the event.

Don't run OML unless he's multi-covered. Beyond that, Luke Cage is a pretty good general spoiler. His starting defense tile is usually enough to scare off most midlevel players. Or he could cause enough of a delay for the rest of your team to blast them.

Right but how do I tell the game who I want people to face?

OML is 0/1/2 at level 270. I don't have Cage

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The last team you won with is your defending team.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

MarcusSA posted:

Let me know what the Bag-Man rewards are I can't find it online

(gotta catch em all)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Scare crow teams take a lot now.

Before you only needed some buffed 3's.

Now you need champed and leveled and boosted 3's, leveled annoying top tier 4's or well covered 5's. otherwise you will be attacked.

Even carnage thing and other 'those dudes are annoying' characters are less threatening with the 5 stars besides surfer being so strong.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Joey Freshwater posted:

you don't have a scarecrow team (sorry). if your highest level hero is a champ 2* thor and a mismatched OML then you're the guy everyone else is hoping has 800 points so they can win an easy 75 points off you. shield often and shield early?

it's also not really a thing any more, because high level pvp is all about being in a pvp alliance and using out of game connections / chat and shield hopping. shield hopping is very important to getting the 1000+ score and keeping it and will cost you real $$$ unless you have either a stockpile of HP saved up or get extraordinarily lucky with the timing of your own shield purchases without the foreknowledge of being in a pvp alliance.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

homeless poster posted:

you don't have a scarecrow team (sorry). if your highest level hero is a champ 2* thor and a mismatched OML then you're the guy everyone else is hoping has 800 points so they can win an easy 75 points off you. shield often and shield early?

it's also not really a thing any more, because high level pvp is all about being in a pvp alliance and using out of game connections / chat and shield hopping. shield hopping is very important to getting the 1000+ score and keeping it and will cost you real $$$ unless you have either a stockpile of HP saved up or get extraordinarily lucky with the timing of your own shield purchases without the foreknowledge of being in a pvp alliance.

I don't know what any of that means and I saw "real $$$" so I lost interest. I'm going to sit on my top 10 finish and be happy with it I guess

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Maldraedior posted:

Let me know what the Bag-Man rewards are I can't find it online

(gotta catch em all)

Ok everyone but that dude. I deleted him ages ago. Incidentally I haven't pulled one either. Is he even still in the game?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
he's never a listed award but I get him from pvp wins sometimes. It's so tempting, just so I can throw him out in pvps I dont care about

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This Venom/Carnage/Symbiote node lol. Not gonna do that one. 3 Symbiote Scythes and a Lethal Protector within the first 5 turns. Champion Thor, Panther, and Kamala can't stand up to that much damage.

Finncognito
Aug 12, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

This Venom/Carnage/Symbiote node lol. Not gonna do that one. 3 Symbiote Scythes and a Lethal Protector within the first 5 turns. Champion Thor, Panther, and Kamala can't stand up to that much damage.

I managed to do it with OBW and Hood + Steve, didn't even take a lot of damage. It slowed down the red AP gain enough to stun Carnage before he managed to fire his skills. While he's stunned, the symbiote wastes the AP on countdown tiles.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I beat it with that team. I think mine were set at 3/5/5, 4/4/5, 5/5/3

quote:

Kill Carnage first. Keep green and yellow away from Venom. Black Panther's blue drops defense tiles. Kamala's pink and Thor's yellow will trigger a flood of green. Thor's Call The Storm will do the major damage. There's also Rage Of The Panther but that should be saved for last resorts.

They'll seriously hurt your team but you should be able to trigger enough powers for Kamala to keep them alive.

Thankfully, I got my command point on the first try so I didn't have to play it again.

- edit Oh god, pulled another Nova from my legendary token from championing Gamora. Guess I'm keeping him :(

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Killing carnage first sounds simple in theory, but he's literally what two matches from using his red at all times which is the only power you actually need to worry about?