Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Of all the stages Waterfall is the most graphically demanding, so do your testing on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Try going to StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs\Engine.ini and setting both vSync lines to 0 and then going to bSmoothFramerate and set it to false.

I would also go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add the lines

bSmoothFrameRate=false
r.VSync=0

At the bottom because I'm not 100% sure if it loads from the steam folder or the user folder. Then go to nVidia card settings and either force vSync to on or limit to 60fps.

Also, don't use nVidia HD Audio, I think it has some problems with the game, I use RealTek HD audio.

It loads from the AppData folder

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Try going to StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs\Engine.ini and setting both vSync lines to 0 and then going to bSmoothFramerate and set it to false.

I would also go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add the lines

bSmoothFrameRate=false
r.VSync=0

At the bottom because I'm not 100% sure if it loads from the steam folder or the user folder. Then go to nVidia card settings and either force vSync to on or limit to 60fps.

Also, don't use nVidia HD Audio, I think it has some problems with the game, I use RealTek HD audio.

I don't have bsmoothframerate in my ini. Is that normal?

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
I also get weird slowdowns despite having a more than powerful enough computer and hope they fix it because the beta did not have that issue that I remember.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

bSmoothFrameRate=false
r.VSync=0

I still get the eventual slowdown after a period. I'll try running memtest to see if there's an issue with my ram or something. Maybe a reinstall is in order.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Ryuga Death posted:

I still get the eventual slowdown after a period. I'll try running memtest to see if there's an issue with my ram or something. Maybe a reinstall is in order.

It's almost 100% chance to be an issue with the game.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
My god capcom please patch it so it doesn't take 30 seconds of screens to get back to training from a match. Survival does, I know that's not a full load screen.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

The input lag will likely never be "fixed" as it seems like an intentional inclusion to normalize input lag online and offline. Maybe if there was as much lag as usfiv or something that would make sense, but at over 130 ms it just feels like garbage.

I think MikeZ also stated that it would take nothing short of a Netherrelm Esque rewrite of the entire game in order to get this problem under control, and with these chuckle fucks struggling to get one update out, don't count on that happening.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Night Blade posted:

I think MikeZ also stated that it would take nothing short of a Netherrelm Esque rewrite of the entire game in order to get this problem under control, and with these chuckle fucks struggling to get one update out, don't count on that happening.

They would also have acknowledge the problem first, which I don't see happening. It's just dumb, you would hope that proper rollback netcode would make it easier to play my friends in different regions, but it actually feels worse than sfiv.

Sure if I'm playing someone in my city it's great, but thats always going to be the case.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of command grabs vs fuzzy jumps:
https://twitter.com/BananaKen/status/713466656601845760

quote:

Fuzzy jump input vs command grabs has been coming up recently, and this is a scenario where it gets a little complicated. On wakeup you have 2f of throw invul, so it's technically possible to beat meaty command grabs while still blocking meaty normals by holding "1" for 2 frames and then proceeding with the rest of the 171 input. The only problem with this is that human error will get in the way more often than not (either you fail to block for exactly 2f or the opponent fails to time his normals perfectly meaty), hence the initial 1 input is usually held all the way until it's time to throw tech. Players like Ino (@inoVSVSVSVSVSVS) who already covered the numbers in detail specifically describe the fuzzy jump's usage as 1,7+Throw,1 while aiming to do the 7+Throw input for the latter part of the late tech window frames. This means you can be blocking (or holding 1) for as much as 8f on wakeup:

2f throw invul, get thrown on 3rd frame, frames 3-9 are techable so you do 7+Throw on frame 9 at the latest, leaving you vulnerable to normals for frames 9-11

It's difficult to just tell yourself "I will tech on the last possible frame", but what this means is most of the time you'll aim to tech somewhere *comfortably* inside that tech window while blocking in the meantime. Obviously this approach will *lose* outright to command grabs with meaty timing, but it maximizes the chances that you'll indeed block if the opponent's intent is to do a meaty attack as well as accounting for any variations in timing that turns into a slightly delayed attack (that isn't quite yet a call-out to fuzzy jump).

On the other hand, in situations outside of wakeup/blockstun it's very possible that fuzzy jump lets you slip out of command grabs outright; assuming the ranges on the grabs are similar, walk up>throw normally takes less time than walk up>do command throw (since you have to do the inputs first), so this difference in timing can let you get thrown by normal grabs and tech them while jumping out of command grabs.

Lastly, there's many variations on fuzzy jump that you can do (it's all about what options you care about the most), and specifically trying to take advantage of throw invulnerability can theoretically work for jumping out of command grabs, it IS significantly more difficult though.
is one of you bananaken? :crossarms:

edit: more fuzzy wisdom from anime player http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/25/lordknight-explains-common-fuzzy-jump-questions/

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 25, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Bken is a goon who has posted in this thread about this very thing

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Ryuga Death posted:

are you on a dual core processor
if so that's the reason

the game just straight up has some stupid garbage w certain processors that you can temporarily fix for like a couple of minutes before it goes to poo poo again by messing around with core affinities

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fereydun posted:

if so that's the reason

the game just straight up has some stupid garbage w certain processors that you can temporarily fix for like a couple of minutes before it goes to poo poo again by messing around with core affinities

i5 4570, which is a quad, I thought.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

fozzy fosbourne posted:

it's me i'm fruityryu

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ryuga Death posted:

i5 4570, which is a quad, I thought.

4570 is quad core, I recently upgraded to the same CPU. Pretty much just blame the game at this point. If every other game you play runs fine without issue, then it's likely something screwy with SFV's PC optimization. I'm still getting my slowdowns during Win/Intro/Celebration screens. Hopefully the patch will remedy that.

Fereydun posted:

if so that's the reason

I was playing on an i3-4330 (dual-core with HT) before I upgraded, and I haven't noticed any discernible difference in performance. Still have the same issue mentioned above though so :shrug:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

edit: more fuzzy wisdom from anime player http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/25/lordknight-explains-common-fuzzy-jump-questions/

The more I read this poo poo the less I want to play.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Baal posted:

Yeah, Bken is a goon who has posted in this thread about this very thing

I figured out who it is via my mad deductive skills. :worship: Really appreciate the insightful tweets and videos, I follow a lot of fgc people on twitter right now but his stuff is probably the some of the most enlightening

don't worry, I'm not a psycho or anything, I promise

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 25, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
apple is bannaken. the secret is out!!!

Although afaik it wasn't actually a secret

fozzy fosbourne posted:

don't worry, I'm not a psycho or anything, I promise

Not a psycho? You have m. bison in your avatar, he's all about psycho powah. I don't believe you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bananaken tries very hard to hide who he is as you can see by his posting history

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Getting lots of mystery matches.

Went from Silver to Super Bronze the other day and finally battled my way back to Silver, woo hoo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

NorCal vs SoCal 5v5 SFV exhibition at NCR https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

BKen is FGC spy who steals all of SAs high level fighting game secrets and gives them to the Illuminati Discord.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

When I saw Nacer doing random dps in neutral I figured my tech had been discovered :ninja:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Night Blade posted:

The more I read this poo poo the less I want to play.
Why?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wish a bunch of people would steal my super secret SFV tech and put it into practice.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

teh_Broseph posted:

My god capcom please patch it so it doesn't take 30 seconds of screens to get back to training from a match. Survival does, I know that's not a full load screen.

That's actually my second biggest complaint after net code. The amount of superfluous screens to do anything is absurd, and probably won't be fixed ever because they won't perceive it as a problem :japan:

1. new challenger splash
2. Black screen
2. World (no chars) bit of time
3. World,(chars) bit more time
4. Fade to white

It's like an extra half minute to a minute, depending on connections just to go from Training/Survival to the game. Hell, watch an episode of Excellent Adventures and note they're simply playing less games per episode because a load of time overall is spent waiting to get into or loading.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

That's the reserved for psyching your self up.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

NecroMonster posted:

I wish a bunch of people would steal my super secret SFV tech and put it into practice.

What is the tl;dr of that whole drama? Something about US players not sharing tech they found?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The majority of people with Spanish and Italian flags have the absolute worst rollback. It wasn't optimal in USF4 either, but it was at least just a little bit of input delay. With this, it's full blown crazy rollback where they're fullscreen to in your face in a few frames.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Taiso posted:

What is the tl;dr of that whole drama? Something about US players not sharing tech they found?

Arturo (NYC Furby) said he was making a private Discord server with high-level American players to focus on finding tech; there was initially fear that they'd be keeping it to themselves but he tweeted that wasn't the case.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The majority of people with Spanish and Italian flags have the absolute worst rollback. It wasn't optimal in USF4 either, but it was at least just a little bit of input delay. With this, it's full blown crazy rollback where they're fullscreen to in your face in a few frames.

Capcom knew people would want the car bonus round to return, but they also needed to come up with something original to impress modern audiences. They looked at MK and thought about Reptile, a character that turns invisible. Why don't we make BOTH players invisible randomly? If you can win blind, surely it's a sign of true skill. These random "blind" matches that happen between players are just another example of Capcom's INTENDED DESIGN.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

bhsman posted:

there was initially fear that they'd be keeping it to themselves but he tweeted that wasn't the case.

Yeah. Sure.

From now on, all kinds of clowns who think they've found something no one else has will be trying to sit on it until EVO or Capcom Cup. They don't want their trump card patched out. I think it's a pointless effort, though. There are so many people hunting for data all over the place and plenty of them are willing to share, everything will come to light without much delay.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Art was mad because he doesn't "have time" to read twitter or watch youtube vids because he "has" to spend 12 hours a day streaming ranked matches, so he didn't know about week 2 option selects that Japan was Abusing.

So he made a place to centralize all the Tech so he has a place where people who do those things can put everything for him, even though he and the rest of America should be more worried about loving Brenttiscool making top 8 winners before they think they can beat Japan or Infiltration consistently.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Shockeh posted:

That's actually my second biggest complaint after net code. The amount of superfluous screens to do anything is absurd, and probably won't be fixed ever because they won't perceive it as a problem :japan:

1. new challenger splash
2. Black screen
2. World (no chars) bit of time
3. World,(chars) bit more time
4. Fade to white

It's like an extra half minute to a minute, depending on connections just to go from Training/Survival to the game. Hell, watch an episode of Excellent Adventures and note they're simply playing less games per episode because a load of time overall is spent waiting to get into or loading.

Dont forget the 20+ seconds it sits on white sometimes. Then character intros play WHICH EVERYONE SKIPS, (time well spent, Capcom) and NOW you get to play for maybe 2 minutes.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Would using RealTek HD audio let me send sound through my HDMI cable? My current setup is that I send both video and audio through my GTX 970 using HDMI and Nvidia HD audio.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Night Blade posted:

Dont forget the 20+ seconds it sits on white sometimes. Then character intros play WHICH EVERYONE SKIPS, (time well spent, Capcom) and NOW you get to play for maybe 2 minutes.

Not for nothing, but people have been skipping intros since SF4 as well; I doubt they're unaware that people skip them.

EDIT: If they switched back to Third Strike-esque intros (complete with pairing-specific ones), that'd be awesome.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Ryuga Death posted:

Would using RealTek HD audio let me send sound through my HDMI cable? My current setup is that I send both video and audio through my GTX 970 using HDMI and Nvidia HD audio.

It should. I used Realtek for a while and haven't ever needed a separate audio cable.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Art was mad because he doesn't "have time" to read twitter or watch youtube vids because he "has" to spend 12 hours a day streaming ranked matches, so he didn't know about week 2 option selects that Japan was Abusing.

So he made a place to centralize all the Tech so he has a place where people who do those things can put everything for him, even though he and the rest of America should be more worried about loving Brenttiscool making top 8 winners before they think they can beat Japan or Infiltration consistently.

Has there ever even been a time in the history of fighting games where the best secret US tech wasn't just: watch and do what the Japanese do? (Bad games that they don't play excluded)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's called play Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There was that time when Tokido won CEO by just X-factoring on the first character and others started to do that afterwards.