Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Baal posted:

Play Killer Instinct, Pokken Tournament, Guilty Gear, Breaker's Revenge instead

I'm more of a bloody roar and primal rage kinda guy

Edit: I would kill for someone to make a game like bushido blade 2. I know they made a ps2 game called kenguo or something that was like a spiritual successor but it never grasps me like bb2.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Renoistic posted:

Slowly or quickly? I do the commands the other way, after passing under, but I had the best luck with it the longer I waited (except the super would whiff if I waited too long). But if I perform the motion and press the button before she lands nothing happens. I really wish the game would show the input during the presentation, like Tekken does it.

If you're whiffing your super, Cammy's super travels to different spots based on which kick you press to do it. Light kick hits closest to you, heavy kick farthest, and medium in between. You're close to them after crossing through with cannon spike, so light and I think medium critical art will hit, but heavy might whiff.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Anyone know if the patch fixed the bug where scores and stats aren't recorded?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

After many days upon a mountaintop deliberating, I came up with a hairstyle tier list. Facial hair counts.

Obviously V-Necalli is SS+ Tier and we all know where Alex stands (although his doesn't look so bad in action as it does on the select screen).

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dracula Factory posted:

After many days upon a mountaintop deliberating, I came up with a hairstyle tier list. Facial hair counts.

Obviously V-Necalli is SS+ Tier and we all know where Alex stands (although his doesn't look so bad in action as it does on the select screen).

This tier is bullshit. Vega's hairstyle, while extravagant, can be done in the real world with real hair. Charlie's hair, while not as improbable as Guile's would still require a vat of Product in order to get that sticky outy part to stay in place.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dracula Factory posted:

F.A.N.G., who has a costume without hair, beats out Ken, who has hair.

drat it Capcom.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That's true, it probably takes some time to get it gelled out like that, which is impractical.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dracula Factory posted:

Necalli's hair is more practical than Mika's? What???

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
e: double post

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

strangemusic posted:

Apparently the latest update killed the super super amazing Rashid reset that Lamerboi dropped at NCR this past weekend...

https://twitter.com/zDamascus/status/714917779460251650

:negative:

SFV Update 1.X:
everyone got nerfed again

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Can we have juri already

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

She's a wrestler, those pigtails are begging to be yanked or caught under somebody while on the ground, totally impractical. Necalli eats people's sould so he gets a little more leeway.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

She's a wrestler, those pigtails are begging to be yanked or caught under somebody while one the ground, totally impractical. Necalli eats people's sould so he gets a little more leeway.

A salient point, objection retracted

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Is the loading and netcode going to stay this bad post update or can we expect 5 more gigs of patches to undo the mistakes?

I'm also more excited for colors than alex btw.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

It's the source of his power, have you not seen his v-trigger

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like it how Birdie's hairstyle in SF Alpha has a hole in it and is probably physically impossible

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Dracula Factory posted:

Fun fact: Laura has cornrows because IRL women's MMA fighters style their hair that way specifically for in-fight practicality (most dont have cornrows outside of a combat.) I realize it's only half her hair, but def more practical than wearing a turban. Braids and cornrows is generally the go-to for keeping your poo poo out of the fight.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 29, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Does this poorly written explanation of how they rushed the game out so fast they forgot to add micro transactions with money mean that if I buy premium costumes before zenny I keep them or?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dracula Factory posted:

A good and correct post. Except Karin is top tier fabulous.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

strangemusic posted:

Apparently the latest update killed the super super amazing Rashid reset that Lamerboi dropped at NCR this past weekend...

lmao wow

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImsUQY1rLQ

fix the option selects capcom

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Fun fact: Laura has cornrows because IRL women's MMA fighters style their hair that way specifically for in-fight practicality (most dont have cornrows outside of a combat.) I realize it's only half her hair, but def more practical than wearing a turban. Braids and cornrows is generally the go-to for keeping your poo poo out of the fight.

I kinda hate her hairstyle because it's asymmetrical and looks awful. If she had cornrows on both sides or long hair on both sides it would be fine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Laura below Ken, at least I can dig the idea of his ponytail thing and all.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda hate her hairstyle because it's asymmetrical and looks awful. If she had cornrows on both sides or long hair on both sides it would be fine.

you guys can be upset, but its a thing

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+cornrow+hair&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiak9Ckg-fLAhUO3iYKHXmWDt8Q_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=911

Like black women have been doing it much longer but yeah.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Nobody said it wasn't a thing

That doesn't mean it's a good thing

strangemusic posted:

No balance changes until Capcom Cup, except if you use something cool in a tournament

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I think it works well :shrug:

I can't forgive whatever kens hair and face model are supposed to be though.

vega's is done so well and expressively and lauras is pretty, while ken.... yikes

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 30, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

AnonSpore posted:

No balance changes until Capcom Cup, except if you use something cool in a tournament

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm looking to study infiltration's Nash and just see how he handles everything, does anyone know his CFN so I can watch some replays?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

strangemusic posted:

I'm upset

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Capcom been patching out option selects since the betas, upcoming patch getting rid of more of them, but no man, this one stays this is the one.

Are you simple or something?

Basically every tricky OS found in the betas was removed from the game. I would be surprised if further ones found are not removed in the future as well. Their mission statement so far has been less option selects, more situations where you the human have to make a real choice. I am all in favour of everything like that which is found to be cut out. If the upcoming patch truly doesn't fix it, then the next one will. It is very apparent capcom will not let option selects of this type stay.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

lmao

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

So unlocking colors through survival was impossible and tedious (per costume even) and naturally this was a setup to funnel money out of the economy, right?

Apparently not, new colors will be available for purchase, but not colors 3-10. Maybe they'll be available when the Zenny store opens (though it's already beyond dumb that it isn't opening for an indeterminate amount of time) but for now you'll have to be on PC and use the trainer to unlock the colors in any reasonable way.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

SectumSempra posted:

Does this poorly written explanation of how they rushed the game out so fast they forgot to add micro transactions with money mean that if I buy premium costumes before zenny I keep them or?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details
Capcom letting you know immediately "EXPECT NOTHING"

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm looking to study infiltration's Nash and just see how he handles everything, does anyone know his CFN so I can watch some replays?

rzrilfiltration or something like that, he's near the tiop of the leaderboard

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Pretty sad that someone else had to come up with this, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuUxHa2CDI

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

cloofish posted:

So unlocking colors through survival was impossible and tedious (per costume even) and naturally this was a setup to funnel money out of the economy, right?

Apparently not, new colors will be available for purchase, but not colors 3-10. Maybe they'll be available when the Zenny store opens (though it's already beyond dumb that it isn't opening for an indeterminate amount of time) but for now you'll have to be on PC and use the trainer to unlock the colors in any reasonable way.

I find it a little weird they're charging money (real or fake) for what is essentially a color overlay. It's not even a different texture.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

cloofish posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Capcom been patching out option selects since the betas, upcoming patch getting rid of more of them, but no man, this one stays this is the one.

Are you simple or something?

Basically every tricky OS found in the betas was removed from the game. I would be surprised if further ones found are not removed in the future as well. Their mission statement so far has been less option selects, more situations where you the human have to make a real choice. I am all in favour of everything like that which is found to be cut out. If the upcoming patch truly doesn't fix it, then the next one will. It is very apparent capcom will not let option selects of this type stay.

Source your quotes

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SectumSempra posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me.

I'm slowly realizing, even with a self quote, this is the general response you can say to everything capcom does with sf5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

cloofish posted:

What's the source on this?