Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Japanese think Westerners are freakish monsters.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Are the new premium costumes not available to purchase yet? I can't check now.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Oh poo poo! You're bopping him!
                             \

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

setafd posted:

give Ken a DIO costume

Ken's regular costumes with color 05 is pretty close.

Booyah- posted:

I don't think this exists.

Yeah, I'm looking for it now and can't find it; I wonder if that's just for ranked matches?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
So on the youtube Street Fighter channel, they have these character guides and I decided to watch their Zangief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOW3tHuJj6c

In it, they say that you can land a crush counter with Gief's crouching fierce, but you can't get a crush counter with it, like at all. I have no idea how they let that get through to the video.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Booyah- posted:

Are the new premium costumes not available to purchase yet? I can't check now.

Seems like it's just the story costumes right now

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ryuga Death posted:

So on the youtube Street Fighter channel, they have these character guides and I decided to watch their Zangief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOW3tHuJj6c

In it, they say that you can land a crush counter with Gief's crouching fierce, but you can't get a crush counter with it, like at all. I have no idea how they let that get through to the video.

Imma guess that it was possible in a previous build of the game which was what they had to work with.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

Imma guess that it was possible in a previous build of the game which was what they had to work with.

That must've been an old build cause even in the December 2015 beta, you couldn't get a crush counter with gief's crouch fierce.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

That is some terrible modeling on the eyes. Looks like something you come up quickly in Zbrush before you start to work on making it good/realistic.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh cool i get to do survival mode again to unlock colors for the story costumes

rad

when can i get the cammy preorder costume

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Do runbacks affect ranked points at all or does it just mean you get rematched with the same player?

e: dunno how I messed that up

dhamster fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 30, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Mega Comrade posted:

Capcom have made a lot of huge IP gently caress ups over the last few years. Almost every new IP they have tried has failed and they have managed to kill off many well known and popular IPs.

At this point Capcom have 3 main titles, Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter and while they pull in a decent chunk of cash they aren't enough to support a company of Capcoms size. While Konami was a demise through not caring, Capcoms was over ambition which has now turned to trying to limp through with spending as little as possible.

Seriously, Capcom has the 2nd best collection of video game IPs after Nintendo. Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man, Ace Attorney, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Final Fight, Ghosts n' Goblins, Strider, Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising, Bionic Commando, 1942...

It kills me how they continuously gently caress these up and kill them all. People give Capcom a hard time because they were arguably the best 3rd party game developer in the 90's. Street Fighter and Resident Evil literally defined their genres. It kills people because Capcom today is not Capcom from 1996.

Agoat posted:

Capcom, I want to give you my money but you're making it hard.

Same here... this thread is legitimately starting to bum me out. I want this game to succeed and I really want to love this game, but there's just so much about it that just can't be defended. lovely online, 8f delay, it's a $60 paid beta, survival mode is a horrible tedious chore, story mode is the laziest thing I've seen in a AAA title in a long time, Capcom can't be arsed to release an Alex trailer for FR \ NCR, the money store isn't even working, the hitboxes and frame data are really bizarre, no proper arcade mode\story for casuals and thus sales, hideous character models with plastic hair... it's just really, really shameful and embarrassing.

What makes it painful is there's legitimately cool things in here too and if done right, this game would have the potential to be great. But it probably needed another 6 months of development before being shoved out the door. Capcom's senior management is pants on head retarded and I pity anyone working tirelessly day and night to make this game somewhat presentable.

tl;dr zand was right and I was in denial

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

dhamster posted:

Do runbacks affect ranked points at all or does it just mean you get rematched with another player?

You can win and lose points in runbacks. It's just like playing another match.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Same here... this thread is legitimately starting to bum me out. I want this game to succeed and I really want to love this game, but there's just so much about it that just can't be defended. lovely online, 8f delay, it's a $60 paid beta, survival mode is a horrible tedious chore, story mode is the laziest thing I've seen in a AAA title in a long time, Capcom can't be arsed to release an Alex trailer for FR \ NCR, the money store isn't even working, the hitboxes and frame data are really bizarre, no proper arcade mode\story for casuals and thus sales, hideous character models with plastic hair... it's just really, really shameful and embarrassing.

What makes it painful is there's legitimately cool things in here too and if done right, this game would have the potential to be great. But it probably needed another 6 months of development before being shoved out the door. Capcom's senior management is pants on head retarded and I pity anyone working tirelessly day and night to make this game somewhat presentable.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of fun and I don't regret buying the game. I wish things were better but I'm also fortunate in that I have a local scene to play with so a lot of my problems are gone when I see everyone on Mondays. Costumes suck but that's just how it is. Half of this game (and fighters in general) are the community for me, which I'm getting to do a ton with locally. I'm having a great time, despite the jokes and the complaining I do when I get a bit salty.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 30, 2016

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Fellblade posted:

Thanks, I can handle Necalli so hopefully Alex shouldn't be too bad.

?????

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

They're cousins as of SFV: The March (30th) Update.

DolansCadillac
Dec 3, 2005

My empire is CRUMBLING!
Fun Shoe

Couldn't resist

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
^^^:stonk:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Not to take away from the legitimate criticisms or anything, but this thread is easily one of the most negative places w/r/t discussing the game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

DolansCadillac posted:

Couldn't resist

This is going in the op

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DolansCadillac posted:

Couldn't resist

:master: holy poo poo. I'm voting 5 just for that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bhsman posted:

Not to take away from the legitimate criticisms or anything, but this thread is easily one of the most negative places w/r/t discussing the game.

The Star Citizen thread on forums.somethingawful.com is also notably more negative about their game than most places on the net

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

The Star Citizen thread on forums.somethingawful.com is also notably more negative about their game than most places on the net

SA as a whole is more negative about anything than anywhere else on the net. That's OK, because have you read r/SF?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Agoat posted:

Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of fun and I don't regret buying the game. I wish things were better but I'm also fortunate in that I have a local scene to play with so a lot of my problems are gone when I see everyone on Mondays. Costumes suck but that's just how it is. Half of this game (and fighters in general) are the community for me, which I'm getting to do a ton with locally. I'm having a great time, despite the jokes and the complaining I do when I get a bit salty.

Same. And even a broken game can be fun when you're playing it with friends and having a good time. I go to the arcade almost every Saturday and it's something different to do that isn't USF4 which everyone is dreadfully bored of at this point.

Of course, if I didn't have a good local scene and I just played fightcade and never left the house, I probably wouldn't bother with this much. Then again, if I was a hermit, I probably wouldn't play fighting games at all

bhsman posted:

Yeah. Fighting game discussion is typically really negative, SA is typically super negative, and throw them together and this thread puts all the bitching on SRK to shame.

AnonSpore posted:

Touché

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agoat posted:

They're cousins as of SFV: The March (30th) Update.

They both look like cavemen so yeah

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I dunno, Ken's new costume isn't that bad. He's got that look in his eyes, looks kinda ferocious.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Same. And even a broken game can be fun when you're playing it with friends and having a good time. I go to the arcade almost every Saturday and it's something different to do that isn't USF4 which everyone is dreadfully bored of at this point.

Of course, if I didn't have a good local scene and I just played fightcade and never left the house, I probably wouldn't bother with this much. Then again, if I was a hermit, I probably wouldn't play fighting games at all

I figure a few months from now a lot of things will be better anyway. Enjoy Versus mode because it's fun!

Baal posted:

They both look like cavemen so yeah
:rip:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
UPDATE IS OUT

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Only a full hour late!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dhamster posted:

Only a full hour late!

its been up long enough for me to do easy survival and lose at round 29 in normal survival with cammy

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Its been up for over an hour for me.(PC)

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 30, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mega Comrade posted:

Its been up for over an hour for me.(PC)

I'm on PC, too. I just hadn't checked. :P

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I don't suppose dantarion has put out frame data or hit boxes for Alex yet, has he

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

inthesto posted:

I don't suppose dantarion has put out frame data or hit boxes for Alex yet, has he

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox3/#/stats/ALX/v1_2

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
You guys should hop on Discord so we can play with the new character. :j

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Does that "mod medium/hard survival to one round" trainer still work post-patch?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

You gotta put them side by side for maximum effect

Yesssss, hot SF3 Ken. Did they fix his legs, too?

The male characters in this game just have horrible blob legs

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dhamster posted:

Does that "mod medium/hard survival to one round" trainer still work post-patch?

I wish something like that existed for the PS4 version. Either they made Survival harder across the board or I just don't remember it very well.

Either way, still won't be playing it for colors. Because gently caress that noise. Why they think anyone wants to repeatedly play multiple difficulties of Survival to unlock colors on a per-costume basis is beyond me.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
They gave Vega his hyper fighting colors, finally. It's color 12 in the fight money store, if that's your kind of thing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Bad stuff about SFV:

-Some really bad character designs (or at least poorly realized in-game)
-V-sync issue
-Minimum imput lag bullshit
-Poor PR w/r/t explaining issues
-Didn't launch with several features expected for the price tag and/or found in previous titles

Good stuff:

-Fairly good character balance; the low tier isn't too low and the high tier isn't too high
-Long-term tournament support
-MOBA-style system for acquiring new characters and costumes (for better or worse)
-Built to encourage newer players to hop in (imput lenience helps, though the challenges could be better)
-Some good PR w/r/t making DLC characters free; didn't launch money store in a non-working state just to launch it

There are others that I'm probably forgetting on either side, but yeah the game is a bit of a mixed bag right now. I think it will end up being very solid, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone for dropping it in the meantime.

Ag Bengip posted:

The male characters in this game just have horrible blob legs

I got a little uncomfortable looking at Alex's neutral stance. :( Dude is facing you with his upper body and away with his lower body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
You forgot the broken netcode. Alex looks cool though.