Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Well, Trump's going to be the new president of the world, stands to reason that Finland should get more gently caress-you-got-mine-right-wing-liberal too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Antti posted:

Just a reminder that they got a billion euro sized tax cut a couple of years ago as well. There were arguments that it would increase employment and there was even the Laffer argument that it will actually increase tax revenue thanks to the economy picking up.

Good thing we don't actually need that revenue for anything, like our schools and universities.

This is what I'm getting at. Was this ever explained, anywhere, where the results of those cuts ended up? Other than well you know times are a bad, kilpailukyky, go gently caress yourself.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Buffalo squeeze posted:

This is what I'm getting at. Was this ever explained, anywhere, where the results of those cuts ended up?

Yes:
http://www.hs.fi/talous/a1459488690318?ref=hs-etusivu-luetuimmat-#4

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
http://www.talouselama.fi/uutiset/nyt-se-on-tutkittu-suomen-sosiaaliturvamenot-ovat-euroopan-korkeimmat-6534726

o wat, didnt we already cripple everything with cutz

wait no

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

I shocked, shocked that sosiaaliturvamenot are higher when people are getting laid off from work in higher and higher numbers!!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

I shocked, shocked that sosiaaliturvamenot are higher when people are getting laid off from work in higher and higher numbers!!

o really

Even regarding that (rather inane) point the wellfare state is far from dismantled.

I wonder how many posters think all is fixable by rising progressive income taxes though. This thread used to be fulla them!

Killing our elderly isn't doable, even though that would immediately help us from the hole, and killing the rich would be useless even if we gave all their money to the government. All the money would be used in a year or two to cover our budget deficieny and then qe'd be in the same position but without the rich to tax.

Maybe we should try dismantling it :v: Save us Lepomäki muahahaha.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Pretty sure there is agreement within the thread that the current welfare system is poorly designed and should be changed.

Also, this guy in the comments of that article seems to know what he's talking about :

Tällainen tilastointi on harhaanjohtavaa, koska maiden järjestelmät ovat erilaisia. Joissakin maissa sosiaaliturvaa jaetaan sosiaalimenojen sijasta (esim. lapsiperheiden) verovähennyksinä, jolloin sosiaalimenojen taso jää matalammaksi. Toisissa maissa taas sosiaaliturvaa jaetaan sosiaalimenoina, joista osa (kuten Suomessa) on veronalaista tuloa. Tällöin (brutto)sosiaalimenojen taso muodostuu korkeaksi. Oikea vertailu pitää tehdä OECD:n tapaan NETTOsosiaalimenojen perusteella. Myös menojen kaksinkertainen laskeminen tulee välttää. Ks. tarkemmin kirjan http://www.labour.fi/tutkimusjulkaisut/raportteja/raportteja-30/ s. 21-27.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Who the gently caress cares about facts!? Cut all benefits and something something about bootstraps.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Kukaan muu suomessa ei puhu bootstrapeista paitsi pölhöt tässä ketjussa.

Edit: varmaan koska niinku sekopäiset sosiaalinenoikeuscis-heteroavihaavatransfeministit, jutut kopioidaan jenkkiyliopistojen sekopääosastolta ja tumblrista vaikke ne ees sovi tänne suameen

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 2, 2016

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Finns don't need to use bootstraps because we have "kannustinloukku".

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

Kukaan muu suomessa ei puhu bootstrapeista paitsi pölhöt tässä ketjussa.

Edit: varmaan koska niinku sekopäiset sosiaalinenoikeuscis-heteroavihaavatransfeministit, jutut kopioidaan jenkkiyliopistojen sekopääosastolta ja tumblrista vaikke ne ees sovi tänne suameen

Ihan samaa oikeistosanasalaattia meillä on tarjolla kuin jenkeissä vaikka yksittäiset termit jäisivätkin uupumaan (metafora kengännauhoista nostaen ei ole suomen kielessä tuttu), ks. esim. tämänpäiväinen ilta-syövän sivuprofiili:

quote:

- Ikävä kyllä sekä sosiaaliturvan uudistaminen että työpaikoilla sopiminen ovat hautautumassa tämän vanhat työmarkkinarakenteet paaluttavan kilpailukykysopimuksen alle.

Lepomäen mukaan hallituksen saamattomuuden vuoksi palkansaajien veroaste nousee, keskiluokan asema kurjistuu ja työnteon kannustimet heikkenevät.

- Kilpailukykysopimus jumittaa keskeisen osan hallituksen uudistuksista, jotka voisivat johtaa parempaan työllisyyteen. Silloin nykyiset neljän miljardin sopeutukset eivät tule alkuunkaan riittämään.

Eniten Lepomäki on huolissaan siitä, että hallitus ei saa luotua 110 000:a uutta työpaikkaa.

Kaikki tuo on aika lailla kapulakieltä sille, että liitot voisi heittää historian romukoppaan, työttömät joko alipalkattuihin paskaduuneihin tai, koska karvaiset uudet ystävämme ovat jo näihin varattuja, puristettava polttoainepelleteiksi, jne. En edes voi kuvitella minkälaisilla silmänkääntötempuilla markkinaliberaaleista markkinaliberaalein kokoomusjyrä kehtaa väittää taistelevansa sen myyttisen "keskiluokan" puolesta; jenkeissä tuohan on jo vuosikymmenet ollut koodia kaikista varakkaimman väestönosan jeesaamiselle kaikkien muiden kustannuksella.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
noh toivottavasti systeemi romahtaa tiistaina megapaljastusten jälkeen

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

2015-2016 cuts probably don't show on 2014 data...

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

2015-2016 cuts probably don't show on 2014 data...

Ahh so it makez it unteal, the situation has dropped 300% to the worse in a year or two. With small cuts all in all compared to demarihallitus irl.

Wtf.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Cock is the new pers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Cock is the new pers.

Young Cocks have been full-on old-school fascists for a good while now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:siren:DET ÄR SOTA NU:siren:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Ahh so it makez it unteal, the situation has dropped 300% to the worse in a year or two. With small cuts all in all compared to demarihallitus irl.

Wtf.

No I'm just saying that it's weird to use 2014 data to describe 2015-2016 things. I'm not sure what is so offensive about that?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This was a pretty inspiring article too, a CEO who actually gives a poo poo about his workers and clients and is looking for something else then a year's stint and millions in quitting money:
http://www.hs.fi/raha/a1459485070612?ref=hs-etusivu-luetuimmat-#9

also good:

Since it's going to be an common topic with Cock Right VS So right it looped right back around civil war, I personally think that treating all business as same is naive as poo poo. The larger you are the bigger your opportunities are, the bigger your power and responsibilities are and different standards and restrictions should be applied to you. I don't think the guy running the bar downstairs is tax-planning through Cayman Islands for example nor would have access to that. His taxes should be low as poo poo because of that.

The difference between him and companies with bigger revenues then most countries should be treated as entirely different kind of entity. Once you handle that kind of money you should be scrutinized at least as hard as we scrutinize our government - which isn't all that great but miles better then the scrutiny faced by multinational corporations. Right now starting a business is for some loving reason put on the same scale as running a business worth billions. Why the gently caress does the latter get my tax money in subsidies again? Can someone explain that to me? Why do they get more of it then some dude opening a store?
http://www.hs.fi/paakirjoitukset/a1341292435039

Like if we had just poured fifty million euros down whatever hole they have in Talvivaara and set it on fire we would have saved some money. What the gently caress kind of talkoot make that permissible but some teachers and factory workers have to chip in even more?

EDIT: Wow I was way lowballing how much we've spent on Talvivaara
http://yle.fi/uutiset/stubb_antoi_eduskunnalle_ristiriitaisen_lausunnon_talvivaara-rahan_riittavyydesta__jos_on_virhe_korjaamme/8734419

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 2, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Have you ever actually talked to anyone outside of internet? Let alone to a real sami or roma?

Yes.

How do you assume this changes the fact rexrooms are racist/prejudiced sub-humans, while most of the world doesn't give a crap about old sketches with saamelaiset ja mannet? They do absolutely no harm. The only "grief" they cause is offending the delicate feelings of rexrooms, and to be frank, the more offended, the better. Perhaps they will grow a thicker skin or lock themselves into trigger free "safe space" away from humanity, both agreeable options.

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Do you ever read your posts? Even when typing them?

I type with my back turned on the monitor to avoid Jerry's horrid visage.

You sound like you disagree with my point. Please explain how and why?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

This was a pretty inspiring article too, a CEO who actually gives a poo poo about his workers and clients and is looking for something else then a year's stint and millions in quitting money:

also good:

Since it's going to be an common topic with Cock Right VS So right it looped right back around civil war, I personally think that treating all business as same is naive as poo poo. The larger you are the bigger your opportunities are, the bigger your power and responsibilities are and different standards and restrictions should be applied to you. I don't think the guy running the bar downstairs is tax-planning through Cayman Islands for example nor would have access to that. His taxes should be low as poo poo because of that.

The difference between him and companies with bigger revenues then most countries should be treated as entirely different kind of entity. Once you handle that kind of money you should be scrutinized at least as hard as we scrutinize our government - which isn't all that great but miles better then the scrutiny faced by multinational corporations. Right now starting a business is for some loving reason put on the same scale as running a business worth billions. Why the gently caress does the latter get my tax money in subsidies again? Can someone explain that to me? Why do they get more of it then some dude opening a store?
http://www.hs.fi/paakirjoitukset/a1341292435039

Like if we had just poured fifty million euros down whatever hole they have in Talvivaara and set it on fire we would have saved some money. What the gently caress kind of talkoot make that permissible but some teachers and factory workers have to chip in even more?

EDIT: Wow I was way lowballing how much we've spent on Talvivaara
http://yle.fi/uutiset/stubb_antoi_eduskunnalle_ristiriitaisen_lausunnon_talvivaara-rahan_riittavyydesta__jos_on_virhe_korjaamme/8734419
The problem with Talvivaara is the common mentality that if something worked once, it will always work. Same reason why people on this thread were like "omg invest in the shipyards" and people in the Uk thread want to nationalize Tata Steel to save jobs now that it's being shut down in the UK.

Also lol if you don't think normal (or, upper middle) people don't have access to some pretty useful tax instruments. Not that it's really that relevant though because all of these problems come from treating different things differently, which leads to people who bave the resources to exploit this to try to reclassify them as being something they aren't.

+ Ligur is completely correct, even if those numbers are misleading.. We've run deficits for 8 years now and still spend tons of money on social security, if you want to look at a policy that's failed to generate growth it's not cutting nearly as much as we should

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geriatric Pirate posted:

bootstraps bootstraps government spending kill the poors kill the poors rhodesia rhodesia

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

The only "grief" they cause is offending the delicate feelings of rexrooms, and to be frank, the more offended, the better.

Fish of hemp posted:

I think that because no one is hugged enough in this country, we can only call attention to ourselves by being huge and horrible dicks.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

You still dodn't explain what harm töh sketsit aiheuttaa and by what mechanism.

It's prolly koska et pysty.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Let me tell you about the dangers of humor and satire!! Boy, you'll burn in the hellfires for eternity if you ever make fun of the sand peoples!

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

You still dodn't explain what harm töh sketsit aiheuttaa and by what mechanism.

It's prolly koska et pysty.

You should propably ask that from your roma and sami pals. They can explain it way better than I.

And you really think that you behaving like that makes you seem less of a horrible dick?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Darkest Auer posted:

Let me tell you about the dangers of humor and satire!! Boy, you'll burn in the hellfires for eternity if you ever make fun of the sand peoples!

Why are ethnic stereotype jokes funny to you? Real question.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fish of hemp posted:

Vastaa ensin Ligurin kysymykseen.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hogge Wild posted:

Vastaa ensin Ligurin kysymykseen.

Well I just did. And besides, are you an something afwul poster Darkest Auer?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
hankippas itelles huumorintaju niin ymmärrät

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Well I just did. And besides, are you an something afwul poster Darkest Auer?

No you did not. You said I should ask someone else.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

No you did not. You said I should ask someone else.

Well it was an answer, not just the answer you wanted. There is a difference.

PPP mentioned in an interview made in Apu-lehti sometimes in the early 2000's that the reason they stopped making those manne-sketches was because the roma parents said that they caused severe bullying to their kids in school. This is what I mean when I suggested that you should ask these questions from the people that are made fun of.

If you can't do that, I suggest that you go to your local library and loan books under keywords rasismi and rodullistaminen.

Triple A posted:

hankippas itelles huumorintaju niin ymmärrät

Well I do have a sense of humor. That's why I have the ability to tell why something is funny. And sterotype sketches are funny because they are secretly true. We are laughing at them because they confirm our pre-existing beliefs. "Hahaha, of course, only a manne would do something like that!"

If this is not the case, I would gladly hear why they are funny.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Well it was an answer, not just the answer you wanted. There is a difference.

PPP mentioned in an interview made in Apu-lehti sometimes in the early 2000's that the reason they stopped making those manne-sketches was because the roma parents said that they caused severe bullying to their kids in school. This is what I mean when I suggested that you should ask these questions from the people that are made fun of.

If you can't do that, I suggest that you go to your local library and loan books under keywords rasismi and rodullistaminen.

Asking someone else is not an answer, so there is a difference. Do you really think because of the sketsit and since Apu-lehti something-something sometimes in the early 2000s, children are harassed in schools unless you hide sketis about aziz combat fighta or what? Do you think not displaying old jokes from the 80s or whatever will save children from harm? What?

quote:

Well I do have a sense of humor. That's why I have the ability to tell why something is funny. And sterotype sketches are funny because they are secretly true. We are laughing at them because they confirm our pre-existing beliefs. "Hahaha, of course, only a manne would do something like that!"

If this is not the case, I would gladly hear why they are funny.

Why are jokes about "slussenin sissit" Finns "funny" for example? You can make such jokes and nobody will be up in arms. Not sure if they are funny, but it's a hyperbole of a stereotype, yet nobody in real life thinks every Finn carries a knife and is about so stab you. You can still joke about the drunk knife guerillas. It's harmless.

(Unless someone gets offended, and usually someone who doesn't even belong to the group but wants to morally signal, and therefore getting offended is better the worse you are offended but nobody should give a poo poo.)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
vapaustaistelia aziksen tyylistä tavaraa tulee liveleakista joka päivä muutenkin jossa aloha snackbaria huudetaan ja assadin/daeshin/saudien sälää räjäytetään

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

Asking someone else is not an answer, so there is a difference. Do you really think because of the sketsit and since Apu-lehti something-something sometimes in the early 2000s, children are harassed in schools unless you hide sketis about aziz combat fighta or what? Do you think not displaying old jokes from the 80s or whatever will save children from harm? What?

This whole thing started when you said that nunnukanunnuka and manne sketches were okay. I answered why they aren't ok.

Ligur, it's not nice when you talk about 15 different things at once and then act pissy when people talk past you.

Ligur posted:

Why are jokes about "slussenin sissit" Finns "funny" for example?

Tell me. Why are they funny?

Ligur posted:

You can make such jokes and nobody will be up in arms. Not sure if they are funny, but it's a hyperbole of a stereotype, yet nobody in real life thinks every Finn carries a knife and is about so stab you.

Well they do in Sweden. Everybody who has moved there has told that at least once somebody has asked that "Where's your puukko? You people always carry that". If you meant that in Finland nobody thinks that then I don't know what you are trying to say.

But now something completely different! Namely, Finnish politics!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/maailman_suurin_tietovuoto__veroparatiisien_saloja_avataan_sunnuntai-illasta_lahtien/8784847

At the moment we know that at least Nordea has made lot of companies for it's clients. http://yle.fi/uutiset/vuodetut_asiakirjat_nordea_perustanut_asiakkailleen_satoja_veroparatiisiyhtioita__johtajina_bulvaaneja/8784863

Hopefully heads will roll.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Fish of hemp posted:

Hopefully heads will roll.

olet aivan liian optimistinen, korkeintaan joku esimies saa potkut ja ehkä sakot

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

This whole thing started when you said that nunnukanunnuka and manne sketches were okay. I answered why they aren't ok.

I said they don't really harm anyone. You never told me why they harm anyone, which was what I am asking you. How does nunnukanunnuka cause grief in any way we can quantify apart from some Apu-artikkeli from the 2000s and people being offended?

quote:

Ligur, it's not nice when you talk about 15 different things at once and then act pissy when people talk past you.

Uhhh.

quote:

Tell me. Why are they funny?

Jokes are funny. Some jokes are funny to some people, not to some other people. I am not exploding in mirth when I see jokes about sami just because they are about sami. I smile if they are funny in some way. Just learn humour or something. A joke about sami is not automagically fun because it's about sami, for example, if it has some funny in it then.... gaahhh. How can you even explain to humour to someone who (pretends) not to uderstand it?

quote:

Well they do in Sweden. Everybody who has moved there has told that at least once somebody has asked that "Where's your puukko? You people always carry that". If you meant that in Finland nobody thinks that then I don't know what you are trying to say.

Who gives a poo poo. A whole bunch of my relatives have lived in Sweden. And Norway. Yes, apparently someone joked "where is ur puukko knife lol" but they didn't give give a drat? Why should they?

By what mechanism did their life devolve into horrible racist hell-pit because someone said "lol u have puukko"? It didn't affect anything at all otherwise.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
they might have gotten their feels hurt so technically you're wrong

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Fish of hemp posted:

Because they take a stereotype and exaggerate it to a comic degree. And, importantly, because it's humor, not news. I wouldn't laugh if I saw a pohjanmaalainen waving a knife around on the evening news, but if it's satire then it's funny because it isn't real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jerry Cotton posted:

:siren:DET ÄR SOTA NU:siren:

please dont doxx me