Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Action Tortoise posted:

doesn't battlefield have a suppression system when you're using machine guns? or was that red orchestra 2?

the only time i'd say that bots helped me with my aiming was when i was easing into sniper in tf2 and just had a whole map of them run down a set path while i practiced shooting from awkward angles.

I know RO2 does. Pretty snazzy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Fallout 4 fist weapons and combat. It either has to be a series of bugs or some design decision to make them way worse than melee weapons in pretty every way, and both outcomes are pretty astounding.

I love unarmed/punching builds in games, and if that's ever a viable option that is always what I am going to do. I have always done fist weapon stuff in every Fallout game I've played, so it being really bad really ruins the game for me. New Vegas cut down and consolidated a few skills (like big guns, throwing weapons) and since all the perks that applied to fists applied to melee (and vice versa) and getting them all meant leveling up both unarmed and melee really high I just always wondered why they didn't combine them into one single skill, and that is what I was hoping Fallout 4 would do. Instead punching is actually way worse, and let me count the ways:
  • There are four types of fist weapons in the game, and when I played (quit before finishing the game and didn't try the DLC) I think there was like 19 god drat melee weapons. More over unless you specifically know where to look for a better fist weapon you can end up using the regular knuckles for over 15 hours, which is LOOOONG after they've become outpaced. Every other sort of weapon has a much smoother transition of power.
  • None of the perks or equipment that adds extra melee damage (like the berserk companion perk or the grognak costume) apply to fist weapons, and afaik there is no equivalent for them, so you miss out on HUGE damage bonuses just because you're swinging around a claw instead of a pipe or a sword.
  • You cannot use fist weapons in power armor and the upgrades you make to power armor gauntlets that improve your punches are really bad and preclude you from getting an actually useful upgrade to your gauntlets.
  • Stealth is pretty much required for any close combat build, but the ninja perk only increases sneak attack damage for punch attacks by like 4.5x instead of 10x like melee weapons.
There's just no reason for it to be so much worse and there's no way bethesda doesn't know that unarmed is so gimped, but I haven't read any patch notes or anything that suggest they have tried to fix it.

Unrelated to punching but still related to Fallout 4 there are a lot of story elements that are totally hosed. For a person that lived prewar you take to the whole warrior/scavenger in a nuclear wasteland in legendary loving stride and with very little adjustment. Also hitting on and romancing your companions is super hosed because from your perspective your spouse was just murdered in front of your eyes a few days or weeks ago. I mean no bethesda game after Morrowind had a story worth a god drat but there's a lot about Fallout 4's story that is really stupid.

I can't get past the fact that melee outside of VATS eats your AP. What the loving poo poo, Bethesda, this isn't goddamn turn based combat, if I'm out of ammo and my AP is drained by VATS what am I supposed to do, run and hide?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Fallout 4 fist weapons and combat. It either has to be a series of bugs or some design decision to make them way worse than melee weapons in pretty every way, and both outcomes are pretty astounding.

It's design decision. The same thing happened in Skyrim, where they condensed the entire Hand-to-Hand skill and all that entailed into a single perk in Heavy Armor, of all things.

I think what's been happening with Bethesda games is that they're refining their gameplay experience based on an 'intended' way to play. For almost literally any other developer that would be fine (provided their 'intended' way was in line with the playerbase), in fact that's generally expected, but Bethesda's entire thing has been built on letting everyone play their own character in their own way. When your entire game's built like that, you can't just go 'gently caress it' and marginalize like that, that'll only disappoint the people who want to be playing the wandering unarmed monk, or the tricky indirect mage, or the back-like techie. I'm not gonna say it started in Skyrim, either; I'd put the first mistake there as ditching the Unarmored skill in the Morrowind>Oblivion transition.

EDIT: I will grant, Unarmored didn't actually WORK in Morrowind, which is probably why they ditched it. But as an option, it's fantastic and should've been fixed instead of removed.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Unrelated to punching but still related to Fallout 4 there are a lot of story elements that are totally hosed. For a person that lived prewar you take to the whole warrior/scavenger in a nuclear wasteland in legendary loving stride and with very little adjustment. Also hitting on and romancing your companions is super hosed because from your perspective your spouse was just murdered in front of your eyes a few days or weeks ago. I mean no bethesda game after Morrowind had a story worth a god drat but there's a lot about Fallout 4's story that is really stupid.

Bethesda's writing has always been a weakness of theirs, and everyone knows that (except them, apparently), but Fallout 4 was the first time it was actively obstructionist. I've talked a lot of poo poo about it in this thread previously, and I'd happily do so again, but suffice to say Fallout 4's story is not only the worst one by leaps and bounds, both in general and for what a Bethesda game asks for--and is actually kind of insulting at times--it's also the most prevalent. You wanted to make your own story? Nope, gently caress you, you're in lovely Taken and we'll actively gently caress up any potential alternative to that that might make itself present.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Apr 3, 2016

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Len posted:

Yeah. It's just that I've been doing the hunt-a-thon Tetsucabra and have brought down five breaking his tusks each time and I still don't have enough for the armor parts I need.

Just so you know, there's only the one item chance if you break it once during the hunt, it doesn't care about breaking the same part on different monsters. So you can stop breaking tusks after the first Tetsucabra.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Cleretic posted:

It's design decision. The same thing happened in Skyrim, where they condensed the entire Hand-to-Hand skill and all that entailed into a single perk in Heavy Armor, of all things.

It probably would've been better if they did something like that instead so I wouldn't have had to put so much time into the game before realizing that punching was the dry hump of combat. There are still enough features to it that it isn't until you're far into the race that you begin to realize you've backed the wrong horse.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

It probably would've been better if they did something like that instead so I wouldn't have had to put so much time into the game before realizing that punching was the dry hump of combat. There are still enough features to it that it isn't until you're far into the race that you begin to realize you've backed the wrong horse.

Oh, I should say that single perk isn't even good, all it does is add the defenses of your gloves to your attack power. You get no special techniques, no actual buffs unless you're wearing beefy gauntlets, hand-to-hand is blatantly just the most useless form of combat in the entire game bar none.

But, yeah, at least it's present enough to make it pretty clear that you shouldn't bother with it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Cleretic posted:

Oh, I should say that single perk isn't even good, all it does is add the defenses of your gloves to your attack power. You get no special techniques, no actual buffs unless you're wearing beefy gauntlets, hand-to-hand is blatantly just the most useless form of combat in the entire game bar none.

But, yeah, at least it's present enough to make it pretty clear that you shouldn't bother with it.

Didn't they also make a bunch of special takedown animations if you kill people with hand to hand? Like... why even bother when you've nerfed the system so hardly nobody will ever see them?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Cleretic posted:

that'll only disappoint the people who want to be playing the wandering unarmed monk

This was me. My last run through Oblivion (and the only one that's remotely memorable to me, 5 years later) was playing a guy who solved all of his problems by punching them, with a few spells like Drain Fatigue or other Destruction spells. Hell, I barely used the other spells once I got Unarmed to 50 and gained the ability to punch ghosts. It was a lot of fun, even though Unarmed was still hobbled by an inability to use weapon enchantments or poisons. I was disappointed when Unarmed was removed from Skyrim, because I wanted to be the descendant of Punchmaster, Champion of Cyrodiil.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Bethesda is the most baffling company. Bioware have just fallen down the hole of listening to idiot creeps on forums/having said creeps/morons now make their games, Square can't let go of dudes that haven't had good ideas for about a decade that love crystals/stupid stories/belts and I don't even know who the gently caress makes RPGs anymore worth playing but Bethesda almost seem to make good games only by accident.

It really says something profoundly sad about your games when the best thing about them is what other people make out of them. It's like, the less it is like they intend it to be, the better it is.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Kruller posted:

Worm tiles aren't the only tile that can give artifacts. ANY diggable tile can. The only thing worm tiles do is GUARANTEE you will get something.

Is this for sure? I know it's true in the mines.

I've dug a ton of random dirt around town trying to see if I ever get anything, but so far, only clay.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

and I don't even know who the gently caress makes RPGs anymore worth playing but Bethesda almost seem to make good games only by accident.

It really says something profoundly sad about your games when the best thing about them is what other people make out of them. It's like, the less it is like they intend it to be, the better it is.

There's a strength in giving people a way to make their own story, though. Like, it's actually kind of hard to make a game that does that while still being a good and compelling game, and older Bethesda games were good at that; they've just slowly been loving that up because they want to have a more conventional experience, not realizing the fact that their offering ISN'T a conventional experience is a huge part of the appeal. It's the same mistake Rockstar made, only unlike Rockstar and GTA there aren't a lot of competitors for what Bethesda does.

As for good RPGs? Nintendo's offerings are still solid (Pokemon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem if you count it), as are Atlus' (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Etrian Odyssee), and indeed anything Square makes that ISN'T Final Fantasy (Bravely Default/Second, I'm sure Dragon Quest). In western RPGs you've got CD Project (The Witcher) and Obsidian (needs no introduction), plus probably others I can't think of right now. Honestly, in RPGs it's only the most prominent that are floundering in knowing what they're doing, everyone else seems to have their head on straight.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Lavender posted:

Is this for sure? I know it's true in the mines.

I've dug a ton of random dirt around town trying to see if I ever get anything, but so far, only clay.

This has been my experience as well. You can dig on any soft dirt in the mines and occasionally get artifacts but digging around in the overworld has never gotten me anything other than clay

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

swamp waste posted:

Isn't that why they do suppressing fire IRL? I think single player cover shooters have distorted our idea of what a gun battle is like because the AI is designed to let you win if you do what the designers expected of you. When it's real people looking for any advantage they can get over each other, you start to see a weird kind of realism emerge, contoured to the insane quirks of however the game models things.

Eh, I find it hard to say "its done in real life" when I'm currently watching guys whose best tactic to clear a room is just literally run in, jump, somehow manage to prone at the apex of his jump then promptly stand right back up while firing his gun with no problem. Its a game at its heart, and the game part thats a problem is the self regenerating ammo boxes that litter the battlefield that let people shoot wherever whenever in the off chance an enemy would be standing there to get a free kill and gets no penalty for doing such a thing cause ammo counts may as well not exist

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Battlefield 3 was the worst for this. So many servers were 64 player metro where people would just blindly fire HE shotgun rounds and make the one way to the objective impassable.

In 4 there is a map called locker and its just as awful, basically if your team doesn't hold C point just sit back and farm kills because you aren't going to win. Of course even if your team does have C they might somehow manage to let a single guy with a siaga get on point and one shot every single one of them cause the minimap and all the tools available to put the bad man on your map isn't as important as what is within the 100 pixels of the center of their screen. When I get in this map I can get a good kdr going just sitting in a far corner and constantly sending about 20 rounds down the enemy's general direction. I don't know if any enemies are there, I'm not even aiming, just set it at chest height and hold mouse 1 for a few seconds then hit R, repeat, get kills.

Sure, there are options to flank around.... but then you're trading rushing down a large hallway for rushing into a single doorway then down some stairs and you bet your sweet rear end the other people will just randomly fire grenade launchers in your general direction or just spray and pray

E: Of course, YOUR team will be a-ok with letting the enemy go around and completely ignore the outside for slamming their dicks against a point where they literally cannot look into the room without immediately dying, ignoring the voice clip alerting you to the point being lost and ignoring chat about it (or instead just insult you for daring to call out objectives in an objective game) then are surprised when the 4 guys that captured points behind them waltz over and annihilates them and oh fun you're being spawn camped

Leal has a new favorite as of 08:12 on Apr 3, 2016

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

yeah, basically this. extra credits coined a term regarding players going for the most optimal strategy that required the least amount of effort to perform. it's why noob tubing was a thing (dunno if that's still a thing that just happens) in mw2 and shotgun-rolling became the go to for the gears of war matches i've played. counter strike matches have those tense, abrupt skirmishes because the weapon recoil and spray patterns make it hard to spray your gun at mid range and expect a kill.

doesn't battlefield have a suppression system when you're using machine guns? or was that red orchestra 2?

the only time i'd say that bots helped me with my aiming was when i was easing into sniper in tf2 and just had a whole map of them run down a set path while i practiced shooting from awkward angles.
3, 4 and Hardline have some kind of suppression system but like, it barely ever loving procs with regular gun fire so what's the point?
Squad on the other hand is brutal with it's.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Battlefield 3 had suppression, and the class with the heavy machine guns also had the ammo bags, so you got to make people's screens blur up all day, it was great.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Tower of Guns is a fantastic game that fills the 'just fire it up and have a blast for half an hour' niche, and the (un?)intended consequences of its zany weapons and powerups interacting with one another (example; attaching a mod that makes every projectile you fire lay down a sphere that causes damage over time every time it hits something to a gun that fires a cloud of bouncing spikeballs, then firing it in a corridor and dying in 2 seconds because the damage spheres stack without limit and occur on every bounce) lead to a bunch of hilarious deaths.

What isn't fun is when you kill the secret final boss, the screen starts shaking and fading to white as it goes into its death animation... And a loosed projectile or one of the flying critters the boss spawns in hits you and takes out your last bit of health.And to add insult to injury the camera starts to follow the path that you usually automatically go down for the ending sequence before you get to the game over screen.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Croccers posted:

3, 4 and Hardline have some kind of suppression system but like, it barely ever loving procs with regular gun fire so what's the point?
Squad on the other hand is brutal with it's.

LMGs cause suppression guaranteed. Most other things don't do it at all. It's meant to be a unique feature of LMGs that encourages them to be used for suppressing fire so that they have a distinct role, which is a good idea considering LMGs are consistently weaker options in those kinds of games compared to the weapons that let you twitch shoot faster.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I'm trying to get back into Bloodborne because there's still like a week to go until Dark Souls 3 comes out and I start loving it because the stage design is great, the sound direction is amazing and for the most part the combat flows really well. Then I hit the first boss and at once the things I hated about the game my first go around come flooding back. The gun parry is no fun. On most enemies it's either unnecessary or their attack animations are easy enough to read that it's not a problem. On bosses like the various beasts though? The designs are just so cluttered and annoying it can be almost impossible to tell if they're just doing a random animation or if it's the brief like, three frame chance to shoot them. Good luck figuring out when to do that without a guide! Then there's the blood vials. You see, the estus flasks in Dark Souls are a really, really good idea because you never have to farm for health items. Farming is obnoxious, especially in a game where you're already smashing your face against the difficulty to try and progress.

Not in bloodborne! Lose against a boss and use your blood vials in the process? Have fun farming them again. Same goes for your silver bullets, because it wasn't enough to have an awkward to use parry but now its uses are limited, unless you want to drain your health for more uses of it. Just to top off the petty baby complaints of being bad at bloodborne, the bloodvials don't even restore you to full health. So it kind of sucks to have so little health recovery on what I assume is your only real health refilling item in the game. Also trick weapons are pretty cool, but so far they just seem mostly pointless to me. There's usually like one good mode and then one mode I never use because the alternate mode is super slow or weird to the point where any attempt to attack with it is immediately interrupted and I just switch to a weapon that I can actually hit things with. I dunno, it's not a bad game but I really don't get where people are coming from when they say it's the best souls game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
With the trick weapons it's usually a tossup between one conventional mode and one situational mode. For the starting weapons you trade off attack speed (and therefore DPS) for better reach and typically a wider attack arc. Usually you would switch to the extended version if you need a specific move (the Hunter Axe's charged R2 when transformed is an amazing spin attack, for example). There's nothing wrong with using one mode or the other for 90% of the time, that's how they're meant to be used.

Large bosses, almost without exception, cannot be gun parried. Just dodge and punish. They can be stunned and put into a visceral attack position if you meet certain criteria, usually by repeatedly attacking its face or a weak limb. Bosses that are closer to your size can be parried.

Farming for Blood Vials sucks, everyone hates it. But remember that after taking damage, you can regain the yellow part of the health bar by attacking enemies right away. Blood Vials heal a fixed 40% of your maximum health.

e: You really don't have to parry anything if you don't want to. I'm really bad at parrying so I don't generally go for it because I just get frustrated when I mess up and then that makes me mess up more. It makes some situations harder than they need to be, but if something doesn't work for you, don't do it.

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Apr 3, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

At the end of the game there's one hidden item that lets you spend like eight bullets to heal yourself and any friends but the cost is so stupidly high I've never tested it to see how much healing it actually does.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Blood vials are also fairly cheap through the bath messengers.

As for parrying, yeah there's very little reason to try and parry bosses in Bloodborne. I made it through the whole game and the DLC only ever even trying to parry Lady Maria. For me, that's a good thing since I've always found the Souls games' parry mechanics a bit too finicky and unsatisfying.

What is currently dragging Dark Souls 2 down for me is how often my weapon will just clip through an enemy or boss without registering a hit. Also parrying.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Parrying is bad in every souls game

ALSO HEY GUESS WHAT, the motherfucking capra demon runs up the stairs! So many years I kept hearing "jus run up the stairs bro", but he just runs up there or does that loving lunging attack. I still killed him, but man it is still the least fun boss fight in any dark souls game, even counting the smelter demon

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People tell you to run up the stairs because it means the dogs can only come at you single file so they're easy to kill, not because it breaks the boss' AI or whatever you were expecting.

Krinkle posted:

At the end of the game there's one hidden item that lets you spend like eight bullets to heal yourself and any friends but the cost is so stupidly high I've never tested it to see how much healing it actually does.

A lot of the arcane items are nearly useless due to the cost (and if you want to use them a lot you'd better make sure you buy 500 bullets, although that's trivial when you're in the chalice dungeons) but the choir bell is pretty awesome on an NPC summon who spams it to heal you because he has infinite bullets :haw:

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Apr 3, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

ALSO HEY GUESS WHAT, the motherfucking capra demon runs up the stairs! So many years I kept hearing "jus run up the stairs bro", but he just runs up there or does that loving lunging attack. I still killed him, but man it is still the least fun boss fight in any dark souls game, even counting the smelter demon

The first time I tried it the capra demon just ran towards the ledge I was standing on and hit me with his sword then the dogs ran up and ate me. I never ran up the ledge again.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
stay real close to the fog door and bait his lunging attack. keep real close to him and near the door and move against the direction he's about to strike.

or just run up the stairs and kill the dogs before he follows you up.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh, I could have just thrown a bunch of dung pies over the fog gate

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

BillmasterCozb posted:

Oh, I could have just thrown a bunch of dung pies over the fog gate

When people say run up the stairs, they're talking about the dogs. The problem with that fight is the dogs. The dogs read your button presses and unless you're swinging a zweihander sweeping it all over the goddamn place they will just jump out of the way and lunge from the side giving you the old clever-girl. When you run up the stairs you can kill the dogs, who can't jump out of the way anymore, and now you have a straight up fight with that guy. Also keep running up the stairs. It owns. He follows you, you drop off, he drops off, he takes way longer than you to recover so run up those stairs and plunge attack him. The stairs are the only thing making that a possible fight at that point in the game in that goddamn hallway.

Once I found out about the poop though I do that exclusively, because it owns. Extremely satisfying to watch a toxic bar fill up across a fog gate, and see the gate just say "oh, nevermind" and poof out of existence.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You have truly lost your pride when you must resort to poop exploits to win.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It makes me sad that there aren't any Monster Rancher style games using mp3s or some other digital files.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Len posted:

It makes me sad that there aren't any Monster Rancher style games using mp3s or some other digital files.

I've been wanting one forever. There's a strategy game on iOS by square that generates dudes with your songs but it's kind of awful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nuebot posted:

I've been wanting one forever. There's a strategy game on iOS by square that generates dudes with your songs but it's kind of awful.

I have nearly the whole series in a box somewhere in storage but I can't bring myself to be assed to hunt for it. It's a shame they just let the series stop. I think there's a f2p app but it was awful last time I tried it and didn't have any monster making.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Len posted:

I have nearly the whole series in a box somewhere in storage but I can't bring myself to be assed to hunt for it. It's a shame they just let the series stop. I think there's a f2p app but it was awful last time I tried it and didn't have any monster making.

I have most of the games, it's a shame they don't emulate so well though because my PS2 is on its last legs. The DS games were cool though. You wrote or drew to summon monsters. The mobile game has been taken down, probably because it sucked and no one liked it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Parrying is bad in every souls game

Cap-man runs up the stairs but he never goes to the overhang that you can stand on , he just does a jump attack from the stairs. You block that, he lands back on the ground level, you let your stamina regen and you plunging attack him. run back up the stairs, back to the overhang/archway, and stick to the back corner until he jumps again. it's stupid easy once the dogs are dead, like a complete joke, if you take HP damage off the lunge attack he does from the stairs then you're doing something wrong

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Kit Walker posted:

But the fact that I'm a money machine at this point and spending all my time on the boring, tedious labor of artifact hunting instead of anything fun like redecorating my farm and house is definitely dragging it down.

I suppose the major question is: Why are you doing this if its no fun?

Then again, that would probably apply to half the stuff in this thread.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
dark souls can be very boring when you keep going through the same area, ignoring all the enemies, just to die thanks to the awful physics that this game has

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

dark souls can be very boring when you keep going through the same area, ignoring all the enemies, just to die thanks to the awful physics that this game has

Blight Town or Crystal Cave?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

Blight Town or Crystal Cave?

Catacombs. Blighttown was easy, except for the toxic assholes, but at least they do not respawn.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Catacombs. Blighttown was easy, except for the toxic assholes, but at least they do not respawn.

My favorite thing about the Catacombs is that you only get one skull lamp. So, say, one guy drops it then you get gangbanged by skeletons and die? Well good bye lamp.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

My favorite thing about the Catacombs is that you only get one skull lamp. So, say, one guy drops it then you get gangbanged by skeletons and die? Well good bye lamp.

One skull lamp? I got about two or three from those necro-jerks..Huh, seems that there is a crow I can trade things to, too. Sweeeeeet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BillmasterCozb posted:

You run up the stairs so and then block his attack or dodge it. When he inevitably falls the gently caress off, plunge attack that poo poo.

Capra sucks but he's hardly worse than Bed of Chaos or Demon Firesage or Moonlight Butterfly