Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I mean we're basically destined to end up back in the South-east thus completing the Sov circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
10 minute rant by MBC member on why they fight. The rant starts after 30 seconds. I don't recall who DNSBlack is.

Zephyrine posted:

The Imperium has too many summer children anyway.

Winter is coming. Lets see who's left when the next summer arrives.

SMA retreats from homeland.

SMA joined the CFC because they put everything they had into holding their space, and so impressed the CFC they invited them in when the old NC fell. SMA leaving their home now? I'm saddened by that.

Who would be next - RAZOR? I haven't seen anyone mention them on either side much. I haven't seen any of their propaganda like they used to do.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 4, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean we're basically destined to end up back in the South-east thus completing the Sov circle.

GSF has already made one complete rotation around the map, time to do it again

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Dek's kinda in an awkward place? you prettmuch need to own fade/pb if you want to own dek, and probably even some of tribute. While the threat of people hotdropping stuff is reduced cause of the jump changes, you don't have the same "if we want x, we need to also hold y+z" in a place like fountain or delve+querious.

Delve absolutely requires you to hold Querious if you want to survive and resupply in any amount.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
come roam with me wednesday

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Delve absolutely requires you to hold Querious if you want to survive and resupply in any amount.

Yeah, but you don't have to hold fade, PB, and half of tribute like you do for dek

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Landsknecht posted:

Yeah, but you don't have to hold fade, PB, and half of tribute like you do for dek

have you actually attacked dek, don't need those human being regions

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
I can predict the outcome of this "War":

TEST will claim Vale, PL/NC. will get bored and leave to drop on another rookie alliance with supers. CO2 will implode trying to fight a war on two fronts and flee to lowsec to slowly die off in silence. /r/eve and the pubbie masses will declare victory- despite not setting a single foot in Deklein, apart from the troll VFK entosising. TEST, still fueled by overconfidence will believe they are clearly superior, will stay in vale alone, only to have their poo poo smashed to pieces when we're done with CO2. Meanwhile Deklein carries on like normal, citadels will hit and the region will become the true fortress of the cluster- The home of 1000 XL citadels.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The good news is goons won't land back in Syndicate again, we might be shiftless for a week or so but we'll likely just shove someone out of their space they're not living in, or squat on someone's couch again. Either way a shake up is good, we've lived in Deklein since TCF gave us a couch there, and all good things end eventually. Good luck to anyone who thinks they're going to monopolize dek though, it's a gently caress ton of work to hold all those regions.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
goons would be good if they shot everyone outside of dek then some

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

have you actually attacked dek, don't need those human being regions

Foehammer what alliance did you land in? Are you chilling with 2012 Syndicate Crew?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Foehammer what alliance did you land in? Are you chilling with 2012 Syndicate Crew?

i joined my homies in BAT but got called a goon fucker for wanting to play game the way I pay for it or something

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
irl I let the wax I sell pay for my eve but only certain weedlords care

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I've learned I can fly lots of fun ships like dictors/hictors/T3 cruiser/destroyers/etc as well as being able to fly armor and shield logi, should all get together and go dunk on some nerds when this poo poo is over.

I need to loving train BLOPS already so I can terrorize whole regions, I can fly a mean Stratios but it's no Panther for sure.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

I went fuckgoons cause it was a funny thing to do and to get some laffs (I can't even really remember why - a few months later I moved to a new country so that's what I remember from that year), but that was like 4 years ago; time flies.

You'd have to really have your head in the sand to think that GSF is actually "goony" anymore. I don't want to get into the "true goon" bullshit, but the reality is that GSF is now majority pubbies; not that these are bad pubbie, many of these corps like MRCHI and the TCF guys have a really long and great bro history with goons stretching back 10 years, but they still aren't SA-sourced "goons." When I look on evemaps, which is cold, hard numbers, the biggest corp is now the reddit one, not goonwaffe, which has slightly over 3k characters in a 17k character alliance. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt to GSF and say that another 3000 of the characters are goon alts in altcorps, it still means that GSF is 2/3rds pubbies.

While I'm not going to try to find info on the GSF/GS goon/pubbie historical ratio, from a somewhat outside perspective it looks to me like GSF isn't really a goon alliance anymore, but rather just a big eve alliance which has a decent-sized goon component at it's center. To compare with this, TEST, which is another external community alliance, has Dreddit consisting of over 40% of it's membership (and even more - closer to 80% - if I use the same altcorp math I used for GSF).

The conclusion that I'd probably draw from this is that GSF likely traded the idea of being a true goon alliance (sourcing the majority of alliance members from SA) for nullsec longevity and power in EVE. Just looking through the GSF corps on evemaps one gets the idea that over the past 5 years GSF has hoovered up corps from various failed/broken allies in order to maintain a certain bulk and strength.

A refresher. I found it by luck while digging through my archived threads.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290975&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=14

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 4, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

A refresher. I found it by luck while digging through my archived threads.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290975&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=14

Zephyrine is the best RAZOR refugee, she can find almost anything in Goon history.

E: also helps that she's literally read every EVE thread that's ever been posted on SA and probably knows our history better than anyone else.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Comstar posted:

10 minute rant by MBC member on why they fight. The rant starts after 30 seconds. I don't recall who DNSBlack is.

DNSBlack is a really loud, weird old guy who does lots of cloaky poo poo out of Curse. He's actually fairly chill and a good guy. His persona on stage is off-putting. He's much less cringeworthy irl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvo08_uYjHI

Go to 48:32. If you see him in space, do not under any circumstances point his Arazu.

Comstar posted:

Who would be next - RAZOR? I haven't seen anyone mention them on either side much. I haven't seen any of their propaganda like they used to do.

I've read that Repercussus isn't in Razor any more. They were the big propaganda artists.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I've learned I can fly lots of fun ships like dictors/hictors/T3 cruiser/destroyers/etc as well as being able to fly armor and shield logi, should all get together and go dunk on some nerds when this poo poo is over.

I need to loving train BLOPS already so I can terrorize whole regions, I can fly a mean Stratios but it's no Panther for sure.

Yeah, fly any spaceship and fly with a good bro, times are fun.

Also Zeph is the best. Don't get that poo poo wrong 4 real

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Foehammer007 posted:

Better than yours lolololol

idk which one of you is blue to clay hakarri

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
clay is like two days away from going back to KF, nbd

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

silentsnack posted:

"have fun with timers and killing all querns' towers"

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Zephyrine is the best RAZOR refugee, she can find almost anything in Goon history.

E: also helps that she's literally read every EVE thread that's ever been posted on SA and probably knows our history better than anyone else.

While it may be true that I was once in Razor. I went to the doctor and they gave me some penicillin and it cleared right up.

That will be :querns: the day I can afford it.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I hope he re apps some day just so we can laugh at him and tell him to gently caress off

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

That will be :querns: the day I can afford it.

it's :frog911: on the http://emotes.gbs.io emote pack

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

BLOPS are fun, but I sort of miss the days of being able to bounce around more than once every few hours. Then again, flying around in Command Destroyers is a great replacement.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 4, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I wonder what clay expected to find in waffles. Did he consider his corp application a victory? Because I'm pretty sure it's a meatgrinder where you can get accepted, but kicked if you aren't leet enough.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Potato Salad posted:

DNSBlack is a really loud, weird old guy who does lots of cloaky poo poo out of Curse. He's actually fairly chill and a good guy. His persona on stage is off-putting. He's much less cringeworthy irl.

Go to 48:32. If you see him in space, do not under any circumstances point his Arazu.

I've read that Repercussus isn't in Razor any more. They were the big propaganda artists.

Was that the alliance panel where Mittens got really drunk?

:cripes:

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

frozenpussy posted:

I wonder what clay expected to find in waffles. Did he consider his corp application a victory? Because I'm pretty sure it's a meatgrinder where you can get accepted, but kicked if you aren't leet enough.

I'm pretty sure he has a medical condition forcing him to change corps every time he blinks

Thankfully the most useful thing he ever did for the alliance was to inflict himself upon our enemies

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

BLOPS are fun, but I sort of miss the days of being able to bounce around more than once every few hours. Then again, flying around in Command Destroyers is a great replacement.

BLOPS were kind of ridiculous; if you had a sufficiently skilled group you could drop anyone in an entire region with a stack of bombers, recons, and t3s, then zip off before anyone could do anything about it

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
c00l

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

BLOPS were kind of ridiculous; if you had a sufficiently skilled group you could drop anyone in an entire region with a stack of bombers, recons, and t3s, then zip off before anyone could do anything about it

As GSF's Blackops guys proved time and time again before any invasion of sov, they could shut down entire regions for weeks. I saw a map of Delve pre the war that got HBC started and kicked TEST off our couch, and it was completely barren of ratting and roaming, due to Blackops' presence in NPC Delve.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

irl I let the wax I sell pay for my eve but only certain weedlords care

Hi

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

As GSF's Blackops guys proved time and time again before any invasion of sov, they could shut down entire regions for weeks. I saw a map of Delve pre the war that got HBC started and kicked TEST off our couch, and it was completely barren of ratting and roaming, due to Blackops' presence in NPC Delve.

Cobalt edge will live forever through bitter blackops member's eyes

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

:heysexy:, did I tell you about the straight oil pens I get now, shipped. hmu

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

it's not BLOPS the group, but rather the class of ships which were capable of bridging other stealth ships around

blopsing people is still a thing

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Comstar posted:

SMA retreats from homeland.

SMA joined the CFC because they put everything they had into holding their space, and so impressed the CFC they invited them in when the old NC fell. SMA leaving their home now? I'm saddened by that.

As a member of SMA.. WTF? I can take a screenshot of all the pings though, so I'm saying this is 100% bullshit.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

DNSBlack and Penifsmash are the best of friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax_Ed8fxP3o

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Failheap these days seems to be a, well, as advertised.

Where's the new place to get pre-patch EFT files? Anyone have EFT for the coming capital changes?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

crew posted:

Sure it does, all they wanna do is flip a station, a system a region and say: "Look guys we did it!" "Op success! We did the unthinkable and took sov from the cfc!"

They have no plan a month from now, 2 months or even 6 months from now. Their only plan is dank frags and gudfites. When you give them a big huge fight thats what they want. They cannot stop us from taking back whatever they flip.

Fozziesov is easy come easy go whereas in dominion, nothing would flip for the first couple months then all of a sudden everything flips because the defender gave up. Yall are thinking of this defense in dominion terms with a massive helping of ego.

I don't think the honeybadger side wants your sov, they want bragging rights that they kicked you out of your home turf and no amount of "lol well we just took it back" is going to matter. Arguably the whole war won't matter then, but I would wager you'll have a shitload of people quit/defect when the official order is to evac without contesting anything because that is gay and not fun for a line member.

If I was in charge I'd be going balls deep and using this opportunity to test every weird and hosed up doctrine under the sun against an enemy whose only strength is pure numbers. Worst case, you'll lose a bunch of poo poo and the sov as well, the HBC will masturbate for a while over how The Good Has Defeated the Goon, but you'll have a fun rear end time doing it and it keeps with the CFC philosophy of "eve is bad, play to have fun, gently caress everyone else". You're just going to take the Sov back anyway.

But that's my opinion because I have brain problems and enjoy Eve, and a real war where both sides are actually contesting for something, even something as petty as bragging rights, is good for every single person in the game except the few losers who care so much about internet spaceships that the thought of losing on someone else's terms is worth wasting all the goofs and gaffs along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

abigserve posted:

I don't think the honeybadger side wants your sov, they want bragging rights that they kicked you out of your home turf

Right and why do you think PL and NC cut loose all their sov when fizzlesov hit? Because they knew we could and would do the same to them. We're gonna do it to whatever poor bastard tries to occupy our space.

Fozziesov, just like dominion comes down to: who's got more dudes. It turns out if all of lowsec, 0.0, wormhole, highsec and even NPSI blue up they got more dudes. There'll be tons of shootmans and fun to be had rather than chasing boring rear end timers and triage entosis archons.

Its a good thing buddy. And carebears who dont wanna pvp and were just in it for safe space will leave, another good thing.

• Locked thread