Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Booyah- posted:

They are also ~premium~ colors that you need to level your character up to unlock, so they get some special things like pink hair Mika.

What level do you get 15? Level 50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Do you think Vega and F-A-N-G get together with their big dumb hats and talk about why women can't realize what nice guys they are.

Vega is too busy masturbating in the mirror for that.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The gief and r.mika costumes are outrageously good.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
There is nothing good about rashids premium costume.

I'm shocked they tried to sell some of them for money.

especially THE one

Mikas is cool though, it reminds me of witcher 3 sirens

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 6, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whats the command for Galactic Punt?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

What level do you get 15? Level 50?

Color 11 (10,000 FM) - Always available in shop
Color 12 (2,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 5
Color 13 (5,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 10
Color 14 (10,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 25
Color 15 (20,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 50

source http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/apr/01/how-unlock-and-pricing-info-colors-11-15-street-fighter-5/

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

You shouldn't talk about women like that...

oh wait, you said Punt.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SectumSempra posted:

One of the few survivals in fighting games i've seen that has no health recovery between rounds?

You get low-med-high-max health recovery with points.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

You get low-med-high-max health recovery with points.

Automatically restoring a bit of health.

Like between the rounds in kof or cvs 2 survival, or most survivals at no cost.
And those are inconsistent.

It could have been made a lot more fun just by having the bonuses like higher damage stack instead of having tiers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
where pregnant sakura

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

anime was right posted:

where pregnant sakura

in my fanfic

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's with 11-15 changing hair/skin colours

Ken is dark skinned in a few of his variants

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

How do you get those 3rd alts? Some of them are cool.

They're premium costumes that were supposed to be acquired only with Zenny, but since this is Capcom we're talking about and they can't even get that working there's no way to acquire the costumes at the moment.

Unless you're on PC and do a swap of course.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
God dammit, of course my 3S Alex color is gated behind hard survival

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

Thanks silver cammy for jumping into all of my fireballs then ragequitting
made me feel real good about myself

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Some(at least half) of the "premium" costumes seem lazy and lovely, I can't believe capcom thinks people would pay money for those. And they will truly be the dumbest people ever if they don't give the tempting offer of real money for all color unlocks. Also I think survival might actually be a fun gamemode if you had the option to retry your last round at the cost of a bunch of points, but nope, it's somehow both hellish and boring at the same time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hot tip from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rtYAXE5340

If you suck at timing this st.MP cr.MK SBK poo poo, just do 2369 + K and it will either give you SBK if your charge timing was correct or Legs if it wasn't. I think most Chun players stumbled upon this trying to get the BNB down, but just in case you haven't, there you go.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Why can't I buy the drat survival colors CAPCOM

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Man I wish Gief didn't suck rear end, I wonder how much better he would get if they just increased his movespeed about 20% or so. He has a lot of good moves, but you just have to work so hard to use them. And I think his V-trigger range should be buffed a lil.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

WuChou posted:

You can set options for both ground recovery and guard recovery actions in training mode. In Dummy Settings just use Record Wake Up Actions and Record Guard Recovery Actions and record your choice of 3f normal or invincible reversal or whatever you want to practice against, just make sure 'Reversal' appears in the recording. So for frame traps you can record someone's 3f jab or whatever normal, set the dummy to guard all, set that as their guard recovery action and do your string. They'll attempt to perform whatever you recorded the moment they exit blockstun. Same thing if you want to practice vs quick/back/no recovery mashing whatever, just set the dummy to recover how you want and record what you want them to do as a reversal and knock them down

Sarchasm posted:

There are options to have to the dummy do an action on wakeup or do an action on guard recovery. You should be using those options instead of just hoping you luck into reversal timing.

There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube to help you set up these options if you search for them. And it should go without saying, but make sure you pick a character with a 3f jab to be your training dummy.

Thanks. I didn't realize they added a lot of these options.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Saint Freak posted:

QCB+2kicks

(Close enough)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

There are options to have to the dummy do an action on wakeup or do an action on guard recovery. You should be using those options instead of just hoping you luck into reversal timing.

There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube to help you set up these options if you search for them. And it should go without saying, but make sure you pick a character with a 3f jab to be your training dummy.

If you have the training dummy do ex shooting peach that might be even better, since you if your meaty is medium or heavy it will beat the jab on frame 3 whereas ex peach will have armor on frame 3, right? Not sure if there is a better option for training that would require 1 frame timing

e: looks like you could use alex's ex slash too

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 7, 2016

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Man why are all the stream monsters hating on Mika all of a sudden? So much hate for a mid-tier character.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

FordCQC posted:

Man why are all the stream monsters hating on Mika all of a sudden? So much hate for a mid-tier character.

I guess because Marn plays her?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FordCQC posted:

She's a mixup-heavy character that can steal wins off a good read and a couple of bad guesses on the other guy's part, especially right now with people being iffy on the matchup and letting players get away with murder.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SectumSempra posted:

Automatically restoring a bit of health.

Like between the rounds in kof or cvs 2 survival, or most survivals at no cost.
And those are inconsistent.

It could have been made a lot more fun just by having the bonuses like higher damage stack instead of having tiers.

Honestly, they could easily fix Survival just by making two changes.

1) Let us quit out and resume later so we don't have to play 1-2 hours straight for colors 7-10 and the trophy/titles on Hell.
2) Let us buy extra lives. Full health is what, 25,000? Make continues 50 or 100K points. Something so you get a runback when you hit that high-level AI that you weren't expecting.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I'd be happy with just a checkpoint every 10 levels, so you don't have to redo the lower boring stuff again and again

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Also no needing to be loving online for everything.

I got to 20 and the game dced from capcom network so I just shut the poo poo off.

NarkyBark posted:

I'd be happy with just a checkpoint every 10 levels, so you don't have to redo the lower boring stuff again and again

ChibiSoma posted:

Honestly, they could easily fix Survival just by making two changes.

1) Let us quit out and resume later so we don't have to play 1-2 hours straight for colors 7-10 and the trophy/titles on Hell.
2) Let us buy extra lives. Full health is what, 25,000? Make continues 50 or 100K points. Something so you get a runback when you hit that high-level AI that you weren't expecting.

pretty much.

Why would it not be set up like trophies where you just get the imaginary game money when you go back online?

Not like you get anything for anything outside of completion.

Also I couldn't connect to any matches so over all, ggs capcom. A game thats unfun online and off.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 7, 2016

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Dias posted:

She's a mixup-heavy character that can steal wins off a good read and a couple of bad guesses on the other guy's part, especially right now with people being iffy on the matchup and letting players get away with murder.

OK so typical scrub whining then.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I just realized i can be playing revalator instead. I might just do that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

I just realized i can be playing revalator instead. I might just do that.

new characters are all sweet

F2B
Feb 13, 2003

How about that?

F2B
Feb 13, 2003

Every Ken bronze + is using that option select in your video. But good poo poo though. Subscribed

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
At this point I'm kind of confused. The store doesn't have real money transactions yet, but the zenny stuff works. Does that mean they never intended for us to get those survival colors via zenny? Will we even have the option to buy them with real money whenever that works?

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Lothire posted:

At this point I'm kind of confused. The store doesn't have real money transactions yet, but the zenny stuff works. Does that mean they never intended for us to get those survival colors via zenny? Will we even have the option to buy them with real money whenever that works?

Zenny is the real money currency and fight money is the earnable one. But yeah it's probably safe to assume that we'll be able to get the survival colors when zenny is implemented. I doubt Capcom would pass up an opportunity to make money off that poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lothire posted:

Zenny = real money. Fight money is the non-premium currency.

And yeah, no Survival colours in the store means they most likely didn't think to have them buyable for FM and wanted people to unlock them through play. They might have full colour packs planned for zenny at some point, but we won't know until the store would launch (there would be a fair amount of outrage but then again, it's Capcom, they might just be stupid enough).

Hopefully, they just smooth out the AI spikes in survival instead.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 7, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FordCQC posted:

Shes the el fuerte of SFV right now.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Microwaves Mom posted:

Shes the el fuerte of SFV right now.
Anyone who actually believes this doesn't remember what fighting against Fuerte was like. The only reason they'd say that is because they think that a standing 3-choice is somehow comparable to Fuerte having a 2 in 3 shot of keeping you in a loop of okizeme that you can't escape until you make the right read.

Also he had full screen gap closers and armour on wakeup and the ability to link far normals into said okizeme. But y'know

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Goodpart posted:

Anyone who actually believes this doesn't remember what fighting against Fuerte was like. The only reason they'd say that is because they think that a standing 3-choice is somehow comparable to Fuerte having a 2 in 3 shot of keeping you in a loop of okizeme that you can't escape until you make the right read.

Also he had full screen gap closers and armour on wakeup and the ability to link far normals into said okizeme. But y'know

I agree, she can be dealt with unlike el fuerte, but they asked why stream monsters have hate and thats why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Goodpart posted:

Well you see, R.Mika is a wresteler just like the character El Fuerte who is also a wrestler o they are a-like more than you realize .