Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, I kinda figured most of those 'missing' skills were just going to be baseline now. Not having them were mostly newbie-traps anyway, and all it did was make pubbies worse.

So Fugitive is looking to be...

Pistols/possibly SMGs? Probably like Leadership as the bottom tier, akimbo as the capstone. Probably one side focused on accuracy/power (Equilibrium Basic, Gunslinger Ace, Trigger Happy) and the other for SMGs/fast pistols (Reload speed/rate of fire). If they do incorporate SMGs into this, they could be crazy strong.

Tough Guy/Durability tree. Something for stability (either Thick Skin Basic or Tough Guy Basic) at the bottom, Swan Song at the top. One side's probably all about getting up (Nine Lives at the lower, a Pistol Messiah-like at the higher), and the other side would be Nerves of Steel and something new. A bit lackluster, but Swan Song is worth it for some people.

Melee tree. Not sure what order that stuff would fall in - I could see one side of the tree being damage-focused (Pumping Iron) and the other being knockdown-focused (Martial Arts/Counter-Strike). Berserker as the capstone, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this one: :siren: ECMs still suck :siren:

Feedback is now a native ability it looks like, as well as silent drilling seems completely removed so maybe ECM Overdrive will be able to open all electronic security measures rather than just "these specific ones", or just replace keycards all together. Maybe even open Titan safes!

Then again, probably not. Most likely not.

So, uh, yeah. I guess they do.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Zigmidge posted:

Hopefully it's three trees of akimbo skills :ocelot:

At least one pistol branch.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this one: :siren: ECMs still suck :siren:

Reading over it makes it look like ECM overdrive is a base ability of ECMs now, which is fine.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

BillmasterCozb posted:

Chameleon is still the worst, at least in its basic form

I've always liked Chamelon Basic as a one point leftover dump, there's a hidden interaction where Dominator's increased shout distance allows you to mark things from further away so I can stand outside and mark things from safety in the odd case of a stealth heist going down. I can bring bigger guns in case it goes loud and that 25% increased concealment even pays off for that.

Probably never going to buy it with the new tree though.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Grapplejack posted:

Reading over it makes it look like ECM overdrive is a base ability of ECMs now, which is fine.

Feedback, not Overdrive. Overdrive opens doors, Feedback stuns cops.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Grapplejack posted:

Let me let you in on a little secret: Feedback is really, really bad. It is so bad that not even I can stomach it as a gimmick for more than a round at a time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But it does give a slightly more useful ability to basic jammers than climbing up high skill trees. It doesn't fix the general problem of the ghost deployable being lame as hell, but its a touch less boring by potentially making basic worth something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
True story, feedback is hilariously bad and the only use for it is making dubstep jokes

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

silent drilling seems completely removed
It's in Hardware Expert basic.

I just noticed Cleaner basic is actually an OK skill. It's what lets you buy Spotter and Expert Driver.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 8, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console update: "we're still working on it. We look forward to updating you again in two weeks".

Also I am the scrub that uses ecm feedback AND Stockholm syndrome in my build. Both basic but still. SS mainly get to Kilmer but I do get a little bit of use out of it. Im just so used to my build by now.

Occasionally I switch it up but not very often.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
On ECM, I usually bring some to day 1 of Hoxton Breakout because there are ATMs along the way and deployables won't be used until the garage where I'll have 3 other teammates to provide. Are there other maps like this where it's worth switching out to catch a few doors/atms for dollerz where I'd rather have another gun than a saw?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Melee tree. Not sure what order that stuff would fall in - I could see one side of the tree being damage-focused (Pumping Iron) and the other being knockdown-focused (Martial Arts/Counter-Strike). Berserker as the capstone, I guess?

If they want the melee tree to not be hot garbage, the top skill should allow charging a melee weapon and sprinting. But it's the melee tree, so it'll probably be hot garbage.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If there are two people each taking six doc and ammo bags of which we'll maybe use one of each I'll run ECMs as a gimmick for chuckles. Open doors, rolling feedback, SWAT turrets hey whatever.

swims
May 5, 2014

I pretty much never open atms with them but off the top of my head these jobs have atms

Diamond shop
Election Day bank
Four stores
Big bank has the lockpick one. Can't remember if regular atm
Street escape
Mall
Big oil 1
Regular and firestarter banks
Hoxton 1

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zigmidge posted:

On ECM, I usually bring some to day 1 of Hoxton Breakout because there are ATMs along the way and deployables won't be used until the garage where I'll have 3 other teammates to provide.

Doing this on deathwish is a cool and good strategy used by all the goon pros.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

swims posted:

I pretty much never open atms with them but off the top of my head these jobs have atms

Diamond shop
Election Day bank
Four stores
Street escape
Mall
Big oil 1
Hoxton 1

Good list- the counting machine on Big Bank can be picked only.
also, crossroads transport has, I think 5, and FWB 6 or so iirc.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Feedback, not Overdrive. Overdrive opens doors, Feedback stuns cops.

Oh, whoops!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

Please don't encourage this type of foolishness... please?

e: the chance of the path to the ATMs being blocked, combined with what is essentially a very small payout & the fact that you're robbing yourself of a proper deployable makes this a very poor strategy. You'd be better off bringing a saw as you'd be able to open not only the ATMs if they spawn but also the doors in the carpark.

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 8, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Let me let you in on a little secret: Feedback is really, really bad. It is so bad that not even I can stomach it as a gimmick for more than a round at a time.

In fact, it is so bad that if anyone else has cop domming skills, they will not be able to force a cop to surrender because they've got their hands on their heads

swims
May 5, 2014

This used to be silly on 360 and I'm sure early PC that even civs would appear to be feedbacked.

I primarily use ecm for doors. I'll feedback the getaway on firestarter 1. I find feedback useful for some ugly deathwish jams when the cops are overloading. I usually feedback at the end of diamond museum.

E: also feedback rats 3 bag throwing and depending on how hosed up oil 2 ending gets.

I never ecm rush outside of election 1 and frames 1.

swims fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 8, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Thanks for the list swims.

UnknownMercenary posted:

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Please don't encourage this type of foolishness... please?

e: the chance of the path to the ATMs being blocked, combined with what is essentially a very small payout & the fact that you're robbing yourself of a proper deployable makes this a very poor strategy. You'd be better off bringing a saw as you'd be able to open not only the ATMs if they spawn but also the doors in the carpark.

Thanks, nerds! :thumbsup:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'd rather have Feedback than have unused ammo bags tbh.

swims posted:

Diamond shop
Election Day bank
Four stores
Street escape
Mall
Big oil 1
Hoxton 1

Goat day 1 has a few.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you've got unused ammo bags you didn't bring enough explosives

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only way to do full cooks now is to have so many explosive weapons that you run out of all ammo bags by meth batch #4.

swims
May 5, 2014

That console update is pretty funny actually. The guy gets really defensive towards the end about the community not believing they are making progress. It's update #10.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well this is what happens when a company has to work with an inferior system :smuggo:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

In fact, it is so bad that if anyone else has cop domming skills, they will not be able to force a cop to surrender because they've got their hands on their heads

Which means everyone since after the skill remake everyone will be able to dominate cops into surrendering :v: But with the abundance of Swat Vans, taking ECMs might be worth it... if not for the fact that you need the top skill to take two, which I don't think any other deployable needs. Also, the basic Feedback might be the aced, rechargable version, which makes it slightly less poo poo? Eh I dunno I just want them to be a cool gimmick.

Also yeah Dire need seems exploitable as gently caress.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

ECMing SWAT vans is hilarious, and I'll never get tired of it. I remember when the Vans came out, we ran 8 ECM groups as a gimmick for shorter heists and barely needed to fire.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Cross posted from the let's stream thread
Playing some PAYDAY 2 with the gang tonight, come say hi. http://twitch.tv/dogglesforhire

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

swims posted:

Also I am the scrub that uses ecm feedback AND Stockholm syndrome in my build. Both basic but still. SS mainly get to Kilmer but I do get a little bit of use out of it. Im just so used to my build by now.

You could take literally anything else in the tree for those four points and get more use out of it, though? :confused:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If the heist gives, say, from 1 to 2 millions of experience, what are the conditions to get 2 millions? All bags of loot?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

kalstrams posted:

If the heist gives, say, from 1 to 2 millions of experience, what are the conditions to get 2 millions? All bags of loot?

It depends on the heist. Different heists have different XP triggers. There are generally triggers for securing loot but not always and how they are triggered differs from heist to heist. For example, The Diamond gives you XP for every four bags that aren't The Diamond you secure. Firestarter day 3 and the standalone Harvest & Trustee bank heists have no bag-based triggers. Most heists give out XP per bag, though.

Generally you're better off securing more loot. Keep in mind that bags on your back will not count towards XP rewards and plan accordingly.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 9, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think the only thing that jumps out as me as something I don't like about this rework is that Camouflage is still a skill that exists, and even worse now you would have to take it if you wanted to do a silent killer build.

I don't quite understand the timing window for Unseen Strike. Is the 4/12 seconds the length of time that the crit bonus would remain active even after a player took damage?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Geight posted:

I don't quite understand the timing window for Unseen Strike. Is the 4/12 seconds the length of time that the crit bonus would remain active even after a player took damage?

Yes. Don't take damage for 2 seconds, then for X seconds afterward, regardless of what happens, you get a crit bonus. Presumably. The whole Silent Killer tree looks crazy-good to me. Grabbing all the dodge skills in one tree is really excellent, too. Dodge builds 4 lyfe.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I will begrudgingly state that at this moment, fart gun builds may be good.

Maybe.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They are already good. Fartgun JP36 is the only way to play.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

It depends on the heist. Different heists have different XP triggers. There are generally triggers for securing loot but not always and how they are triggered differs from heist to heist. For example, The Diamond gives you XP for every four bags that aren't The Diamond you secure. Firestarter day 3 and the standalone Harvest & Trustee bank heists have no bag-based triggers. Most heists give out XP per bag, though.

Generally you're better off securing more loot. Keep in mind that bags on your back will not count towards XP rewards and plan accordingly.
Huh, that's intriguing. Alright, I'll just go for the loot and hope that gives me the numbers. Never really bothered to get my infamies on, but now that I've read through skill tree FAQ and previews, I may as well skim 2nd through 4th infamies for the sake of 4 extra skill point cap off the infamy for the new skill system.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

They are already good. Fartgun JP36 is the only way to play.

only with Hitman, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hardcore Henry owns. Jimmy owns.

That is all.