Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

mdemone posted:

If they don't reveal Poe to be gay, it will have been a huge missed opportunity in a number of ways.

Seriously, those two have chemistry together. Even the internet-less people I know think they're a couple.

zoux posted:

It's a civil suit, by the way.
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04/texas-ag-ken-paxton-charged-with-fraud-after-federal-probe.html/

Yeah, I thought this was criminal. The other one is criminal. This one's civil.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Spotify asked members of Congress to create playlists and they are all awful.

They go from one genre to the next in a sad attempt to please everyone, they all seem to put a song from Hamilton on them, and a disturbing number of fifty year old dudes listen to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

Credit to Senator Mike Lee for just listing Zeppelin, Rush, and U2, which I have no trouble believing is a real Mike Lee playlist.

tay tay and katy perry are good joe, but also im a 24 year old gay guy

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

While looking for the senators' playlists, I found this bizarre "album" with like 50 "songs" about U.S. senators :catstare:

I don't think any of the songs has a single listen

https://open.spotify.com/album/67RLnpRHHVUZlabw8oB8We

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Orrin Hatch is about what I'd expect.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

They go from one genre to the next in a sad attempt to please everyone, they all seem to put a song from Hamilton on them, and a disturbing number of fifty year old dudes listen to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

Credit to Senator Mike Lee for just listing Zeppelin, Rush, and U2, which I have no trouble believing is a real Mike Lee playlist.

I like how Orrin Hatch's playlist is mostly Mormon songs and one song featuring himself, with some ultra-modern poo poo like imagine dragons, neon trees, and that same Hamilton song shamelessly wedged in there.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I can't stop laughing at the fact that Donald Trump's children, who are huge surrogates for his campaign, can't actually vote in the NY State primary.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I like how Orrin Hatch's playlist is mostly Mormon songs and one song featuring himself, with some ultra-modern poo poo like imagine dragons, neon trees, and that same Hamilton song shamelessly wedged in there.

Somewhere, someone made an amazing quote about Imagine Dragons.

Basically it was that they're the most prolific band that everyone knows about but nobody actually likes or cares about.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DeepDickPizza posted:

I can't stop laughing at the fact that Donald Trump's children, who are huge surrogates for his campaign, can't actually vote in the NY State primary.
Whatever photo FaceBook ran with as part of their news article made his son look like a Reptillian. Guy is legit creepface.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Joementum posted:

John Conyers' is all blues, jazz, and motown, which I can appreciate.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Darrell Issa is just alternating between Mercyful Fate and Slayer :confused: :confused: :confused:

(I wish)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Darrell Issa is just alternating between Mercyful Fate and Slayer :confused: :confused: :confused:

(I wish)

I will be very disappointed if this isn't on Issa's play list.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Boon posted:

Somewhere, someone made an amazing quote about Imagine Dragons.

Basically it was that they're the most prolific band that everyone knows about but nobody actually likes or cares about.

https://twitter.com/sundownmotel/status/430555377059377152

Acebuckeye13 posted:

John Conyers' is all blues, jazz, and motown, which I can appreciate.

Yeah his actually looks like an authentic playlist for someone with a specific taste in music. Most of the other ones look like half their own taste and half stuff their interns or PR people picked out for them.

And Thom Tillis picked out MJ's "black or white" just to be an rear end in a top hat.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

:sigh: Two outta three ain't bad.

Just feels like the classic rock version of "Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Coldplay"

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

mdemone posted:

That's loving sick. How do I access the actual image? Clicking that tweet brings up a super-zoomed portion of the image, and clicking that zoom just refreshes the page basically. Is my browser retarded at the twitter?

http://imgur.com/gallery/50w1k

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Actually that's Meatloaf. Try to keep up

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Just feels like the classic rock version of "Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Coldplay"

U2 isn't out of place. Its really too bad they didn't release anything after Joshua Tree though.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

hobbesmaster posted:

U2 isn't out of place. Its really too bad they didn't release anything after Joshua Tree though.

Achtung Baby would like a word with you.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

Achtung Baby was a good album. Or I guess I should say, no worse than Joshua Tree.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
U2 up to All That You Can't Leave Behind is good :can:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Also just noticed that Lee put Stairway on his list twice.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

This works if the second one is the following version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9dSQwzCE4U

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRn3kxCxp1Q

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Joementum posted:

Sounds like a RINO to me

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Bullfrog posted:

While looking for the senators' playlists, I found this bizarre "album" with like 50 "songs" about U.S. senators :catstare:

I don't think any of the songs has a single listen

https://open.spotify.com/album/67RLnpRHHVUZlabw8oB8We
That is Matt Farley. He makes a living spamming Spotify. He records about 20 songs per day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hahaha, the world's worst woman and mother Phyllis Schafly is about to get kicked out of Eagle Forum, which she founded, over her endorsement of Trump ahaha.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Imagine Dragons was founded by BYU students and both ID and Neon Trees started out in Provo, so even less surprising.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Both ID and Neon Trees have local connections, so that makes at least some sense.

e: Oh goddamnit

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

zoux posted:

Hahaha, the world's worst woman and mother Phyllis Schafly is about to get kicked out of Eagle Forum, which she founded, over her endorsement of Trump ahaha.
God, she's still alive? I would've thought Satan would have sent his nightmare-pulled chariot to wing her to her just reward ages ago. She's gotta be pushing 90, right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oracle posted:

God, she's still alive? I would've thought Satan would have sent his nightmare-pulled chariot to wing her to her just reward ages ago. She's gotta be pushing 90, right?

91. These hateful rear end people never die it seems.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Both ID and Neon Trees have local connections, so that makes at least some sense.

e: Oh goddamnit

Plus Hatch actually is an active and somewhat successful songwriter/recording artist so it's a little more plausible that he's been introduced to some more modern music via that part of his life.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

zoux posted:

91. These hateful rear end people never die it seems.
Scalia :) The times they are a'changin'...

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I feel bad for saying this but it's good that scalia died.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, unless it's for Antonin Scalia because that's fine.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

drilldo squirt posted:

I would rather he retired to shoot quail at elite exclusive hunting clubs and travel and ride elephants, but I will accept this outcome.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oracle posted:

91. She was due to die over the winter but she ratted out the whereabouts of Scalia's phylactery to Death in exchange for a bit longer.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

drilldo squirt posted:

It is right and good to be happy about his death friend.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Scalia dying already saved public unions

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

I celebrated by popping open a bottle of expensive champagne and my friends and I all went to our favorite restaurant to enjoy a long laugh over dinner. His death as already made such a positive difference in the US that I don't feel even the slightest bit bad about any of it.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
If they don't want us to be happy when somebody dies maybe we shouldn't let people who hold important political officers serve until death,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Very few men in human history have truly deserved death. If Scalia isn't part of that group, he's certainly clamoring at the door to get in.

Edit: Was! Was clamoring! :laffo:

• Locked thread