Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

My fault sorry. I took a few cynos out. Want me to put them back in? We could be ahead with 7 points to spare.

it's an old reddit-sourced image so it doesn't update when the actual count changes :smithfrog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

killmail number has never really mattered, hell i got 100 kills in 36 hours shooting newbie frigates last week, yet it doesn't make me elite pvp

they want expensive fleets to die, in particular our supercaps but they'll take a dumpstered BS fleet too

Happy with Hurricanes really, you guys undock those, so :sun:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
someone vouch me into a highsec incursion group

PM me or jabber me on #zulu or gf dot com if you dont want to publicly endorse/support me (super understandably)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

My fault sorry. I took a few cynos out. Want me to put them back in? We could be ahead with 7 points to spare.

You kicked my Jita alt outta the corp :(

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

killmail number has never really mattered, hell i got 100 kills in 36 hours shooting newbie frigates last week, yet it doesn't make me elite pvp

they want expensive fleets to die, in particular our supercaps but they'll take a dumpstered BS fleet too

how many interceptor fleets equals a battleship fleet in isk value and do you think that number, n, interceptor fleets dunked provides more or less utility to our foes than a single battleship fleet dunked

also what flavour of pizza should dbrb order this is an even more important question than the above

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nietzschean posted:

how many interceptor fleets equals a battleship fleet in isk value

like 10-20x more than we lost in interceptors

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Haha I just looked at icanseemeseeyou's rap sheet and holy gently caress is he hitting tenement funster levels of bans. Lets talk about being a member of a group that scoffs at paying 10 bucks to post on a forum, while paying an order of magnitude more to keep posting racist screeds on it.

I am shocked that the dude that posts like a shitheel from Reddit has a history of posting like a shitheel from Reddit.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Happy with Hurricanes really, you guys undock those, so :sun:

lately there has been a moratorium on skirmish commanders (junior fc duders) being allowed to take out hurricanes as well, and im going to go out on a limb and say that my amazing ability to get a fleet bombed to death within seconds of landing on grid had pickone: everything nothing to do with that

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait poo poo this is not the chill thread, my b

may as well edit this double post to look intentional :pgabz:

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Nietzschean posted:

how many interceptor fleets equals a battleship fleet in isk value and do you think that number, n, interceptor fleets dunked provides more or less utility to our foes than a single battleship fleet dunked

also what flavour of pizza should dbrb order this is an even more important question than the above

Hmm hold on let's do a complex utility analysis, we just need to do a large scale study of preferences. Ordinal or cardinal?

Is pepperoni higher utility than tandoori chicken? Are anchovies negative utility???

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

lately there has been a moratorium on skirmish commanders (junior fc duders) being allowed to take out hurricanes as well, and im going to go out on a limb and say that my amazing ability to get a fleet bombed to death within seconds of landing on grid had pickone: everything nothing to do with that

Honest question. Do you think FCs are gonna get tired of swordfleets anytime soon?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cravius posted:

Honest question. Do you think FCs are gonna get tired of swordfleets anytime soon?

idk did other people get tired of slippery petes or w/e they were because interceptor doctrines are basically low-rent versions of those

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Honest answer: The question is irrelevant, since we have more junior FCs than we could possibly burn out; so, even if we accept for the sake of argument that the answer to the question posed is "yes, they will get bored of it tomorrow," then the net effect is minimal as there are literally hundreds of swinging dicks lined up to start the climb to the top of FC mountain from the bottom just like in any other MMO status grind.

e: Also what Querns said above.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

honest answer: question is irrelevant, since we have more junior fcs than we could possibly burn out; so, even if we accept for the sake of argument that the answer to the question posed is yes, they will get bored of it tomorrow, there are literally hundreds of swinging dicks lined up behind them to start the climb to the top of fc mountain from the bottom just like in any other mmo status grind

fair enough, thanks.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i think xolve is in 93pi right now guys i'm going to shoot his spaceship

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Dank directorbot leaks

quote:

(7:12:57 PM) directorbot: X up in elysium with what kind of pizza I should get, I cannot decide and need help before I go pick one up.

~~~ This was a broadcast from dabigredboat to opt-all at 2016-04-11 23:12:57.577037 EVE ~~~

quote:

(7:14:01 PM) smilingvagrant: x just throw the ingredients on the ground and eat them off the floor like the slobby sack of poo poo you are.

quote:

(7:14:16 PM) stalker_ofeveryone: smilingvagrant: hahahahahaha
(7:14:35 PM) boneytooth_thompkins_isk-chip: smilingvagrant wins

Finally I have won.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Glory of Arioch posted:

i hear online count in eve online matters for an alliance that lives on jabber

the only people that live on jabber are people who consider themselves to be 'space important'

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

fair enough, thanks.

I edited that post to be more in line with the tone of this thread; i.e., capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. :shobon:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vodkat posted:

the only people that live on jabber are people who consider themselves to be 'space important'

so everyone then, gotcha

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Dank directorbot leaks

Finally I have won.

(7:13:59 PM) saya_nakamura: (18:13:51) lord_benz: (6:13:38 PM) boneytooth_thompkins_isk-chip: (7:13:42 PM) mujahada_shah: x CUM PIZZA WITH A SIDE OF IMGAY

imagine the quoted text in maximum-size font for the best effect

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

ullerrm posted:

Everyone on earth feeds on outrage and scandal.

ftfy

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So tell me about these new command destroyers. That caldari one looks awesome, but I know nothing about these new fangled ships. Also, what are good ships to fly in small gangs? Are kiting drone boats still the giant pain in the rear end to fight they were around a year ago?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

vyst posted:

Xolve is really coming unhinged it's hilarious

It's hard not to shitpost a little with so much blood in the water.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

So tell me about these new command destroyers. That caldari one looks awesome, but I know nothing about these new fangled ships. Also, what are good ships to fly in small gangs? Are kiting drone boats still the giant pain in the rear end to fight they were around a year ago?

Oh god you are almost as precious as videogames

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Syndic Thrass posted:

PM me or jabber me on #zulu

[trigger warning]

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Gila still owns yes.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Despera posted:

You kicked my Jita alt outta the corp :(

Very possible. I sent out a bunch of notices and then purged everyone who fell short of the monthly quota because war/spies

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
So about a year and a half ago I killed my first hyperdunk victim, and he quit the game outright after realizing what had happened. He recently started playing the game again, and when I saw his Charon insta-warp off the Jita 4-4 Station, I knew it had to be good one. Immediately remembering the events that happened over a year ago, I called for an aggressor to shoot his ship to prevent his ship from disappearing from space when he logs off, which he promptly attempted to do. I then scanned his cargo, realized he was worth killing, and destroyed his freighter. An enterprising ganker also nabbed his pod.
We had several good kills, although one JF barely escaped from us due to a small mistake (our ships had no warp disruptors.)

I only wish I had more people interested in suicide ganking. :negative:

Zephyrine posted:

Very possible. I sent out a bunch of notices and then purged everyone who fell short of the monthly quota because war/spies

Yeah, the worst possible outcome would be getting 'pushXed.' It's also pretty dangerous to have AFK and missing leadership as well who turn on you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
You kinda left and hosed over the one alliance that was interested in doing suicide ganking on an industrial scale.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Yeah, the worst possible outcome would be getting 'pushXed.' It's also pretty dangerous to have AFK and missing leadership as well who turn on you.

No one has any roles except me and all cargo is under collateral but the queue still gives an idea about where people are going.

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns

Nietzschean posted:

pizza doesn't come in multiple flavors you loving mong

you probably think pineapples and ham is a good pizza topping

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

djent posted:

hosed up if true

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I only wish I had more people interested in suicide ganking. :negative:

:allears:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vodkat posted:

you're retarded

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vodkat posted:

Excuse me as someone space important myself I take offense to this

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Glory of Arioch posted:

the point is that nothing we do can stop us from bleeding members in a defensive war, it's just how this poo poo works, no one likes to lose

pretending like fighting a bunch of hopeless battles that we know we can't win will somehow increase morale is daft as hell

It's a controversial viewpoint because the imperium is built on being the space bad-boys, leather jackets and sick chromed out hogs included but you guys are getting rolled by the "underdogs"***.

Really the underlying problem is you've got numbers but people aren't logging in, and when you can't get people to log in to defend your home turf you're pretty well up the creek no matter which way you look at it.

*** underdogs with huge supercaptial fleets, of course

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

djent posted:

i am sad for whatever monolithic culture you inhabit where there is only one variety of pizza

out of curiosity what is it

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

I too, enjoy 5000 pings a day about what pizza DBRB should buy or why H1Z1 is the best game ever

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

vodkat posted:

I too, enjoy 5000 pings a day about what pizza DBRB should buy or why H1Z1 is the best game ever

go to your forums settings and opt out of that poo poo, it's stupid that it's on by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vodkat posted:

those all get broadcasted via opt-all meaning optional, meaning turn it off, dipshit

• Locked thread