Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Every time I go there it feels like a scummy gossip website, about cars. TMZ for cars. Being under the Gawker banner is bad enough, but then post HEY, gently caress THE MUSTANG, well then gently caress them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Do you get super ragey when people talk poo poo about your favorite sports teams, too? Acting like a loving toddler.

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH SOMEBODY WROTE AN ARTICLE WHERE THEY DON'T LIKE A THING I LIKE. gently caress EVERYTHING FOREVER HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like to read it on the pooper. :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

I like to read it on the pooper. :shrug:

Do you have a toilet only internet device? Maybe I can get one of those champagne proof phones and keep it in a jar of Barbicide.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I have Mustangs and I loved that Jalopnik-article. Get the sense that senses humor, it is very useful.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Elephanthead posted:

Do you have a toilet only internet device? Maybe I can get one of those champagne proof phones and keep it in a jar of Barbicide.
Nope, you shouldn't ever borrow anyones phone.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
There are lots of reasons to hate Jalopnik, like their wanna-be Jeremy Clarkson writer, but at least most of it is entertaining.

Motor trend has a great online section, it's just lacking in content. Jalopnik has a pretty lively comment section and there's some good discussions on it.

Buhbuhj posted:

Mustang owners may possibly even be worse than Subaru drivers.

Subaru drivers have taken to lifting their WRXes. That's where my line is; they've turned the WRX into the new donk, and that's just unforgivable.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone live near Watkins Glen? Its their opening weekend this Sat, and a NY mustang club I'm part of is taking a group ride down there on Sunday to take a few paced laps. $25 for 3 laps, paced at 55. Never been on a track that wasn't just a strip before, should be neat.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I thought you lived in buffalo? that is a freaking 2.5 hour hike for 3 laps.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

I thought you lived in buffalo? that is a freaking 2.5 hour hike for 3 laps.
Yep! I like to drive my mustang to new places. :) I think I drove more than you in 3 years (2 winters garaged) than you have since buying your car brand new.

The mustang club skews a little bit older too so a group ride with a bunch of not-shitheads sounds like a good time. The weather couldn't be more perfect either.

edit: I'll probably go 6 laps anyway

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 13, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Yep! I like to drive my mustang to new places. :) I think I drove more than you in 3 years (2 winters garaged) than you have since buying your car brand new.

The mustang club skews a little bit older too so a group ride with a bunch of not-shitheads sounds like a good time. The weather couldn't be more perfect either.

HAHA that is true! make sure you drive under 55 the entire way, that way you will feel like HOLY CRAP 55 on this race track is sooooooooo fast!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well Im a new member to the club but on the forums last year they mention going above 100 mph a few times. I can't imagine ever doing a real track day there so why not jump on a chance to take a few laps?

Plus thats the finger lakes region so good time to stock up on wine.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
haha, well make sure you dont get caught doing 100mph on the streets, I dont want to see you ruin us on Jalopnik!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

7 months in, 3200 miles.

I should drive more. Except then I'd bitch about gas prices (Its still $2.50 here. gently caress CA) more.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

ilkhan posted:

7 months in, 3200 miles.

I should drive more. Except then I'd bitch about gas prices (Its still $2.50 here. gently caress CA) more.

pppffffttt........ 1042.1 miles in 2 years 24 days I would have 4-13-2016 pic included, but its the same as
10-10-2015. That is about 4.5 times I stopped for gas.

9-20-2013

5-8-2014

10-10-2014

4-19-2015

9-25-2015

10-10-2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:psyduck: Why do you take so many pictures of your gauges?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

:psyduck: Why do you take so many pictures of your gauges?
That and drive your car more.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cross posted Stolen from CL thread:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I take a picture when the Mustang reaches a historical milestone. For instance the day I put it in storage or after a major mod is installed.
I have pictures of everything to do with my mustang.

One day in the distant future there is going to be a time where I have to sell it. Modified mustangs carry little to no resale value.
if you have records of everything you do and dates, people eat that up and it can increase the value of the car as much as $1000.
just for having pictures and paper documentation. It also proves you take good care of the car which also increases value.

As for why I don't drive it.... There are many reasons but mostly it comes down to where I work. The parking is tight and in a rougher part of town. I don't like taking it to work.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Larrymer posted:

Cross posted Stolen from CL thread:

That is why I document everything. An Easy fix on a salvage title?! I mean... seriously Come On!?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I always bitch to my mom in Finland that gas prices are rising in SC, and my mustang eats them. Then I remember she has a V8 and pays 7-8 bucks a gallon roughly. Lol.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

I take a picture when the Mustang reaches a historical milestone. For instance the day I put it in storage or after a major mod is installed.
I have pictures of everything to do with my mustang.

One day in the distant future there is going to be a time where I have to sell it. Modified mustangs carry little to no resale value.
if you have records of everything you do and dates, people eat that up and it can increase the value of the car as much as $1000.
just for having pictures and paper documentation. It also proves you take good care of the car which also increases value.

As for why I don't drive it.... There are many reasons but mostly it comes down to where I work. The parking is tight and in a rougher part of town. I don't like taking it to work.
Yeah but pictures two weeks apart with a difference of 2 miles? Who is that picture for?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
oh yea... Thats when I did the photoshoot and the other when I put it into storage. Two historical milestones where very close to each other.
Sorry. :(

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, I have this, "TYC 660252 Ford Mustang Power Replacement Front Driver Side Window Regulator".
I bought it for my 04, but after hammering my existing one with a bigass hammer, it started working and this one proved to be unneccessary. PM me if you want to buy it off of me, or if you don't have PMs, just message me here I guess. This is bit of a hard sell due to the very specific audience of it, but I thought this thread might be the best shot.

It fits 94-04.

I'll charge 45 bucks shipped.It's still untouched and the oil is all over the part.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Wow dude, that is a super specific part. you would have better luck selling it on https://www.reddit.com/r/MustangParts
there are only like 5 of us that actively use this site that have a 99-04 models. everyone else here has newer models.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kalvick posted:

there are only like 5 of us that actively use this site that have a 99-04 models. everyone else here has newer models.

Might be 6! I am going to look at a 2000 GT 'vert within the next couple of days

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Buy my coupe.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want a convertible. So, pretty much a deal breaker.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Will throw in sawzall and a bucket of meth.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

Will throw in sawzall and a bucket of meth.

thats a good deal.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Aaaaaand I'm pretty sure the car I was after juuuuust got sold.

The hunt for a GT 'vert with a 5sp continues. While ignoring the 2003-2004 SVT 'verts for sale.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
When I set out to look for my other Mustang, my preferences included: Convertible, 5-speed manual, GT, a nice color (excludes green, white, horrible oranges etc). It took a while and it ended up being a fairly trashed Premium trim black one at a car dealership who wanted 9000 initially but settled on bit less than 5000 bucks.

It's window on driver side wouldn't roll down, the convertible top wouldn't move and the paintjob was black but had major issues with peeling at the spoiler, bumper and hood. The car was also not damaged, but definitely badly kept inside. It looked like a warzone, which is why the dealer was willing to come down on the price so much. In addition the headlights were ruined.

I hit the window assembly with a hammer to make it start working, it had rusted shut. The top cylinders I replaced with 90 bux each, bought from Amazon and did all the work myself. And my brother in law helped me, lol, but still. After DIYing running lights, putting new blinkers and halos in and painting the car blue, I wasn't even past 5700 bucks. And odometer was at 91000 miles.
I guess my lesson here is that try to expand your search to the ones that are in slightly poorer condition to get a wider net. A lot of poo poo, especially with New Edge mustangs, is pretty easily fixed with your own labor, that a lot of past owners didn't give a poo poo about. I don't know your requirements for it, but still, there's a poo poo ton out there with "broken windows and there's no dash".

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 13, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My 'net' is pretty much 'convertible, V8, 5sp' and that's it. Surprisingly hard to find, actually. Mostly the '5sp' part. There simply weren't that many manual GT 'verts sold. I've opened up to 1999-2001 Cobras but those are quite pricey (in terms of 'about' what I want to spend).

I don't know WHAT this guy was thinking...

https://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/5518910723.html

When you see it....

I thought about offering about half what he is asking and stripping that poo poo off

Tide fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 13, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
deleted - previous comment because you mentioned costs.

also added.....

holy crap they painted the car with truck liner?! WHY!?! who does that!

kalvick fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 13, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kalvick posted:

Are you ignoring SVT's because of the price? because almost everything about them is superior to the GT.

Yeah, pretty much. Trust me, I love the Terminators, but they're out of my price range.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I've seen those paint jobs before. Don't quite dismiss it before seeing it up close. They can look pretty cool in a way. I learned to like my friend's.

Even so, if you sand it off and spend 1000-2000 on the paintjob, but you get that cheaper, it might be worth it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tide posted:

My 'net' is pretty much 'convertible, V8, 5sp' and that's it. Surprisingly hard to find, actually. Mostly the '5sp' part. There simply weren't that many manual GT 'verts sold. I've opened up to 1999-2001 Cobras but those are quite pricey (in terms of 'about' what I want to spend).

I don't know WHAT this guy was thinking...

https://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/5518910723.html

When you see it....

I thought about offering about half what he is asking and stripping that poo poo off
Did he paint that with bedliner? Looks like a big jawbreaker.

edit: Thats literally what it is. I didn't recognize "Line X" by the name

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Got Line-X on my Ranger.

Wouldn't do it on the Stang (that gorgeous Sunburst Gold Metallic!)

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

kalvick posted:

That is why I document everything. An Easy fix on a salvage title?! I mean... seriously Come On!?

Either that's a fake post to drum up interest in his car, or he really did total it doing a burnout and now everyone he knows is giving him poo poo for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
BRB going to rob a bank

http://youtu.be/o4t-MT26C6E