Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

The fact Vert is so unpopular still confuses me.
At least she's getting a bone now.
An XBONE!

EDIT: What the gently caress lowtax, your word filter ruined my pun! You monster!

Nepped again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone in Japan/importers know if the Psycho Pass game is worth looking forward to

From what I've heard it's basically Snatcher ie. a VN with a couple of rail shooter segments. Other than that not sure I'm afraid, I'm not the biggest fan of Psycho-Pass in the first place though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Just popping in to confirm that Steins;Gate is real good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mikeycp posted:

Just popping in to confirm that Steins;Gate is real good.
It's also over half a decade old now, but then that's pretty much the norm for a Vita owner

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness out on 9/13/16

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...Station.Blog%29

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

CrashCat posted:

It's also over half a decade old now, but then that's pretty much the norm for a Vita owner

I only just got into it and I avoided the cartoon because I knew I wanted to read the original.

Going in fresh and Rintarowns

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Alder posted:

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness out on 9/13/16

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...Station.Blog%29

I don't know what's more surprising: that this is heading West (and so fast, even) or that NISA PR people can just swing by casually and write on the PS blog.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Just tried playing borderlands 2 again and oof, they never really fixed the performance issues.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It actually used to be worse, AFAIK. There was a big patch to fix the launch mess, like, months later?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

SpacePig posted:

There's also Valkyria Chronicles 2, but only get that one if you really, really like VC1 because it can be stupid and frustrating at times, and I think I'm basically the only one in this thread that actually enjoyed playing it.

VC2 has great gameplay but the certificate grinding is complete bullshit. If you can ace a mission once or twice with a character, they should get an upgrade. People are going to put your stupid game down if they go through the same mission six or seven times and tick off all the checkboxes and get nothing in return because the RNG is feeling feisty today. It really sucks because the rest of the game is so polished (vestigial "crafting" system that lets you make poison bullets I guess? aside).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, Soul Sacrifice Delta is pretty goddamn good. I like how it's in the same general genre as a Monster Hunter clone but has a totally different economy and identity apart from Monster Hunter.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I'm not having luck copying the VC2 demo from my PS3 to my Vita. I went to the same place as when I copied the PS1 games over, except I selected the PSP section. I also checked the other sections with no results aside from my PS1 games (still present as bubbles on the PS3).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I dug around a bit and it looks like the demo has different permissions than the full game, so you're stuck. Just get the full thing when it goes on sale

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know what's more surprising: that this is heading West (and so fast, even) or that NISA PR people can just swing by casually and write on the PS blog.
I think Sony are letting anyone promote their games there now because I swear I saw IFI PR on it too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Poor Vert, Four Godesses Online isn't her own game

quote:

This time we’re trying to represent the characters differently to make a fantasy version of Neptunia.

The title has the word “Online,” but it is not an online game. The setting sees Neptune and company playing in an online game world.

It is the game that Vert is playing in the main Neptunia titles, but Vert is not the protagonist. The four goddesses are. Vert might have a bit of a greater importance though.

The four goddesses will little by little become allies, but they’ll all become allies early on.

Look forward to a followup report regarding additional characters set to appear.

The story begins when Neptune and company, while normally playing Four Goddesses Online, notice the presence of new characters, and then go on to fight those that are enemies.

Development is 20 to 30 percent complete. The release window might be winter.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/first-four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-details#PGrmyVRdEsRvzKxa.99

I wonder if we'll see the makers again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Poor Vert, Four Godesses Online isn't her own game

Hyperdevotion Noire isn't Noire's game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Risk of Rain is on vita! :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpeKWtX3XbQ&t=195s

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I love Risk of Rain so it's tempting to buy it. However the PC version was buggy as all hell and I have no idea if they fixed some of that stuff.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it looks like the view is much smaller in that version, and that would make it a much more frustrating experience. i'm glad they went through the trouble to put it on vita, but i almost certainly will not buy it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I took the plunge on Skullgirls and what a previous poster said is correct: the resolution makes everything kinda blurry. They didn't mention the load times, oh god the load times, but I've seen worse. So I'll take the plunge on Risk of Rain.

Risk of Rain is 81 MB :toot:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
In the case of Skullgirls, Lab Zero put out a video a couple months back showing the load times with different team sizes, which was pretty good of them.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

InfinityComplex posted:

I love Risk of Rain so it's tempting to buy it. However the PC version was buggy as all hell and I have no idea if they fixed some of that stuff.

Just played about an hour; no bugs, smooth as butter, and fun as always. Also with the bonus of online multiplayer! Great port, tiny size, and only $10.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

MisterAlex posted:

I'm not having luck copying the VC2 demo from my PS3 to my Vita. I went to the same place as when I copied the PS1 games over, except I selected the PSP section. I also checked the other sections with no results aside from my PS1 games (still present as bubbles on the PS3).

Demos don't work on Vita.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I got Monster Monpiece and that's a fun card game but boy howdy is the VN poo poo and the Pre-Teen rear end art terrible.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PS Vita Discussion: boy howdy is the VN poo poo and the Pre-Teen rear end art terrible

Welcome to the fold, brother!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ScrubLeague posted:

I got Monster Monpiece and that's a fun card game but boy howdy is the VN poo poo and the Pre-Teen rear end art terrible.

Lol you got Monpiece for the card game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In its defense, it's the only salvagable thing in that wreck.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Its not if you like anime titties.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saoshyant posted:

In its defense, it's the only salvagable thing in that wreck.

it's okay, the unaltered cards are coming to the steam version

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there another card game on the Vita without all the norks? If so I will play it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I want a new Cardfighters Clash.

A port of Mabinogi Duel would also be good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

Is there another card game on the Vita without all the norks? If so I will play it.

I'm sorry, but

Embrace it or run (while you can).

Other card games on the Vita include Uncharted Fight for Fortune (never heard of it) and Invizimals sort of counts (good stuff if you are into that series).

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Bro I bought a Vita at launch and I got the fuckin one with the phone in it. I'm aware of the poor decisions, which is why I got Middle School Jugs Card Battler because some folks on the internet said it was an OK card game and also Kappa like a trillion times (there's also literally a character called Kappa)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man, there's probably more people now who know about the Kappa emote than they do about the Kappa turtle people, aren't there?

Anyway I don't think there's any other card game on this. Honestly I struggle to think of any that aren't on PC or some Japan only Yugioh thing, god knows what Konami is doing with it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ScrubLeague posted:

Bro I bought a Vita at launch and I got the fuckin one with the phone in it. I'm aware of the poor decisions, which is why I got Middle School Jugs Card Battler because some folks on the internet said it was an OK card game and also Kappa like a trillion times (there's also literally a character called Kappa)

RIP

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

A videogame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

A videogame.

I can't wait

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Saoshyant posted:

A videogame.

thats me on the lower left trying to figure out who's the best girl

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

I can't wait
What a dilemma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU