Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

And that's just Goku's fight with him. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was watching the episode breakdown on episode 52 of DBZA and World's Strongest Abridged next!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

well i mean most of that only took five minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCdADaAvsk0

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's also just literally the scenes where Goku is fighting Frieza. They cut out all the bullshit with King Kai talking an Bulma wandering around and stuff.

I'd love to see an anti-abridged DBZ, consisting of only the filler scenes and none of the interesting fights.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Well, Namek did blow up after 5 minutes in the fight!

I feel like Super is pacing closer to Fairy Tail now. But not quite as extreme as that. It's a better pace than the early DBZ, but even Buu had a lot of filler that was simply unnecessary. Having watched the Kai version, by episodes alone it chopped it from 96 episodes to 60. Not nearly as impressive as Namek/Android+Cell Saga's trimming, but 39 ~22 minute episodes is nothing to sneeze at.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Well, Namek did blow up after 5 minutes in the fight!

I feel like Super is pacing closer to Fairy Tail now. But not quite as extreme as that. It's a better pace than the early DBZ, but even Buu had a lot of filler that was simply unnecessary. Having watched the Kai version, by episodes alone it chopped it from 96 episodes to 60. Not nearly as impressive as Namek/Android+Cell Saga's trimming, but 39 ~22 minute episodes is nothing to sneeze at.

I hope this was accomplished by getting rid of the "inside Buu" and "kid Buu" sagas entirely.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

I hope this was accomplished by getting rid of the "inside Buu" and "kid Buu" sagas entirely.

Gotten rid of? No, they are extremely trimmed and to the point however. I haven't watched it again since it aired, but I believe at least "Inside Buu" was like 2-3 episodes tops. Kid Buu was still a good chunk of episodes, but then again that is the climax, so it rightly takes a bit to go through. It doesn't drag it's feet though.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was watching the episode breakdown on episode 52 of DBZA and World's Strongest Abridged next!

Not really a spoiler they announced it like weeks ago

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched Dragon Ball: Ssawora Son Goku, Igyeora Son Goku and it's the fuckin' strangest Dragon Ball adaptation by a mile. From what I can tell it was the first live action Dragon Ball movie, but it tries it's best to recreate the original Pilaf arc. It actually plays it pretty faithfully from what I can tell (Unfortunately it isn't subtitled), but there are some weird things it throws in, like Goku actually watching the Dragon Ball anime at one point. I think Pilaf and Oolong end up at EPCOT at some point too for some reason to summon Shenron. Also Pilaf actually fights and shoots fire and ki blasts at people.

The weirdest thing though is that it throws in one of the Saiyans as some kind of henchman of Pilaf's. I've read conflicting reports about whether this is supposed to be Raditz or Nappa- crazy either way. He fights Goku with a sword in a mine that looks to be straight out of Temple of Doom.

Also noted weakest character Turtle bites Master Roshi in the dick at one point. I'm not even joking.

I wish I had a screenshot I could grab from the internet for this, but I swear to god Turtle comes in out of nowhere in the ending and beats up Pilaf in a fight, before Goku and Oolong finish him off by both using the Kamehameha (lol). Still, Turtle actually fights someone and basically wins. Turtle is hardcore in this movie and it owns.

The costumes and props here are sure something too.

Yes, that is Puar smoking a cigarette.

I really wish somebody subtitle this craziness.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Gotten rid of? No, they are extremely trimmed and to the point however. I haven't watched it again since it aired, but I believe at least "Inside Buu" was like 2-3 episodes tops. Kid Buu was still a good chunk of episodes, but then again that is the climax, so it rightly takes a bit to go through. It doesn't drag it's feet though.

You can probably ignore Rutibex.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

I still love how the shittiness of Namek kinda just oscillates up and down. Instead of, you know, getting progressively worse like all logic would dictate.

:laffo:
There are no words for this

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

SirKibbles posted:

Not really a spoiler they announced it like weeks ago

Oh, they have a schedule?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Oh, they have a schedule?

Not a schedule per say, but World's Strongest they announced that they were going to do to celebrate hitting 2 million subscribers. It kind of got drowned out by the #WTFU debacle when their channel was taken down.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Man, the Muppets have gotten edgy lately.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
All the live action Dragon Ball movies are an amazing kind of dumb in their own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NtVoutAaw

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Raxivace posted:

Yes, that is Puar smoking a cigarette.

Who needs a new avatar?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Oh DBM. Never change.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kazy posted:

Who needs a new avatar?

man I wish I had five bucks to give to Lowtax for this

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh DBM. Never change.

I really like that Super Cold design. Wonder how strong they'll let him get.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh DBM. Never change.

DBM are better at this than heroes.
(the specials are complete piles tho)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 13, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

DBM are better at this than heroes.
(the specials are complete piles tho)

The Gast one was alright. Feel like there was one or two more I got a kick out of as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only ones specials I really liked are the Zen Buu and Cooler ones. Future Gohan vs. Babidi was kind of cool too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish Super stole some of DBM's designs, they're pretty good.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh DBM. Never change.

I guess King Cold learned this from Omnibuu's little dream escapades.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kazy posted:

Who needs a new avatar?

mine

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Raxivace posted:

The only ones specials I really liked are the Zen Buu and Cooler ones. Future Gohan vs. Babidi was kind of cool too.

I dunno, maybe art-wise, but Future Gohan vs. Babidi is pants on head retarded in terms of plot. It's... better than some of their actual fanfic stuff (Hanasia), but only barely. Cooler one was definitely great, probably the best of the bunch. I can't imagine anything as bad as the Bojack special. Broadcast version of episode 5 of Super was better than the Bojack special.

Also is it just me or is their Bra kinda getting on other people's nerves too?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Probably it's a really lovely webcomics. It's telling that when actually forced to write people hate it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Probably it's a really lovely webcomics. It's telling that when actually forced to write people hate it.

I'm confused about what this sentence means.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
They said Cold was about as strong as imperfect cell didn't they? I suppose they can make cooler cold as strong as they want though.

Also it's against the rules now for Bra to go super saiyan for some reason, perfect way for the Mary Sue to lose without actually losing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

"Stop enjoying things I don't enjoy"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sharktamer posted:

They said Cold was about as strong as imperfect cell didn't they? I suppose they can make cooler cold as strong as they want though.

Also it's against the rules now for Bra to go super saiyan for some reason, perfect way for the Mary Sue to lose without actually losing.

She gonna rules lawyer.
How can her hair turn yellow, when she has no hair?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Maybe she's got Kaioken rather than SSJ?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrifeHira posted:

Also is it just me or is their Bra kinda getting on other people's nerves too?

I've hated Bra from the very beginning. I can appreciate trying to make something out of a character that barely exists in Z and gets wasted in GT, but making her the author's Mary Sue that's stronger than everyone and constantly treats people like poo poo but she's cool anyways because she's Vegetto's daughter and therefore the best forever also my waifu is really, really annoying and I can't care about this fight because I fully know that she'll win even without Super Saiyan just to prove once again how she's the best why don't you love her???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Those specials are really the only time story actually happens. Most of the time it's fights with a little plot sprinkled in.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm actually hoping she'll get wrecked this fight. I'm kind of tired of the person you expect to win before the first punch is thrown winning the match.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm ok with Bra being a spoiled prodigy if only because it's gonna make her absorption into zen buu all the more satisfying. That's when SSB Vegito and Gogeta are forced to fuse :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those specials are really the only time story actually happens. Most of the time it's fights with a little plot sprinkled in.

See also: Dragon Ball Z

Not to imply that Z isn't way better than Multiverse. Just sayin'.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Cross posting from the 3DS thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first trailer for Dragon Ball Fusions, the fanfiction RPG by Ganbarion (Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, Pandora's Tower):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTstud1EE18

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Found this video online today. Good stuff- reminds me a lot of Xibanya's posts in the old thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5R03-X7pa8

Nice.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Rirse posted:

Cross posting from the 3DS thread.

So it does seem like it'll be a team battle RPG thing. Neat.

Love the narrator freaking out at the end.

• Locked thread