Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Ice cream? Please, it's all about the ginseng roots or whatever they were. And pills.

Cordyceps. The crazy mind controlling fungus that now has its own weekly tv drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Langrisser Re:Incarnation looks pretty bad, but I'm getting it from Gamefly because they let me have a month for $1 and there's nothing else to get so I'll give some impressions when I get it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Electric Phantasm posted:

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final coming over as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse this Summer.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/720639482974703616

edit: Here's a trailer from Atlus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oEjmBtRTA

Sure hope Atlus find Europe on the map, maybe Sega could help them point it out this time.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dmboogie posted:

For those who are unaware, this is due to the game literally ending after marriage if you play as the girl, while the boy can continue indefinitely and have kids and all that good stuff. It took Harvest Moon a loooooong time to get the female character option right.

You gotta be squidding me

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mad Hamish posted:

In Animal Crossing you can dress in whatever the hell you want, although if a male buys female clothes Sable will get a little weird about it, from what I hear.

I love the Snooty villagers' reactions to you if you do this. They say "Well, it's [year] and boys can wear dresses," and they do the hands on hips sparkly pose. It's the best thing. :3:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Electric Phantasm posted:

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final coming over as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse this Summer.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/720639482974703616

edit: Here's a trailer from Atlus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oEjmBtRTA

Great, something I can expect in 2017.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rexroom posted:

Great, something I can expect in 2017.

Ah, someone's being an optimist.

Atlus USA is now Sega of America. They are in charge of all localizations of Sega properties in NA, as well as anything else Atlus USA may want to publish by themselves. Meanwhile, Sega of Europe let go of most of their staff like two years ago, ending most of the plans for Steam ports of older games and resulting in a skeleton staff that can't deal with retail and PEGI/USK certifications. Basically, we are very much hosed.

Currently confirmed not to come to Europe (and elsewhere called "PAL"): 7th Dragon III, Sega 3D Classics (retail), Project Diva X, Yakuza 0 (retail), SMTIV: Apocalypse, and King of Fighters XIV.

NISA may do 7th Dragon and SMTIV:AS. Rising Star may do KOFXIV. But it's all up in the air and quite a few will be lost in the shuffle.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

somebody help them

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
In news to absolutely no one the 3d on the new 3ds is amazing. Why is it that Nintendo keep having good ideas but only implementing them properly at the end of the console life cycle (see also, wii motion plus)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 3D was always good.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

homeless snail posted:

The 3D was always good.

Not really. Kinda had to tilt my head just perfectly to get the 3D working just right.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 15, 2016

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

homeless snail posted:

The 3D was always good.

It was always good when it worked. But now it always works. If you're like me and tend to move your head playing games like Mario kart then the difference is night and day

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

Currently confirmed not to come to Europe (and elsewhere called "PAL"): Sega 3D Classics (retail)

They haven't confirmed the digital version either, by the way.

The US version got shipped early, so if you're lucky you might be able to grab a copy now.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Seabhac posted:

In news to absolutely no one the 3d on the new 3ds is amazing. Why is it that Nintendo keep having good ideas but only implementing them properly at the end of the console life cycle (see also, wii motion plus)

Probably because the good tech to fully realize their ideas isn't feasible or cheap enough until the end of the cycle.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Seabhac posted:

I actually play games with the 3D on now, I played all of Shovel Knight in 3D. Just the stabilization and the fact that I can choose to view it from any distance I can reach makes this feasible and not just a novelty I switch on now and again to "see what it's like".

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Probably because the good tech to fully realize their ideas isn't feasible or cheap enough until the end of the cycle.

I know but both times they've had their hands on some really amazing ip and then totally hosed it by sending it out to market before its really usable. If the wii had good motion control and the 3ds had 3d that didn't require you to hold your head still like an owl I think Nintendo would still be a market leader in the console market

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The US version got shipped early, so if you're lucky you might be able to grab a copy now.

Wait what? Who and where got Sega 3d Classics early?

Also if anyone still gives a poo poo Wamdoodle was talking about these DS game cases. I have a few and they are indeed awesome, ship fast, and come from the UK. Plus they do have more colors if you browse around on Amazon I like the two tone ones myself.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

somebody help them

I'm going nuts for ESPer Kirby

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Seabhac posted:

I know but both times they've had their hands on some really amazing ip and then totally hosed it by sending it out to market before its really usable. If the wii had good motion control and the 3ds had 3d that didn't require you to hold your head still like an owl I think Nintendo would still be a market leader in the console market

The alternative was losing market share due to inactivity, which is probably a worse idea.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first trailer for Dragon Ball Fusions, the fanfiction RPG by Ganbarion (Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, Pandora's Tower):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTstud1EE18

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Here's the first trailer for Dragon Ball Fusions, the fanfiction RPG by Ganbarion (Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, Pandora's Tower):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTstud1EE18

Pandora's Tower was good and I'm hoping this is good too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

We already got the games digitally, unless you specifically mean the bonus games on the collection -- nobody got those digitally anywhere.

Also, this is one of the rare titles that don't work with the region-free hack, so it's pointless to import, sadly.

Seabhac posted:

Why is it that Nintendo keep having good ideas but only implementing them properly at the end of the console life cycle (see also, wii motion plus)

Is it that surprising that when you pioneer new technology, you don't get it right the first time? See everything else. It's very rare for anything to come out flawless the first time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

We already got the games digitally, unless you specifically mean the bonus games on the collection -- nobody got those digitally anywhere.

The compilation-exclusive games are not available individually but the compilations themselves are available digitally, but PAL-land isn't even getting that, it seems.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Really? Oh. Of course.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Saoshyant posted:

Ah, someone's being an optimist.

Atlus USA is now Sega of America. They are in charge of all localizations of Sega properties in NA, as well as anything else Atlus USA may want to publish by themselves. Meanwhile, Sega of Europe let go of most of their staff like two years ago, ending most of the plans for Steam ports of older games and resulting in a skeleton staff that can't deal with retail and PEGI/USK certifications. Basically, we are very much hosed.

Currently confirmed not to come to Europe (and elsewhere called "PAL"): 7th Dragon III, Sega 3D Classics (retail), Project Diva X, Yakuza 0 (retail), SMTIV: Apocalypse, and King of Fighters XIV.

NISA may do 7th Dragon and SMTIV:AS. Rising Star may do KOFXIV. But it's all up in the air and quite a few will be lost in the shuffle.
It's sad to say but this is why I recommend to people that they get an American 3DS and order all their games from VideoGamesPlus in Canada. Even with shipping games still work out cheaper than here in the UK when I do this, plus these sort of issues aren't a problem then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The badge rabbit has started selling badges of himself you can only get by buying plays

He is getting much too powerful and must be stopped

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does it let you stab him to death with the pin because I'd pay upwards of three dollars for that privilege.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Does it let you stab him to death with the pin because I'd pay upwards of three dollars for that privilege.

How rude.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

:psyduck:

Virtue's Last Inazuma Eleven

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The plot twist is that someone kicked a football ball so hard that it created those branches in reality. Tsubasa would be proud.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

So far the plot is that 200 years in the future superhumans evolved from awesome football players and some secret organization uses time-travelling football hit squad to erase all football from history and prevent the super people from emerging.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SelenicMartian posted:

So far the plot is that 200 years in the future superhumans evolved from awesome football players and some secret organization uses time-travelling football hit squad to erase all football from history and prevent the super people from emerging.

Please say the organization's name is a Skynet pun, or that they're all football-playing Terminators :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please say the organization's name is a Skynet pun, or that they're all football-playing Terminators :allears:

Just play the games, nerd. They're pretty cool. I need to get the newer ones.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

somebody help them

oh whoa i didn't even realize this was coming to 3DS, that's tight it looks good

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They are Terminator-ish so to counter them you have to do weird poo poo like fuse a character with a T-Rex or recruit Joan of Arc, who casts fire on enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZMaUdy74NA

I really need to get through the rest of the series and fight off the aliens in IE2 before getting into this one, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
TRU Canada has the Chibi-Robo Amiibo bundle for $15CAD: https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/721233/chibi-robo-amiibo

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TRU Canada has the Chibi-Robo Amiibo bundle for $15CAD: https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/721233/chibi-robo-amiibo

I wonder if this is just the death of the franchise. Since nintendo adamantly refused to acknowledge the original genre of the chibi robo games and put out this game that basically looks like chibi robo lazily pasted into the triple deluxe engine.

At least we have Planet Robobo bobo bobobot coming to save cute mascot games

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
I picked up VLR the other day and have a couple of fairly general questions. They probably don't need spoilers, but eh.

1: When you come to the end of a particular branch and can go back to earlier sections, is there any point in reading the novel sections which don't create a branch on the flow chart? Do the ones you've already seen ever change any dialogue after doing other things, or can you safely move on after seeing them once?

2: Is it still the case that you should never save in the escape sections to avoid crippling bugs, or has that been sorted?

Thanks

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Austen Tassletine posted:

I picked up VLR the other day and have a couple of fairly general questions. They probably don't need spoilers, but eh.

1: When you come to the end of a particular branch and can go back to earlier sections, is there any point in reading the novel sections which don't create a branch on the flow chart? Do the ones you've already seen ever change any dialogue after doing other things, or can you safely move on after seeing them once?

2: Is it still the case that you should never save in the escape sections to avoid crippling bugs, or has that been sorted?

Thanks

When replaying sections, you can fast forward dialogue until you need to make a choice or you see new dialogue. It'll stop for you.

If you bought it physical, don't save while doing a puzzle room. Save only during dialogue parts. The eShop version disables saving in those rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's basically a 0% chance that the US will ever get another Inazuma Eleven title right?

Why does Nintendo insist on sticking to retarded rear end region locking.