Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

That fix still doesn't bring the input lag down to where it was for Ultra Street Fighter IV or any other fighting game for that matter. I think the issue is decreasing the input lag after you've removed the vsync issues, that's where the engine rewrite issues come up.

Well I've tested it by feel a whole lot, and the the response from my controller seems to be as fast as I can possibly perceive, so however many frame that is but I could live with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

8 frames of input lag sucks and is bad, but I heard that the first time and the 9789123020983 other times and eventually it gets kind of annoying.

Like, look, I'm not saying that I want this thread to be a hugbox that waxes poetic about how wonderful SFV is and where criticism isn't allowed, because the game has some pretty major problems and Capcom hosed up big time. But this thread is kind of like the opposite extreme. Like, a happy medium would be a reasoned discussion but this thread is like in a state of constant flamewar. Like, it's cool to crack jokes making fun of the game, but the impression I get is that more often than not, people seem legitimately riled up here.

You seem riled up here

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

You seem riled up here

quit gettin mad at video games

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gammatron 64 posted:

8 frames of input lag sucks and is bad, but I heard that the first time and the 9789123020983 other times and eventually it gets kind of annoying.

Like, look, I'm not saying that I want this thread to be a hugbox that waxes poetic about how wonderful SFV is and where criticism isn't allowed, because the game has some pretty major problems and Capcom hosed up big time. But this thread is kind of like the opposite extreme. Like, a happy medium would be a reasoned discussion but this thread is like in a state of constant flamewar. Like, it's cool to crack jokes making fun of the game, but the impression I get is that more often than not, people seem legitimately riled up here.

I am not riled up at all. I make jokes about SFV because the things that are being discovered about it are loving hilarious. I'm not just talking about stuff everyone knows like 9 FRAMES. I'm talking about new and exciting things that are being discovered in real time like floating point inconsistencies and Alex allowing for literal time travel and Capcom not even acknowledging that any of this exists at all. A few hours ago they put up a tweet announcing that they would push a fix for ragequitting (a problem that was solved in SFIV) sometime this month, over two months after the release of the time, and that's a problem that they've actually bothered to acknowledge. Even if you love SFV and think it's the best game ever you have to admit that's worth a laugh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It is just kinda easy to make fun of SFV, while it is kinda hard to find someone mechanically interesting to say about the game. It is also easy to complain about Zand, as you yourself have proven.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
that's what zand wants

you already lost ggs bitch

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

AnonSpore posted:

A few hours ago they put up a tweet announcing that they would push a fix for ragequitting (a problem that was solved in SFIV)

Wait, what? I had enough people pull the plug on me in SF4 that I assumed they were doing it to save their points.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

AnonSpore posted:

I am not riled up at all. I make jokes about SFV because the things that are being discovered about it are loving hilarious. I'm not just talking about stuff everyone knows like 9 FRAMES. I'm talking about new and exciting things that are being discovered in real time like floating point inconsistencies and Alex allowing for literal time travel and Capcom not even acknowledging that any of this exists at all. A few hours ago they put up a tweet announcing that they would push a fix for ragequitting (a problem that was solved in SFIV) sometime this month, over two months after the release of the time, and that's a problem that they've actually bothered to acknowledge. Even if you love SFV and think it's the best game ever you have to admit that's worth a laugh.

Oh, for sure. The posts that poke fun at the game and how utterly broken it is are actually pretty entertaining.

It's weird though, because stuff like the Alex bug are funny, but they're also like, extremely embarrassing and depressing, too. Like, you can have heated arguments about character balance and how certain game mechanics ruin a game, yadda yadda yadda, but nobody can really deny that Capcom botched this game hardcore. They are so in over their heads.

Zand says there hasn't been a good SF game in over 20 years, but after SFV has run it's course, we probably won't see another Street Fighter game for about 20 years with how well this game is selling.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It seems like the general fighting game thread would be a better place to discuss how SF5's design is negatively impacting other fighting games, rather than a bunch of people only posting in this thread to go "SF5 is bad, Capcom more like Crapcom hyuk hyuk."

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh, for sure. The posts that poke fun at the game and how utterly broken it is are actually pretty entertaining.

It's weird though, because stuff like the Alex bug are funny, but they're also like, extremely embarrassing and depressing, too. Like, you can have heated arguments about character balance and how certain game mechanics ruin a game, yadda yadda yadda, but nobody can really deny that Capcom botched this game hardcore. They are so in over their heads.

Zand says there hasn't been a good SF game in over 20 years, but after SFV has run it's course, we probably won't see another Street Fighter game for about 20 years with how well this game is selling.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Street-Fighter-5-PC-Didn-t-Do-So-Hot-Its-First-Week-Sales-120897.html

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/22/street-fighter-5-number-2-uk-charts-black-ops-3-record/

http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/24/street-fighter-vs-first-week-sales-fail-to-match-street-fighter-ivs-in-japan/

casuals don't give a poo poo about this game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno, he's not wrong, Japanese developers traditionally don't give a gently caress about what anyone thinks and will make their game the way they want to make it, the desires of their consumers be damned. They really don't care what you have to say. You just have to vote with your wallet because that's what sends a message. If you don't like the game, don't buy it, don't buy the season pass, and trade in your copy if you already got it because if somebody buys it used, that's money Capcom isn't getting. Usually Japanese devs will only do a big 180 and listen is if you have a huge bomb on your hands like Final Fantasy XIV 1.0.

i can't vote with my wallet because this game is such a flaming pile they can't even get the money shop in

edit:

lol it didn't even beat xrd

Pomp fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 13, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

It seems like the general fighting game thread would be a better place to discuss how SF5's design is negatively impacting other fighting games, rather than a bunch of people only posting in this thread to go "SF5 is bad, Capcom more like Crapcom hyuk hyuk."

to be fair, what else is there to talk about
well i guess we could always go back to talking about burgers or jojos

or maybe dark souls?? hmm

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i personally think that the thread for a thing might be a good place to warn people away from buying the thing because it is bad

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Fereydun posted:

to be fair, what else is there to talk about
well i guess we could always go back to talking about burgers or jojos

or maybe dark souls?? hmm

hey tabs did you know dante was in smt: nocturne

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

of course a bunch of you already made the choice to support this pile of loving poo poo game despite being warned, again and again, ahead of time

so, thank you for more bad games

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

of course a bunch of you already made the choice to support this pile of loving poo poo game despite being warned, again and again, ahead of time

all you guys told us beta 1 was good :yarg:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was, please believe me

I am not the boy who cried good game

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

I voted with my wallet, and am glad I did

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
We have to keep Capcom alive long enough so that Ono can realize his dream of Nintendo vs. Capcom

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

NecroMonster posted:

This is going to be a good game

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Nintendo vs. Capcom would kick rear end.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

We have to keep Capcom alive long enough so that Ono can realize his dream of Nintendo vs. Capcom

They'd just give it to Dimps anyway.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Has sf4 had any huge NEGATIVE impact on any of the humongous amount of fighters that came between vanilla sf4 and sf5?

I'd personally say no. If anything, other games have had a negative impact on sf5 lol.

-lovely rollback is capcoms attempt at whoever had good rollback netcode (?) also this is bad but it isn't literally kof 13 unplayable so I can see the hyperbole there
-Monetizing is from the free to play and poo poo happening, dlc fighters worked out super well for MK and I'm guessing Ki's model seemed like something they could slap on after seeing KI.
Like it sounds dandy because 'lolz i can earn my dlc' but after seeing the game, it feels like we're just continuing to fund a game that was rushed out because capcom sniffed sony dollars. we can't change it though
-the miscellaneous glitches and missing normals etc is also due to the whiff of Sony money
-the only challenege mode in fg history I've completed for every character?
-Input lag, rush, rushed and un-optimized game.
-Shittier designs on some characters than others, rushed design.
-Other poo poo ~rushed game

This combined with Capcom trying to bring itself to MK levels of organization is likely whats causing this.

While its totally interesting to discuss, theres a clear distinction between just memeing and poo poo posting vs discussion,
also note, i really love both, so :shrug: get on with it and move on. This thread is slow as poo poo for a newer game anyhow.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

memeing and poo poo posting vs discussion

I consider myself a poo poo poster for sure, but there's a third category you missed of actual funny posts

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

man it's weird how the first beta gave people good impressions of the game and then all following betas burned those impressions at the stake

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Booyah- posted:

I consider myself a poo poo poster for sure, but there's a third category you missed of actual funny posts

I am the funniest poster

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SectumSempra posted:

Has sf4 had any huge NEGATIVE impact on any of the humongous amount of fighters that came between vanilla sf4 and sf5?

I'd personally say no. If anything, other games have had a negative impact on sf5 lol.

-lovely rollback is capcoms attempt at whoever had good rollback netcode (?) also this is bad but it isn't literally kof 13 unplayable so I can see the hyperbole there
-Monetizing is from the free to play and poo poo happening, dlc fighters worked out super well for MK and I'm guessing Ki's model seemed like something they could slap on after seeing KI.
Like it sounds dandy because 'lolz i can earn my dlc' but after seeing the game, it feels like we're just continuing to fund a game that was rushed out because capcom sniffed sony dollars. we can't change it though
-the miscellaneous glitches and missing normals etc is also due to the whiff of Sony money
-the only challenege mode in fg history I've completed for every character?
-Input lag, rush, rushed and un-optimized game.
-Shittier designs on some characters than others, rushed design.
-Other poo poo ~rushed game

This combined with Capcom trying to bring itself to MK levels of organization is likely whats causing this.

While its totally interesting to discuss, theres a clear distinction between just memeing and poo poo posting vs discussion,
also note, i really love both, so :shrug: get on with it and move on. This thread is slow as poo poo for a newer game anyhow.

It's a really weird view because you don't see that sort of bitching in other genres

Nobody is bitching about how Call of Duty is ruining FPS games for everyone, because if they did they'd (correctly) be called a crazy person.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

It's a really weird view because you don't see that sort of bitching in other genres

Nobody is bitching about how Call of Duty is ruining FPS games for everyone, because if they did they'd (correctly) be called a crazy person.

Uh, I see that a lot. Hell, I've seen people blame CoD for unrealistic sales numbers set by other companies too.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

CoD and Halo's success are exactly to blame for shooters becoming slow and boring actually.

I guess Counter-Strike's too on a long enough scale but CS is good and hard though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pomp posted:

CoD and Halo's success are exactly to blame for shooters becoming slow and boring actually.

Naw

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Srice posted:

I only brought it up because of Zand and it seemed reasonable until i thought about how much everyone bitched about sf4, and then were more accepting than average of pretty much all non capcom fighters inbetween sf4 and sf5.

(notably marvel 3, ultimate marvel 3 and Sf x Tk were the other capcom entries in that time frame so :stonklol: aside from UMVC3 they all made the SF4 MORE solid)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Despite some companies chasing that CoD money there are still interesting shooters being made

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The only shooters within the last several years that I would call "interesting" are Vanquish and SUPERHOT. Everything else just blends together for me

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

man it's weird how the first beta gave people good impressions of the game and then all following betas burned those impressions at the stake

It is weird, isn't it? Unfortunately for the masses, that's about when preorders were on sale prices and gave people access to the betas, so no, those people weren't warned time and time again. If anything, it's yet another indictment on preordering games, but as people pointed out in the thread around that time, too, "I'll play it anyway because it'll be the only thing with an active playerbase."

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

I know. It's selling like poo poo. When I said with how well it's doing there probably won't be another one after this. Companies don't typically stop making things that are successful and makes lots of money:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The only shooters within the last several years that I would call "interesting" are Vanquish and SUPERHOT. Everything else just blends together for me

Overwatch is legit cool and it's gonna be huge.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobojim posted:

It is weird, isn't it? Unfortunately for the masses, that's about when preorders were on sale prices and gave people access to the betas, so no, those people weren't warned time and time again. If anything, it's yet another indictment on preordering games, but as people pointed out in the thread around that time, too, "I'll play it anyway because it'll be the only thing with an active playerbase."

Jokes on you, those people are suckers

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Srice posted:

Overwatch is legit cool and it's gonna be huge.

Oh yeah I forgot about Overwatch. That looks really cool and I hope it does well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is overwatch going to be copying the hats too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Overwatch is wannabe TF2. It's okay if you like that kind of thing, but "huge" strikes me as... optimistic.