Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Here, have a cover since you people can't shut up about these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mordiceius posted:

Is Kirby: Triple Deluxe any good?
It's about 10 hours of Kirby magic if you go for the secret levels.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Cool

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Motto posted:

I thought Galaxy 2 had a decent number of challenging stages and comet variations.

I feel like Galaxy 2 was also the hardest Mario game of all time short of Lost Levels.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You'll get the password in another timeline. The only thing you need to know is to physically write it down yourself, as the game wont record it anywhere for you for come time to enter it in.

Who the gently caress physically writes down anything when playing on a 3DS

you have a stylus for a reason

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

general chaos posted:

That's almost as disappointing as Fantasy Life 2 being a mobile only remake.

Boy howdy am I still salty about that. Such a fun game. Someone said they were worried they were competing with Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life or something?

I purchased the DLC for Fantasy Life but don't think I ever got to it. I am pretty sure I beat the game - where do I go from there? I don't have any of the special currency skills and the like that were added.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Congrats to Emil on the second gig

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Saoshyant posted:

you people

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ragequit posted:

Boy howdy am I still salty about that. Such a fun game. Someone said they were worried they were competing with Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life or something?

I purchased the DLC for Fantasy Life but don't think I ever got to it. I am pretty sure I beat the game - where do I go from there? I don't have any of the special currency skills and the like that were added.

To access the DLC area, you have to be level 50 and be able to add Noelia and Yulia to your party. Once you fulfill these conditions, you talk to either Yulia, or the sleeping guy with the book in Pam's house. I forget which.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

What, no preorder bracelet/watch this time?

That we never saw either of in PAL regions :negative:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What, no preorder bracelet/watch this time?

That we never saw either of in PAL regions :negative:

About that...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/the_zero_time_dilemma_watch_goes_for_a_metallic_style

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

999 Days of Ruin

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

zolthorg posted:

999 Dark Conflict

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don't know if Nintendo is DOOMED or not

But if they are it should be for their region locking, holy poo poo

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I bought Stardew Valley right before my computer shat the bed, and now I'm kinda hankering for a good farm simulator. What DS/3DS games would you recommend besides Animal Crossing?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Momotaros posted:

I bought Stardew Valley right before my computer shat the bed, and now I'm kinda hankering for a good farm simulator. What DS/3DS games would you recommend besides Animal Crossing?

Rune Factory 4 seems to be the best choice but if you don't like the art style and/or combat then check out Story of Seasons.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Momotaros posted:

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Story of Seasons, and Rune Factory 4 are the farming games of note. If you like the RPG aspects of Stardew, go for RF. If you're like me and prefer the farming aspect, go for SoS.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

All 3DS games are region locked right? I have a hacked 3DS that has region locks removed, but when I put Bravely Default in, the game starts in Japanese (Japanese console). No other game I have does this.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Has there been a good Let's Play of Bravely Default? I tried looking around the forums and lparchive, but it doesn't seem like a goon has done one yet. I'm hoping someone tolerable has done one on youtube otherwise.

I quit during "that" part of the game, and it'd be nice to get a recap before I wrap it up and get cracking on the new one Friday.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FeralWraith posted:

Has there been a good Let's Play of Bravely Default? I tried looking around the forums and lparchive, but it doesn't seem like a goon has done one yet. I'm hoping someone tolerable has done one on youtube otherwise.

I quit during "that" part of the game, and it'd be nice to get a recap before I wrap it up and get cracking on the new one Friday.

If you just want a quick summary, there's a non-commentary vid series on it

HERE

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i wish we were playing as phi in zero time dilemma but i'm sure the new guys will be good too

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 13, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Is Kirby: Triple Deluxe any good?

you don't seem to be a fan of short and easy platformers but i think kirby triple deluxe is really fun and well designed for what it's trying to do

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Superstar-style Kirby games have always been make-your-own-challenge games but I think Triple Deluxe pushed that aspect further in both directions - if you're just playing for a clear then it really is easy but once you start playing challenge runs you really start to notice the zillion attack patterns each boss has, the ones you never saw before because everything dies in like ten seconds if you don't care about getting hit.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Should there be any hype for that Langrisser game that's coming out pretty soon?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

teraflame posted:

Should there be any hype for that Langrisser game that's coming out pretty soon?

I dunno, you tell us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Vhi3H9KgU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

teraflame posted:

I have not heard a single good thing about that game, not that many people even bothered to try it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame since Warsong (Langrisser 1) on the Genesis was a game me and my dad greatly enjoyed back when it was released. But at this point between it not being the proper people who did the games and Fire Emblem taking over for the fantasy strategy game genre, I don't really see the point. Especially when it looks like this.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Even beyond the graphics the Langrisser game sounds like an absolute trainwreck. Apparently most of the battles start by moving units turn by turn across stupidly huge maps that are all featureless because units just walk over cliffs and walls. And of course this makes any slow unit useless because they literally can't catch up on these huge fields.

Like, what the hell happened here?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Short answer: the core team that made the original Langrisser games is now at Atlus and the people who now own Langrisser and the other Masaya IP are indie-level devs, pretty much.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The original was more like Fire Emblem with unique leaders who can permadead, but the maps tend to be bigger as your units and the enemies have soldiers who surround them. If the leader dies, all units die, but you lose XP for that.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Aw that's sad to hear. I wonder why it was deemed worthy of a localization then. It has pretty bad user ratings even on its amazon.co.jp page.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

teraflame posted:

Aw that's sad to hear. I wonder why it was deemed worthy of a localization then. It has pretty bad user ratings even on its amazon.co.jp page.

Smaller publishers need to publish x games per year to bring in money and they don't always have a lot to choose from.

Maybe the developers will attempt to fix the game during localisation, who knows.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

teraflame posted:

Localization is usually decided before the game's finished nowadays.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Momotaros posted:

Download Harvest Moon 3 for GBC, it is surprisingly full-featured, and holds up pretty well if you don't mind GB graphics. It's farming, on an island with no stores, so you have to ferry to the mainland on certain days to acquire seeds and all that. The romance is not a huge focus in the game either; the farming mechanics and building up your house are central.

Just remember to play as the boy.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It sucks that the Wii an entire generation ago had a working digital gifting system but no console since then bothered with it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

It sucks that the Wii an entire generation ago had a working digital gifting system but no console since then bothered with it.

The literal insanity that is Nintendo's digital distribution.

There is a small workaround though, you can buy codes for games off nintendo.com and give those codes to your friends.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can buy codes for select games but it's pretty much all first-party stuff and not even the entire library, just whatever they feel deserves a code.

The Wii gifting thing was country-locked so I never actually used it.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
There's no gifting options and no shopping cart and virtually no sales ever. Steam has spoiled me in that aspect and now I can't seem to be bothered to buy anything from Nintendo's store even when there is a decent sale on something I want.

Wooly World is cool, though. Just got that and loving the slide guitar in the soundtrack.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spellman posted:

Download Harvest Moon 3 for GBC, it is surprisingly full-featured, and holds up pretty well if you don't mind GB graphics. It's farming, on an island with no stores, so you have to ferry to the mainland on certain days to acquire seeds and all that. The romance is not a huge focus in the game either; the farming mechanics and building up your house are central.

Just remember to play as the boy.

For those who are unaware, this is due to the game literally ending after marriage if you play as the girl, while the boy can continue indefinitely and have kids and all that good stuff. It took Harvest Moon a loooooong time to get the female character option right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

dmboogie posted:

For those who are unaware, this is due to the game literally ending after marriage if you play as the girl, while the boy can continue indefinitely and have kids and all that good stuff. It took Harvest Moon a loooooong time to get the female character option right.

Holy loving poo poo