Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Gravity_Storm posted:

So if SC is a scam then it looks like Derek was right huh? So your problem with him sounds like it just doesn't add up.

PLUS Derek has nothing to do with the latest Ben sensor ironically.

You are here to shill for CIG, whether you work for them or not that is what you are doing.

I haven't even mentioned CIG how can I be shilling for them? It's weird how I get associated with something just by being in the general vicinity (posting in a Star Citizen thread) yet Derek can have a nice warm conversation with a known racist and not have that brush up on his image. Come on everyone here makes fun of Money, that he's some kind of token, this and that. What about Derek? He's a token for the Gamergate movement and appears on their webinars yet Derek Smart doesn't get talked about like Money. Why not?

Hey and if supposedly Derek didn't find out this info on Ben and he's just hanging around being visible but not actually doing anything then he's Money all the more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

STIMSIS posted:

Derek is anti-social justice warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose. Now Derek wants to use the social justice warrior play book and attack Ben Lesnick for racism. It's hypocritical. I linked that quote from Ben on purpose, how he wanted to hate crime Freddie Prince Jr. Ben Lesnick has devoted his life to Wing Commander and even got a tattoo the same as the movie. But even he can realize Freddie Prince Jr was awful in the movie and could make fun of him.

What about goons with Derek? Derek goes on a racist's show and now wants to scream racism? Hypocrisy much? If goons won't hate crime Derek than can we say we are better than the cult like Shitizens?

Literally no one cares about your :reddit: bullshit.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 17, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

STIMSIS posted:

I haven't even mentioned CIG how can I be shilling for them? It's weird how I get associated with something just by being in the general vicinity (posting in a Star Citizen thread) yet Derek can have a nice warm conversation with a known racist and not have that brush up on his image. Come on everyone here makes fun of Money, that he's some kind of token, this and that. What about Derek? He's a token for the Gamergate movement and appears on their webinars yet Derek Smart doesn't get talked about like Money. Why not?

Hey and if supposedly Derek didn't find out this info on Ben and he's just hanging around being visible but not actually doing anything then he's Money all the more

Not going to lie, Ben Lesnick's done wrong by a lot of people and no small number of goons in this thread were here to watch it happen. Ben's old blog just shows that he's always been this terrible, and it was folly to assume he would act as a decent human being when given even a sliver of inconsequential power such as that of being an internet community manager.

Writing a rambling rant about Derek Smart and Vox Day isn't going to change that, and the timing is going to make you look suspicious either way.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Azram Legion posted:

Why are you all responding in exactly the way the person behind the STIMSIS account wants? Why are you feeling threatened by what is obviously either a joke or a troll? Just ignore whatever they post or have fun with it...

I have fun calling them a retard. Does that count?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

hakimashou posted:

Literally no one cares about your Reddit bullshit.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

STIMSIS posted:

This post reeks of racism

Please leave racist

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

If you think I work for CIG you're crazy. I don't have a dime invested in Star Citizen and agree that it is a scam. What I don't like and what brought me to post is that hero worship of Derek. Derek hangs out with racists and his friends don't care. Now somebody that Derek doesn't like is exposed as a racist and Derek's friends care about racism all of a sudden. It's stupid to me. All this talk about how Ben should lose his job. DEREK SHOULD LOSE THE OP. HE DOESN'T EVEN UPDATE IT!!

Uh, we thoroughly called out Derek for hanging out with Garbage Idiot Vox Day back when that happened. We've always mocked Derek Smart for his bullshit, but acknowledged him for bringing the content and entertaining us.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you're one of those guys who call people 'SJWs'

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Turd Burglar posted:

I have fun calling them a retard. Does that count?

If you have fun doing that, then full speed ahead!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

There is no supposedly; he literally posted about it hours after the story broke.

Also lol at you implying we let Derek post in this thread so we can have some sort of "token" or that we're gamergaters.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 17, 2016

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Ag Bengip posted:

Uh, we thoroughly called out Derek for hanging out with Garbage Idiot Vox Day back when that happened. We've always mocked Derek Smart for his bullshit, but acknowledged him for bringing the content and entertaining us.

Psychologists call the opposite of this "splitting".

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Mendrian posted:

Tell me more about the racist's show.

It's not a show it's a webinar and it's not archived anywhere so how the gently caress can one talk about it? You can register for new ones but old ones disappear. It's hosted by Vox Day, that rear end in a top hat who tried to hijack the Hugo's so that minority and female writers weren't included for awards. Vox Day doesn't even like women and minorities as characters in sci-fi. yet here come the goons to protest on the cig forums in defense of women gamers WHICH I APPLAUD, but why not critize Derek who pisses all over these efforts by associating with Vox Day?

Goons stand up for women, fight against racism. Derek doesn't. He's a Money yet doesn't get talked about the same way. That's what I'm posting about this Sunday morning but people would rather call me loving retarded. No, I just have a well developed sense of principal. Something that is lacking in this thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Azram Legion posted:

Why are you all responding in exactly the way the person behind the STIMSIS account wants? Why are you feeling threatened by what is obviously either a joke or a troll? Just ignore whatever they post or have fun with it...

I remember when people were hoping Fuzzy Modem was a troll. Kinda wish the poor guy actually was one.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

STIMSIS posted:

Ben-Ghazi is sad proof that humanity is doomed because we too easily allow ourselves to be led to hate. Derek Smart, self-proclaimed old-school internet warlord is leading the charge on this hate offensive and I wonder how he can get anyone to enlist? This is the same Derek Smart who appeared with Vox Day on a webinar.

Vox Day, if you don't know, is a racist misogynist filth lord by the name of Theodore Beale whose only claim to fame is being kicked out of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America for trying to hijack the Hugos to include more right-wing writers and suppress female and minority writers.

Vox Day wrote a book, “SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police” yet here is Derek Smart leading a thought police campaign against Ben Lesnick for racism. Bah! Derek Smart will gladly sit down and talk nice with racists if they stroke his ego. Ben Lesnick doesn't; he can't!; look at those tiny T-rex arms, they're barely serviceable for basic hygiene, how's Ben gonna jerk off Derek's massive ego-cock?

You know what's the really sad part. I can't link to that Vox Day webinar that Derek was on. Let's hear Derek himself explain it:

Yet, I can read all of Ben Lesnick's poo poo FROM YEARS AGO!!! Ben Lesnick, whose job it is to censor people, has more content posted than the “free-speech” proponents Derek Smart and Vox Day?! Ben Lesnick even has a link to the original usenet thread where his Wing Commander guild formed. Sure, the page containing the link holds this gem:

"Loaf" is one of the Tiger Claw pilots in Peter Telep's Pilgrim Truth. For much of the book I'm suspected of beating Freddie Prinze Jr. with a pipe in a hate crime, but it eventually turns out I didn't. So, it's not really true to life.”

but at least Ben Lesnick acknowledges the existence of hate crimes. I can't say the same for Vox Day!

I think what's happening now is a release of anger that has been suppressed for far too long. Derek's decision to go on Vox Day was not popular:

Derek's response

“Yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story?” he said. Ha! As if the gaming press was falling all over itself to speak with Derek, because on April 14th Mr. Smart was like, “So, to all you “media” who now want to talk, here is my response: F*CK YOU.”

Ben-Ghazi happens and now Derek is all about, “I'm writing a blog. Then I'm going to send it over to @BreitbartNews and @BreitbartTech with everything wrapped up in a nice package.”

Please don't let Derek get away with this bullshit. Derek's playing both sides of the retarded coin on this one and he must be punished. Derek doesn't even have the god drat courtesy to update the OP when he's calling for someone's job!

DOWN WITH DEREK!

UP WITH GORF FOR OP!!!

I just wanted to let you know I didnt read any of this.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
E; eh forget it

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Einbauschrank posted:

I don't mind making fun of him in this forum. I mind trying to destroy his livelihood and framework that offers him some kind of stability. Ben being employed and experiencing some kind of recogition for his job makes him a more stable person and therefore less likely harm to himself or anybody else, though he certainly is killing himself with his lifestyle

I appreciate what you're trying to say here (probably because I'm a mega schizoid) but I have to laugh at the thought that crippling job stress that we all agree is visibly killing him is stability. Hell, losing his job might save his life, you really can't predict that. I agree angry righteous mobs are bad and dumb though

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Let's be frank, assuming someone's just trolling is giving them the most flattering benefit of the doubt because the alternative is actually really embarrassing

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

It's not a show it's a webinar and it's not archived anywhere so how the gently caress can one talk about it? You can register for new ones but old ones disappear. It's hosted by Vox Day, that rear end in a top hat who tried to hijack the Hugo's so that minority and female writers weren't included for awards. Vox Day doesn't even like women and minorities as characters in sci-fi. yet here come the goons to protest on the cig forums in defense of women gamers WHICH I APPLAUD, but why not critize Derek who pisses all over these efforts by associating with Vox Day?

Goons stand up for women, fight against racism. Derek doesn't. He's a Money yet doesn't get talked about the same way. That's what I'm posting about this Sunday morning but people would rather call me loving retarded. No, I just have a well developed sense of principal. Something that is lacking in this thread.

Listen, realtalk time: I have no idea what you're talking about. You're rambling.

So you're saying Derek once shared a digital stage with a known racist and therefore shares all views and connections with said racist (Vox Day)?

If you can't tell me what he said how am I supposed to make a snap judgement. Think man!

EDIT: Once again, being near somebody with bad views doesn't automatically infect you with bad views. I have no idea who Vox Day is. I have no idea what his webinars are like. I have no idea how being in one of those webinars paints a person. If every webinar is titled like, "If you have tits you can't be a gamer" than yeah maybe but I need deets or you're just using this as a platform to air your laundry.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

STIMSIS posted:

It's not a show it's a webinar and it's not archived anywhere so how the gently caress can one talk about it? You can register for new ones but old ones disappear. It's hosted by Vox Day, that rear end in a top hat who tried to hijack the Hugo's so that minority and female writers were included for awards. Vox Day doesn't even like women and minorites as characters in sci-fi. yet here come the goons to harrass on the cig forums in defense of women gamers WHICH I APPLAUD, but why not critize Derek who pisses all over these efforts by associating with Vox Day?

Literally no one on these forums supported Derek's decision to go on that show you idiot. How many times are you going to ignore the fact that we laugh at Derek when he does dumb poo poo and he's already been run off the forums before for his dumb poo poo

You're retarded

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

STIMSIS posted:

WHICH SHIPS DO YOU HAVE?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

STIMSIS posted:

:reddit:

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Ag Bengip posted:

EDIT: Oh, I see, you're one of those guys who call people 'SJWs'

I'm just using the language of Vox Day to prove a point. I call people people and I respect all people. Derek doesn't. He hangs out with racists. And if Ben should be fired for being a racist, shouldn't work at a school if he's a pedo. How bout Derek isn't OP if he's too busy writing nice packages for Breitbart instead of updating the OP?

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Boy, there sure a lot of new accounts posting long, unfunny meltdown posts lately.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I remember when people were hoping Fuzzy Modem was a troll. Kinda wish the poor guy actually was one.

Yeah, that would have been an easier truth to bear, just as it would be easier to view Ben as a despicable irredeemable person, rather than as a completely broken person clinging to a lie. I guess you could say that Fuzzy Modem is Ben-lite, both in behavior and mass.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

STIMSIS posted:

Yeah you really need to roll back in the thread about 600 million miles and see how much we yelled at derek about this. Then keep rolling right out the door and back to reddit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

News flash reddit and a couple of vocal people and several non-vocal people on this website not everyone was a absolute pile of poo poo I'm their youth. Not even most people. This sort of edgy arrogance is typical entirely of your unpopular, suburban nerd and his gross friends and extremely wrong-headed view of the world.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

food right?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

STIMSIS posted:

DEREK SHOULD LOSE THE OP. HE DOESN'T EVEN UPDATE IT!!

Stupid newbie advises... lurk more.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
Also, I'm probably just jealous that I posted a long, rambling post about Ben and then everyone ignored it because of someone who is either a gimmick or in the middle of a breakdown.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

STIMSIS posted:

I'm just using the language of Vox Day to prove a point. I call people people and I respect all people. Derek doesn't. He hangs out with racists. And if Ben should be fired for being a racist, shouldn't work at a school if he's a pedo. How bout Derek isn't OP if he's too busy writing nice packages for Breitbart instead of updating the OP?

Sure you do.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

Are you really equivocating writing pedo poo poo while working at a school with posting on a comedy forum?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Azram Legion posted:

Also, I'm probably just jealous that I posted a long, rambling post about Ben and then everyone ignored it because of someone who is either a gimmick or in the middle of a breakdown.

You could always try having a long gimmicky meltdown about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BadOptics posted:

Are you really equivocating writing pedo poo poo while working at a school with posting on a comedy forum?

Honestly if anyone had leaked those posts to the school he was working on he would have been fired on the spot.

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Yeah you really need to roll back in the thread about 600 million miles and see how much we yelled at derek about this. Then keep rolling right out the door and back to reddit.

Nu uh Derek wasn't yelled at. It was like a fart someone posted before. You goons are being hypocritical and are allowing someone who would rather make a nice package for Breitbart then update your OP. Derek shouldn't be the OP is all I'm saying. Laugh at what's funny. Condemn what's evil But do so fairly. If Ben should face this consequences I'm seeing people write about how come Derek gets to keep his position of OP? He doesn't even do the research, just uploads it to his Twitter. Why not update the OP if he's just gonna take other people's work and rewrite it? No, Derek is gonna write a book you see, can't be bothered to update the OP.

Yeah this thread does stretch 600 million miles, It would be nice if there was an OP who would document it on THIS SITE, instead of taking all the comedy gold generated here and posting it elsewhere.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

STIMSIS posted:

Look :reddit: you aren't supposed to have a meltdown like this as your first post.

I don't know how to put it more clearly than this: no one cares at all about the stuff you're saying.

Derek Smart is a legit Internet Hero and he saved goons and many other people thousands and thousands of dollars, tens of thousands, maybe even a hundred thousand dollars. He's lead the charge tirelessly and fearlessly against these friends of yours and no amount of repeating "but he was on the thing with the guy that one time guys guys he was on the thing with the guy he was on the thing but what about the thing but what about the time with the guy :reddit: :reddit: :reddit: is going to diminish anyone's opinion of him.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly if anyone had leaked those posts to the school he was working on he would have been fired on the spot.

Exactly; but to be honest any sane company would drop you in an instant as well. That's not even going into being the literal face of your org.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

STIMSIS posted:

Nu uh Derek wasn't yelled at. It was like a fart someone posted before. You goons are being hypocritical and are allowing someone who would rather make a nice package for Breitbart then update your OP. Derek shouldn't be the OP is all I'm saying. Laugh at what's funny. Condemn what's evil But do so fairly. If Ben should face this consequences I'm seeing people write about how come Derek gets to keep his position of OP? He doesn't even do the research, just uploads it to his Twitter. Why not update the OP if he's just gonna take other people's work and rewrite it? No, Derek is gonna write a book you see, can't be bothered to update the OP.

Yeah this thread does stretch 600 million miles, It would be nice if there was an OP who would document it on THIS SITE, instead of taking all the comedy gold generated here and posting it elsewhere.

I'd rather he make a nice package for breitbart than update the OP. I'm glad of it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azram Legion posted:

To be fair: I think you have valid points about Ben. And most other people will agree with you. But he is part of a system that IS harming vulnerable people. Even though he''s probably psychologically trapped in this position and lacks the willpower to face the conequences of doing something against it. Wether or not the lack of willpower is his fault or not is a very philosphical thing to debate. Without knowing him personally and stuff.

Azram Legion posted:

I can't stand Ben, but it is impossible for me not to feel intense pity for him at the same time. We are talking about a guy who started seeing himself as an undesirable loaf - an eternal outcast - in his childhood. Someone who genuinely does not believe he is a worthwhile being, and tries to hide it behind the weakest, most fragile superiority complex imaginable. His weight has gone up by that of a fully grown human since he started working at CIG, and his boss will constantly make mean-spirited jokes about it in front of the only group of people that actually respect him (because they themselves are lesser versions of him).

Ben Lesnick had a choice, once, of bettering himself, but he has spent so many years just giving up, that actual progress now requires a complete breakdown. His Wing Commander fetish is the clearest example of this: He knows that his life choices mark him as immature and unable to deal with adult life, but instead of accepting this part of himself, or trying to develop past it, he constantly wears it on his sleeve. "Look at me! I am the biggest nerd with the most ludicrous fixation in the world! I am stuck in my early teens!" or "Look at me! I'm so fat that I am disabled, and I pretend to find it funny when my skellington-thin boss makes fun of me for it in front of thousands!" In CIG he has found a work-environment so dysfunctional that his colleagues have to pretend that the symptoms of his horrendous emotional issues are actually cool and good - "Wow! That's a cool tattoo, Ben!" said no one in the world with sincerity.

He is slowly killing himself and his boss and his "fans" clap their hands and ask him to die faster, and he is almost - almost - capable of convincing himself that he is in on the fun, rather than the source of it. If he starts questioning his current position in life, then he has to question so much - every significant choice he has made in his life, his entire identity. Same thing if he questions his past, since every decision he has made since his early childhood is so heavily colored by his unfortunate circumstances, and his poor response to them. To be clear - those poor responses aren't his fault, because he was never taught how to reasonably and constructively respond to things. All he has learned is that he is a big, fat victim, and the only way for him not to be a victim is to find a group of people he can lord over, and then lord with all his pathetic might.

Look at that picture. Sitting at that table are:

- His boss, who will constantly make fun of him for his disability and tempt him into making it worse, while pretending this is fun! (if a company did something similar here in Denmark, that company would be hounded by politicians and the media for months)

- His idol, who he has long ago subconsciously realized is nowhere near the genius that he needs to be for Ben's obsession with him to be justified.

- His wife, who obviously has her own emotional issues (and who will enable him in his race for a heart attack, just as he undoubtedly enables her in private)

- His co-workers, who range from being similarly socially-disabled and therefore sympathetic (Toast), over actively disliking him for bringing up embarrassing but innocent mistakes in public (Lando), to probably feeling slightly awkward around him given how much racist stuff he has written in the past (Justin - is that his name?).

These are the people he celebrates his birthday with. This is his social circle in its entirety, outside of other Wing Commander obsessed misfits online. His bosses said "Ben, we are celebrating your birthday today! Remember to thank me on twitter!" and Ben is left with the following choice: Either accept that his dream-life is (and probably always was and would be) a living nightmare, or pretend that this is all really cool and good, and that he WANTS to celebrate his birthday with these people, and that there is nothing self-destructive about eating until he dies.

Pity the man, for he is lost in a hell that he himself has created, and he does not know how to redeem himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

I don't know what you mean, you appeared to have the wrong impression about something that happened ages ago. I politely tried to help you out, you then posted something of mine from 2014 that I assume you also misunderstood, as why else would you do that. I wasn't trying to annoy you or make fun of you, initially at least.
Nah, there's really no misunderstanding or annoyance, I just found that quote funny years later and devoid of context especially since you were the one to reply. Even the initial post about being jumped was in jest. Nothing that happens on this forum will ever give me anything but joy, if I wasn't having fun I wouldn't be reading let alone posting.

Well, I guess the past couple hundred/thousand posts have been more shock and disgust than joy. Why Ben? Why?

• Locked thread