Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hopefully Daum does something about it, because if node wars come out and you are having people winning 1 vs 25 battles, they are going to lose a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Twilight Matrix posted:

if you dont enjoy the game i highly recommend not playing it

You both have a point.

There are other games out there to do level playing field pvp (wow just took a big step in that direction, ironically). But we all love this game, because it has such a wonderfully unique take on literally everything else. It would be nice if we could step into pvp as seamlessly (and as potentially casually) as you can any other aspect of the game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Hopefully Daum does something about it, because if node wars come out and you are having people winning 1 vs 25 battles, they are going to lose a lot of people.
It's not as dire in territorial PvP.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

lewtt posted:

grats glug, proud owner of a 24 hour suspension for loitering outside a safe zone after pvp and dying for it

Lies. I was riding a horse back to calph to hit my bed while I ran out to pick up my kids, like I said. :P
And I jumped off my horse to fight like a man. The only man who came with his poo poo pvp "skills" and mediocre gear to answer the call from Lewtt.

:colbert:

ps hyc are you still 45 I want to know how sad I am

glug fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 18, 2016

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Chewbot posted:

In all honesty, it's probably true that since I only have maybe 20 hours/week I shouldn't be playing this game.

Sucks for me.

Eh, I have probably around the same amount of time, I think that's plenty. My gear is good, not great and I enjoy pvp. Lewtt murders people in PvP and his gear isn't great either. My goal is to just have gear that is good enough, and understand that I will get rolled by some people with much better gear.

Getting a couple Witch Earrings and Mark of Shadow/Outlaw Ring? Fine. Trying to Duo them? gently caress that.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Which is the most active goon server, Edan or otherwise?

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

Orwen

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
It isn't particularly hard to get good gear (+15 everything, solid accessories), just time consuming. After that it becomes exponentially harder to get gear increases, as you pri -> duo -> tri accessories (and eventually +16 and beyond gear). The gear disparity will decrease over time, it's just more noticeable now because it's stacked 55s vs sub-55s with low enchanted gear. Nobody is going to be 1v25ing anyone, and 1v5+ing becomes far less likely as more people catch up to a baseline gear level.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

glug posted:

Lies. I was riding a horse back to calph to hit my bed while I ran out to pick up my kids, like I said. :P
And I jumped off my horse to fight like a man. The only man who came with his poo poo pvp "skills" and mediocre gear to answer the call from Lewtt.

:colbert:

ps hyc are you still 45 I want to know how sad I am

i am 50

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Clocks posted:

Finally got a few tier 4 horses up to 25. First breeding:

Ugliest t5 horse award (also the slowest). It's a female though, which is nice. Breeding protip: you know how you can only put up a horse on the breeding market once every 6 hours? Yeah, change channels and put up horses as much as you want. Breeding #2 is on the way, then I'll exchange one of the pairs. :)

Update:

Two more t6 males, both actually cows :confuoot:

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

at least you'll never lose them...

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

ZHamburglar posted:

Which is the most active goon server, Edan or otherwise?

Orwen is home to Goontang and ParksandRec, Edan is home to Starfleet Dental, and Uno is a safe space.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Probad posted:

Orwen is home to Goontang and ParksandRec, Edan is home to Starfleet Dental, and Uno is a safe space.

not really. bobfrommarketing plays on uno

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
When will the update actually happen on Wednesday?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lewtt posted:

not really. bobfrommarketing plays on uno

You're safe as long as you aren't an icelandic teenage girl.

Norska
Apr 30, 2008
2 days in, game is best Farmville sequel.

Should I ever care about lanterns or can I keep vendoring/destroying them? I understand they just debuff night enemies or... something.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

they're also useful for seeing poo poo

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Agreeable Badger posted:

It isn't particularly hard to get good gear (+15 everything, solid accessories), just time consuming. After that it becomes exponentially harder to get gear increases, as you pri -> duo -> tri accessories (and eventually +16 and beyond gear). The gear disparity will decrease over time, it's just more noticeable now because it's stacked 55s vs sub-55s with low enchanted gear. Nobody is going to be 1v25ing anyone, and 1v5+ing becomes far less likely as more people catch up to a baseline gear level.

I hope you understand this is based in the notion that the game will have very few to no new players coming in, and I hope you understand why this isn't a good thing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Banged this out. Enjoy.

Marking Snowball:
1x Magic Crystal - Vision
1x Oil of Storms
1x Herbal Gunpowder
5x Sticky Liquid
5x Black Stone Powder

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

Clocks posted:

Update:

Two more t6 males, both actually cows :confuoot:

Painted horses are majestic. :colbert:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

kalstrams posted:

It's not as dire in territorial PvP.

Why not? Are there mechanics they put in place for it to balance the effect of gear?

ALSO: Weird poo poo like sticky liquid actually has uses?

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 19, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Derrio posted:

Painted horses are majestic. :colbert:

If only horses weren't so stupid IRL

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyWlyqS-TQ

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Now I really can be Lu Bu

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This has probably been asked before but what's the functional difference between plum and blader? Which one has a better awakening?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stanley Pain posted:

This has probably been asked before but what's the functional difference between plum and blader? Which one has a better awakening?

Anecdotally, I've read that Musa is more single target and Maewa is more AOE. How much? Who knows.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DancingShade posted:

Anecdotally, I've read that Musa is more single target and Maewa is more AOE. How much? Who knows.

This but in English please. :shobon:

Norska
Apr 30, 2008
why does it take 20 seconds to skin a weasel

Stanley Pain posted:

This but in English please. :shobon:

Musa = Blader, Maewa = Plum

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gathering III guild buff best buff

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Norska posted:

Musa = Blader, Maewa = Plum

Having played Blader and Plum, I much prefer the Blader. Especially PVP

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Awakening skills or awakening weapon? We should be getting their teasers soon but no one really knows how they work yet. It looks like the blader will have more reach and Im assuming aoe since his core kit is already more aoe focused. Plum has a more single target focus, so it would be intersting if they switch it around so she has more aoe or they keep focusing it on 1v1

Haha the video is already posted in steparu actually. Yeah ita a mass pvp oriented weapon. Lots of aoe range, even has a very long range proyectile

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 19, 2016

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

Norska posted:

not to mention you just kinda stab at it for that time, would be some rough meat

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Does anyone remember when Mediah went live? Was it later in the day in the US?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

DancingShade posted:

You got it backwards

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, Musa has more aoe on demand, even if the big burst of it is on cooldown he can keep spamming the attack for reduced damage. On the other hand, maehwa's aoe are bursty but hers have hard cooldowns.

the poopers videos on youtube are pretty comprehensive with the differences between the two. Honestly if you want to be sure you are picking the "right" one between the two right now then you should pick Musa. His awakening seems really solid.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I hope you understand this is based in the notion that the game will have very few to no new players coming in, and I hope you understand why this isn't a good thing.

It isn't based on that? My point is that it becomes very, very difficult to obtain minor upgrades once you get to a certain, relatively easy to get to gear level. This isn't a bad thing for new players, and is actually a good thing for them. I hope you understand this.

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 19, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Agreeable Badger posted:

It isn't based on that? My point is that it becomes very, very difficult to obtain minor upgrades once you get to a certain, relatively easy to get to gear level. This isn't a bad thing for new players, and is actually a good thing for them. I hope you understand this.

The problem is that the "Very very difficult" to obtain upgrades are no deterrent to people that can no-life the game. No matter how difficult the steps are, they will get there. You are just creating a gulf thats harder and harder to actually reach.

And the differences aren't insignificant. They might look insignificant on paper but when applied to the game you'll have the cases of a single person wrecking entire groups.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Like how do you even deal with that tri ogre ring bullshit? 24AP is pretty loving huge. I'm hoping that I can just stack so much DP and damage resistance that people just get bored and go away.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

bring friends and pin his rear end down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

bring friends and pin his rear end down

Big Bo got to learn about this one neat trick the other day :D