Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

f16 is a smaller plane than f15 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

f16 is a smaller plane than f15 right?

Quite a bit, yes. Single seat, single engine, single tail fin vs. dual for all that. An f16 is drat near half the plane of an F15.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

they have to be gief accessible in sf world

Nah, he flies a Fulcrum. I think it might be one of those oversized replicas they use for demonstration - I know these exist, because I read about them in a Beetle Bailey strip once.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
everyone needs to be able to fit their hands into it

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pomp posted:

everyone needs to be able to fit their hands into it

Master Hand is a smash bros character, and even that could fit in the one in Guile's SFV stage!

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I guess I was wrong about calling it an F-15, but the F-16 only has a single tail

They wouldn't make up a fake lie aeroplane for their video game, would they

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

The only bad thing about training stage is the music, I think it's dumb to celebrate not being able to play on a stable stage, instead risking framedrops at random.

By the way, no news on DirectInput support or character music in local versus, huh?

team was thinking about doing it soonish 2 months ago http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405691491125743363/

heres a bonus post encouraging you to post constructive criticism of the game so that they can be made aware of issues. although this didnt work for 8 months of the beta with lack of directinput support lol http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405692224222506581/#c405692224222553683

Zand fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 18, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ag Bengip posted:

I guess I was wrong about calling it an F-15, but the F-16 only has a single tail

They wouldn't make up a fake lie aeroplane for their video game, would they

Its an F16 in every detail except size and dual tail.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So I've been maining Cammy and it's been working out. I can handle pretty much any "typical" situation. My only major problem is I can't reliably combo and a spiral kick into a blocking opponent is pretty much insta death.

But I really want to play Birdie, I think. I want someone who doesn't need to hit a huge combo in order to do a decent chunk, with a pleasantly comfortable window of hit confirm. I used to play Zangief bcz he had great punishes that werent combos but god I hate getting zoned out with him.

What should birdie do when someone's trying to cross him up? (jump kick from close to hit behind thing)

Also guile lookin good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dias posted:

The only bad thing about training stage is the music, I think it's dumb to celebrate not being able to play on a stable stage, instead risking framedrops at random.

By the way, no news on DirectInput support or character music in local versus, huh?

It's a boring looking stage, it looks like a debug room.

A good compromise would be to pick the stable stages that aren't dull as hell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

It's a boring looking stage, it looks like a debug room.

A good compromise would be to pick the stable stages that aren't dull as hell.

the best compromise would be capcom getting their poo poo together

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pomp posted:

the best compromise would be capcom getting their poo poo together

:salt:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Guile's stage, Honda's bathhouse, Sodom's Kabuki Trucker and Chun's stage with all the bikes are classics

Dishonorable mention: Birdie's toilet

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Why was ken's stage in SFA in the French Quarter, anyhow?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Underrated classic IMHO.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Help Im Alive posted:

The rage quit solution thing is kind of disappointing, would it really be that hard to just change it so that disconnecting makes you lose points?

Like that's probably all it would take to stop people

It'd probably require *at least* both losing points + getting tempbanned from ranked with increasing severity for repeat offenders (maybe only lose points for the first offense), kinda like DOTA2 but without the low priority queue. Based on the patch notes it sounds like they're literally just going to check for overall disconnect rate which is a terrible metric.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Why was ken's stage in SFA in the French Quarter, anyhow?

ambushed on his way for crawdads

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

Guile's stage, Honda's bathhouse, Sodom's Kabuki Trucker and Chun's stage with all the bikes are classics

also SFA australia stage

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dig Mika's wrestly beach from SFA3, Tiananmen Square and Sakura's school from SFEX

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
sodom 's big rig truck stop

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Sodom's Big Rig Fiesta, Ken's Capcom Cameo Birthday Party and Sakura's backyard are peak Alpha series stages.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Yay guile. Exciting.

:effort:

well one down another to go. May is balrog then?

couldn't they have put any interesting characters towards the front half?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

Yay guile. Exciting.

no they want people to spend all their free fm on boring characters so they have to buy in for urien
hype for gweelay and rog though

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

SectumSempra posted:

Yay guile. Exciting.

Frustrating people into making dumb mistake into dumb jump into another dumb mistake with zoners makes me :yayclod:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Frustrating people into making dumb mistake into dumb jump into another dumb mistake with zoners makes me :yayclod:

what makes you think guile will be a zoner in this game?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He's gonna be a zoner.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
He's gonna be a zoner, but Sonic Booms will do like Alpha 3 damage, and his Flash Kick will be as bad as Alpha2 Charlie.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Guile was never about the boom damage, but about the boom frames. The real beatdown came from the knuckles.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

guile's normals are going to suck just as much poo poo in this game as everyone elses normals do

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Guile's Super

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/chara/bgm_guile.wav

theme

its bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't even hear the theme over the fuckin guitar

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lame

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Some characters have some decent anti fireball tech.

But either way juri urien and ibuki seem better then the first 3 and I don't even relly care for urien or ibuki.

Im also getting this creeping but lol worthy impression that at least one of the flash kicks won't be invincible on start-up and be able to jabbed out.

I'd love it.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
That actually looks like a charge super.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Looks like U2 from sf4 to me :shrug:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SectumSempra posted:

Looks like U2 from sf4 to me :shrug:

It's the same, essentially.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

How many games has Guile had Sonic Hurricane? You'd think by now they'd make it look cool or interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Suspicious Cook posted:

How many games has Guile had Sonic Hurricane? You'd think by now they'd make it look cool or interesting.

extreme close up of the sunglasses watching the attack connect in the reflection