Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Uthor posted:

Looks like it would be too hard to street park.

Bravo. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Look at this terrible derail I started. Here's a thing from a GIS of "dumb car thing"

Discuss

I don't hate it.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Anyone in mid Michigan has been subject to these ads on the telly by University Motor Mall. I wouldn't come within a 15 mile radius of this place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KziUpTQvO3Y

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm not excusing the act of running into parked cars but that street looks way too narrow to street park.

Not the most narrow I've been on, but the first that came to mind.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Look at this terrible derail I started. Here's a thing from a GIS of "dumb car thing"

Discuss

Trailer Park Boys season 11 is looking good

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

fyodor posted:

Cal Worthington was the peak of television anything. Make the cars spin, add a live tiger, a man in a cowboy nudie suit and a damned catchy theme song and you have high art.

A theme song that kids always thought was "Pussy cow pussy cow pussy cow!" instead of "Go see Cal!" (ask my parents how I know) :v:

xzzy posted:

Worthington ads confused me in a big way as a child. His ads always seemed like they were showing off vehicles that were up for sale in my area. Problem was, I spent the first handful years of my life around Seattle and was buried in his ads, then we moved to Alaska and still had to endure them. I couldn't figure out how it had worked out that a car salesman had moved from Seattle to Anchorage around the same time my family did.

It wasn't until much later when the internet existed that I realized he had a massive chain spread all up and down the west coast and the specific cars he was hawking weren't actually available.

I was subjected to his ads in El Paso TX of all places - because for some reason, the cable system out there has always carried KTLA.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If only they'd had a HOA to protect them (and society, in fact) from parking on this extremely narrow street.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

REDjackeT posted:

Push it! Pull it! Tow it to Golf Mill Ford!

:shepicide:

:bang: this stupid jingle is always stuck in my head. Or Rosen Hyundai. Where he just says his name to the rawhide theme.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Not the most narrow I've been on, but the first that came to mind.

That's what most city streets look like in Philly. That school road, posted above, can land small aircraft.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that watch for children sign hand written?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Come to San Francisco. Street parking on too-narrow streets? Meh, that's everyday stuff. The hot new thing I've discovered is a significant number of people who consider it their God-given right to double-park wherever they want (usually leaving their flashers on because that's a get-out-of-regulations-free card, don't you know), using justifications like "I'm only going to be twenty minutes" or "well, there's no way I could find a parking space nearby otherwise."

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Looks like the Buick had been parked on the street, and the Mazda that hit it was going really fast.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oh god this Chevy ad "describe the all-new Chevy Cruze in emojis." Fffffffffffff!!!!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Come to San Francisco. Street parking on too-narrow streets? Meh, that's everyday stuff. The hot new thing I've discovered is a significant number of people who consider it their God-given right to double-park wherever they want (usually leaving their flashers on because that's a get-out-of-regulations-free card, don't you know), using justifications like "I'm only going to be twenty minutes" or "well, there's no way I could find a parking space nearby otherwise."

Must be a bunch of transplants from Philly.

This is normal parking https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9346517,-75.1675193,3a,75y,117.95h,66.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skGeQPwsc9iTN3X-qgvbh1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

WHAT THE CHRIST

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Sagebrush posted:

This is in no way limited or even most common in San Francisco.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hah man if you don't know about Philly median parking hoo boy strap in.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

GOD IS DEAD

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That poo poo would get towed so damned fast here.

Is it actually legal there?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

The Locator posted:

That poo poo would get towed so damned fast here.

Is it actually legal there?

quote:

So why does the custom continue? Enforcing the law, says Campione, would cause a “minor revolution.” I guess that goes back to the kind of neighborhood resistance Richardson Dilworth faced in 1961 when he tried to change parking regulations in South Philly and 2,000 residents threw tomatoes at him. It’s just so much easier to leave it alone.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/parking-broad-street/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Discuss

This is one of things that's so terrible it's gone out the other side and become amazing.

HawkHill
Aug 15, 2015

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I can't tell if this belongs here. From a funeral director chum, "Rosewood Classic Coach" custom hearses...

Custom Hearses and 'Family Sedan(s)'

These things are built in Arkansas.

That white beast seems to be branded as the 'Prinzig'

Copyright is a bit complex but a key issue is creating brand confusion. That's why the original copyright claim by Apple Records against Apple computer failed. Who would confuse a computer company for a purveyor of music?

I looked up 'Prinzig'. Google found Prinzing Maschinebau:

quote:

We are able to offer you a wide range of modern dung removal systems for transporting solid manure and slurry for cattle-, pig-, hen- and horse stables. Years of experience in development, design, construction and assembly ensure high quality and reliability of our systems.
https://prinzing.eu/en/

Looking that that 'Family Sedan', I think that they might have a case.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This is one of things that's so terrible it's gone out the other side and become amazing.

It sure has come out the other side

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm not excusing the act of running into parked cars but that street looks way too narrow to street park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO6tSGaLH9E&t=588s

You Americans are so spoilt with your hugely wide roads.

Back when I was living in Poland, I saw an F-150 once. It literally did not fit in its lane.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Remember that in America, the F-150 is considered to be the bare minimum truck you need for "work."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Is that watch for children sign hand written?

Bad photo I think but we do this locally, there's a bunch of signs around primary schools (ages 4-11) that have signs designed by the kids themselves, generally with turtles and hedgehogs and snails on them because SLOW DOWN. It's quite cute.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I want to go to the Lizard Riding School.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I didn't notice that!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

88h88 posted:

I didn't notice that!

Probably because your eye is drawn to the bus that's hurtling though that width restriction and straight towards you with no intention of slowing down.

Hazard perception based on experience.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't know why this is apparently a thing, but I wish someone would do it in real life.

Rollin' on 5s, baby :whatup:

I know it's from a few pages back, but this image is the first thing I thought of when I saw photos of this Mahindra K100 crossover with its way-too-tiny wheels.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

How far back do you have to pull those to get them to make a jump?

e: :1.2L and all of the safety stuff we're used to (except ABS) is optional. I'm surprised airbags aren't standard on a 2016, even if it is a budget vehicle.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 19, 2016

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SouthsideSaint posted:

:bang: this stupid jingle is always stuck in my head. Or Rosen Hyundai. Where he just says his name to the rawhide theme.

Commercial jingles like that are just a little too close to brainwashing for my tastes, and that's why I have largely sworn off of commercial television and radio. I'm actually the customer, not the product, of Netflix and NPR, and college radio has that "Dead air, um, dead air" charm.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hello Spaceman posted:

I know it's from a few pages back, but this image is the first thing I thought of when I saw photos of this Mahindra K100 crossover with its way-too-tiny wheels.

I know we've all been bitching about car makers sticking enormous wheels everywhere but these are just hilariously tiny.

I haven't seen this thing before so I went to have a look. The reviewer here does mention that it looks a bit awkward from the side but doesn't bring up the silly wheels (he actually compliments their design later): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCfX8JiuW84

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Those are 14s by the way, which I think only subcompacts and Miatas used in recent memory.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I thought they were a lot smaller than that - I guess it's just the comical scale between tire size and vehicle size.

I know Civics came with 14s as late as the 2005 model year if you opted for a base model, and they were firmly inside of the compact class at that point.

I had an 88 Accord that had 13s. That was a pain to find tires for.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

NoWake posted:

Looks like the Buick had been parked on the street, and the Mazda that hit it was going really fast.

Nitpick, but that's an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Same platform as the Buick Century but different badges and trim.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jared592 posted:

Those are 14s by the way, which I think only subcompacts and Miatas used in recent memory.

My Panda came with 13s.

155/80R13, to be exact.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My VW Beetle comes with 14s.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

My Panda came with 13s.

155/80R13, to be exact.

I can get uniroyal rain experts and bf Goodrich AT's in this size.

Which is good because the current ones are probably the originals.

You know the space saver is always retardedly tiny compared to the normal wheels? My spare is 135/80R13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

HawkHill posted:

Copyright is a bit complex but a key issue is creating brand confusion. That's why the original copyright claim by Apple Records against Apple computer failed. Who would confuse a computer company for a purveyor of music?
Just replace copyright with trademark om that post and you are on to something. They're not the same.