Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A bunch of sad nerds who don't have real world ambitions and some dodgy russian coders meet in a gambling chatroom, what could go wrong. I'd be happier if some pro player made a video saying its loving impossible and described super strict security.

It seems like the real money in csgo is running a gambling website though. You know other than being valve.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

The only time I've ever seen a clip that so obviously falls outside the realm of normal play is that one of SKYTTEN vs Mouz where he just sprays the wall on Overpass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgu8vUrFZ1M

:confuoot:

Is there possibly a valid explanation for this? I can't give one. Even with cheats I don't get it.

Im not no fan of skytten but srsly thats not hacks. its luck
and if you think i am just some silver check my channel im lem

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Had to make sure you weren't up circle for a second there

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

peanut- posted:

I watched that video and I know the pertinent points are about the lack of oversight at some LANs, but he kind of undermines himself when he starts talking about how hackers do amazing things in Mr Robot and that 10% of a CS Go professional's prize money would be a good incentive for anyone that skilled.

It just seems a little far-fetched that anyone involved in making sophisticated USB-based system attacks is spending their time making private CS cheats.

Hacker culture is unique in that a lot of people do it just for the gently caress of it.

Also, most uses for USB-based system attacks are purely black-hat. In this case, what you have is satisfied customers. It doesn't seem too surprising to me, having been entrenched in IT culture for a long while.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

The only time I've ever seen a clip that so obviously falls outside the realm of normal play is that one of SKYTTEN vs Mouz where he just sprays the wall on Overpass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgu8vUrFZ1M

:confuoot:

Is there possibly a valid explanation for this? I can't give one. Even with cheats I don't get it.

His teammate is shooting again after stopping for a brief moment. It's pretty common to blindly start shooting as well, thinking someone else is popping out of that smoke.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

dex_sda posted:

As to whether pros cheat... yeah. There's bound to be some. My friend, who used to play with semi-pros and pros in 1.6 in NA said most everyone had something to toggle just in case of a bad day.

lmbo

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Seditiar posted:

His teammate is shooting again after stopping for a brief moment. It's pretty common to blindly start shooting as well, thinking someone else is popping out of that smoke.

I've yet to panic and perfectly control an M4 spray at the bottom of a wall for no reason just because a teammate shot near me though. Loads of comments saying stuff like prefire on the YT as well, idgi. That's not pre-fire, it wouldn't even hit somebody who came out of the smoke? At this point I'd be more inclined to believe a fit of madness took over him. The only thing I can think of is that the smoke on his POV was much further to the left. That's a big maybe though.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

I've yet to panic and perfectly control an M4 spray at the bottom of a wall for no reason just because a teammate shot near me though. Loads of comments saying stuff like prefire on the YT as well, idgi. That's not pre-fire, it wouldn't even hit somebody who came out of the smoke? At this point I'd be more inclined to believe a fit of madness took over him. The only thing I can think of is that the smoke on his POV was much further to the left. That's a big maybe though.

Eh, perfect spray control comes as second nature. I mean it's kind of a weird spot, but still. Pro's still have friendly fire sometimes because they're on edge.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Seditiar posted:

Eh, perfect spray control comes as second nature. I mean it's kind of a weird spot, but still. Pro's still have friendly fire sometimes because they're on edge.

Instantaneous reaction flicks and stuff, maybe. No pro or even decent player will "accidentally" crouch to spray at nothing. Just doesn't happen. If you can find me a single example of a similar action to this and I'll give you :10bux:

If flusha had done this it would be the biggest thing by miles imo. Not even calling cheats, just that it's completely without explanation with the information seen on that GOTV.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Just relaying what I heard from him :shrug:.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Instantaneous reaction flicks and stuff, maybe. No pro or even decent player will "accidentally" crouch to spray at nothing.

On the other hand, I have a hard time imagining what kind of hack would have you accidentally try to spray down a dude half the map away unless his aimkey both locks on, fires AND does the recoil compensation for him

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Finally had the time to watch the NiP vs. Godsent game from last weekend. It seems like pronax has created a pretty good team!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

On the other hand, I have a hard time imagining what kind of hack would have you accidentally try to spray down a dude half the map away unless his aimkey both locks on, fires AND does the recoil compensation for him

Yeah, I just don't get it full stop. Unless he believed you could shoot through that, but there's no chance. It's just a one in a million weird thing.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Instantaneous reaction flicks and stuff, maybe. No pro or even decent player will "accidentally" crouch to spray at nothing. Just doesn't happen. If you can find me a single example of a similar action to this and I'll give you :10bux:

If flusha had done this it would be the biggest thing by miles imo. Not even calling cheats, just that it's completely without explanation with the information seen on that GOTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFt7SnevhmE&t=122s

Check that CT dude. It's not POV but he's just instantly spraying at nothing.

E: And immediately after that clip there's another one, just spraying through the smoke.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

peanut- posted:

It just seems a little far-fetched that anyone involved in making sophisticated USB-based system attacks is spending their time making private CS cheats.

USB based attacks aren't actually all that sophisticated, and people pay money for private CS cheats, so it's not too much of a stretch to think it could happen.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
dang wtf did i wake up to i don't even have to post to prove my point

please gas this thread lol

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Seditiar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFt7SnevhmE&t=122s

Check that CT dude. It's not POV but he's just instantly spraying at nothing.

E: And immediately after that clip there's another one, just spraying through the smoke.

Not trying to be tricksy or anything, but I don't really see either of those things as similar. Pre-fire and spray transfer are pretty different from opening fire at a wall where it's impossible an enemy could feasibly be. We know he isn't spraying it by accident. There's zero reason to spray there, which is why it is weird. And doubly weird is every bullet hits the outline of a player on the other side of the wall.

So I guess what I'm looking for in a similar clip is a pro player spraying quarter+ of their clip at something where there is an actually 0% chance it will hit an enemy (and they know that). That's why it's such a mystery and why I don't think you'll find another example, and I will be impressed if you do.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Not trying to be tricksy or anything, but I don't really see either of those things as similar. Pre-fire and spray transfer are pretty different from opening fire at a wall where it's impossible an enemy could feasibly be. We know he isn't spraying it by accident. There's zero reason to spray there, which is why it is weird. And doubly weird is every bullet hits the outline of a player on the other side of the wall.

So I guess what I'm looking for in a similar clip is a pro player spraying quarter+ of their clip at something where there is an actually 0% chance it will hit an enemy (and they know that). That's why it's such a mystery and why I don't think you'll find another example, and I will be impressed if you do.

Eh. Other than being slightly too much to the left, another player could pop out of that smoke. Especially from his point of view because his teammate suddenly starts spraying (for him) into the smoke again. I think it's fair to say he's reacting to that, spraying at a point (just like the video I linked) where a player could be (popping up).

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Up Circle posted:

dang wtf did i wake up to i don't even have to post to prove my point

I'm liking this new gimmick of yours where you don't post, keep it up

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

qhat posted:

I'm liking this new gimmick of yours where you don't post, keep it up

please continue to discuss the black-hat conspiracy to bring down gaming

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Up Circle posted:

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

You know when everyone on every side is condescendingly dismissive of everyone else as being hilarious cliches of failure it's very hard to read

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

brian posted:

You know when everyone on every side is condescendingly dismissive of everyone else as being hilarious cliches of failure it's very hard to read

much like this post

brian
Sep 11, 2001

sleppy posted:

much like this post

ur a post

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

you know I'm just pullin your leg PartyBrian5000

why aren't you goonmanning anymore?

brian
Sep 11, 2001

sleppy posted:

you know I'm just pullin your leg PartyBrian5000

why aren't you goonmanning anymore?

whenever I play a goonman it gets progressively laggier so I had to stop as I was just letting down my teambros :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I hack, you hack, we all hack. Give my regards to Thorin.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm cheating right now!!!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

This is true and I've posted about it in this thread before. One of them was called f0ne, and circulated all around cal-i when I was playing with all of the big names. It was just an opengl32.dll file that you dropped into your CS folder, and pressed f1 to activate and deactivate a simple wallhack. People would call each other out by saying "f1ing" or f0ne" or whatever. I don't remember the exact dates but I think it may have been around the 2001-2003 timeframe. It was when I was playing for zEx and then eU (da bears, jaden, nutshot, eclipse, me)

edit: wait I was 17 when I went to St Louis to LAN with da bears so that was around 2002

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

flusha does cheat but it's because I supply him with adderall and lsd

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Garfu posted:

This is true and I've posted about it in this thread before. One of them was called f0ne, and circulated all around cal-i when I was playing with all of the big names. It was just an opengl32.dll file that you dropped into your CS folder, and pressed f1 to activate and deactivate a simple wallhack. People would call each other out by saying "f1ing" or f0ne" or whatever. I don't remember the exact dates but I think it may have been around the 2001-2003 timeframe. It was when I was playing for zEx and then eU (da bears, jaden, nutshot, eclipse, me)

edit: wait I was 17 when I went to St Louis to LAN with da bears so that was around 2002

dang your so old !!

Was it really just an open secret and no one cared?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I don't think it was rampant, it was just well known. Like I don't think any of the very top players used it, like anyone in X3 or zEx. I know for a fact some united5 players used it, as one of them is the one that sent it to me. Same with Funk's teams. I was on several of them but I can't remember the names specifically.

I'm sure I still have it somewhere on an old hard drive at my parents house.

edit: Does anyone remember ASUS drivers?

Garfu fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 20, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Garfu posted:

I don't think it was rampant, it was just well known. Like I don't think any of the very top players used it, like anyone in X3 or zEx. I know for a fact some united5 players used it, as one of them is the one that sent it to me. Same with Funk's teams. I was on several of them but I can't remember the names specifically.

I'm sure I still have it somewhere on an old hard drive at my parents house.

edit: Does anyone remember ASUS drivers?

These team names are awesome.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Remember when punkbuster started banning everyone with the ASUS Drivers

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Garfu posted:

That's exactly the timeframe that buddy of mine mentioned.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG5rh7wmzYg

Mr. Pink aka Joshua 'Steel' Nissan

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

qhat posted:

no joke i saw our mr pink do almost the same drat thing on cache a couple months ago.

Amaelthalion
Dec 31, 2015
Would love to be added to steamgroup, I play fairly regularly...steamid is the same as my username. Thanks.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

qhat posted:

I have those same headphones and I'll have to wait until I'm home to be sure but I think he's wearing them backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

metallicaeg posted:

I have those same headphones and I'll have to wait until I'm home to be sure but I think he's wearing them backwards

He (likely) is, most headphone/mic combos have the mic attached to the left ear from what I've seen.