Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

gohmak posted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...&source=twitter

Oh I get it now. Is it too late? I'm with HER➡️ too

Good. I'm sick of seeing BernieBros in every loving Facebook post I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nevvy Z posted:

When? (serious.)

Oh, I don't know, maybe the Clinton presidency, which Hillary was extremely active in? And the election trail, where Clinton has been repeatedly meeting with black leaders and communities?

Hillary's excellent record with African-American communities is well documented.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

AriadneThread posted:

what's the alt-middle

Open in a new tab.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
Cool so hildawg will do the same thing that her husband did and actively harm the black community. Got it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

His Purple Majesty posted:

Cool so hildawg will do the same thing that her husband did and actively harm the black community. Got it.

A cynic would say Barack Obama has actively harmed the black community as well.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

His Purple Majesty posted:

5/10. Try harder next time.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Careful, we can't talk about the Democratic primary because we all care about it too much. Talking about the Republican primary is OK though.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

SedanChair posted:

Careful, we can't talk about the Democratic primary because we all care about it too much can't help but engage in strawman dick waving contests about the the candidates to the point that all useful conversation is drowned out in a cacophony of circular during squads.

Talking about the Republican primary is OK though, because we universally agree that many of their policies are actively harmful and have no place in a modern society.

Fixed that for you.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think there are a few republicans hanging around though. I don't think we universally agree on anything.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Never mind, I'm dumb as gently caress and fell for a satire site. Carry on.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 22, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

smg77 posted:

None of that matters when you have Jesus at your side.

Ben Carson was quietly the biggest goddamn egomaniac in the Republican race.

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/watch-dash-cam-video-shows-florida-cops-stood-by-as-teens-drowned-in-stolen-car/

Here's what happened last month in St. Petersburg! Teen girls went on a joyride, got chased by cop cars until they crashed into a pond, and the cops stood by and watched them drown while lying about going in and trying valiantly to save them. The general attitude is "gently caress 'em, they got what was coming to them."

This is a common sentiment.

I've worked 911 EMS for 6.5yrs or so...had a stabbing at a local max security prison this week. Multiple stab wounds, pretty shocky, bad wound to epigastrium, sucking wound to posterior chest, etc.

Anyways, we dump fluids on him, package him up, treat pain, and take this guy to the closest trauma center.

A cop that works security at the ED from a local jurisdiction with several recent civil rights violations etc. was standing outside asking how our guy did. I basically said something along the lines of 'he handled it well with pretty grievous wounds.'

His response was "If good guys like you (my partner and I) scraped your leg on a call you'd die from an infection, but goddamned cockroaches like him will live forever."

Criminals deserve to die, I guess.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

In other news...

McCrory stepped up the hate in NC by opening up a 24-hour hotline for reporting "suspicious gender activity".

Here's the money quote -

Like, I can't even believe these loving people anymore. Is this real life?

Take another look at that loving fake rear end website you just posted

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Take another look at that loving fake rear end website you just posted

Welp, I'm dumb as gently caress. Carry on.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

This is what ABC News looks like: http://abcnews.go.com/

Both in URL and site design

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
In other real news: Shooter reportedly on the loose after 7 killed at Ohio home

quote:

A shooter is on the loose after seven family members were killed Friday at a home in southern Ohio, one of multiple crime scenes, local news agencies report.

Ohio's Bureau of Investigation sent several agents to the home near Peebles in Pike County, Fox 19 reports, adding that Peebles High School went on lockdown.

A spokeswoman for Ohio's attorney general Mike DeWine told the Cincinnati Enquirer nobody had been arrested as of Friday morning.

Investigators told WLWT their large response is due to the fact that they're not sure exactly what unfolded at the home.

Pike County is roughly 80 miles east of Cincinnati and 70 miles south of Columbus.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Daniel Bryan posted:

This is what ABC News looks like: http://abcnews.go.com/

Both in URL and site design

To be fair, without clicking through on that, I absolutely did not have any problem believing McCrory would do exactly such a thing. And if anyone thinks it was too outlandish to masquerade as reality, I suggest taking a look around the world in which we live now, and shutting the gently caress up.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

nm

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

mdemone posted:

To be fair, without clicking through on that, I absolutely did not have any problem believing McCrory would do exactly such a thing. And if anyone thinks it was too outlandish to masquerade as reality, I suggest taking a look around the world in which we live now, and shutting the gently caress up.

That's what got me, too. I was like, "Sounds about right" and I wasn't thorough enough in checking my sources.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's not that I couldn't believe it but it was just enough to get me to click to make sure and yeah... that's not ABC News. Trump's campaign manager was fooled by it once too.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Wait, what's this talk about Carson running for US Rep.? I thought he was just running to sell his book?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Wait, what's this talk about Carson running for US Rep.? I thought he was just running to sell his book?

How's he going to keep selling his book after Hillary is elected?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

happyhippy posted:

That aint Jesus, theres no exit wound on his right hand.
RUN BEN RUN!

Dr. Ben Carson, world renowned surgeon, repaired the wounds. To return the favor Black Jesus became Carson's campaign manager.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mcauliffe, circumventing va's legislature, is issuing an executive order to grant prisoners suffrage. there are 200k prisoners in va.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

haveblue posted:

Gifted Hands, the true story of Ben Carson Wrestling a T-Rex named Klin-ton, collegiate edition.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

duz posted:

Open in a new tab.

:wow:

e: Obama Did Nothing Wrong

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 22, 2016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Abel Wingnut posted:

mcauliffe, circumventing va's legislature, is issuing an executive order to grant prisoners suffrage. there are 200k prisoners in va.

How did Terry Freakin McAuliffe become such a good governor? Who ordered that?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

RuanGacho posted:

Gifted Hands, the true story of Ben Carson Wrestling a T-Rex named Klin-ton, collegiate edition.

It's interesting that Cuba Gooding Jr. has both played a sociopathic narcissist whose bloated ego is his eventual downfall and OJ Simpson.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 22, 2016

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Abel Wingnut posted:

Gotta secure that cabinet post somehow, and if that means lawfully granting rights to those lawfully deprived of them for Hillary's sake, then so be it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Speaking of good and bad governors, the previously expressed wrath of Chris Christie has finally been implemented:

quote:

Gov. Chris Christie's administration has notified the federal government that New Jersey no longer will participate in the refugee resettlement program, leaving it up to nonprofit groups. The action does not mean that refugees will not be settled in New Jersey, just that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement will be working with nonprofits rather than the appropriate state agencies.

Christie, then a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, told President Obama in November last year that his state would not accept any more refugees from Syria in the wake of the Paris attacks by the Islamic State that killed 130 people.

An April 7 letter from acting Human Services Commissioner Elizabeth Connolly giving the U.S. Office of Resettlement Services 120 days notice of the state's intent to withdraw its involvement solidifies the governor's intent.

"The governor has consistently stated his opposition to the resettlement program in the absence of proper security vetting, safeguards and assurances being offered by the federal government," Brian Murray, Christie's spokesman, said in a statement.

"It was the FBI director, in testimony before Congress, who said the federal government does not have the background information necessary to effectively conduct proper security checks for these resettlement efforts," Murray said. "The governor notified the President in November that our Department of Human Services will discontinue participation in the program, and this formalizes that decision."

The Obama administration has said that each Syrian refugee goes through a background check that lasts up to two years. According to the U.S. State Department, New Jersey has accepted 24 Syrian refugees from Oct. 31, 2015 through March 31, 2016.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good lord these people are fleeing a goddamn humanitarian crisis wrapped in a war zone, what kind of sadist sends them to New Jersey after all of that?

VanSandman posted:

Gotta secure that cabinet post somehow, and if that means lawfully granting rights to those lawfully deprived of them for Hillary's sake, then so be it.

:laffo: if you think VA wasn't already going blue as gently caress this year.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 22, 2016

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Or, you know, McAuliffe's actually a pretty good governor on policy (even if he is personally incredibly off putting with the whole "fundraised while my wife was in tears" story as an example.)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

VanSandman posted:

drat son, you could cut the internet with that edge!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

VanSandman posted:

If Hillary promised to give T Mac a position after his one term is up I would be happy to vote for her. Not implying that I'm not.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

haveblue posted:

Write in campaign to elect Ben Carson's book as a representative.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Barack and David Cameron right now being bros is pretty great - seems like they have an honest friendship

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Molotov!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/723540259343077376

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kalman posted:

Or, you know, McAuliffe's actually a pretty good governor on policy (even if he is personally incredibly off putting with the whole "fundraised while my wife was in tears" story as an example.)

Notice I used lawfully twice. What McAuliffe did is cool and good.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Is it appropriate to put the image of a person once considered to be tradable property of significant value on a piece of paper considered to be tradable property of some value? Will we see certain racial epithets applied to these bills? "I'm raking in the Benjamins" is one thing. "Hey, can you break me a [insert-a-distasteful-word-for-African-Americans]" is another.
It's gonna be ""Hey, can you break me a Tubby"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Put Davy Crockett on the 10 so we can ask "Can I get two Crocketts for a Tubbs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

What the hell is that a picture of? Mead?

• Locked thread