Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
The only winning move is to not play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Left my maewha auto looping to raise her strength and woke up to find her swimming on the ground in the middle of Velia with my strength not raised.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Here's a hot spot(i think) I've been using the past few days.

Map

The location I used and my haul. I am skilled 7 using a steel rod.

don't share with goontang they dont reciprocate.

Where is this? Off the coast of Illya?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Left my maewha auto looping to raise her strength and woke up to find her swimming on the ground in the middle of Velia with my strength not raised.

Pro.

How is everyone liking their Musas and Maewhas? Still going strong, or are you all starting to drift back to your mains now?

I made a berserker last night and it's pretty loving fun. I'm not completely sold on using my last slot for a fourth melee character (already have the zerk, a sorc, and tamer), instead of something like a wizard. Everyone was creaming themselves over samurai early on, but at first glance they don't look that unique. Am I missing something or are you all just insane kreeaboos?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Decided to loop a single horse instead of a wagon for the first time. Tested the loop, went to bed. Woke up still sitting on my horse but with my horse just standing around, my waypoints gone and just one carrot eaten. Not dead or anything. :confused:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Clocks posted:

Decided to loop a single horse instead of a wagon for the first time. Tested the loop, went to bed. Woke up still sitting on my horse but with my horse just standing around, my waypoints gone and just one carrot eaten. Not dead or anything. :confused:

:koreagame:

nonpromqueen posted:

Where is this? Off the coast of Illya?

Just north west of Epheria port. Just head to my boat icon in the first pic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

How is everyone liking their Musas and Maewhas? Still going strong, or are you all starting to drift back to your mains now?

The Musas heal is pretty good and their moves and mobility are really nice.

Their 200% black rage ability pretty much is their aoe. The rest of their skills don't seem nearly as good for aoe.

Blocking isn't as nice as on a warrior. Can't move but you got quick dashes. Some times it takes awhile to pull the block up. And if you put a single point in the block attack skill, you block 1 attack then drop your block to do a counter attack. Hits hard but some times I would rather just block.

Bow skills don't seem that good at all.

I got him to about 28 and I went back to my warrior. I didn't get to test out their dragon blade.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I've been dicking about levelling alts before I commit the timesink into one and find out I'd much rather have played another...

The problem is that everything I've played has been fun so far heh. Wiz to 50, Valk and Sorc to 40, working on Musa just now. I'm so torn.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Pro.

I made a berserker last night and it's pretty loving fun. I'm not completely sold on using my last slot for a fourth melee character (already have the zerk, a sorc, and tamer), instead of something like a wizard. Everyone was creaming themselves over samurai early on, but at first glance they don't look that unique. Am I missing something or are you all just insane kreeaboos?

We've got one berserker in SFD, and he seems satisfied with the class even post 50. You will want to focus on certain skills like one that lets you spin around indefinitely, and your grabs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Bow skills don't seem that good at all.blade.
First bow skill can be maxed, third should be taken once. First bow skill staggers, third - knocks down. Other bow stuff only if you like animations or something etc.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

I wanted to train one horse, it looped succesfully, wake up and my computer is off. loving PEARL ABYSS!

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

CountingWizard posted:

We've got one berserker in SFD, and he seems satisfied with the class even post 50. You will want to focus on certain skills like one that lets you spin around indefinitely, and your grabs.

Cool, good to know.

By request, here is a screenshot of the actual spot you need to cast to hit the heidel eastern gateway fishing hotspot. It's loving microscopic, I haven't been able to hit it from anywhere except this exact spot. My bobber is the one center screen: http://i.imgur.com/BCXm6h3.png

Someone mentioned a hotspot near olvia as well, so since heidel and olvia are the two extremes of my explored world so far, I'm going to try traveling back and forth between those two for distance bonuses at the traders(pro-tip for afk work fishers: park your wagon behind you and dump fish into it so you can fill your bags twice before needing to travel and sell. Bargaining is also worthwhile once you're doing all of this). Will report back how it goes.

Don't share with goontang, reciprocate, etc

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
This game is silly and I'm dumb.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 22, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

lol looks like you found the child who should've been left behind

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I will say that I am greatly disappointed that crafting is a waste of time. You make drops in a bucket compared to the time, effort, and profit from afk fishing. I'm a mid professional in gathering and processing, and there just isn't anything to make and sell. Current endgame and high level stuff depends on gear that only drops from monsters.

There appears to be no endgame for crafters.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's fairly sad to see people discovering stuff repeated ad nauseum all over the place for more than a year. Crafting endgame is cooking and alchemy, if you are curious in crafting something that sells.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I'm loving my plum and will shelf my zerker for her because it is a much more dynamic class that opens up a whole slew of different combos you can do at any one time, and no one move is "this is the move you spam endlessly". The maneuverability is insane and it's like playing a whole another game with how fast I move from pack to pack.

Zerker is basically just, use frenzied destroyer, stomp, beastly windslash, and then spin. That's the depth of your mob grinding ability and that's all it's ever going to be. Maybe I'll switch back when handcannon comes out.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The blader is cool but I still like the sorc more. Just got more tools, more aoe, and it seems to be more survivable then the blader. Definitely more mobile.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

randombattle posted:

The blader is cool but I still like the sorc more. Just got more tools, more aoe, and it seems to be more survivable then the blader. Definitely more mobile.

Yeah I stuck with my sorc because they both seemed to be flimsy melee. If I devote time to an alt or change mains, it will probably be to play a character needed for node wars like zerk or valk or I guess ranger?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah I stuck with my sorc because they both seemed to be flimsy melee. If I devote time to an alt or change mains, it will probably be to play a character needed for node wars like zerk or valk or I guess ranger?
Wizard/Witch should be plenty important too, much moreso than valk at the very least.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Seems like the nudists have also advanced in the past month - apparently they've figured out how to do client-side visual armor and weapon model swaps.

Unreleased awakening and cash shop models included, so I presume this will get locked down tight at some point

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Life is loving hard today

Both of my t6's have Drift and Sprint now, level 20. Stallion would sell for 14mil, mare for 17mil.

Just have to remind myself that it's an investment and once I have a stable full of the right tier I'll be making mad bank.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

Life is loving hard today

Both of my t6's have Drift and Sprint now, level 20. Stallion would sell for 14mil, mare for 17mil.

Just have to remind myself that it's an investment and once I have a stable full of the right tier I'll be making mad bank.

There are faster ways to make money, blue veggies I think. Horses are for lording over others. I don't think the current prices are worth the time investment at all. I just need a white t7 with Sprint, drift, and instant accel and I'll be king of horse races when that's released.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This guy has made some good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsv8EKn7KY8&t=771s
Solid video on how to get a rank 1 house anywhere without spending IRL cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ufDY636oI
Talked about this video with Crush in mumble but Xzov The Faggit interupted the conversion, but its all about how to actually make money with investment banking. The TL:RD is only invest in low risk Alti Nova banks.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I was gonna spend some money on the cash shop but I just get an error on the black desert website if I try to use the shop. Stupid game just take more of my money..

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Sanguinaire posted:

There are faster ways to make money, blue veggies I think. Horses are for lording over others. I don't think the current prices are worth the time investment at all. I just need a white t7 with Sprint, drift, and instant accel and I'll be king of horse races when that's released.

I need to actually rent a farming plot then. Any suggestions about from who/where to put it, or does it not really matter?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

How does one make money on blue veggies?

kalstrams posted:

It's fairly sad to see people discovering stuff repeated ad nauseum all over the place for more than a year. Crafting endgame is cooking and alchemy, if you are curious in crafting something that sells.

Many of us aren't kreeaboos who were playing or paying attention to a non-NA/EU game more than a year ago, so, uh, poo poo's still news. Feel free to get it added to the OP or share your wisdom free of snark (but thank you for that tidbit, I'll keep an eye on cooking and alch)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

randombattle posted:

I was gonna spend some money on the cash shop but I just get an error on the black desert website if I try to use the shop. Stupid game just take more of my money..

Try a different browser. Worked for me.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Snatch Duster posted:

This guy has made some good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsv8EKn7KY8&t=771s
Solid video on how to get a rank 1 house anywhere without spending IRL cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ufDY636oI
Talked about this video with Crush in mumble but Xzov The Faggit interupted the conversion, but its all about how to actually make money with investment banking. The TL:RD is only invest in low risk Alti Nova banks.

This is a better one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybLRW410rA4

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Quake posted:

I'm loving my plum and will shelf my zerker for her because it is a much more dynamic class that opens up a whole slew of different combos you can do at any one time, and no one move is "this is the move you spam endlessly". The maneuverability is insane and it's like playing a whole another game with how fast I move from pack to pack.

Zerker is basically just, use frenzied destroyer, stomp, beastly windslash, and then spin. That's the depth of your mob grinding ability and that's all it's ever going to be. Maybe I'll switch back when handcannon comes out.

Maehwa is pretty easy to level so far and poo poo pretty much dies from one red moon anyways so I really cant judge her higher level play in the twenties.

Seriously this is the maewha leveling flow chart in the early 20s:

Do you have like 10 mobs following you? No? Go get 10 mobs following you.

Do you have the crit buff from blind strike on you? No? Use blind strike on a mob to get the buff.

Use Red Moon. Are any mobs alive? Yes? Use behead. No? Go to top.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maehwa is pretty easy to level so far and poo poo pretty much dies from one red moon anyways so I really cant judge her higher level play in the twenties.

Seriously this is the maewha leveling flow chart in the early 20s:

Do you have like 10 mobs following you? No? Go get 10 mobs following you.

Do you have the crit buff from blind strike on you? No? Use blind strike on a mob to get the buff.

Use Red Moon. Are any mobs alive? Yes? Use behead. No? Go to top.

This is the same with the tamer and whatever that one crazy AE attack (roaring I think) followed by jolt wave. Cool thing I read about Tamer is that you can gather even more mobs than other classes because of your pet.

e: I like maewha so far, but so far I feel like the tamer is a bit better early on (in the 20s, haven't leveled the maewha far yet). They actually seem to have pretty similar playstyles, although my tamer feels a bit more mobile/acrobatic.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 23, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Has anyone tried enhancing a Kalis weapon to blue quality? Between the way their base AP scales (naturally higher and stays higher as you go up in upgrade tiers), and the fact that we think the hidden stats are higher on weapons with fewer of them, it seems like a really strong alternative to Yuria. Replace the bonus pve-only human damage with more AP and (theoretically) more accuracy, plus the side perk of not losing accuracy in the rain.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

I need to actually rent a farming plot then. Any suggestions about from who/where to put it, or does it not really matter?

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/06/black-desert-gardening-and-farming-guide/

That's a pretty in depth guide to the basics of farming in the game. I've heard and not done sunflower farming, but market prices of trade items depends on how many have been sold recently so sometimes having a crop that isn't the "big" one can be better for you in the long run.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CountingWizard posted:

I will say that I am greatly disappointed that crafting is a waste of time. You make drops in a bucket compared to the time, effort, and profit from afk fishing. I'm a mid professional in gathering and processing, and there just isn't anything to make and sell. Current endgame and high level stuff depends on gear that only drops from monsters.

There's a reason people should always kill AFK fishers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Many of us aren't kreeaboos who were playing or paying attention to a non-NA/EU game more than a year ago, so, uh, poo poo's still news. Feel free to get it added to the OP or share your wisdom free of snark (but thank you for that tidbit, I'll keep an eye on cooking and alch)
That's not even all that snarky compared to first few versions of that reply which I did revise before posting, since I do put conscious effort to tow the party line and keep my teen spirit as low as I can. It's mostly just confusion as to why he (and/or others) did abstain from asking people who played on Korea, like Lewtt, or the handful of people in the thread who have played elsewhere and/or read information from the others' experiences playing the game elsewhere. Presuming he didn't do it just because you like it, which would make me then surprised of the general nature of your complaint then, if he's already enjoyed your time as such as well as gotten handful of skills to a respectable level, those that have more uses than the ones he's mentioned.

Has anyone tried enhancing a Kalis weapon to blue quality? Between the way their base AP scales (naturally higher and stays higher as you go up in upgrade tiers), and the fact that we think the hidden stats are higher on weapons with fewer of them, it seems like a really strong alternative to Yuria. Replace the bonus pve-only human damage with more AP and (theoretically) more accuracy, plus the side perk of not losing accuracy in the rain.
Kalis should be better than Yuria for any class where accuracy matters to a noticeable extent, but get to +15 or wherever your patience runs dry, and then get it to gold (or blue if money or something else is a concern).

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 23, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randombattle posted:

Log out and log in back to their site.

J
Jun 10, 2001

CountingWizard posted:

Check this guy out, all he does is sit around crafting poo poo all day with a huge worker empire and has more money than he could ever use. He seems to sell a little bit of everything. Alchemy stuff, wagons, tools, life clothes, etc.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Xzov The Faggit

Rude. Here I thought we had bonded after sharing all those deaths to bheg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

kalstrams posted:

It's fairly sad to keep seeing you post in the thread when you have literally no loving clue on half the things you spout as fact.

CountingWizard posted:

I wish I had professional processing and gathering. There so many ways to make easy of money with those two skills I'm surprised more of you haven't figured it out yet.