Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eminai posted:

It's completely accurate, since if the Russians weren't fighting N3PL we wouldn't have had any reason to be in the south at all.

that would be "br was only fought because of the russians" though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey, how new is the "B-R was only won because of Russians" meme? I keep seeing it posted when discussions are had about the relative super fleet capabilities of both blocs, I was wondering if that's something people actually thing, or if it's your bog-standard r/eve revisionism

As someone who was running cynos and actually flying caps in B-R yes it was one primarily because the combined super fleet of the russians / whatever idiot brigade sort was leading at the time + us is what let us hold dominance from early EU all the way until dead late US/TZ.

Had we not had the russians we would have had timezone gaps or a slower ramp up, so our fleet was constantly growing where PL et all's was getting rocked its hardly revisionism.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fair enough

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zasze posted:

As someone who was running cynos and actually flying caps in B-R yes it was one primarily because the combined super fleet of the russians / whatever idiot brigade sort was leading at the time + us is what let us hold dominance from early EU all the way until dead late US/TZ.

Had we not had the russians we would have had timezone gaps or a slower ramp up, so our fleet was constantly growing where PL et all's was getting rocked its hardly revisionism.

it was also the entirety of eve, the full might of PL plus N3 at its height. We would have been dumb as gently caress to have gone in solo.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Zasze posted:

This doesn't belong to chillax thread, but it's a complete and utter failure of either side's diplomats that drone Russian wasn't dragged in on the current conflict.

Edit: I meant my comment, not your comment Zasze. I just learnt a few days ago how glass hearted some of the nerds are.
Fake edit: Again, I am not implicitly implying you are a glass hearted Zasze, I only quoted you because you mentioned Russians's role in BR and inspired my post.

Altran fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 27, 2016

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

I'm struck by a sudden desire to go gently caress around with missions because apparently I hate myself and also it's not like I can AFKtar for cashmoney anymore

You can now in fact start doing this again, check in the Theta squad forums for more details. Basically we have some folks earning space gold raising ADM's around our space, with a lot of caution and such to avoid being ganked while doing so

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 27, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

I'm struck by a sudden desire to go gently caress around with missions because apparently I hate myself and also it's not like I can AFKtar for cashmoney anymore

Is there still that lovely toxic cloud mission? God I lost so many caracals to that fucker.

Ping me on facebook when you have time I can give you some ~informations~

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Ping me on facebook when you have time I can give you some ~informations~

I'm running missions and I'd like this ~informations~ are you in jabber?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Oodles posted:

I'm running missions and I'd like this ~informations~ are you in jabber?

real life facebook space bros only :colbert:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

real life facebook space bros only :colbert:

Why you gotta bogart me bro

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oodles posted:

Why you gotta bogart me bro

im v unchill come at me thread :evilbuddy:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm just going to give him specifics of how I've been running Burners and stuff.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I need to find a way to make money without an alt that can run missions, since it would take like a year to train one up.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CommonShore posted:

I'm just going to give him specifics of how I've been running Burners and stuff.

I'm levelling up my standings. Currently at level 2 and i'm flying a HM Drake.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Drythe posted:

I need to find a way to make money without an alt that can run missions, since it would take like a year to train one up.

PI is pretty decent, only takes like a month to get a character with full PI skills needed and into a cloaky hauler. Plus you don't even need to be online for that. Quite a bit slower than ratting ticks though.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Sup chill thread, I played some spaceships last night. I gated half a dozen carriers out of pure blind, imported triage mods and equipped them to get some sweet new fax machines, and finally got setup with the high sec incursion group I've been asking about. These mother fuckers run vindis with a 2 a type invuln tank and 6 damage mods with a damage rig. It's so dumb and min Maxey I can't wait to get one of their equally dumb mach fits and put my large ac spec 5 to use

What have you fine folks been doing out in space

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Syndic Thrass posted:

Sup chill thread, I played some spaceships last night. I gated half a dozen carriers out of pure blind, imported triage mods and equipped them to get some sweet new fax machines, and finally got setup with the high sec incursion group I've been asking about. These mother fuckers run vindis with a 2 a type invuln tank and 6 damage mods with a damage rig. It's so dumb and min Maxey I can't wait to get one of their equally dumb mach fits and put my large ac spec 5 to use

What have you fine folks been doing out in space

How did you get 6 carriers anywhere without getting scouted and doomsdayed?

Also incursionsquad basically stole all their fits from TVP, and are equally tryhard about it. They make good isk though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oodles posted:

I'm levelling up my standings. Currently at level 2 and i'm flying a HM Drake.

Self destruct the drake. Use a talwar or a caracal for the lower level missions. It's even possible to do most L3s in a kiting lml msb talwar.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

apropos of nothing, I found a funny thing on the wiki

quote:

Poet Laureate
From Goonwiki
(Apologies to M. Dickinson)
(hehehe, Dickinson)

Because Ken could not stop for Death,
Death kindly stopped for Ken;
The carriage held but just ourselves
and Mollies big red pen.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My mining moons and all my dreads,
For firesales that day.

We passed the gates, where bubbles shone
And stations graped secure;
We passed the the belts of bistot,
and fields of arkonor.

Or rather, he passed us;
The warps grew lonely and cold,
For only newbie ship my gown,
Pod jumping growing old.

We hid inside a pos that seemed
A fortress unassailable;
The mods were sound and all online,
But gunners unavailable.

Since then 'tis weeks, and yet each
seems brighter than ten moons
I first surmised that anime
Is nothing but cartoons.

--Brobuck

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

How did you get 6 carriers anywhere without getting scouted and doomsdayed?

Also incursionsquad basically stole all their fits from TVP, and are equally tryhard about it. They make good isk though.

Because I'm a goddamn boss that's how. I only had to brawl on a gate with a rapier and carrier twice the whole time

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

taht graphic is for meta stabs but still, your fit is very touch and go. what level SC do you have? also for a raptor with only 3 lows this is why i always use an agility rig

Altran posted:

Just slap shield extenders in the mids, 3 i-stab in lows, 1 warp stab if you have 1 slot left, fill rig slots with warp speed. The info graphic is incomplete, at least male and stiletto can get sub 2.0s align time, no idea why they are not listed there. Male is the best in my opinion, enough mid for smarty and arty tank, enough lows for either cargo expander or warp stab, highest init cargo hold, looks the best.

Yeah thats a lovely old one, I created a new one and stuck it on the goon wiki

ares master race

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
videogames, accept my alt into your corp

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Otacon posted:

Yeah thats a lovely old one, I created a new one and stuck it on the goon wiki

ares master race

Isn't that table missing the Crow? Is the Crow too bad to even bother with?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Libluini posted:

Isn't that table missing the Crow? Is the Crow too bad to even bother with?

Crow only has 2 lowslots, but you can do it: it just takes T2 rigs, dual faction istabs, and mid-grade nomad implants alpha+beta+gamma

AKA, a 600mil isk crow

Otacon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 27, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Otacon posted:

Crow only has 2 lowslots, but you can do it: it just takes T2 rigs, dual faction istabs, and mid-grade nomad implants alpha+beta+gamma

AKA, a 350mil isk crow

Some goon showed me his travel interceptor fit. I forget which hull it was, but it was all officer mods, aligned under 2 seconds, and had cruiser-levels of EHP.

Cost: 15 billion ISK. :stonk:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Siets posted:

Some goon showed me his travel interceptor fit. I forget which hull it was, but it was all officer mods, aligned under 2 seconds, and had cruiser-levels of EHP.

Cost: 15 billion ISK. :stonk:

i hope he tries to run through EWOK with that instawarp-ceptor-grabbing gatecamp-gang

giacomo
Mar 11, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

apropos of nothing, I found a funny thing on the wiki

Did Brobuck ever come back from vacation?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Chill thread I am about to sub my trial, it looks like I can get someone a free PLEX by using a referral link? I would be happy to give someone a free month since I'm going to :10bux: :10bux: anyway.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Jazzzzz posted:

Chill thread I am about to sub my trial, it looks like I can get someone a free PLEX by using a referral link? I would be happy to give someone a free month since I'm going to :10bux: :10bux: anyway.

http://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=a607932f-4e26-4bdd-a159-1b9409be0d1d&action=buddy

Thanks space friend

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Am I stupid (this is possible) or do I have to create an entirely new trial account for this link to work?

"Recruit accounts must be created using the links provided in the Recruit Program invitation email or that provided on https://secure.eveonline.com/recruit/invite.aspx . Be sure your friends use a Recruit Program invitation to create their account in order for you to earn your reward when they subscribe to EVE Online"

Is there a way to get you your PLEX if I already have an active trial?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Otacon posted:

AKA, a 600mil isk crow

Uh, gently caress. I think I take a Crusader instead

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Jazzzzz posted:

Am I stupid (this is possible) or do I have to create an entirely new trial account for this link to work?

"Recruit accounts must be created using the links provided in the Recruit Program invitation email or that provided on https://secure.eveonline.com/recruit/invite.aspx . Be sure your friends use a Recruit Program invitation to create their account in order for you to earn your reward when they subscribe to EVE Online"

Is there a way to get you your PLEX if I already have an active trial?

yeah you can't do it with an account that's been started

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
welp. I guess I will do this this when I roll that mining/market/whatever alt. Sorry Mr. Anchovi :(

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

giacomo posted:

Did Brobuck ever come back from vacation?

Not yet :smith:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Libluini posted:

Uh, gently caress. I think I take a Crusader instead

good call, crow is loving terrible now

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kiryen posted:

good call, crow is loving terrible now

This makes me sad. Crow was my favorite interceptor. Oh well, at least there is always the Raptor. Even if its got a lamer paint job.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im gay

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

videogames, accept my alt into your corp

arent you a high risk after what you did to hole squad?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Orange Red Bull posted:

arent you a high risk after what you did to hole squad?

He's a loose cannon he could fly into a marijuana rage at any moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
So level 5 missions are insanely easier, casually running around 600mil/hr. If I was in a better constellation, and tried, I bet I could hit 800ish.

They have really buffed the poo poo out of capitals..

• Locked thread