Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yo n4a you can use this when you're out in the field

http://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-S...ea+kettle&psc=1

I have one of these I was issued back when I was in an infantry battalion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KYBJJXCL7AVNFHO

On ship I have access to all the hot water I need though so I just keep a tea infuser like this

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Glass-...0ZTVJSRV0Y8KNTB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also post tea recommendations

i dont drink coffee either but i like green tea every now and again

maybe its time to buy a kettle

Jasmine is the pro-tier green/white tea.

For something that would actually keep you awake, try Earl Grey. If it's good enough for Captain Picard, it's good enough for you.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Got a conditional offer for the job I've been lusting after for the better part of a year. Feels good, but I'm not going to relax until I have that unconditional in hand.

Arc Light posted:

For something that would actually keep you awake, try Earl Grey. If it's good enough for Captain Picard, it's good enough for you.
Seconding Earl Grey. I really like it. Also, orange tea is nice when you don't want to wind yourself up with caffeine.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rooibos is pretty good caffeine-free tea. Great with honey and milk.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Slim Pickens posted:

Rooibos is pretty good caffeine-free tea. Great with honey and milk.

Except it smells and tastes like loving horse lineament.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
A good price-to-taste ratio is Harney & Sons loose leaf tea tins on Amazon. Their English Breakfast in particular is awfully good at $15 for 8 oz. My absolute favorites, though, are Townshend's No. 3 Assam (Irish Breakfast) and Republic of Tea's All Day Breakfast. They're expensive, so I treat myself to a few lbs. each around Christmas and make them last most of the year.

e: ooh, Harney & Sons now sells 1 lb. bags for $18.56!

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 29, 2016

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Fun tea fact. When it was obvious that WWII was about to kick off, the British Government bought all the tea currently for sale IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

It was almost 30 million tons.

Probably all drunk in 3 weeks. :britain:

That's a lot of tea.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Burt posted:

Fun tea fact. When it was obvious that WWII was about to kick off, the British Government bought all the tea currently for sale IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

It was almost 30 million tons.

Probably all drunk in 3 weeks. :britain:

That's a lot of tea.

That makes perfect sense to me. My whole day can suck if I don't start it with a cup of tea, even if I get my caffeine from coffee.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cant find it anymore but I use to enjoy Russian saddle tea. At least I think thats the name. Tasted like smoked meat.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

at the date posted:

A good price-to-taste ratio is Harney & Sons loose leaf tea tins on Amazon. Their English Breakfast in particular is awfully good at $15 for 8 oz. My absolute favorites, though, are Townshend's No. 3 Assam (Irish Breakfast) and Republic of Tea's All Day Breakfast. They're expensive, so I treat myself to a few lbs. each around Christmas and make them last most of the year.

e: ooh, Harney & Sons now sells 1 lb. bags for $18.56!

Wow I used to buy straight from their website. I even went to their store in lower Manhattan but their prices were high. Amazon has their stuff for much cheaper. I've been ordering from a shop in California because the quality is a little higher and prices a little cheaper but with how inexpensive Amazon is selling their stuff I might have to go back.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LingcodKilla posted:

Cant find it anymore but I use to enjoy Russian saddle tea. At least I think thats the name. Tasted like smoked meat.

:chloe:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:getin: :bahgawd:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also post tea recommendations

i dont drink coffee either but i like green tea every now and again

maybe its time to buy a kettle

Lapsang souchong is smoke cured and when it's steeping it smells like a delicious ham.
Darjeeling is a great delicate and complex black tea (don't oversteep or you'll ruin the flavor).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I like green tea and oolong if I'm just drinking it straight.

Mint green on occasion as well.

Earl Grey if I'm going classy with half and half and sugar.

Also Netflix Punisher spinoff is happening:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29/punisher-marvel-netflix

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Your life just got so much better. Also, if you use milk or half and half, upgrade to heavy cream with this, otherwise it waters it down a lot

I might try this, actually.

Ribs make me want to buy another grill. :(

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Amazon shipping always amazes me. I feel bad ordering little odds and ends though and having the delivery dude run up to my place to deliver a $5 item in a stupid large package. I know it's his job but yeah I try to just make a list and order a bunch of stuff at once.

I remember they had the "group into as few shipments as possible" option before. I think they still do its just much less an available option

Roughly half my orders since moving to NV (I live only a couple of minutes from their old NV warehouse, the new one is about 40 minutes away) have arrived late. 1-2 days. Several have been damaged. I've gotten almost a year of Prime for free because I complain every time. I'm actually pretty annoyed at it.

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Way the gently caress late but have you tried just brewing it, letting it cool off, and sticking it in the fridge to chill? I actually started to try the cold-brew method but ended up forgetting my Stanley on the counter and figured I'd just huck it in and see how it turned out cold.

Yeah, and I can definitely tell the difference. There's zero bitterness in mine. I don't have a problem with the taste of normally-brewed coffee, but this is just better. And I'm using Tim Hortons ground stuff, nothing fancy. I might try the pinch of salt thing too. Not sure if it'll have the same effect without heat.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah that sucks I've never had an issue. I noticed the two-day shipping isn't always two day, sometimes it's two business days and therefore can take 3-4 days or however they justify it. Not really a big deal

A couple times the dude delivers to my neighbor on the other end for some reason. She's cool and just brings them on over though

Of the thousands I've spent on Amazon over the last long while I don't think I ever had a damaged package.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've had issues with packages stating they were delivered yet never were.

For as much as I order off of Amazon, which is nearly everything, I'm ok with a few instances.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Lots of damaged boxes for 2 years, but then I got that mailman pulled from his route.

Other than that the only issue I've had was MGSV getting delivered 2 days late even though I pre-ordered. They kicked me a couple of months of free prime

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I've never had a damaged or missed package since I moved into my house. It's pretty cool. The UPS driver also leaves treats for my pup :kiddo:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Probably because he gets to see your dog. I wouldn't miss that delivery either.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

are you in one of the areas that uses Ontrac for delivery? There are whole threads on the amazon forums about how those guys like throw packages up onto balconies and over fences, or just dont deliver them.

gently caress yes, said it before, will say it again, I like my childrens book characters better in a series rather than some big summer movie thing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OnTrac is a tremendously lovely delivery service

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

Yeah, and I can definitely tell the difference. There's zero bitterness in mine. I don't have a problem with the taste of normally-brewed coffee, but this is just better. And I'm using Tim Hortons ground stuff, nothing fancy. I might try the pinch of salt thing too. Not sure if it'll have the same effect without heat.

You goddamn turdmuffin, no wonder it tastes funny if you're using some three month old oxidized, pre-ground bullshit. If you're going to go down the path of coffee autism you better be prepared to buy a burr grinder (french press = super coarse grind), and either fresh roast beans or go all out and do the roasting yourself.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

You goddamn turdmuffin, no wonder it tastes funny if you're using some three month old oxidized, pre-ground bullshit.

That's how we did it in the good old days, Cains or Maxwell House. And frankly, gently caress the good old days.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You goddamn turdmuffin, no wonder it tastes funny if you're using some three month old oxidized, pre-ground bullshit. If you're going to go down the path of coffee autism you better be prepared to buy a burr grinder (french press = super coarse grind), and either fresh roast beans or go all out and do the roasting yourself.

There are literally thousands of things I'd rather invest in than a counter full of coffee equipment and supplies. If the french press weren't so cheap I wouldn't have even bothered going this far.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

are you in one of the areas that uses Ontrac for delivery? There are whole threads on the amazon forums about how those guys like throw packages up onto balconies and over fences, or just dont deliver them.

No, it's all been lovely packaging on Amazon's part. My last damaged package had a bunch of those airbag things they use, except they'd never been inflated. Just a stack of empties next to the stuff. Usually things are late, not damaged.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Who's got ideas for matching Diarrhea Elemental avatar/text? I'm thinking Golgothan fading into that wonderful Senate portrait, but I'm open to ideas if anyone *cough* EBB *cough* has a better one.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Probably won't have time. China girl is coming over tonight and work has me busy loving around with this today:

Which will hopefully not look like complete dogshit for much longer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Probably won't have time. China girl is coming over tonight and work has me busy loving around with this today:

triggered

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OnTrac is a tremendously lovely delivery service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oYl1H9VxD4

just search ontrac on youtube and you'll find a few videos of those dudes just hucking packages to the end of the driveway.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yo n4a you can use this when you're out in the field

http://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-S...ea+kettle&psc=1

Convincing.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
loving lol

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oYl1H9VxD4

just search ontrac on youtube and you'll find a few videos of those dudes just hucking packages to the end of the driveway.

yea id use a delivery service that cant even be bothered to spring for a passenger wiper blade :wth:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I should probably call USPS and UPS to give the drivers kudos

I mean bz's

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Well in my world, we finished work at 1 to drink and eat food inspired by my client's products.

It owned.

Civ life owns.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Gf bought a giant package of pork shoulder from costco. I've never cooked it. Was there a crockpot pulled pork thing someone posted here that used shoulder?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ded posted:

Gf bought a giant package of pork shoulder from costco. I've never cooked it. Was there a crockpot pulled pork thing someone posted here that used shoulder?

I used shoulder for this one. Had to cut it up and carve it off the bones, though.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 29, 2016

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

ded posted:

Shoulder (bone in) is pretty much the standard for making pulled pork. Smoke it, braise it in a Dutch oven or stick it in a slow cooker, they all work.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Google "slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches" and it's the first recipe from Food Network. Basically just dried mustard, cumin, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and pepper rub that you slap on and brown the fucker a little bit on all sides before you throw it in the slow cooker. Might have to cut it up a bit like Godholio says if it won't fit, but after the browning it's just toss poo poo in, add enough water to kinda maybe cover the shoulder, and let it go for 12+ hours. Oh, and I also add liquid smoke to the crock pot portion.

Despite being raised by hill people in North Carolina during most of the summers of my formative years, a KC-native roommate of mine at Drum introduced me to Arthur Bryant's and it's been my default barbecue sauce since. Smoky, spicy, tangy, and just a liiiitle sweetness to balance it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Henry's market/Sprouts have awesome pork. They regularly have boneless shoulders for 1.99/lb. If you take it off the bone, make sure you tie it so that it cooks evenly.

• Locked thread