Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

NTT posted:

Point blank sunlight spear, 60 fth, firstborn's/lighning clutch.

350 damage

What the gently caress

It's really strong against metal armour but not otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Vermain posted:

I decided to try out the Cleric's Candlestick on a new Sorcery-focused character to see how outrageously bad it is. At 25 INT, a +4 Cleric's Candlestick was doing 45 damage per hit to Abyss Watchers. Such is the fate of all who dare to use something other than a raw Astora's Straight Sword or a heavy Dark Sword for 9/10ths of the game.
But see you can respec so all you have to do is play 99% of the game with a Vig gouge Raw build and then respec into the thing you actually wanted to play!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Boing posted:

Has anyone figured out the bug where you just don't get summoned ever at all as a Blue Sentinel, Watchdog of Farron, or Aldrich Faithful? I'd love to actually participate in those covenants but I'm stuck invading people with the red orb.

No, not really. Both blues are just, completely broken for most people. Watchdog and Aldritch seem to get good hits, as long as you're in the right level/upgrade range, and if you're not they're dead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

IronicDongz posted:

from loving hates all ranged options this time around, minus great chaos fireball I guess

Bows are insanely useful (though not for damage). Not as useful as in DS2, but way way more useful than DS1.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

argondamn posted:

Thank you whoever just summoned my Sword Master cosplay and stood in the background while I tried to solo the Dancer. Even though I only get her to 60% health it made the process of getting Chaos Blade on this SL23 character worth while.

Lol this is great. You should start running towards the host if they get too far away to complete the experience.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Boing posted:

It's really strong against metal armour but not otherwise

This was PvP

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Digirat posted:

I've been avoiding info about this game to avoid spoilers so I'll only be reading responses to this post, but I was about to pick it up and saw steam reviews commenting on people getting banned from online just for using PS4 controller drivers or using shadowplay, and also hackers able to get OTHER people banned by giving them impossible stats.

I use a PS4 controller with DS4Windows, and I like to use shadowplay to record funny stuff. Can I get some perspectives on how dangerous this is? I really wanted to do a coordinated co-op playthrough after my first character, and co-op is a big part of these games for me, so getting banned would be extremely sad. I don't have any other controllers and I really don't want to touch the rube goldberg machine that is mouse and keyboard controls in dark souls.

People were full of poo poo when they claimed those things in DS2 and they're full of poo poo now.
Hackers can actually get you marked to be reviewed for a soft ban, no idea how likely it is to actually get you banned though. Official support says that restoring a backup save before the actual ban happens will prevent it, though again who knows. It's essentially DS1 rules again and you should keep an up-to-date back up of the save file. Keep in mind that unless you PvP a lot the chance of running into a hacker is essentially zero.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

No, not really. Both blues are just, completely broken for most people. Watchdog and Aldritch seem to get good hits, as long as you're in the right level/upgrade range, and if you're not they're dead.

What is a good level to be at? I'm at level 33 with nothing past +3 in gear. I get hits every now and then, but it's a slog to get them all in all.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I actually renamed myself "Literally Batman" just for you, but it didn't show up for some reason.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Bluff Buster posted:

What is a good level to be at? I'm at level 33 with nothing past +3 in gear. I get hits every now and then, but it's a slog to get them all in all.

Undead Settlement or High Wall of Lothric is a good place to bluecop, if you can get beefed up somehow (playing a low level run or getting a friend to drop stuff) you can get a ton of hits. At that level most people only have way of the blue to choose from. Level 20-25 is usually where i stop to gather ears.

BombiTheZombie fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 30, 2016

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Is there a ring or armor set that makes the swamp area less of a pain in the rear end to traverse?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Castor Poe posted:

Is there a ring or armor set that makes the swamp area less of a pain in the rear end to traverse?
I searched in vain all game for a Rusted Iron Ring equivalent, but there is one trick: The Quickstep weapon art traverses the swamp at normal speed. Just get a +0 Dagger from the old lady and offhand it.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Castor Poe posted:

The quickstep weapon skill on (most?) daggers gets you through swamp water much faster than roll-spamming, that's the only way I know of to speed it up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Castor Poe posted:

Two hand a dagger and spam L2 to hop through it quickly

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Castor Poe posted:

No gunk ring this time.

FROM: Oh you want to traverse this big area halfway competently? :fuckoff:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tallgeese posted:

I actually renamed myself "Literally Batman" just for you, but it didn't show up for some reason.

Would be good if you had some way to actually break his character somehow, you'd be doing the entire community a service then.

Try and load him into an invalid area, or some such.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Explode his computer irl

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

BombiTheZombie posted:

Undead Settlement or High Wall of Lothric is a good place to bluecop, if you can get beefed up somehow (playing a low level run or getting a friend to drop stuff) you can get a ton of hits. At that level most people only have way of the blue to choose from. Level 20-25 is usually where i stop to gather ears.

Any level is a good level to bluecop if From actually lets you bluecop.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm still mad about farming 30 ears and the covenants still being broken despite the patch.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

argondamn posted:

I'm still mad about farming 30 ears and the covenants still being broken despite the patch.

The actual covenant fix patch hasn't dropped yet pretty sure. That's supposed to be 1.06 or whatever and we're still on 1.05 right now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Would be good if you had some way to actually break his character somehow, you'd be doing the entire community a service then.

I did have a savebreaker I never used in DS2. Not here though, sorry!

Plus honestly he'd be back up in five minutes.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Toady posted:

Were your stats reduced? Soulsucker is a spell dating back to Demon's Souls.

i actually can't tell.. does anyone know how many attribute points your're supposed to have at sl29?

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Nothing that a backed up save wouldn't fix for him as well, unfortunately. With what he's doing, he'd have to be a colossal idiot not to have one of his own in order to prevent anyone from counter-griefing him.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
apologies if this was posted already, couldn't find it... definitely my new favorite thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7Xevr0Wxc

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

The actual covenant fix patch hasn't dropped yet pretty sure. That's supposed to be 1.06 or whatever and we're still on 1.05 right now.

Console is on 1.06 and that's what I play.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Yardbomb posted:

Explode his computer irl

Murder this hacker irl. Use your hacking skills to hide his body inside the game's data structure.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ixjuvin posted:

ive lost about 30 invasions in a row now on account of trying to use pyromancy and a weapon that is not a straight sword and i just want A SINGLE loving PALE TONGUE so i can respec out of these dex points i grabbed trying to use weapons that aren't straight swords and i swear to god im going to strangle someone

hmm if only you were on some kind of internet forum where you could maybe set up something via passwords

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

here's to hoping the DLC adds a ring that turns you into a skeleton

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cyberventurer posted:

he'd have to be a colossal idiot

He's a script kiddie, that's their MO

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Instead of the Twinkling Dragon Torso Stone it's the Twinkling Spooby Skelington Stone.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm if only you were on some kind of internet forum where you could maybe set up something via passwords

what a world that would be

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

He's a script kiddie, that's their MO

My eyes almost fell out of my head rolling when he couldn't kill the guy flying. I mean really?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You can't trade covenant items but I guess someone could let him kill them.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

As I demonstrated on a certain imbecile, I can give you Concords.

All caveats of From's stupid ban system apply, but it's safer than doing it yourself if you get to that point.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

He needed your dumb-rear end help to not die to a maggot shining a light from its arse, then he set himself on fire, to death.

he wished to be grossly incandescent

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That would be the best

Someone invade and hit blues with a sword that gives them 30 ears

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tallgeese posted:

As I demonstrated on a certain imbecile, I can give you Concords.

All caveats of From's stupid ban system apply, but it's safer than doing it yourself if you get to that point.
Do you know how From's stupid ban system works? Curious what sorts of things they actually are able to check for considering the things these guys are getting away with. I mean they might be flagging themselves doing it but it doesn't stop them until the softban goes through.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I have loving 465 item find. I am killing two silver knights a minute for hours on end. I am averaging one ear every two hours. HOly loving poo poo this is the worst poo poo. I quit until they fix blue invasions only I hosed up my build to be only luck so I can't even farm those if they fixed it anymore. gently caress!

Side note: How come aldrich can be bled in anri's world but not mine? I was knocking off a quarter of the boss's life every time bleed procced as a summon but as soon as it's my turn it's 300 damage a swing like clockwork.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's probably easier since its for a quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Aldrich does bleed, I think. He just might have different bleed thresholds for the summon.