Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

enojy posted:

I didn't do this and still got the applicable trophy.

I meant if you do that then you don't get the trophy I believe. You have to let it play out to get the achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Based on the thread I was expecting Nameless King to be like impossible, just took me like 4 tries. This game is too easy. :smuggo:

Aaaand the final boss was piss easy. Shame, this game ended on a low note.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

How important is stat scalling on weapons in this game? Figured I would give Dex-building a mercenary a go, but I can't find anything with scalling over a D (still in the walls area). Do I just say gently caress it and use claymores etc, or stick with my scimitars?

I mean, I have a claymore, a couple other things, and a big axe from there mimic, but they all scale Dex at a D or lower...

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Nakar posted:

Aside from getting tongues, is there a good reason not to invade as a mad phantom instead of a regular red?

Why only kill 1 or 2 phantom and leave when you can possibly murder everyone? The blood and shame of your victims are the real trophy, not a trinket.

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres also this: Invading as a Mound Maker will prioritize worlds with many players, allowing for maximum chaos. (from officialPrima guide) No idea if its true

It is, but it's not the covenant but the act of invading that prioritizes worlds with many players. From what I understand the Prima guide is like 50% misinformation.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

Aaaand the final boss was piss easy. Shame, this game ended on a low note.

Everything's easy if you're tanky and sufficiently overlevelled :colbert:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

w00tmonger posted:

How important is stat scalling on weapons in this game? Figured I would give Dex-building a mercenary a go, but I can't find anything with scalling over a D (still in the walls area). Do I just say gently caress it and use claymores etc, or stick with my scimitars?

I mean, I have a claymore, a couple other things, and a big axe from there mimic, but they all scale Dex at a D or lower...

Very important for a physical build, but not until the relevant stat is at least over ~25 or so.

Scaling improves as you reinforce a weapon and can also be changed by infusions. Basically, get a wiki, look up weapons you're interested in to see how they scale at higher levels.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Monomythian posted:

It is, but it's not the covenant but the act of invading that prioritizes worlds with many players. From what I understand the Prima guide is like 50% misinformation.

Prima guide is trash and basically useless. I don't know how they hosed up and went with Prima for this after the Bloodborne guide was so goddamn good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

After doing everything in the base game except the grinding related trophies, I have to say I feel like Bloodborne was a better game.

This is my hot take.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tracula posted:

Did you attack the Fire Keeper? I want to say that's technically its own ending if you kill her.

yes, i did. fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

w00tmonger posted:

Scaling goes up when you improve the weapon. Also there are more gems this time around to mess with scaling so most weapons have average scaling. Example: heavy gem increases strength scaling and decreases dex scaling. Go into the blacksmith infusion screen and preview what happens to the weapons. Wiki will tell you what scaling they max out at.

To really answer your question. its less important then ever. Raw is better then before, and magic infusion are really good and dont require scaling, fire just does awesome fire damage with no investment in magic or fair, (you get chaos later that DOES scale with those if you are a mage build)

It's perfectly viable to just get the basic stats to use a weapon. And then level everything else, vit, endurance, and whatnot and be fine for the game.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 1, 2016

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Mound has been made, took a lotta less time than bluecops. Turning on other invaders when they least expect it for your phantom kill quota rules!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

Oh man, watching people play this game for the first time is an exercise in frustration :negative: "Oh I guess this 30 minute detour was just a dead end, oh well." Why does no one ever look at their surroundings.
I know I'm a huge sperg, but while it's so much fun to see people's first reaction to stuff in this game some people are just skilled at avoiding huge amounts of content.

Did we accidentally make the same costume? It's got the Swordspear and everything!

Means we share the same (good) taste in armors and both pick good looking lovely weapons

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

summonchat: I always play the souls games solo & blind the first run, and I solo any bosses I missed on the second playthrough. that way I get the satisfaction of being gud at the game while also giving myself leeway to do fun multiplayer antics :)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

For any high-strength players having trouble with the Nameless King:

The Nameless King is virtually helpless in the face of an upgraded Dragonslayer Greatshield. At +4 that shield blocks 95% of electrical damage. The only attack that gets through is his move where he impales you, lifts you up and electrocutes you, everything else is harmless. His long-range jump attack is the only thing that can drain your stamina but his recovery is so long after it that you get over being stunned and regenerate your stamina (after getting knocked over). Even his lightning bolt attacks are blockable for negligible damage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

RBA Starblade posted:

Also the crystal sage has a three hit combo where he beats you with his stick, which is hilariously ineffective. Especially compared to the 1100 hp combo hollow. :haw:

It's actually the Crystal Rapier you can make from the soul. :eng101:

She can also stab you directly in the face with it then explode some crystals all over the sword for lots of damage. It's painful.

I had a bitch of a time on Crystal Sage on my whip character you see.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SciFiDownBeat posted:

summonchat: I always play the souls games solo & blind the first run, and I solo any bosses I missed on the second playthrough. that way I get the satisfaction of being gud at the game while also giving myself leeway to do fun multiplayer antics :)

I think I'd try to solo everything if I didn't have a baby and wife that always seem to scream mid boss fight

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

tell them to git gud

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Seed of Giants wears off as soon as you die, doesn't it? :allears:
I've tried to pull enemies to the host when I get summoned via the white soapstone, but they never want to actually follow me too far. The watery part of Road of Sacrifices was my favorite spot for PvP. Feel kinda sad that I'm too overleveled for it now.

The seed stays running until the host dies or warps, causing enemies to target everyone.

It's fun kiting enemies to a seeder, and it's fun to combine with fingers as a host.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mastershakeman posted:

I think I'd try to solo everything if I didn't have a baby and wife that always seem to scream mid boss fight

Change one and then the other.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
How about: Solo a boss until it stops being fun, then summon help so that you can make progress instead of playing a videogame that's no longer being fun.

Some people on the Internet talk as if solo boss kills are something you put on your resume.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

my new dog posted:

How can i have missed 5 bosses

Four are hidden and two are optional and only one of the optional is really obvious

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

Are you sure you aren't just playing bloodborne

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mr Dog posted:

Some people on the Internet talk as if solo boss kills are something you put on your resume.

This. People are way too serious about beating bosses without phantoms.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Mr Dog posted:

How about : Solo a boss until it stops being fun, then summon help so that you can make progress instead of playing a videogame that's no longer being fun.

So solo till you beat the game, huh?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr Dog posted:

How about : Solo a boss until it stops being fun, then summon help so that you can make progress instead of playing a videogame that's no longer being fun.

Fun? Fun? Do you think this is a game!?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I would really like to see the next Souls game have some bosses with adaptive AI stats for phantoms versus solo.

Instead of the boss randomly going between the two or three phantoms it would actively try to corral them or hit in multiple directions.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Need a boss that adds extra copies for each phantom you summon. Can you imagine a 2v2 tag team match against the Gundyr Bros?

From should make a wrestling game next

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

It like to see some mandatory summon boss's. Either npc or real peoples. It's really fun to coop bosses, but 9/10 are really easy when my Pyro is never targeted and I just blast them the whole time.

Some bosses designed to not be easy mode when cooping would be great

Abyss watchdogs would have been great if it spawned 3 for every player.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Dragon taint = hosed!

Wait that came out wrong.

I beat dragonslayer armour before him and now I want to respec to use the greataxe, but I don't want to screw up sirris quest line :(

e: is there any wonderful person that has a spare mendicants staff they could drop me? :ohdear:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would really like to see the next Souls game have some bosses with adaptive AI stats for phantoms versus solo.

Instead of the boss randomly going between the two or three phantoms it would actively try to corral them or hit in multiple directions.

That would be great. I love co-op, co-op is a good thing, it's just that Dark Souls bosses aren't even remotely designed with it in mind.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That would be cool and for some bosses like Abyss Watchers the more help you summon the more Watchers rise from the dead, until it's like your team versus 20 of those loving things.

It would take a little more work on their part & balancing but if they put in the effort they could make solo and co-op entirely separate but enjoyable gaming experiences.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tracula posted:

This. People are way too serious about beating bosses without phantoms.

I'm going to edge out someone over a consultancy job because I killed Yhorm without the Storm Ruler :yarr:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lovely Senorita posted:

I'm going to edge out someone over a consultancy job because I killed Yhorm without the Storm Ruler :yarr:

But only if you do it at SL1

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That would be great. I love co-op, co-op is a good thing, it's just that Dark Souls bosses aren't even remotely designed with it in mind.
The enemies aren't really either. The point of co-op is rolling over the game crushing everything, it's fun just punking on everything that would otherwise give you trouble.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Lovely Senorita posted:

"It says here you summoned phantoms for 80% of the bosses in Dark Souls 3? Sorry, but this company only hires the best of the best. If you ever git gud you know how to contact us"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

The enemies aren't really either. The point of co-op is rolling over the game crushing everything, it's fun just punking on everything that would otherwise give you trouble.

Yeah, but it's already trivially easy to just run past every non-boss enemy so you're not really losing anything there.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm going to rush to NG+++ and dual wield twin princes greatswords as my new build.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
My point is it's not "losing" something, really, what makes it fun is that it's a stomp. Making it a sorta monster hunter thing where it's balanced with like 4 people would be cool to, but for a different sort of person than the people who like co-op now.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

IronicDongz posted:

My point is it's not "losing" something, really, what makes it fun is that it's a stomp. Making it a sorta monster hunter thing where it's balanced with like 4 people would be cool to, but for a different sort of person than the people who like co-op now.

I'd love to see FROM make a game with the Souls engine that was balanced entirely around co-op. It'd be an interesting change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mastershakeman posted:

Dear little Ocelotte

Obligatum VII posted:

I'd love to see FROM make a game with the Souls engine that was balanced entirely around co-op. It'd be an interesting change of pace.

This except all the levels are randomly generated chalice dungeons so you don't know exactly what to expect around every corner.

I'm angry people hated Chalice dungeons so much because it means From is probably never gonna try them again.