Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm glad they gave up the movie-every-year idea they had for a while. although it's a shame it took their lead actor dying to do it. :(

However if he hadn't died, they still would be releasing then alongside X-men movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So TMZ just posted the following headline:

quote:

FAST & FURIOUS 8' HORSE KILLED BY FLYING 'ICEBERG'

I know it's wrong to laugh, but man, that's a pretty Fast and Furious way to lose a horse.

quote:

A horse went down like the Titanic near the "Fast 8" set in Iceland after gale force winds sent a fake iceberg flying into a paddock where the animal was grazing.

Local police tell us the horse, named Jupiter, had to be euthanized. Strong winds sent a portion of a plastic iceberg -- a set piece for the movie -- flying and it struck the horse, breaking its leg. Another horse was also injured but is expected to recover.
Neither was involved in the production -- just a case of wrong time and place.

We're told production called the horse owner and broke the news but said insurance would cover the cost of the horse and fence repair.

R.I.P. Jupiter.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I am upset at hearing that the horses were not involved in production, this movie franchise really needs some horse riding sequences.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Proposition Joe posted:

I am upset at hearing that the horses were not involved in production, this movie franchise really needs some horse riding sequences.

Pfft, you can't hook a horse up to NOS

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Snowman_McK posted:

...or can you?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

...or can you?

neigh.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
But imagine a shirtless Vin Diesel riding his black stallion into the susnset...

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Squirt some mustard up its rear end and watch it run until it dies :(

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Snowman_McK posted:

http://www.rocketjump.com/?video=high-plains-drifter

It's certainly not unheard of.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Black Ops douche: "This highway is impregnable. Drones that will converge and attack anything emitting carbon dioxide, bombs rigged up to NOS detecting sensors, EMP guns every 30 yards wired to trip lines. You are not getting on this road"
Roman: "So they got the high tech covered...let's go low tech"
Black Ops douche: "And how do you propose we do that"
Roman: "I don't know man didn't you ever watch Ben Hur those guys were super low tech let's get some horses and spears and poo poo"
Dominic: "Tej, I need the unholy mix between that horse and that Charger"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Black Ops douche: "This highway is impregnable. Drones that will converge and attack anything emitting carbon dioxide, bombs rigged up to NOS detecting sensors, EMP guns every 30 yards wired to trip lines. You are not getting on this road"
Roman: "I don't know man didn't you ever watch Ben Hur those guys were super low tech let's get some horses and spears and poo poo"

I'm 100% in for that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

This horse has ten horsepower.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I have the strength of a bear that has the strength of two bears.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

WhyteRyce posted:

Related, there's an incredible film called The Eliminators about a man who travels back in time to get Roman stuff to turn into a high tech suit of armor and he owns a private army and is opposed by a scientist, a ninja, Bayou Billy, and a guy mounted on a wheeled platform named Mandroid. The entire film is on Youtube. Please enjoy this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Would watch the poo poo out of this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Game of Throne's Kristofer Hivju to play the villain's henchman.

http://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-actor-kristofer-hivju-to-battle-vin-diesels-crew-in-fast-8-exclusive/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Adding to the above, Charlize Theron has signed on for Fast 8

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really hope she's Jason Statham's sister.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

How many arms will her character have?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Armyman25 posted:

How many arms will her character have?

2 but obviously she's going to lose one by the end of the film.

Come on Vin, get us the trifecta and get Dame Helen as the Shaw matriarch.

E: and reports confirm that she's in fact playing the film's main villain. this is gonna own so much.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 10, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

His father was a man with no name. His name is probably Shepard 2.0.

https://twitter.com/FastFurious/status/719562051845275648

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

Am I crazy or was Shepard a Mass Effect reference?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It begins!

Cuba
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x476shq_camara-oculta-graba-fast-furious-8-en-la-habana_news

Iceland
http://www.filmstarts.de/filme/bildergalerien/bildergalerie-18503954/

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

These pictures just make me wish we'd get a Fast and Furious film directed by George Miller.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

YEEEESSSSSSS

The MSJ posted:

gently caress Scott Eastwood.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Scott Eastwood is one of the most handsome dudes I think I've ever seen but hoo he's been a terrible actor in everything I've seen him in (like, two things)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mandrel posted:

Scott Eastwood is one of the most handsome dudes I think I've ever seen but hoo he's been a terrible actor in everything I've seen him in (like, two things)

A perfect replacement for Paul Walker then.

Too soon?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

A perfect replacement for Paul Walker then.

Too soon?

Too honest :cry:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mandrel posted:

He's looks like a lazy 'create a character' in a video game.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Mandrel posted:

I saw him in Diablo, and all I can really say is if you're going to make a star vehicle for someone, don't put them up against Walton Goggins. You end up wishing the movie was about him and not Eastwood.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Armyman25 posted:

Walton Goggins.

I just had a vision of him as the villain of Fast Nine and now I'm afraid I'll accept no substitute.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

ninjahedgehog posted:

I just had a vision of him as the villain of Fast Nine and now I'm afraid I'll accept no substitute.

I will take Walton Goggins in absolutely anything but he would just blow everyone out of the water in Fast Nine and it would be beautiful.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Coffee And Pie posted:

What if he returns in a souped up Pork Chop Express?

With Theron added to the cast, I would accept if souped up The Pork Chop was a precursor to the War Rig.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

I will take Walton Goggins in absolutely anything but he would just blow everyone out of the water in Fast Nine and it would be beautiful.

If you aren't already aware he does have a new show starting up this summer on HBO, it's called "Vice Principals" and it's about him and Danny McBride fighting over who gets to be principal of a high school after the old one steps down.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

muscles like this? posted:

If you aren't already aware he does have a new show starting up this summer on HBO, it's called "Vice Principals" and it's about him and Danny McBride fighting over who gets to be principal of a high school after the old one steps down.

I will watch anything with Danny McBride in it, that dude is loving amazing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

McBRIDE - GOGGINS is all the tagline this show needs, don't even bother trying to come up with something clever

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WarLocke posted:

He's probably filming the Prometheus sequel right now.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

McBRIDE - GOGGINS is all the tagline this show needs, don't even bother trying to come up with something clever

gently caress!
Now I want them BOTH in the F&F franchise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Video from filming in Cuba.

And pictures:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
Those cars look like if someone heard about cuban hot rodders over a phone.

"They're under an embargo so getting spares is expensive and they have to make do."
"so like mad max?"
"not rea-"
"50s car with no doors, got you fam"

• Locked thread