Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think we've so poorly handled old friends and their own concerns about these things that they've walked away. I view the likes of Endie, Blawrf, Suas (Who I can't stand by the way) turning against us as an indicator of an internal sickness that needs to be solved. Basically we need to huff our own farts a little less.

Not empty quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

thy're not gonna tell us can you please just let us know for fucks sake

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

cravius posted:

thy're not gonna tell us can you please just let us know for fucks sake

This too

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

I'm not going back. Also I am thoroughly blacklisted.

:wtf: :wth:

Why?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i dont actually know if you're arguing with him specifically, he said something like "tallardar is stupid" so im going to agree with him?

Their opinions matters as much to me as Slacks' opinions do.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think that these last four pages which I skipped overlook the most important question: was JanIrvam right the whole time?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CommonShore posted:

I think that these last four pages which I skipped overlook the most important question: was JanIrvam right the whole time?

no.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

no i was right

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
good autoban idiot

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

i want to see what she's being so god drat coy about teehee I Have Big Reasons But I'm Not Sharing

The Big Announcement!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

finally, the russian politics primer

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Morris posted:

Eh her post was much more this than madposting an evepraisal link (all other context from that episode aside). Taking it as a fuckgoons threat is a bit paranoid.

I do agree that it would be better to lay out the issue rather than tossing out some innuendo and mic dropping. Preserving the confidentiality of the culprits sounds noble but they don't deserve it. Sometimes you need maggots to cure gangrene :sun:

I took it more in-between. Like, I didn't see it as a duck goons threat, but didn't see it as benign either.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Guys I have a huge secret about shady dealings in GSF, but I will only tell if deadtear wears a three wolf moon shirt and sends me a pic of his butthole.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

good autoban idiot

Yep. I was making an Indian food thread and read "hot" in the other sense, totally distracted by fixing auto-generating BB tags.

At least it gave me a good thread title when I actually posted it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think that like it or not r/eve has basically become the new Kugu, and refusing to get in on the ground floor as opposed to just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what would stick was probably a mistake. We've proven time and time again that we can shift and move the culture of Eve Online, not applying those lessons there was stupid.

So, I thought your whole post was real interesting and thoughtfully written, but I'm gonna reply to this part. Didn't goons try to get in on the ground floor, making dreddit and TEST early allies? But we failed, because (pick your narrative if this doesn't fit) leaders of each couldn't get along. And then the Rubicon was crossed, bridges burnt, dickbutts huffed, etc. Forever war.

It's really unfortunate things turned out that way, and a great failure from the past few years for many of the people involved. On both sides, frankly. Line members of each group had a good thing going and made many friends before it all went to poo poo.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think that like it or not r/eve has basically become the new Kugu, and refusing to get in on the ground floor as opposed to just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what would stick was probably a mistake.

nah, not possible

moderators of that subreddit are comically hostile towards us, the chances of it being a neutral ground were nil from the moment it sprang into existence

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've openly stated that I don't care for turning goons into a brand, and that I'm not at all happy about how our leadership has issues separating their Media Identities via The Shittiest Eve News Website Dot Com and their leadership of GSF. I think this would largely be solved if like our number one and number two guy weren't stakeholders in the big dumb gay media empire.

Then there was the making GBS threads on the stupid kickstarter with its retarded 30k for publishing and editing costs. Or everything with TMC since the redesign.

Ullerrm nailed it though. Specific criticism about specific things are not "punished".

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah, not possible

moderators of that subreddit are comically hostile towards us, the chances of it being a neutral ground were nil from the moment it sprang into existence

We turned it hostile against us by mishandling everything about it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

yeah dhd and gorski car being mods was us mishandling it :v:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

frozenphil posted:

Guys I have a huge secret about shady dealings in GSF, but I will only tell if deadtear wears a three wolf moon shirt and sends me a pic of his butthole.

Thankfully any picture of his face has you covered, nothing but poo poo comes out of his mouth.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gently caress Reddit and gently caress every thing about our stupid involvement with TEST

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

if reddit wasnt a hostile circlejerk full of unfunny shitlords and women-haters how would that benefit goonfleet :allears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

this is probably the funniest thing i've read today

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zephyrine posted:

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

Don't reopen old wounds to please Internet spacemen. Understand that you made accusations and some people (me included) take the opinion that it would have been better to either keep it private or put it all out there so that the accused parties can defend themselves and everyone else can see what is being done in their name. You are under no obligation to make us happy if it is too painful.

Regardless of what you intended everyone has blasted it all over the Internet (including someone on your new side) and jammed their own speculation into it. You are a good poster and I always used your JF service over cheaper ones because you had such a great reputation. I don't really envy your position but people aren't being unreasonable when they're put off by the half-secrecy.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I want to join the rock Bros Corp. How do I get in there?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

this is probably the funniest thing i've read today

If you go back to only pre-Fountain, the sub was overwhelmingly pro CFC.
If you go back to Fountain era, it was a mix, but there was a lot of TEST circlejerks
Modern day, the whole of r/eve is a circlejerk against us

n.b. the 'hostile' mods weren't the original mods by a long way, which was like 2 people and they were neutral-ish.
We absolutely could have interacted better with r/eve other than to repeatedly call it poo poo.

e: don't take my word for it - you can see r/eve over time here: http://www.editgym.com/reddit-time-machine

It's largely a non-partisan discussion board up until very recently. It's only been in hyper rage mode since the kickstarter.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 4, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Kickstarter was a great idea

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Despera posted:

Kickstarter was a great idea

This whole "war" and "loss" of Imperium space was planned at a BBQ for a kickstarter for an even better book, as the Imperium reconquers it's space.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

yeah dhd and gorski car being mods was us mishandling it :v:

I don't think Gorski gives a gently caress about goons beyond their lovely posting on r/eve

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Khablam posted:

If you go back to Fountain era, it was a mix, but there was a lot of TEST circlejerks

n.b. the 'hostile' mods weren't the original mods by a long way, which was like 2 people and they were neutral-ish.
We absolutely could have interacted better with r/eve other than to repeatedly call it poo poo.

e: don't take my word for it - you can see r/eve over time here: http://www.editgym.com/reddit-time-machine

It's largely a non-partisan discussion board up until very recently. It's only been in hyper rage mode since the kickstarter.

The kickstarter, the viceroy crap, and also evicting Horde from Content Ring because they bought into Gobbins' troll (talk about a self fulfilling prophecy there holy poo poo).

The Horde thing really galvanized a lot of the propaganda nerds into making GBS threads on goons, which accelerated what was already happening with the other two points.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so you're saying "sion sucks, sion sucks, you guys having fun sucks" but in a stupid way that includes the word content for no reason

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

so you're saying "sion sucks, sion sucks, you guys having fun sucks" but in a stupid way that includes the word content for no reason

i got a 30 day probation for asking whats sion in your ask a director thread, i have been away long enough i didn't know he/she did website stuff or whatever but i was mainly showing support for your modship your welcome

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Spill the beans zephyrine

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
rip pnuka

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mnoba posted:

i got a 30 day probation for asking whats sion in your ask a director thread, i have been away long enough i didn't know he/she did website stuff or whatever but i was mainly showing support for your modship your welcome

sion is martin bormann i think is the line?

he's the #2 afaik and is the head diplo and he has pee pants

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Those were both sion's ideas? That's pretty great. :laugh:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Khablam posted:

alright, i'll bite

paging through 2012 posts that mention "cfc" complain about the blob and battle reports that we've lost

by about august of 2012 the anti-cfc posts start to pick up quite a bit

so yeah not seeing it sorry, looks pretty hostile to me, certainly not "overwhelmingly pro-cfc"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

alright, i'll bite

paging through 2012 posts that mention "cfc" complain about the blob and battle reports that we've lost

by about august of 2012 the anti-cfc posts start to pick up quite a bit

so yeah not seeing it sorry, looks pretty hostile to me, certainly not "overwhelmingly pro-cfc"

Skimming hard for what you want to see there.

Immediately after Mittani goes on stage and does his thing r/eve responds well to Powers posting a joke about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/rfhf3/kill_yours_wait_skill_yourself/

A month later there's still strong support for Goons: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/sv9oj/ccp_on_jita_burn/

It continues for a long time being much of nothing.

Compare that to the 800 posts of rampant howling over every word Mittani says. You can't make a pro-imperium comment that stays above -10 at the moment.

I don't think you genuinely believe there is no path from 2012 to 2016 that looks any different

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Those were both sion's ideas? That's pretty great. :laugh:

idk but im pretty sure he got put out there as the public face

i could be wrong on this though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Khablam posted:

Skimming hard for what you want to see there.

Immediately after Mittani goes on stage and does his thing r/eve responds well to Powers posting a joke about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/rfhf3/kill_yours_wait_skill_yourself/

A month later there's still strong support for Goons: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/sv9oj/ccp_on_jita_burn/

It continues for a long time being much of nothing.

Compare that to the 800 posts of rampant howling over every word Mittani says.

I don't think you genuinely believe there is no path from 2012 to 2016 that looks any different

i definitely agree that the mob opinion is more violently against us now than before but trying to spin two posts as "overwhelmingly pro-cfc" when there are dozens alone with "cfc" in the title that brag about "dunking" or complaining about blobbing is pretty tenuous

• Locked thread