Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Eel hovercraft posted:

Wasn't Neil the one who was in some Japanese magazine ad as a kid?

Neil Campbell, Child Model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Practical Demon posted:

This tour has made me realize how much Lauren Lapkus seems to like the word pussy. I don't think there's been one where she hasn't said it.

Listen to the wild horses podcast on howl. It's kind of the only word she and the rest of the ladies ever say.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

He's lived a charmed life.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm so loving excited for the Denver show that I can barely contain myself guys. Bummed I won't be seeing Neil though :smith:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ArtVandelay posted:

Listen to the wild horses podcast on howl. It's kind of the only word she and the rest of the ladies ever say.

Pussy is to wild horses as dick/rear end in a top hat is to Adam Scott Aukerman

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Is Neil going to be at the NYC shows? I'm seeing them on Sunday, if that helps.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
According to the original announcement on the podcast, the NYC shows will be Neil's last appearances.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Seaniqua posted:

According to the original announcement on the podcast, the NYC shows will be Neil's last appearances.

Wonderful news. Thank you.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

sounds like you're seeing a show just in the nick of...... TIME???

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Probably a longshot, but if anyone does have any extra tickets to any of the CBB NYC shows this weekend hit me up, have a friend coming into town to wants to go but didn't manage to snag any tickets initially.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Went to the late show tonight. Do people put characters in spoiler tags? I guess I'll do that. PFT killed as Andrew Lloyd Weber. I actually saw him do that character with Bobby Moynihan, I think last year? at an NYC show, but I didn't mind seeing him again because ALW is by far my favorite non-Cake Boss PFT character. Lauren was funny as a vapid teen pop star, though she completely failed to define her character to the point that PFT called her "Traci" by accident at one point. Neil Campbell was great as one of the guests, as was... a woman I did not recognize! So if anyone knows who that was, lmk, because she was very funny. I feel like I'm gonna end up envious of some of the guests they get on other shows this weekend (I have no idea who was on the early show), but I'm really happy with the show I went to.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Looks like Rogue Wave popped up at (presumably) the early show, which would kinda be a letdown even though they were solid as far as musical guests! go

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

Went to the late show tonight. Do people put characters in spoiler tags? I guess I'll do that. PFT killed as Andrew Lloyd Weber. I actually saw him do that character with Bobby Moynihan, I think last year? at an NYC show, but I didn't mind seeing him again because ALW is by far my favorite non-Cake Boss PFT character. Lauren was funny as a vapid teen pop star, though she completely failed to define her character to the point that PFT called her "Traci" by accident at one point. Neil Campbell was great as one of the guests, as was... a woman I did not recognize! So if anyone knows who that was, lmk, because she was very funny. I feel like I'm gonna end up envious of some of the guests they get on other shows this weekend (I have no idea who was on the early show), but I'm really happy with the show I went to.

According to Laurens twitter, it was Fran Gillespie. She's been on CBB and I4H several times. Her appearances on I4H are usually pretty funny.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like last night was Neil Campbells last night on the tour. Let's hope we got a return of Time Keeper and his trusty dog Lucky!

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Are they signing anything after the show?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Everyone shuffled out pretty quickly after the 7:00 show ended last night, didn't seem like it for that show at least.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Action Man posted:

Are they signing anything after the show?

Yes. I got them to sign my pocket square and I've seen pictures of people getting their iPhones and Monopoly money signed.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Caved in and resubbed to Howl, and holy poo poo these live shows are good.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Being able to use that wonderful unofficial RSS feed website has convinced me to keep Howl. Otherwise that goddamn app was going straight to the bin.

Howl still needs to figure out exactly what it is. The 'netflix for podcasts' is stupid, there's a million podcasts out there and they're by and large free. It's not like netflix where the offer was pay a certain amount per month and get all this stuff that you used to pay separately for in one place. But if the proposition is subscribe to get X hours of quality production podcasts per month like Uncle Berties and Superego's then I think it's a better offer. Uncle Berties reminds me of the old Hitchhikers Guide audio play, and that's a niche that's not really accounted for well in the 'free' market as opposed to here's another comedian hosting a podcast.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Oh my god, Neil Campbell loving kills it at the second Boston show.

IT WAS A WATCHDOG!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Stop rubbing it in that he's not gonna be at the Detroit show this weekend. :mad:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

whydirt posted:

Stop rubbing it in that he's not gonna be at the Detroit show this weekend. :mad:

Hey, Mike Hanford is one of the top Mikes from the Birthday Boys.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
You also get to see the show live, so go screw :mad:.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Yeah Florida doesn't get poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Eel hovercraft posted:

Oh my god, Neil Campbell loving kills it at the second Boston show.

IT WAS A WATCHDOG!

He's really good in the fourth New York show too.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah Florida doesn't get poo poo.

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about this. My friend who lives in Atlanta told Scott how disappointed I am that I can't make it to any of the shows, and Scott said I'm dead to him. :rip:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Always like episodes with Maria Bamford, she's just so willing to talk about how messed up she is and she comes off very genuine because of it. Also she's pretty funny.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
CBB live tour of Australia I am hype.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2016/05/17/comedian-scott-aukerman-to-bring-comedy-bang-bang-live-tour-to-aus/

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

It's funny how they paint him as some Hollywood insider because he's got some good interviews with some up and comers over the years, I'd love to see the looks on the faces of people who show up because of that article and he's just hanging out with whoever the gently caress has a week off to fly to Australia.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Tix pre-bf for Sydney $68 or Meet and Greet $171. I'd like some confirmation on who is coming (Gotta be PFT right) before I plonk down the cash, as that's slightly more than what the Thrilling Adventure Hour was charging which was a much bigger production.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Went to the Dallas show tonight. Good show.

Mike Hanford opened, did a bit of stand-up and did some Ducky Powell, including the song. I guess people are spoiling the character stuff? PFT was Mike the Janitor, extending on his bit from the NC show about McCrory by lambasting Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick for the same reasons, at least when they weren't wondering how Raul Julia's distant cousin would feel upon discovering Paul Giamatti's grave. Lauren Lapkus was a character that I want to say was new(EDIT: Not new, just from an episode of With Special Guest I haven't heard, name is Craigory James), a male hair stylist who makes sure you can remember 3 things: he's 12 feet tall, he has 9 kids, and his wife has gigantic tits. And then there was Hanford as John Lennon, who was just the perfect affable weirdo to throw into that conversation.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 18, 2016

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Shunkymonky posted:

Tix pre-bf for Sydney $68 or Meet and Greet $171. I'd like some confirmation on who is coming (Gotta be PFT right) before I plonk down the cash, as that's slightly more than what the Thrilling Adventure Hour was charging which was a much bigger production.

Initially I was a bit annoyed that I had to pay $90 for a good seat at CBB live in Melbourne. But then I thought, you know what, I've been listening to this free show for 7 years. It's one of my favourite things and the only money I've ever contributed to it is the handful of live ep bundles they've done over the years. I paid a similar amount to see Weird Al earlier this year and that felt justifiable because it's more of a production, but I like CBB way more than Weird Al so whatever.

Also Lauren tweeted a thing about coming to Australia and tagged Scott and Paul in it so it seems to be the same lineup as the current tour. Pretty happy with that.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Chris Gethard is a super chill guy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone should watch The Chris Gethard Show. It's amazing from the very first public access episode (and was probably amazing before that, too).

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can confirm, Gethard is the best. TCGS is great and highly recommended, even if the fan community got to be a bit much at times.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just listening to the latest ep, does Woody Allen sound like Donald Trump now? Is that a thing?

Also I am not super familiar with Chris Gethard but I found him very likeable so far, and on that clip of his call-in show on This American Life.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Just listening to the latest ep, does Woody Allen sound like Donald Trump now? Is that a thing?

Also I am not super familiar with Chris Gethard but I found him very likeable so far, and on that clip of his call-in show on This American Life.

He's Woody Allen's son.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Chris Gethard was once hired by Toyota or someone to emcee a tent a Lollapalooza. It was a little tent where he would just bullshit on stage and then they had bands come and play the (extremely small and intimate) tent and he would interview them. That year I spent probably a quarter of my time at the festival in that tent. At one point I talked to him and told him how great it was and he seemed legitimately surprised and said he had absolutely no directions and had no idea what he was doing. He was super sweet and that surprise Chris Gethard tent is one of my favorite memories. I also saw super tiny Frightened Rabbits and Family of the Year sets which was awesome.

Also his book (A Bad Idea I'm About to Do) (I think) is actually really good. He has a half-hour from last year that's good, too.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Are all the NYC shows worth listening to?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

Are all the NYC shows worth listening to?

I liked them even though I binged and started to feel burned out by the end after six episodes in three days, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

tnimark posted:

Initially I was a bit annoyed that I had to pay $90 for a good seat at CBB live in Melbourne. But then I thought, you know what, I've been listening to this free show for 7 years. It's one of my favourite things and the only money I've ever contributed to it is the handful of live ep bundles they've done over the years. I paid a similar amount to see Weird Al earlier this year and that felt justifiable because it's more of a production, but I like CBB way more than Weird Al so whatever.

Also Lauren tweeted a thing about coming to Australia and tagged Scott and Paul in it so it seems to be the same lineup as the current tour. Pretty happy with that.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about it. Tickets in Australia are always going to be pricey so $90 is pretty good.

The Facebook page just announced PFT and Lauren Lapkins would there. Fingers crossed for the...... TIME keeper.