Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

ChogsEnhour posted:

Any tips for Lillith?

Hope you get BFF or the Car Battery from stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Just pretend you're still shooting from her, but have to lead your shots a lot more.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Pivotal Lever posted:

Hope you get BFF or the Car Battery from stores.

Both of my best runs have come from these.

Anchors posted:

Just pretend you're still shooting from her, but have to lead your shots a lot more.

Cheers. Still trying to get the Greed Machine up to 999 before I go back to the regular game to try for the Lost. Bought the original Isaac, the DLC. Afterbirth and DLC for PC and bought them both AGAIN for the Xbox. I have a problem.

That problem being a job I have to go to instead of playing BOI all day. :getin:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The Lost is complete in Wii U. The answer was Holy Mantle and homing Parasite shots. So relieved.

And now for the last two things to do - complete a Super Meat Boy and find the Godhead in the dungeon.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The Lost is complete in Wii U. The answer was Holy Mantle and homing Parasite shots. So relieved.

And now for the last two things to do - complete a Super Meat Boy and find the Godhead in the dungeon.

I got Super Meat Buy by cheesing Lilith in Greed Mode. Reroll until there's a Cube of Meat in the shop, then dupe that SOB until you get it. I think that's still an option, I haven't touched Greed Mode in some time. (Did this on PC, Don't have a Wii U so not sure if that is viable)

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

bucksmash posted:

I got Super Meat Buy by cheesing Lilith in Greed Mode. Reroll until there's a Cube of Meat in the shop, then dupe that SOB until you get it. I think that's still an option, I haven't touched Greed Mode in some time. (Did this on PC, Don't have a Wii U so not sure if that is viable)

Anything that lets you get multiple uses out of the Box of Friends without leaving a room should work. Including the Boss Rush since each wave gives you 2 rooms worth of item charge, or getting the Sack Head and getting lots of batteries from a big pile of sacks.

Is it me or does Sack Head absolutely drown you with cards, pills, and batteries? My pet theory is that sacks are the same rarity as cards/pills/batteries, that Sack Head will try to spawn more sacks when you pick up a sack, but recursion prevention will switch it to the other items of the same rarity.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Lilith is not in the Wii U version is she?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've put over 300 hours into Rebirth on the PC. Never got Meatboy/Bandage Girl until I cheesed Lilith in greed mode.

Within days on the Xbox 1 I'd made Bandage Girl twice. :ThatsIsaac:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jibo posted:

Lilith is not in the Wii U version is she?

She isn't. Current status on Afterbirth is "soon."

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Low speed vs. war :smith:

There wasn't a thing I could do. He just ran me down until I was dead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

500+ hours, and I just got to find out that there's an animation if you get Super Bum. (First time I got it.)

EDIT: Two hours later I played again, and got him for the second time in a row...

IUG fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 24, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yo i've beaten everything with everyone except the lost and unlocking keeper what am i supposed to do now just grind greed mode :effort:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Nah, just use Cheat Engine or something.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Unlocking The Keeper is easy now that they've lowered the greed donation machine's jam chance. You'll usually be more limited by the amount of money you get to him rather than the machine jamming.

Unless you just really hate playing greed mode, then just use cheat engine I guess.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Super No Vacancy posted:

yo i've beaten everything with everyone except the lost and unlocking keeper what am i supposed to do now just grind greed mode :effort:

Play greed mode until you unlock Holy Mantle for The Lost and then play as one of the most fun characters for a while and then unlock Keeper and never play as them.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Get blank card and two of diamonds. You'll knock it out fast.

Go in with 100 coins. Spend 50. Blank card. Spend 50. Use card. Spend 100. Yay!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.twitch.tv/northernlion/v/68794071?t=00h46m52s

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Well this was a conjunction of highly unlikely things all happening at once. Bombed the keeper + 2 mushrooms in the center of the secret room. 1 bomb well spent. :aaa:

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
I'm still fairly new to Isaac, but with the help of Guppy's Paw, Money = Power and the Spun Transformation I was finally able to beat Mom's Heart.

This game is hard. I was at a -28 streak before I just now got the win.

Thank you for sharing in my small victory!

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

So who wants to guess on how the new character is gonna be even worse than the Keeper?

John the Baptist. Start with Guillotine and severe knockback susceptibility that knocks your torso away and leaves your head floating where you got hit. You have to regain your head before leaving the room. John starts with low speed and low health. You cannot fly while headless. You die immediately if hit while flying over impassable terrain. Both the head and body are susceptible to damage at all times.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I've been trying to beat Ultra Greed with every character. Eve actually wasn't as much of a nightmare as I was expecting. I'm down to just Lazarus, The Lost and ??? with about 580 coins in the Greed Machine. Unlocking Keeper is going to be a real bitch.

Also, in a recent Greed Mode run I got Dr Fetus, Monstro's Lung and The Parasite. It was beautiful.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

I've been trying to beat Ultra Greed with every character. Eve actually wasn't as much of a nightmare as I was expecting. I'm down to just Lazarus, The Lost and ??? with about 580 coins in the Greed Machine. Unlocking Keeper is going to be a real bitch.

My Lazarus strategy is "Go die to the outside of a pain room immediately, take your starting pill. Restart if it isn't Tears/Luck/Health Up."

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

My Lazarus strategy is "Go die to the outside of a pain room immediately, take your starting pill. Restart if it isn't Tears/Luck/Health Up."

Wait, why die instantly? I figured you'd be best off saving that. I agree with taking the pill and not continuing unless it's Tears/Luck/Health Up, though - I also tend to restart if the first silver room item isn't some kind of attack boost. Always fun to start with Tears Up + Little Steven.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

BreakAtmo posted:

Wait, why die instantly? I figured you'd be best off saving that. I agree with taking the pill and not continuing unless it's Tears/Luck/Health Up, though - I also tend to restart if the first silver room item isn't some kind of attack boost. Always fun to start with Tears Up + Little Steven.

revived Lazarus has a much higher damage and speed stat, as well as the bleeding from taking damage, and non-negative luck

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

How Rude posted:

revived Lazarus has a much higher damage and speed stat, as well as the bleeding from taking damage, and non-negative luck

poo poo, really? Somehow I never knew that. So then he's a kind of pseudo-Judas. I'll use that next time. Maybe one day I'll finally see Super Bum!

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 31, 2016

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Fuuuuck the "Family Man" challenge. I beat them all on the PC version but doing it all again on the Xbox and just ffffuck.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I usually wait for the Devil deal and spend my initial health there. Gives you more bang for your buck.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

IMJack posted:

Anything that lets you get multiple uses out of the Box of Friends without leaving a room should work. Including the Boss Rush since each wave gives you 2 rooms worth of item charge, or getting the Sack Head and getting lots of batteries from a big pile of sacks.

Is it me or does Sack Head absolutely drown you with cards, pills, and batteries? My pet theory is that sacks are the same rarity as cards/pills/batteries, that Sack Head will try to spawn more sacks when you pick up a sack, but recursion prevention will switch it to the other items of the same rarity.

The best is getting a battery friend and getting like 800 familiars during every level of greed mode. Also from experience I'm pretty sure sack head doesn't have recursion prevention unless that was added later.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

How Rude posted:

Welp, I took your advice and beat Ultra Greed with Lazarus. You could try and claim it had more to do with me finding a Blank Card and a Chaos Card on the same floor, but I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

New Blog update

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Fcuk Quest looks amazing.

Also, new character is... interesting.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

So.... Cain 2?

I hope it's not another garbage type character, but something like Samson or Lilith.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sanctum posted:

Well this was a conjunction of highly unlikely things all happening at once. Bombed the keeper + 2 mushrooms in the center of the secret room. 1 bomb well spent. :aaa:

I once got the magic mush and the mini mush in one of those rooms.

Then I used a pill I had also found before grabbing the mushrooms, it was a telepill, took me straight to the error room. :suicide:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Spergminer posted:

So.... Cain 2?

I hope it's not another garbage type character, but something like Samson or Lilith.

Cain doesn't start with an active item, and has higher speed and damage than Isaac rather than "slightly lower". Just having the same starting health doesn't make it the same character, any more than Samson or Lazarus are the same as Isaac or each other.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
So we don't know what Void is going to do? That part's intentionally cut off?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

More like Azazel 2.0 :v:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Finally unlocked The Body. I do love Glass Cannon sometimes.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

chippy posted:

So we don't know what Void is going to do? That part's intentionally cut off?

Yeah its intentionally cut off but pick ups are like hearts and pennies not actual item pedestals.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Anyone else think The Keeper should be able to receive health up items? It'd still be an interesting, challenging character and without soul/black hearts you'd have to be real careful if you wanted devil deals.

Still trying to beat SPEED and BRAINS on the challenge runs.

Also it didn't *click* that I beat Greed mode with Azazel even though I unlocked Lillith so the achievement is locked and may count against me getting Platinum God. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This is just silly.