Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

In Phantom of the Kill does anyone know if mana is used for anything other than purchasing bad heroes/gear in the recruit shop?

I don't think so. I feed the non-starter/5* able characters to my main dudes and cycle through the 1* and 2* weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Serious Frolicking posted:

the problem with slayin' is that the second unlockable character is just awful. otherwise it is a perfectly decent little time waster.

One thing about Rougelikes (which this game is close enough to fall under that umbrella) is that typically the classes are not balanced, and some of the classes are much harder than others.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

the auschwitz diet posted:

I'm really enjoying Spellspire, it's not as good as bookworm adventures was but it's close enough. Does anyone have other word puzzle recommendations?

Letter Quest is pretty okay. I bought the full version for like $3

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

GB_Sign posted:

I have only gotten my normal amount, 1 every couple weeks here in my corner of :canada: I keep location services on.

I'm in St. John's and I saw a more than usual 7 this week with 3 being non location related, so that was great. They're pretty on the ball with regular surveys for Walmart, so try that with location on to see if its working for you.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

I'm really enjoying Spellspire, it's not as good as bookworm adventures was but it's close enough. Does anyone have other word puzzle recommendations?

We had a bunch of goons playing Alphabear a while ago, made for some pretty awesome screenshots.

edit: vvvvv looks like it's out of stock already

MikeRabsitch fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 23, 2016

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://oneplus.net/oneplus-loop-vr

These are the 30,000 free Loop VR headsets that are supposed to be very comparable to the Gear VR

They are free except for $4.99 in shipping. No clue what all you will be able to use it for but a nearly free well built VR headset is something I'll take a gamble on.

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 23, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Disappointing Pie posted:

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-loop-vr

These are the 30,000 free Loop VR headsets that are supposed to be very comparable to the Gear VR

They are free except for $4.99 in shipping. No clue what all you will be able to use it for but a nearly free well built VR headset is something I'll take a gamble on.

Sold out by the time I signed in with a social media account

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Wow yeah that went super fast. By the time I went to my wifes PC to order her one it was gone.

I'm assuming it'll work just like cardboard or whatever just more powerful? I know nothing about them lol.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Len posted:

Sold out by the time I signed in with a social media account
Haha I got sold out while pushing the paypal button :rip:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Yup, same here; was in stock when I added to cart, got an error when I hit "place order". Oh well.

Speaking of Cardboard, Google Play says the app doesn't work on my phone (LG Spree cause I'm a broke mofo), there a way to force it?

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

If you don't mind a silly story, Highrise Heroes is fun. Plus, the IAP is completely unnecessary. Has a great dictionary, too.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Check out Letter Quest. gameplay a lot closer to bookworm adventures than spellspire, no time limit so its more about taking your time and finding the best word.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Any recommendations for RPGs/Dungeon games that don't require internet connectivity ? Going to be without connectivity for a while and trying to grab a few games to bide me through.

I read the OP and tried Pixel Quest. I hate games where I starve to death (also not being able to get past the third floor). I've bookmarked Baulder's Gate/Ice wind Dale, etc but any other things to look into would be cool. I'm not super into Anima and never got into the Final Fantasy series. Earthbound, Fallout 2, etc are all cool.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
WWE 2K got a big discount to 99 cents from $8 for anyone interested in picking it up.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

The international version of Phantom of the Kill, a JRPG/tactics game that's apparently quite popular in Japan, is out now. Quite a few sites seem keen to refer to it as being like Fire Emblem.

Also out is Hearts of Iron: War Stories, a CYOA spin-off of Paradox's Hearts of Iron grand strategy franchise.

I gave these a try, PotK wore me out with free to pay crap. Complete the Log In Every Day quest to get one of four kinds of in game currency to gamble on weapons! Blah.

Hoi was alright but it didn't seem like a lot of decisions compared to other cyoa games I've played. Maybe the non trial chapters get better.

I'm still looking for decent non-F2P games.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm still looking for decent non-F2P games.

You checked out King of Dragon Pass yet?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Speaking of KoDP, ate there any good games similar to it?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Haystack posted:

You checked out King of Dragon Pass yet?

Yeah, last I checked the port sucked.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Obese Janissary posted:

I went through and added everyone, if anyone has more time than me could we start a spreadsheet? I'll do it this weekend if noone has yet

121R is my code :)

OK so I'm late, but I had a minute today to make a quick google sheet for tiny tower goons: add yerself, add others, whatevs.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kegslayer posted:

I'm really liking the game play and the character mechanics but the character art is really, really anime. It's a decent pooping game and while the art work isn't as bad as that soccer game, you're going to get a lot of weird looks playing it on public transport or on a lunch break.

Soccer Spirits?

The South Korean government recently made the developer redo (censor) the art work on several characters they deemed were too risqué, so it's a little less cringe worthy. Artwork aside, I find is scratches my itch for collecting cards, auto playing, PvP, and developer generosity with premium currency. You don't have to kick money in it to do well, but I get the 5 buck, 30-day crystal pack, and don't think twice about it. It just had a Japanese release, so I think there's a new server of whales players, too.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Obese Janissary posted:

OK so I'm late, but I had a minute today to make a quick google sheet for tiny tower goons: add yerself, add others, whatevs.

Thanks for this, apparently I had missed a bunch of people when I scanned back through the thread.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Nitis posted:

Soccer Spirits?

The South Korean government recently made the developer redo (censor) the art work on several characters they deemed were too risqué, so it's a little less cringe worthy. Artwork aside, I find is scratches my itch for collecting cards, auto playing, PvP, and developer generosity with premium currency. You don't have to kick money in it to do well, but I get the 5 buck, 30-day crystal pack, and don't think twice about it. It just had a Japanese release, so I think there's a new server of whales players, too.

Yeah SS did it for me when I wanted something to grind along get alittle done each day with the dailies, nothing seriously poopsocky. Now Granblue, the grind in that game is alittle high up there but its captured me with how drat well produced it is and scratches this old SNES FF itch.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I like Disney Magical Dice. It's a Disney gacha where you draw characters/items you use to play a monopoly like game. You have some control over your dice rolls so it's not as bad as that sounds.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rapner posted:

I like Disney Magical Dice. It's a Disney gacha where you draw characters/items you use to play a monopoly like game. You have some control over your dice rolls so it's not as bad as that sounds.

I saw that on the play store. Was wondering if it was any good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It looks like Game of Dice, which I thought was pretty boring.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

vulturesrow posted:

I saw that on the play store. Was wondering if it was any good.

no

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Crashing Season is a new arcade survival game that plays a lot like Pako but with wild animals and physics objects. It's pretty fun.

edit: well, apart from the energy system

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 25, 2016

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Tiny Tower is back! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.tinytower

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Yes but is it actually a game yet?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:smithicide:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

can you make an oil tycoon/adventure capitalist / Clicker Town etc idle clicker number biggerizer game?
TIA

WebDO posted:

negative ghost rider

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

WebDO posted:

Given the popularity of clicker "games" I am confident in applying the term "game" to Tiny Tower.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

marshmonkey posted:

Given the popularity of clicker "games" I am confident in applying the term "game" to Tiny Tower.

My issue with deathstartower and tiny normal tower is it's not clicker enough to progres idly by.. If Auto restock was a bucks or coins option where you could advance it's progress like 1 out of stock an hour then 1.2 out of stock an hour etc as you upgrade .. it might have pulled me back in, I haven't been caught by the bug and even now, I gave it my all but it sat on my phone mostly unopened.

Also friend requests shoudl go both ways...

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 25, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I dunno I kinda like ambushing random assholes on Twitter with my unwanted BZNs

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I got a survey asking if I was African or of African decent,

White privilege is worth 12 cents.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

TT friend code is 134K, but I've already posted it so if you've already added people who posted you probably have it. Just reposting it since the game is officially out now.

Also people need to use the worker request function more often. I evict a ton of bits that don't have jobs I need currently, and I could be sending them out instead. (Wish there was a way to see if any friends happen to have the business for a bit I'm about to jettison, instead of just those that are requested. But clicking tower by tower and checking is beyond the limits of my lazy generosity)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BobTheJanitor posted:

TT friend code is 134K, but I've already posted it so if you've already added people who posted you probably have it. Just reposting it since the game is officially out now.

Also people need to use the worker request function more often. I evict a ton of bits that don't have jobs I need currently, and I could be sending them out instead. (Wish there was a way to see if any friends happen to have the business for a bit I'm about to jettison, instead of just those that are requested. But clicking tower by tower and checking is beyond the limits of my lazy generosity)
Checking for where to send a dude is basically the only gameplay there is so I check towers one by one all the time. Sure would be nice if I could at least get some indication of matches besides the requested job somewhere, or even potential matches. Even if it was just a number on some guy's tower saying "2 matches" and then I had to go figure out what they were because the devs decide they love tedium

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

tater_salad posted:

Also friend requests shoudl go both ways...

Yeah. At least a notification that tells you when someone adds you so you can reciprocate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Anything better/similar to Battlehand? Game is pretty fun so far.