Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Section Z posted:

I still fall off cliffs like an idiot but the majority of that is because I keep expecting to be able to land on obvious chunks of rock which have invisible barriers around them.

"I'll flank the enemy with a quick hop across that rocky outcrop that's wider than I am!" *Slowly slides off at an impossible angle* "Well, silly me for trying I guess."

yeah, normally blizzard games are super picky about making it crystal clear where level boundaries are, identifying threats, making UI elements stand out, etc ... but they don't seem to have given so much of a poo poo with Overwatch. Like, there's insta-death spots that use the same snow texture as the walkable ground next to them, there's bright red glowy poo poo in the levels that looks the same as the enemy color at first glance,etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

I find it more baffling at lvl 16 he has 3000 gold WTF?
Can someone explain this to me please?

Bought a lot of loot boxes and got dupes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

You can get gold in a legendary slot and I think it gives you a ton.

He could have also spent like $200 on boxes or whatever.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Streamer listed in the OP and a goon I believe

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can you buy credits? Or maybe he whaled loot boxes so much that he just got them through boxes?!?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Look upon my only somewhat shame, thread.

Yardbomb posted:

So chill goons I did a thing. It's also not as bad as it's gonna look, because it was all done with Blizzbux that weren't gonna get spent any other way basically ever.

Here's my story of opening that not-insignificant number of dress up crates.

We started at

And ended at

With a fair few of those being purple skins, emotes, play of the game animations and even a few gold skins, though also a lot of player icons and sprays.

Also I wanna brag about how awesome the very last one I opened was.

Also do note the funbux total, there was a fair few filler blue/purple piles of coin and even one gold size one, which is 500 that I didn't know existed prior to this.

That was my tale of disposable income put to good use, I hope you enjoyed it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I thought you couldnt buy stuff in game yet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fuligin posted:

Is it possible to get potg for non kill related activities?

I got a POTG for amping it up as Lucio during the beta once. Did it during a crucial moment on Nepal.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

I thought you couldnt buy stuff in game yet.

You can spend your real hard earned money to buy fake not hard earned loot boxes!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So satisfying. I'm the Zarya, Mother Russia is stronk.

I ran in wanting to help:yayclod:

PS4 crew, I'll be on 9 est.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'd buy lootboxes if you could selectively turn items into currency like Hearthstone cards.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
How do you not die when using Reaper's ult?

Like seriously the second I leave ghostwalk everyone focuses me down and I'm the one who die die dies.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Edit: me quoting a post from 20 pages ago.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Thoughtless posted:

Like seriously the second I leave ghostwalk everyone focuses me down and I'm the one who die die dies.

Jump down from above or pop out from behind a corner/door

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
Use his abilities to reach a high ground flank . Drop and engage it while in mid air.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

Wait for them to be at least a little distracted from your team, come in from an alternate direction, spin2win. That's how I've had the most luck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't ghostwalk into an area where their entire team can see you.

The best way to use Reaper ult is by flanking and hitting a few people who are distracted or moving and don't notice you. Trying to get a team kill with it is never going to work in your favor unless the opponents are monstrously terrible.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Thoughtless posted:

dont ghostwalk in to ult

thats just asking to be shot

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Can you cancel Reaper's ult with ghostwalk?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Good advice. I'd just seen a lot of PotGs where they just ghostwalk into the middle of the team and everyone dies, so I thought it'd work for me too.

It doesn't.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Cicero posted:

I played for ~32 hours in closed beta, half of that in competitive mode, and didn't know this.

Did you ever play TF2? First time I saw the payload in Overwatch I figured that'll probably heal me.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If you're even aware the payload exists, you have a better handle on this game than the people I'm getting matched up with.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why didn't you use the beta aka demo for this?

Runs fine on low + shadows, 50-70fps.

Woo :D

Liking Lucio

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 26, 2016

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not good enough to play this. Figured I could maybe have some fun with mercy or winston or the like, since despite being nearly 40 with a shoulder injury I could at least take advantage of actually doing support or paying attention to the objectives, but that hasn't really... worked in practice. Most of the matches have been horrible unfun slog losses where I spend two seconds actually playing and the rest respawning or running back. 25% average win rate, 10% weapon accuracy... it's definitely fun when things are actually kind of even, but that really only happened during the open beta. Maybe I'll try again in a week or two when the matchmaking is better populated and I have a chance of playing alongside fellow trash, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least I had a load of fun in quake back in the day. :smith:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

GlitchThief posted:

I'd buy lootboxes if you could selectively turn items into currency like Hearthstone cards.

:same:

99% of the poo poo i get i would turn to currency though.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Anyone running this game at or near the minimum specs? Considering buying this but if I'm not gonna be able to run it well then I'll hold off until I get a better system.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

GlitchThief posted:

Eh its too too far off since dupes are turned into currency :shrug: Either you get something of interest, or future trash gets turned into currency. Still wouldn't buy lootboxes, I'm quite fond of the default skins in general.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just had a Lucio game where I was 93% of the time on fire, died only once or twice while pushing for B on Volskaya Industries, put up 4 or 5 sound barriers on the final push and no one moved in properly or killed the enemies Mercy.

Christ.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Drakes posted:

Eh its too too far off since dupes are turned into currency :shrug: Either you get something of interest, or future trash gets turned into currency. Still wouldn't buy lootboxes, I'm quite fond of the default skins in general.

But why do you need 10 sprays for a single character?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I still think Junkrat's rate of fire is far too high for the speed in which he reloads. I say this as someone who plays him a lot too. The demo in TF2 at least had to reload each shot individually so he couldn't constantly spam - you literally never have to let go of the left mouse button and you'll not miss a beat when you stop to reload.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GlitchThief posted:

Yeah it's crazy you can't.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Crystal Geometry posted:

Anyone running this game at or near the minimum specs? Considering buying this but if I'm not gonna be able to run it well then I'll hold off until I get a better system.

It's a Blizzard game, if you have a system that's at all capable of playing games, there's a real good chance you can at least play at minimum or low settings, that's practically one of their primary objectives when making games by this point.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Balon posted:

But why do you need 10 sprays for a single character?

so that when someone goes through your teleporter they can know you got it -just right-

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Solo queuers complaining about solo queueing

Lol

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's the best character if I want to make roadhog players cry

McCree. The flash bomb is faster than Roadhog react after his combo hook. This requires you to be good at McCree's instant 2 gun unloads though. Another one is Tracer. However you need fast fingers for both.

Hah what? Roadhog is a direct counter to Mr Die die die. He can also combo faster than Reaper can react on a successful hook.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
3rd night, and I want to go home and play as much as Monday.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, thanks.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

mcbexx posted:

Just had a Lucio game where I was 93% of the time on fire, died only once or twice while pushing for B on Volskaya Industries, put up 4 or 5 sound barriers on the final push and no one moved in properly or killed the enemies Mercy.

Christ.

welcome to the life of support in pubs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

mcbexx posted:

Christ.

Volskaya is the worst map for attack because people dont seem to realize there's three entrances (as there is on every single capture point map) to the final point. The main one, the one on the left that anyone can get to because there's a moving platform, and a third at the right that takes you past the chokepoint.

If I ever get put on a Volskaya map on attack I know it's going to be a gruelling slogfest as nobody pushes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

McCree. The flash bomb is faster than Roadhog react after his combo hook. This requires you to be good at McCree's instant 2 gun unloads though. Another one is Tracer. However you need fast fingers for both.

No. The shot is instant you will die when hooked. Also hog can possibly survive the flash bang combo anyway with his massive health and heal.

Roadhog has trouble with Mei, specifically. And good widows typically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

This requires you to be good at McCree's instant 2 gun unloads though.

only a true master could do that...