Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

Tattoos mean a lot of different things to a lot of people. I won't presume to call someone a liar, but my X definitely means straight edge

What's the O if it isn't a secret?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe

open for hugs

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bog pixie posted:

does anyone know a good place for me to use this ---> thanks

eonwe

thank you to whoever bought me my av back

I assume it was someone from BYOB because its the new and improved one with background transparency

you're good people

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the O if it isn't a secret?
It's a bunch of things, actually. I initially wanted to get a combination of the female and male symbols, but then thought that that'd maybe give the wrong impression on my own gender-identity, but taking just the circle, that's the base of p much all the gender symbols I thought could symbolize something like "what's it to you?", you know? At the same time it's also kind of the polar opposite of the cross, tic-tac-toe and all that, serving as a reminder that we're all a little bit awesome and a little bit poo poo, and it's up to us to flaunt and play out the awesome parts and try to cover up and bury the poo poo. Third, together they make hugs and kisses, which is cute :)

Eonwe posted:

open for hugs

^^^ t'was I, you're more than welcome. I'd like to think that if some knucklehead changed my av to a stupid overplayed "joke" someone would do the same to me :)

shinmai fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 27, 2016

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
i like to wear one of my straight edge shirts while drinking and smoking

i have a gorilla biscuits "start today" shirt and a few minor threat shirts. i got rid of my 7 seconds shirt.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
symbolic

mister magpie posted:

i have a gorilla biscuits "start today" shirt
poo poo, i'm jealous

mags

symbolic posted:

poo poo, i'm jealous

i intentionally wear it when i do lawn work and whatever so it gets worn down and kinda beat up

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
defectivemonkey

shinmai posted:

I paid a very nice person money to do this to my body. This is a very good day and I'm feeling very good.

the tattoos look very well done! I am always really curious about this but do not mean to pry or sound judgy (I have tattoos). Did you get any pushback from the artist when you asked for hand tattoos without other visible tattoos on your arms? Unless you have some hidden ones that I do not see!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Eonwe posted:

open for hugs

:glomp:

glad you have the elephant back so soon :)

shinmai

CHK Instruction

defectivemonkey posted:

the tattoos look very well done! I am always really curious about this but do not mean to pry or sound judgy (I have tattoos). Did you get any pushback from the artist when you asked for hand tattoos without other visible tattoos on your arms? Unless you have some hidden ones that I do not see!

We had a very long talk about it during my consultation with her. I approached her with two ideas and told her from the beginning that if she was uncomfortable starting off with the hands, I would be fine with holding off on them.
Any artist worth their salt will definitely push back on so-called "jobkillers" (neck, face, hands), but since this is a tattoo I'd been thinking of for a few years now, I'm in my thirties, and it's something with a very deep meaning to me and not some kind of meme or joke, we agreed I'd weighed the possible ramifications these could end up having and she agreed to start off with them.

Because this went so well, I'm going back to her in two weeks to go through with my "backup" idea as well, and getting something on both of my forearms.

3D Megadoodoo

Not drinking is good. Dunno about not doing drugs because I've never done any other drugs.

The problem is I really like bars per se. I wish every bar had real vichy instead of that Bonaqua poo poo. Or tea.

3D Megadoodoo

Also your tattooist sounds like a pro.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
She's very good, a total professional regarding all aspects of the work and a totally cool person to boot :)

Can't speak for other cities but in Helsinki the "sister beerhouses" Rotterdam (in Kamppi) and Amsterdam (in Ruoholahti) as well as Kaisla (in Kaisaniemi) all serve p good tea and have the real deal Olvi Vichy in 0,33l glass bottles. All three also serve very good beers and ciders so it's a very nice place for people who enjoy alcohol as well. (Amsterdam has a really loving good toast and Rotterdam has a delicious snackbar with cheese, salami, mushrooms and olives, haven't eaten at Kaisla ever, so don't know how their salty snacks are)

defectivemonkey

shinmai posted:

We had a very long talk about it during my consultation with her. I approached her with two ideas and told her from the beginning that if she was uncomfortable starting off with the hands, I would be fine with holding off on them.
Any artist worth their salt will definitely push back on so-called "jobkillers" (neck, face, hands), but since this is a tattoo I'd been thinking of for a few years now, I'm in my thirties, and it's something with a very deep meaning to me and not some kind of meme or joke, we agreed I'd weighed the possible ramifications these could end up having and she agreed to start off with them.

Because this went so well, I'm going back to her in two weeks to go through with my "backup" idea as well, and getting something on both of my forearms.

that's really cool, thank you for explaining it! it seemed like they were too well done to be done by someone who wouldn't push back against hand tattoos! glad she did :)

bean mom

argh, high pain day, need extra hugs

my brain is an rear end in a top hat. but i guess its not its fault, its mine for causing it so much stress and bonks. still being patient for my neurologist to take a look. tldr i have chronic back pain because of concussions

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Zyla posted:

my brain is an rear end in a top hat. but i guess its not its fault, its mine for causing it so much stress and bonks. still being patient for my neurologist to take a look. tldr i have chronic back pain because of concussions

Ouch! You have my empathy! (and hug... :glomp:)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Zyla posted:

I can definitely sympathise with chronic pains, hopefully you get to your neurologist soon and they can help you!

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

bean mom

thanks friends!

its annoying having the pains and having to pay strict attention to my pain meds. but im glad they're there.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Zyla posted:

thanks friends!

its annoying having the pains and having to pay strict attention to my pain meds. but im glad they're there.

I suffer from migraines due to a disc fusion in 3 neck vertebrae as well as chronic neck pain, chronic lower back pain due to 3 herniated discs and chronic tendinitis in both elbows and both hands as well as another condition in both hands that recent surgery as helped out with. I'm allergic to opiate pain killers, though but I fortunately live in a medical marijuana state with qualifying conditions, so I have pain meds thankfully. Prior to that suffering was pretty much all I had as an option so I can relate.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Sometimes my back gets sore because I have bad posture. That's about it. Many hugs sent your way though, pal! I hope the pain passes soon and your neurologist can help

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Splatmaster posted:

I suffer from migraines due to a disc fusion in 3 neck vertebrae as well as chronic neck pain, chronic lower back pain due to 3 herniated discs and chronic tendinitis in both elbows and both hands as well as another condition in both hands that recent surgery as helped out with. I'm allergic to opiate pain killers, though but I fortunately live in a medical marijuana state with qualifying conditions, so I have pain meds thankfully. Prior to that suffering was pretty much all I had as an option so I can relate.

spinal problems are so loving horrible, glad you live in a place that puts improving people's quality of living over fighting a nonsensical war against drugs that only results in people going to jail for possession for personal use with no attention paid to actually stop the influx of the drugs that are supposed to be stopped questionable drug policies.

CrazyLittle

hello i make computers go beep boop irl

Piso Mojado

CrazyLittle posted:

please be single :pray:

I Was The Fury

CrazyLittle posted:

I troubleshoot the ones that go boop beep.

CrazyLittle

Piso Mojado posted:

please be single :pray:

quote:

CrazyLittle claims to be a porpoise

its in my profile so it must be true

Scaly Haylie

nice ram daisy chains makes a computer go beep boop

City of Glompton

hello computer prodder!

FluffieDuckie

CrazyLittle posted:

welcome crazy little :wave:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

mags

Hi crazylittle, what advice can you give to a yobber that wants to post in yospos?

VideoGames
Hello BYOB. I have definitely posted once or twice in here in the past but not nearly enough so I am going to change this and post more!

Sometimes I would like to discuss other things. For example, my favourite animals in the world are bees and ducklings.

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

defectivemonkey

VideoGames posted:

Hello BYOB. I have definitely posted once or twice in here in the past but not nearly enough so I am going to change this and post more!

Sometimes I would like to discuss other things. For example, my favourite animals in the world are bees and ducklings.

There are goslings in my neighborhood which are like ducklings but their parents will murder you.

I Was The Fury

VideoGames posted:

Hello videogames! Bees are radical and ducklings are adorbs, but my favorite animal will always be the noble puppy. Second favorite animal is dogs. Do you have any pet bees or ducks?

Matoi Ryuko

CrazyLittle posted:

That's cool, can you make them play music like in those videos with the whirring hard drives?

FluffieDuckie

VideoGames posted:

defectivemonkey posted:

There are goslings in my neighborhood which are like ducklings but their parents will murder you.

whoa it's like a mod invasion

welcome guys :wave:

(coincidentally i'm also a fan of duckings)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Matoi Ryuko

VideoGames posted:

Technically you've been posting in byob every time you post in CCCC, so you're already one of the boys!! Or girls!! That's cool too.

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

whoa it's like a mod invasion

welcome guys :wave:

(coincidentally i'm also a fan of duckings)

Both of these fellows often post in CCCC!

bean mom

Splatmaster posted:

What's it like to tell a doctor you want to try weed to help? I live in a state where that is possible and have been thinking about it a lot recently. I'd rather be on something safer than the huge amount of opioids I am given.

VideoGames

I Was The Fury posted:

Hello videogames! Bees are radical and ducklings are adorbs, but my favorite animal will always be the noble puppy. Second favorite animal is dogs. Do you have any pet bees or ducks?

I actually did have a pet bee. I used to leave little plates of sugar and honey about the room so he could bumble back and forth.
When I have my own garden I am going to have an Apiary! Also a pond with some ducks. This is my future dream.

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom

VideoGames posted:

I actually did have a pet bee. I used to leave little plates of sugar and honey about the room so he could bumble back and forth.
When I have my own garden I am going to have an Apiary! Also a pond with some ducks. This is my future dream.

Heck yea some of my favorite people are bees