Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

WirelessPillow posted:

Wait he is Brazilian? why not soccer?

I'll tell ya why. Its because soccer is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
FFS I hate pubbie reapers. Rank 18 Reaper that would just run straight into the enemy team, not using his specials at all.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I don't think "Chinese-Canadian Climate Scientist" is a stereotype.

why the hell do people keep saying mei is canadian

is this another of those dumb memes i keep hearing about

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I just realized that a few of the squishier characters are actually kinda hard to kill as Roadhog because their hitboxes are so narrow. So half of your projectiles just sail past them.

Widowmaker and D.Va outside of her suit, especially. They're like a couple pixels thick.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

why the hell do people keep saying mei is canadian

is this another of those dumb memes i keep hearing about

she's blackface of china's pollution problems

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zarya needs a MMA skin.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

fadam posted:

Imagine if instead of being a stupid Australian guy, Junkrat was a bomb launching robot. I don't know too much about the Overwatch lore but it seems like the Omnic war was a big deal and they only have two representatives in the cast.

One of the next two heroes is almost certainly going to be Athena, a sexy Omnic secretary

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GlitchThief posted:

I really wonder what it would have looked like if Project Titan hadn't been scrapped. Would the 21 characters be used as an array of legendary NPCs, like the cast of Warcraft? Can you imagine turning quests in to these people?

Junkrat and Roadhog were a raidboss

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

fadam posted:

Junkrat isn't a batman villain, Roadhog isn't a shark, Reaper isn't a plague doctor, Tracer isn't a punk, Pharah isn't a gundam, D.Va isn't a bee, Genji isn't arabian, Zenyatta isn't an egyptian bird.

The first time I heard junkrats voice I thought it was a bad Mark Hamil joker impression.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Junkrat should have been a middle eastern suicide bomber

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I'd probably have been something like that Marvel Diablo clone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Reinhardt ranting about justice while standing next to a literal terrorist.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my very favorite thing about tracer is how her only good skin costs 250 credits

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Junkrat should have been a middle eastern suicide bomber

He doesn't blow himself up, though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

On this subject though, how many of the characters actually have voice actors form the nationality they are supposed to be? I swear Widowmaker only has a french accent like, half the time.

I think it's pretty much everyone except for Junkrat/Torbjorn/Reinhardt/Pharah

I think someone said Mercy had an American voice actor then they changed it right before the open beta or something

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it's pretty much everyone except for Junkrat/Torbjorn/Reinhardt/Pharah

I think someone said Mercy had an American voice actor then they changed it right before the open beta or something

They did but they still got the accent wrong, she just does straight up German

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kilometers Davis posted:

I need this skin so bad, it's wonderful.

Shes my main character and I got the white version on my third ever loot box :getin:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Soothing Vapors posted:

my very favorite thing about tracer is how her only good skin costs 250 credits

The white and gold one was my first buy but gold is such a rare resource that I can't buy her jumping emote now

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there any information about Titan around and what parts of it survived to overwatch (besdies look)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Poors damage controlling their lack of skins by claiming the palette swaps are at all superior is just terrific.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Monomythian posted:

Zenyatta could be pretty great with a number tweak but D.va is just in a terrible spot, she can't tank, can't do damage, her mobility is token because she can't follow it up, her ult can be mitigated by trivial cover, and Defense Matrix is the single worst ability in the game.

No, that would be Photon Shield. A properly timed Defensive Matrix can at least shut down some enemy ultimates. (Defensive Matrix still could use a cooldown reduction or duration increase, mind you.)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

So what was Titan? For starters, according to three people I spoke with, it would have taken place on a near-future version of Earth, in a science-fiction depiction of the world where mankind has successfully fought off an alien invasion. Players would join one of three factions waging a cold war over control of the planet, and zones planned for the game ranged from the west coast of the United States to Europe, South America, and Australia, according to a source. Blizzard’s plan was to make the game world huge, and to keep adding areas with expansions in the years after launch.

[...]

Players would be able to select from classes with names like Reaper, Jumper, Titan, Ranger, and Juggernaut, each of which had its own special combat abilities and items, according to a source. Jumpers, for example, would be agile scouts with a teleport ability and the ability to quickly leap in and out of combat. Titans were tanks, while Rangers were snipers with cloaking and other abilities (think Nova from StarCraft II and the ill-fated StarCraft Ghost).

more

sounds like they just took out a bunch of the extra bullshit and shipped the fun part of the game

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau

Really? loving dragon is up again?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The pro hanzo strat is to use the wolf costume so it's okami ga waga teki wo kurae + hit people while they're consulting google translate

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Going up against more and more good Widowmakers is starting to slowly erode my sanity. I'm starting to wonder if none of the designers were particularly good at sniping, so they just buffed her to the point where they could do well with her. Then when she's in the hands of someone who can actually aim she can erase people quicker and safer than a Mcree ult.

I like that the Torbjorn comic came out and no one gives a poo poo. I think they're actually getting worse with each issue.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
It's cool how some goons in Discord be like "I only play support." Thanks mates! :thumbsup:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How do I get removed from the goon spreadsheet

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

how do i turn down the godawful bloom

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How do I get removed from the goon spreadsheet

Through ahimsa

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man Zarya is pretty drat fun once you get a hang of her. Any general tips on playing her besides shielding allies and yourself when enemies are up? I took to using the right mouse attack when below 50 and switching to the beam when higher.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

fadam posted:

Poors damage controlling their lack of skins by claiming the palette swaps are at all superior is just terrific.

sorry but it is an Objective Fact that tracer's legendaries are pure garbage

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Cicadalek posted:

I like that the Torbjorn comic came out and no one gives a poo poo. I think they're actually getting worse with each issue.

Torb isn't a very popular character, has had barely any influence in the lore thus far, and people are busy playing Overwatch to care overmuch about new fluff coming out

I thought the comic was good, personally

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Torbs had an alternate skin showing off dat rear end then he'd become one of the more popular Overwatch characters overnight.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dis game sometimes! https://gfycat.com/VastIllinformedLaughingthrush

For AMD folks, the plays.tv client is really usable for running background capture. Some quirks, but works pretty well.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

Man Zarya is pretty drat fun once you get a hang of her. Any general tips on playing her besides shielding allies and yourself when enemies are up? I took to using the right mouse attack when below 50 and switching to the beam when higher.

When shields are up, you can bait Rip-Tires to save your team and build tons of energy.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time.

I know this was from entire hours ago now, but, it's trace aim and is just the raw mechanical skill of keeping your crosshair on what you want to hit, same as the Quake LG like someone else mentioned. There is really no trick to it, all you can do is improve the skill. On the plus side as you get better with it you will get better with everything. Strafe aiming is a thing, but I think less useful in this game since people can move at different speeds, move relatively slowly overall, and have mostly large hitboxes, which is all in favor of mouse aim. Just play as much Zarya as possible. Other tracing characters like Soldier are fine too.

If you take games seriously and want to do practice drills, spend some time in the practice range circle strafing the robots while keeping the Zarya LMB on them (start with the stationary ones and move on to the moving ones). It's boring but even a little bit is likely to help a lot if you are bad/new. If you have a buddy who also has some tolerance for tedium, dueling with Zarya LMB only in a custom game will also help a lot, both with your dodging/unpredictability and your aim. Uh, I guess LG practice vs bots in Quake Live is also effective, but not worth your time unless you are a Serious Pro Gamer.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is there a way to set a different default spray besides the generic Overwatch logo? It is a pain in the rear end to go through all of the characters to switch it.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Overwatch has loading tips with elementary descriptions of powers and match ups, stuff so simple it borders insulting, and I never saw a tip that said "If you are hosting the team, use "leave as group" or your group disbands. Don't worry though, you can just learn from experience instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Phenotype posted:

Is there a way to set a different default spray besides the generic Overwatch logo? It is a pain in the rear end to go through all of the characters to switch it.

None that I've seen.