Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

we fight Goons

this seems optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

this seems optimistic

Forecast:

95% chance of a high functioning Titan pilot doing something dumb enough to get tackled.

20% chance of rain.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

MetaShow call outs for days!

you watch that poo poo?

edit: you watch that bullshit?

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 29, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

Well, bluegoon and CainFortea agree with you!

The practice is not about "purge the fat". But yes, periodic purging of long-term inactives has been practised by such "pubbie shitlords" as Goonwaffe/Goonfleet 2007-2014* but not by such truegoons as Brave Newbies.

*I don't know about 2006 because I was a Johnny-come-lately newscrub, and I think it didn't happen for a while from mid-2009 until mid-2010.

Edit: BNI actually did do a purge eventually, this year. I would not have liked to be that sucker.

Endie posted:

I have no difficulty believing that this is what you and bluegoon think.

your posts still don't say anything and I think that's your idea of a debate so nevermind I guess.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

bluegoon posted:

And just got kicked from PH, this is fantastic.

:lol:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Daco Vato posted:

You have said much in this thread though and there sure are lots of non-gsf goons you know? So probably take a knee on the posting until the whole "wow gently caress that guy in particular" storm blows over, muchacho.

vyst posted:

Those who cannot do, teach I guess.

:bagl:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

So, obviously, I'm on the Goon side of things, and mittens would probably say something about not interrupting enemies while making a mistake... but looking at it abstractly, I don't think it's a very smart move for most of the MBC. Specifically:

* For PL, it's a loving terrible move, like "what the hell are you thinking, seriously"
* For NC, it's a no-op
* For DARK, it's an interesting move with the potential to either be good or bad, not sure
* For everyone else, not so sure, probably harmless

Saranen's the hottest place in Eve at the moment, and PL effectively can't shoot anyone except Goons -- as of their standings at the time of this post, PL is currently blue to over 45,000 characters, comprising pretty much everyone within fifty gates of Saranen. They've built a donut bigger than anything CFC had at the height of its influence; they've got nothing to do in Saranen except run station camps -- which are easily circumvented with instaundocks, as this is lowsec.

It's also bad for everyone MBC because it removes the few incentives that line Goons had to give PL any fun. After all, it's not like we have any sov left to lose. We were willing to do the occasional welpcane scrap when it was just PL and the odd NC guys in the area; a Saranen dogpile means we just go right back to swords and bombers.

About the only way I can see PL making good out of a Saranen move is if they use it as a stager for a move against northRus -- but even then, it seems questionable, unless they reset some of the MBC in order to make some local loweffort content. If they're planning to keep the blues they presently have and strike northward, a more sensible stager would be Obe or Taisy.

Alternately, if PL wants to go after T-C in Fountain, that's an option too from Saranen, although there's better stagers for that too. My gut read is that they want to open up their options for the "next campaign" but still feel tethered to the area due to PH bail-outs, so Saranen makes something that's a half-step in that direction while preventing PH from feeling abandoned.

PL is doing mutual standing resets this week so the blue donut thing is moot. The only "war" that is brewing is the Stain-DRF poo poo and that hasn't hit a point that would allow it to continue if PL started third partying. There is no real options for PL to strike out at, we're here until October friend. Lets become best lowsec station buddies!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
every character in a cap is worthless

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
October... 2016? why so soon

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
and what happens in October

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

YouTuber posted:

PL is doing mutual standing resets this week so the blue donut thing is moot.

"We're not really blue, we just go on ops together and show up on the same side whenever things get serious"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Xolve posted:

The 'War' is effectively over

Oh so you finally decided to surrender?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a dream that we formed 400 arty nags and were alphaing titans off the field.

Thanks PL your super bullshit has made me literally dream of killing you.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The metaphor flew over his head don't bother

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fix Lag posted:

"We're not really blue, we just go on ops together and show up on the same side whenever things get serious"

We're NRDS friend. Totally different.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

-Troika- posted:

We don't want him :colbert:

Groon doesn't want him either. :colbert:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

Groon doesn't want him either. :colbert:

For 500m, I'll sponsor him in.
He can fill the application here: http://goonfleet.net/

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

YouTuber posted:

We're NRDS friend. Totally different.

So, you have a bunch of people that are set neutral but you don't shoot them anyway. How is that functionally different from NBSI and having a poo poo ton of blues?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

at the time of this post, PL is currently blue to over 45,000 characters, comprising pretty much everyone within fifty gates of Saranen. They've built a donut bigger than anything CFC had at the height of its influence

Quoting this for all eternity

and all the D names

and jeffraider

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

You are severely undereating. Even the most hardcore cuts rarely go below 1200cal, and I have a hard time believing you're maintaining any sort of muscle mass.

Chicken, turkey, other lean meats should be a staple of your diet; a personal favourite of mine is marinating chicken breast in a vinegar+lemon juice brine overnight, then baking with a thyme, garlic and basil rub until cooked. You can chop a breast up in your salad to add essential protein, and it's got a tasty tang.

You can get a decent home dumbbell set for dollars by the pound, even less if you buy used. Start with goblet squats, dumbbell rows, overhead presses, and dumbbell bench presses. Graduallly increase the weight by 5lbs each week and eat 1/10th your body weight (in lbs) in grams of protein. You'll feel better within one week, you'll notice new muscle in a month, and your weight will increase while your fat will shrink.

Just bear in mind that weight fluctuates. You'll retain water, bloat out after a big meal, then normalize. Don't panic because the scale shows you added a kilo or two; all that matters is you like what you see when you look in the mirror, and have realistic expectations for what will make you happy.

Also, muscle burns calories, a lot of calories, even when you sleep. the higher your muscle mass the more calories you can eat without gaining any fat. Eating 1000 calories a day is hilariously unhealthy and your body is probably eating itself to stay alive, and also frantically storing any unused calories in fat because it is convinced you are going through a period of extreme famine.

You probably need to up your calorie intake, and start budgeting about an hour a day 3 times a week to cardio exercise (walk/runs count, you don't have to go overboard and do a 5k every other day, start out with a basic starting runners plan), and on non cardio days do some training with dumbbells.

Once you get your calories to a normal level and your muscle mass up a bit, you'll notice you actually are losing the fat you had and getting fit.

NOTE: I am really bad at fitness, I should take it more seriously and do more than the minimum to maintain my weight but I am blessed by being skinny-fat and can maintain about 75 kilos no matter what i do.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

shut up.

vyst posted:

The metaphor flew over his head don't bother

that's it I'm calling samefag and also... shut the gently caress up. You loving postlords won't shut up about me and I'm starting to wonder if I should post a pic so you nerds have something to visualize while you touch your unfortunately compensated selves when the lights go off in Mom's basement. I mean y'all are cool (well vyst) but it's not like you're beyond reproach and I'm getting bored of basically the same post over and over from you two. Switch your game up. I get it, you don't like me. Start the Paco Vato Non Fan Club with Cravius.

Unrelated: For a guy who uses a questionable avatar, MBC are sure making a lot of oven and gas jokes in regards to this war. It's almost like that white supremacist narrative is playing itself out in their jeffraideresque posting.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
nice meltdown

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Daco Vato posted:

shut up.

that's it I'm calling samefag and also... shut the gently caress up. You loving postlords won't shut up about me and I'm starting to wonder if I should post a pic so you nerds have something to visualize while you touch your unfortunately compensated selves when the lights go off in Mom's basement. I mean y'all are cool (well vyst) but it's not like you're beyond reproach and I'm getting bored of basically the same post over and over from you two. Switch your game up. I get it, you don't like me. Start the Paco Vato Non Fan Club with Cravius.

Unrelated: For a guy who uses a questionable avatar, MBC are sure making a lot of oven and gas jokes in regards to this war. It's almost like that white supremacist narrative is playing itself out in their jeffraideresque posting.

How do you not yet understand, that this type of post right here, is why you're being made fun of?
Stop with these types of posts, and eventually people will move on.

Also, other than that day you had your meltdown and I was making fun of you for it, I actually haven't been on your case. But don't let facts get in the way of your victim narrative.

E: In fact, I dare you to find more than 5 of my posts on gf.com in which I actually address you.
And other than that meltdown day, find 5 posts here in which I talk to you or about you.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

What? Seriously man... what? Just stop. You are dumb.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I may be dumb, but my post made sense in regards to the :nexus: you posted.

TL;DR: Shut up Paco

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

shut up.

Excuse me. I have friends that are homosexuals and I don't appreciate the term fag thrown around. It's pretty offensive, much like the rest of your posts.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So i just watched the meta boat show and all i gotta say is :drat:

What happened to mission accomplished

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
nah samefag gets an exemption because it's been in use for so long as something completely unrelated to sexuality, but nice try on the trigger troll.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

nah samefag gets an exemption

We'll see.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenpussy posted:

you watch that poo poo?

edit: you watch that bullshit?

I actually have a surprisingly large number of friends on that side of the fence.

There's nothing wrong with seeing the other side- even though according to that show boat never loses ships on his fleets, PL always dies, our monthly efficiency is completely tanked because of a trivial number of FAX machines and not a dumb HABIT titan and Casper losing a Moracha, we're all have no fun whatsoever, and we're suffering and bleeding or something. Not to say that our variant of the same thing isn't occasionally skewed to our interests as well. Objectivity in EVE is a funny thing few people can maintain.

Dalael posted:

Oh so you finally decided to surrender?

Never!

Orange Red Bull posted:

Quoting this for all eternity

and all the D names

and jeffraider

Pretty sure the CFC at the height of it's power boasted quite a similar number (especially when you factor in Fountain/Delve/Period loving Basis/Cloud Ring)

Xolve fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 29, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Daco Vato posted:

nah samefag gets an exemption because it's been in use for so long as something completely unrelated to sexuality, but nice try on the trigger troll.

Get lost idiot, go back to 4chan.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

You are severely undereating. Even the most hardcore cuts rarely go below 1200cal, and I have a hard time believing you're maintaining any sort of muscle mass.

Chicken, turkey, other lean meats should be a staple of your diet; a personal favourite of mine is marinating chicken breast in a vinegar+lemon juice brine overnight, then baking with a thyme, garlic and basil rub until cooked. You can chop a breast up in your salad to add essential protein, and it's got a tasty tang.

You can get a decent home dumbbell set for dollars by the pound, even less if you buy used. Start with goblet squats, dumbbell rows, overhead presses, and dumbbell bench presses. Graduallly increase the weight by 5lbs each week and eat 1/10th your body weight (in lbs) in grams of protein. You'll feel better within one week, you'll notice new muscle in a month, and your weight will increase while your fat will shrink.

Just bear in mind that weight fluctuates. You'll retain water, bloat out after a big meal, then normalize. Don't panic because the scale shows you added a kilo or two; all that matters is you like what you see when you look in the mirror, and have realistic expectations for what will make you happy.

This is good advice. I'm going to try my hand at some chicken/fish soups too

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I actually have a surprisingly large number of friends on that side of the fence.

There's nothing wrong with seeing the other side- even though according to that show boat never loses ships on his fleets, PL always dies, our monthly efficiency is completely tanked because of a trivial number of FAX machines and not a dumb HABIT titan and Casper losing a Moracha, we're all have no fun whatsoever, and we're suffering and bleeding or something. Not to say that our variant of the same thing isn't occasionally skewed to our interests as well. Objectivity in EVE is a funny thing few people can maintain.

Never!

Pretty sure the CFC at the height of it's power boasted quite a similar number (especially when you factor in Fountain/Delve/Period loving Basis/Cloud Ring)

I guess what I should have said is I didn't fall over myself to watch it this weekend live because last weekend was such a stream of consciousness rant that Laz couldn't get a word in.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The only way you people maintain at 1k calories is if you are a woman with a very short stature and no muscle mass whatsoever. If you are a male, and not a 4'9" North Korean labour camp worker you will have Bad Things happen to you eating that low.

Also 200 calories for a salad and pasta in tupperware lmao, get a food scale you liar.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

CainFortea posted:

So, you have a bunch of people that are set neutral but you don't shoot them anyway. How is that functionally different from NBSI and having a poo poo ton of blues?

They can feel better because they don't have a lot of blues.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

jm20 posted:

Also 200 calories for a salad and pasta in tupperware lmao, get a food scale you liar.

Little did you know:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Little did you know:

What in the gently caress is that, a keychain tupperware? I need something for scale but that thing looks like it could hold a whole grape.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

I guess what I should have said is I didn't fall over myself to watch it this weekend live because last weekend was such a stream of consciousness rant that Laz couldn't get a word in.

It wasn't that much different this week.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

CainFortea posted:

I feel like this has been explained before, and you're just looking for something to pick apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

What in the gently caress is that, a keychain tupperware? I need something for scale but that thing looks like it could hold a whole grape.

Some fad diet don't worry it will be forgotten in no time

• Locked thread