Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Congratulations Reddit. :toot:

God, they're going to be insufferable for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tempest_56 posted:

God, they're going to be insufferable for months.

you say that as if they haven't always been insufferable

"we did it reddit" yes, your bitching and moaning about how you'll never buy anything for Payday 2 ever again helped OVERKILL and Starbreeze buy the rights to the Payday franchise.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Where's all this info coming from?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
More Starbreeze updates talking about the inevitability of Payday 3.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hey jivjov what happened to the lawsuit you were going to pursue for false advertising and broken promises

loooooool

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Congrats to overkill for fixing the gross stuff in payday 2. Looking forward to another 18 months of content.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

RandallODim posted:

Where's all this info coming from?

Almir talking the basics of what we'll know more of on Thursday. Talking about the new IP ownership they basically bought the rights out from their initial publisher 505. Maybe Jivjov can now admit that a PUBLISHER can force a DEVELOPER to do things they may not want to do.

Also this is the e3 teaser with Biker stuff.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I got one more question regarding the Biker character. Payday 2 thread, who do think it will be? Biker from Hotline, Francis from Left 4 Dead, Norman Reedus as himself or as some Walking Dead tie in or someone else?

Personally I'm pulling for Frankie. I would love to hear his pager lines.

"Hey, is something going on?" "I hate desk jobs!" "Okay, sounds good. Just checking in."

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 30, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
We already got the biker helmet with the Hotline Miami 2 deluxe package, so I don't think the biker is in. We might still get him with a slightly altered helmet, or maybe a broken one.

My money is with some still unseen, original character.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Crabtree posted:

I got one more question regarding the Biker character. Payday 2 thread, who do think it will be? Biker from Hotline, Francis from Left 4 Dead, Norman Reedus as himself or as some Walking Dead tie in or someone else?

Is there a game possibly being announced or showcased at E3 that features a biker?

e: Dallas talking about assuring the biker's loyalty (and the Starbreeze tie in, obv) makes me think Walking Dead. Now, I haven't seen it, but I know it features betrayal and ruthlessness and so on, which means the character needs some reason to not gently caress over the Payday team. Hell, maybe it's Michael Rooker? He'd probably do it.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 30, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah as much as I'd love Biker from Hotline Miami, why now? I think it's someone original.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
good job mr payday

CascadeBeta posted:

Yeah as much as I'd love Biker from Hotline Miami, why now? I think it's someone original.

not Biker, a biker

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Magnetic North posted:

Is there a game possibly being announced or showcased at E3 that features a biker?

e: Dallas talking about assuring the biker's loyalty (and the Starbreeze tie in, obv) makes me think Walking Dead. Now, I haven't seen it, but I know it features betrayal and ruthlessness and so on, which means the character needs some reason to not gently caress over the Payday team. Hell, maybe it's Michael Rooker? He'd probably do it.

Not that I can think of. I put up Biker because the forums are drooling over him and Hotline seems to be the most community acceptable cross-in to make. Francis would allow a good E3 kick off of announcing remastered No Mercy, but it'd be weird when we just got maps of The Diamond and they could save that for a Halloween thing. And seeing as Starbreeze wants to likely promote their coming Walking Dead game, well, Norman Reedus is a real life biker and is apparently fan favorite of the show Daryl Dixon so it could win over fans of the show to Payday 2 and Walking Dead VR.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

haha francis

every kill line is just "I HATE TASERS"

"I HATE CLOAKERS"

"I HATE DOZERS"

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

jivjov posted:

woohoo! No more microtransactions in Payday 2!

I still remember you making a complete loving rear end of yourself when they were added. Which reminds me: Shut the gently caress up jivjov.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DO I LOOK LIKE ONE OF THEM

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I still remember you making a complete loving rear end of yourself when they were added. Which reminds me: Shut the gently caress up jivjov.

remember the time jivjov said that overkill had broken international trade law by adding microtransactions after almir made a passing comment about how he thought they were lame two years prior

remember the time jivjov was wrong about everything in the microtransaction thing (most notably that they were functional changes when boosts came literal days after the release and were better in every way than the dogshit that was on skins) and when people pointed it out to him he got angrier and pretended they didn't exist

remember the time jivjov admitted he was wrong about the international trade law thing but maintained they violated steam's ToS and submitted tickets to get payday 2 removed from steam

remember the time jivjov was basically laughed at by the entire steam support team for not even having a leg to stand on

i remember those times

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Interesting that the purchase from 505 was made in Starbreeze b-shares- though not, apparently, a large ratio of the total for voting or ownership purposes. I need to look into what the b share connotation is- it varies by exchange, apparently. STAR is traded on the Helsinki NASDAQ-it'll take me a bit to understand what the term means there. Generally, b-shares indicate greater voting rights, or a different loading of valuation. About 2/3 of starbreeze shares are b-shares.

edit: It looks like the basic idea is that 505 will be redeeming the shares in directed payday revenues.

edit 2: It also looks like 505 will keep its current degree of profit split and indirect control over the console edition. Verrry interesting.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 30, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Coolguye posted:

i remember those times

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Am I crazy or did Almir sound like update 100 will be the end of the Skill Beta and the implementation of the new skill system into base game?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

hey jivjov what happened to the lawsuit you were going to pursue for false advertising and broken promises

loooooool

Pretty sure I never said I was going to bring legal action. I just (rightfully) said it was scummy to promise "No microtransactions in our game" and then add microtransactions to the game.

Coolguye posted:

remember the time jivjov said that overkill had broken international trade law by adding microtransactions after almir made a passing comment about how he thought they were lame two years prior

remember the time jivjov was wrong about everything in the microtransaction thing (most notably that they were functional changes when boosts came literal days after the release and were better in every way than the dogshit that was on skins) and when people pointed it out to him he got angrier and pretended they didn't exist

remember the time jivjov admitted he was wrong about the international trade law thing but maintained they violated steam's ToS and submitted tickets to get payday 2 removed from steam

remember the time jivjov was basically laughed at by the entire steam support team for not even having a leg to stand on

i remember those times

I don't know dick about international trade law. I have no idea if Overkill violated it or not. I just know that they lied to their playerbase, and have thankfully reversed that decision.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure I never said I was going to bring legal action. I just (rightfully) said it was scummy to promise "No microtransactions in our game" and then add microtransactions to the game.

you did

you said you were going to complain to the FTC over something a swedish company did

so whether you realize it or not you were saying that international trade law had been violated

lol

jivjov posted:

I don't know dick about international trade law. I have no idea if Overkill violated it or not. I just know that they lied to their playerbase, and have thankfully reversed that decision.
they didn't lie you just interpreted a 2 year old offhanded comment as a solemn promise

lol

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

Am I crazy or did Almir sound like update 100 will be the end of the Skill Beta and the implementation of the new skill system into base game?

Yes- at least, almost all of it. They know they still have a number of loose ends to tie up, so there will likely be a couple hotfixes.

From the discussions I've heard sentry remakes wound up consuming way more manpower than they'd expected.

edit: OK, I translated their articles of association. b-shares are only distinct from a-shares in that they carry 1 vote versus 10.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 30, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

you did

you said you were going to complain to the FTC over something a swedish company did

so whether you realize it or not you were saying that international trade law had been violated

lol

they didn't lie you just interpreted a 2 year old offhanded comment as a solemn promise

lol

I sent a ticket to valve; to make them aware of the situation and the behavior of a developer whose products they were selling.

That was the extent of my 'legal threats'

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

so you either didn't have the guts or the brains to do the other stuff you said you were going to do

lol

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES

jivjov posted:

I sent a ticket to valve; to make them aware of the situation and the behavior of a developer whose products they were selling.

Lmao

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

This is actually worse than the stupid argument about difficulty earlier, congratulations.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FFS Coolguye why the hell did you have to dig that poo poo up. Both of you shut up. Put it back in the ground where it belongs.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

take

jivjov posted:

a

jivjov posted:

break

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

This is actually worse than the stupid argument about difficulty earlier, congratulations.

oohhboy posted:

FFS Coolguye why the hell did you have to dig that poo poo up. Both of you shut up. Put it back in the ground where it belongs.
clowning on jivjov is a thread pasttime

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Heyyyy so I'm level II-80 and I was wondering if its full FF or just explosives? I've never actually just unloaded into someone to see what happens and try pretty hard not to shoot other heisters so I'm unsure.

edit - thanks dawg

Shuka fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 30, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Shuka posted:

Heyyyy so I'm level II-80 and I was wondering if its full FF or just explosives? I've never actually just unloaded into someone to see what happens and try pretty hard not to shoot other heisters so I'm unsure.

Thanks

Only explosives, and even they don't do a ton of damage any more (save the rocket launcher)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes- at least, almost all of it. They know they still have a number of loose ends to tie up, so there will likely be a couple hotfixes.

We should all start betting on how many post-release hotfixes there are going to be for this one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolguye posted:

remember the time jivjov was wrong about everything
Yes, I have read a jivjov post.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alas, I am skewered.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

oohhboy posted:

pot, meet kettle

:lol:

FactsAreUseless posted:

:drat:

FAU out of left field with the super slam

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psion posted:

pot, meet kettle

:lol:

Grats, I am a dumbass who engaged him. You want to dig that poo poo up too so we can threadshit together?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I hate to give the ragers credit, but I think the Crimefest response did do some good. I don't remember the game being updated at any other time as often as it has over the past few months. Hell, we've gotten piles of bug fixes that have addressed stuff that's been there since release. But I think it overall works to Overkill's credit that they actually care that much about their reputation. Any other company could have thrown down some spin and let the game die, but here we are getting promised updates to our three year old dead game. I'm curious how getting the rights back will affect future content and development and how many strings 505 could/did pull over the years.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

jivjov posted:

woohoo! No more microtransactions in Payday 2!

And nothing about the game changed. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Explosionface posted:

And nothing about the game changed. Again.

:potg: