Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

oohhboy posted:

Grats, I am a dumbass who engaged him. You want to dig that poo poo up too so we can threadshit together?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

jivjov posted:

Alas, I am skewered.

my headcanon is that you reported my posts and that's what brought him in here

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

Tbh I would buy this. I feel like we mostly just bitch at each other in here, and don't get weird with reports and stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolguye posted:

No, sorry.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Please don't crush Coolguye's fantasies

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
slap fight! slap fight! slap fight!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
So, Goonmod question. Attempting to access my weapon inventory - specifically primary and secondary weapons (E: all other inventory sub-menus OK) - causes a hard CTD with no message, report or anything like that. The game and inventory worked just fine before I reinstalled Goonmod. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? I'm running Goonmod, Better Stats GUI and Pocohud3, all patched up to date, for reference.

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 30, 2016

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Serpentis posted:

So, Goonmod question. Attempting to access my weapon inventory - specifically primary and secondary weapons (E: all other inventory sub-menus OK) - causes a hard CTD with no message, report or anything like that. The game and inventory worked just fine before I reinstalled Goonmod. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? I'm running Goonmod, Better Stats GUI and Pocohud3, all patched up to date, for reference.

Are you running the Payday beta? Goonmod has some serious problems with the beta that won't be fixed until it is rolled into stable.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Are you running the Payday beta? Goonmod has some serious problems with the beta that won't be fixed until it is rolled into stable.

I never opted into that consciously, so I assume not. I'll check now. E: No, I'm not.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Serpentis posted:

Check your Better Stats mod. I know that caused a shitload of crash issues just like you're mentioning after the Crimefest revamp, so try disabling that to be sure.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Disabling that seems to have sorted out the inventory issue - thanks muchly :)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Better Stats GUI is dead, sorry. KarateF22 left when the microtransactions were implemented. Check out More Weapon Stats, it should be compatible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Please don't crush Coolguye's fantasies

plz dont

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Pretty sure the only fantasy Coolguy has involves Mr Torgue and a shark.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

This is actually worse than the stupid argument about difficulty earlier, congratulations.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

That's unfortunately just straight up impossible to do in stealth with a number of guard or camera situations-it would come down to complete luck. Besides, the national gallery is really just a simple commercial gallery- the artifacts are for the Diamond.

How about instead of your dumb changes you just make it so you have to replace the paintings with a poorly made copy so guards don't notice blank displays? Sorta like the Election Day crowbars.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 31, 2016

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

This game needs a Minecraft heister. Perhaps the creeper?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
No.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Just FYI, it's not HLM biker. That wasn't a street bike exhaust we heard in the teaser trailer, it was a cruiser. Like a Harley.

I think it'll be a tie in character as well due to the whole "loyalty" thing, and Dragan remarking about how big the gang has gotten, which I felt was a joke on how unnecessary adding another member is.

We'll see though.

skunkrocker

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Also, none of the current safes will be free to open, they will stop to drop while all new safes will be free so your stash of safes are not going to become useful.

quote:

“We are freeing up the black market,” Producer Almir Listo says in the video. “Starting with the next update in Payday 2, any old-generation safes in the loot drop will stop to drop. Any new-generation safe, going forward, will drop completely for free. You will still be able to trade all the old and new generation safes and items using the Steam Marketplace.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i'm 100% fine with pretty gunskins as a reward for time spent, especially since I'm not merc who is probably tallying up total money spent on the skin market and despairing :v:

Although since they've flat removed some older safes, those items might still hold value. I hope they roll Sydney items into the new system because I want those skins for cheap.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 31, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I wonder if this move will ultimately generate more revenue for Overkill/Valve. I doubt people were buying drills in any great quantity, and even though values will be lower overall, maybe there will be more buying and selling?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

i'm 100% fine with pretty gunskins as a reward for time spent, especially since I'm not merc who is probably tallying up total money spent on the skin market and despairing :v:

Although since they've flat removed some older safes, those items might still hold value. I hope they roll Sydney items into the new system because I want those skins for cheap.

If they're not adding any of the older stuff to the free pool it'll only go up in value. See: all the COP items I bought for a fraction of the current prices months ago.

They should definitely add Sydney (and maybe Jimmy) to the free pool because Sydney drops were pretty much dead on arrival if you look at the sales of safes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

UnknownMercenary posted:

If they're not adding any of the older stuff to the free pool it'll only go up in value. See: all the COP items I bought for a fraction of the current prices months ago.

They should definitely add Sydney (and maybe Jimmy) to the free pool because Sydney drops were pretty much dead on arrival if you look at the sales of safes.

I think it's unlikely they intend to do so with either safe- the backlash from people who purchased drills (and from everyone who looks for reasons to complain regardless) would be tremendous.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sydney skins are going to be insanely rare in that case since they've only had 2 weeks before being disabled. Almost makes me wish I'd held onto my battleworn Stryk.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Soooo, speculation time. In that last stream Jules said something about how "all the skills are now easily accessible in the beta", so how do you think they're gonna gate that for the live release? Back to paying for skills?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes- at least, almost all of it. They know they still have a number of loose ends to tie up, so there will likely be a couple hotfixes.

From the discussions I've heard sentry remakes wound up consuming way more manpower than they'd expected.

edit: OK, I translated their articles of association. b-shares are only distinct from a-shares in that they carry 1 vote versus 10.

So under the old system 505 had more power as a partner than OVERKILL?

Kikas posted:

Soooo, speculation time. In that last stream Jules said something about how "all the skills are now easily accessible in the beta", so how do you think they're gonna gate that for the live release? Back to paying for skills?

Pretty much yeah, just how skills worked in the old system just with a lot more variety, a lot less clutter and hopefully time to maybe unfuck firetrap.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 31, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

There are no mint condition Stryks on the market and the buy orders are at 5€. At least I might be able to get a hold of a Poser Bash. :sigh:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

UnknownMercenary posted:

Sydney skins are going to be insanely rare in that case since they've only had 2 weeks before being disabled. Almost makes me wish I'd held onto my battleworn Stryk.

Just cheat them in because I doubt overkill gives a gently caress at this point.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Liquid Penguins posted:

Just cheat them in because I doubt overkill gives a gently caress at this point.

Well, they will get mad if you admit it as what seemed to have happened when a forums mod admitted he used skin unlockers. So just use it and then keep it on the downlow.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I wonder if this move will ultimately generate more revenue for Overkill/Valve. I doubt people were buying drills in any great quantity, and even though values will be lower overall, maybe there will be more buying and selling?

My pet suspicion is that they'd basically planned to do this in the first place, but in the short term wanted the injection of money that literally every crate/key system ever has generated so they could finish buying back the Payday IP.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

So under the old system 505 had more power as a partner than OVERKILL?

I'm not entirely clear on this. It appears that 505 may have had indirect, but absolute, control due to their involvement in the original publishing of Payday 2. The details of this are particularly unclear because it doesn't seem like, before this point, 505 had any stock in Starbreeze.

505 Games also announced that they were switching their focus from publishing to internal game development in January. The details of their own pivot is even more opaque- they don't wholly own any IPs that I can tell-their internal developments have been small series or one-off minigame and edutainment stuff for the DS. This suggests a major change in direction from the top down, but as far as I can tell they're not being cleaned out and reupholstered- their owner doesn't appear to have any other videogame assets to swap staff with.

edit: the owner of 505 is an Italian outfit called Digital Bros. They also own a small Italian company called Halifax, who seem to have only done Italian distribution work as far as I can tell. Both parent companies are very obscure.

edit 2: Note also that 505 still has ongoing agreements with Starbreeze for several of their other projects, including the walking dead, the crimewave edition of payday 2 and Brothers.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 31, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
So I don't have the firmest grasp on the situation, but could it have been 505 games expecting greater revenue from Payday 2 is what prompted Overkill to say that DLC sales weren't generating enough profit while Starbreeze themselves were claiming to be doing better than ever?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Liquid Penguins posted:

That's lame and boring.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Liquid Penguins posted:

They're still bound to steam's inventory system, and people are still getting banned for it. They're still part of the revenue structure.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Geight posted:

So I don't have the firmest grasp on the situation, but could it have been 505 games expecting greater revenue from Payday 2 is what prompted Overkill to say that DLC sales weren't generating enough profit while Starbreeze themselves were claiming to be doing better than ever?

I mean maybe some people in OVERKILL thought this idea would actually be good, but I could see 505 wanting more money, Starbreeze being open to the idea if greater profit could occur and OVERKILL forced to eat a poo poo sandwich pushing the Black Market update. It'd make people leaving OVERKILL like Ulf seem a lot sadder though if there were really stupid pressure from 505 breathing down OVERKILL's neck while they get nothing but spite from the community like this.

Also merc, is the Sydney skin for the baby deagle good? Even with just broken in it still looks okay but I don't know skin taste.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm not a fan of the blue but the black and red is sick. I also appreciate the reference.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

Also merc, is the Sydney skin for the baby deagle good? Even with just broken in it still looks okay but I don't know skin taste.

It's alright. The important thing is that people pay stupid money for Baby Deagle skins so if you wanted you could at least pull :tenbux: from that.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Crabtree posted:

I got one more question regarding the Biker character. Payday 2 thread, who do think it will be? Biker from Hotline, Francis from Left 4 Dead, Norman Reedus as himself or as some Walking Dead tie in or someone else?

It'll never happen, but Ron Perlman would be great. I'd also take Norman Reedus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Does anyone have any particular bugs effecting gameplay in the beta they'd like me to report? Last and best chance here.