Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
bhs has reached ultimate shilling levels

talking to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Dloop is pretty much dead. Most people have moved on to character-specific discords, and there are some general GG discords as well.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I want to like this game

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

General Morden posted:

bhs has reached ultimate shilling levels

talking to himself

Oh man imagine if I were getting paid for this.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I want to like this game

I never got around to messaging you (thanks again for the offer) but I graduated law school last Friday. \:shobon:/ Got accepted into library science, too; just waiting for the grad school to approve everything.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 31, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bhsman posted:

Oh man imagine if I were getting paid for this.

you might have an excuse for it?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So, when's Soul Calibur 6?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

NecroMonster posted:

you might have an excuse for it?

We all have our excuses, Necro.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So.. going to pick up Revelator next week. Is dustloop still the best resource for character info?

I'd find a GG thread, but let's be honest this is basically the new GG thread. I'm actually pretty hyped to learn it, it would be pretty amazing if Capcom managed to push most of the FGC into something like GG or KOF through how big a gently caress up they've made SFV.

I like playing the game, but it's like they're actively competing to see how poorly they can do and keep people playing. Maybe they're trying to figure out the minimum amount of effort they need to put in before people will just give up?

You'll want to check out the character specific discords since they tend to be more active.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/index.html/home/guilty-gear/baf0-highlights-all-ggxrd-character-specific-discord-servers-r601/

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Dloop is pretty much dead. Most people have moved on to character-specific discords, and there are some general GG discords as well.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So.. going to pick up Revelator next week. Is dustloop still the best resource for character info?

I'd find a GG thread, but let's be honest this is basically the new GG thread. I'm actually pretty hyped to learn it, it would be pretty amazing if Capcom managed to push most of the FGC into something like GG or KOF through how big a gently caress up they've made SFV.

I like playing the game, but it's like they're actively competing to see how poorly they can do and keep people playing. Maybe they're trying to figure out the minimum amount of effort they need to put in before people will just give up?
Actually this is the Overwatch thread. :colbert: The Xrd thread is over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677148&goto=lastpost

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I really regret having any faith in capcom.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait so are we just not getting Balrog any more?

Welp, gently caress this game.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Microwaves Mom posted:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime was right posted:

making a fg character takes a shitload of time and planning one for once a month with their small pool of resources probably didnt account for literally any hiccup ever and they probably got resources diverted bc sfv didnt sell very well since they forgot to make the game in the first place

They just demoed her on stream and she's basically done, presumably the only reason they're holding her release until june (or july?) is to have an in-game shop.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chev posted:

They just demoed her on stream and she's basically done, presumably the only reason they're holding her release until june (or july?) is to have an in-game shop.

is there a VOD of this stream?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

Should actually still be ongoing at https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

hiddenriverninja posted:

There'll likely be an upload of it on the Capcom Youtube account later.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How did you reach that conclusion

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Nope, apparently there have been three different release schedules according to different fact sheets. Like the big sheet explaining the rollout of DLC has the characters in a different order than the image of silhouettes which also has a different release than what's implied by the text in the Season Pass description.

Corbeau posted:

So, when's Soul Calibur 6?

My guess, and this is purely speculation based on nothing at all, is that they'll release Tekken 7 stateside and then start the PR cycle for the next Soul Calibur which will then be followed by Tekken X Street Fighter. Who knows, maybe we'll get Rolento in Soul Calibur or some weird poo poo. What other Street Fighter guys would fit in a Soul Calibur setting or even have weapons as their main tool (Cody, Poison, Decapre, or maybe Eagle)?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think he meant not getting Balrog as the next character, not that we were never gonna get Balrog ever.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 31, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
put dante in soul calibur

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

General Morden posted:

put dante in soul calibur

I'd be okay with this.

He's actually less obnoxious than most of the cast.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
If they had kickstarted this game it would be the FGC version of star citizen at this point.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

July means no Ibuki at EVO?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Help Im Alive posted:

Instead of getting Balrog this month we get nothing and Ibuki is next. Balrog's going to be out in like October of this year at this rate and the only reason I was holding out is in the hope he'd be released.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

If they had kickstarted this game it would be the FGC version of star citizen at this point.

star citizen probably has more funding

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Pomp posted:

star citizen probably has more funding

I said FGC equivalent.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If they kickstarted this game they would've had enough money to shame them into actually working on it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Instead of getting Balrog this month we get nothing and Ibuki is next. Balrog's going to be out in like October of this year at this rate and the only reason I was holding out is in the hope he'd be released.

I am glad Balrog, Capcom's least cool and interesting Boxer character, is getting delayed. I hope he gets delayed long enough to sneak both Dudders AND C. Jack into the game.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If they kickstarted this game they would've had enough money to shame them into actually working on it

lol i'd imagine the kickstarter for it would be 500k from sony and like 20k from the FGC.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
"OOh I'm a Mike Tyson Knock off so I'm angry and cheat (by Boxing rules)"

loving Cracker Jack is a southern dandy who knocks the poo poo of people with a baseball bat as a super.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Oh, Capcom, never change.

wait poo poo ALWAYS CHANGE

CHHANGE drat IT CHANGE

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

You can hit confirm a 3/4-full screen ground kunai into super. Neat.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I am glad Balrog, Capcom's least cool and interesting Boxer character, is getting delayed. I hope he gets delayed long enough to sneak both Dudders AND C. Jack into the game.

They call him Dudley because he's a massive Dud.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

In Training posted:

I could probably design an SFV character in unity in two months

There are some good character portraits available here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Same.

But at least we got a really sweet Mad Catz set of arcade sticks out of this gently caress fest.

#RISEUP

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Does discord says information or something?

Like If I join can I see poo poo from a month ago?

if not thats loving retarded to move from threads to that.

if so, it still isn't the most invite friendly way of getting more people to join locals that play these games.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SectumSempra posted:

if so, it still isn't the most invite friendly way of getting more people to join locals that play these games.

I think it depends on the permissions you have in the channel but I don't remember

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SectumSempra posted:

the venom discord has stickies for important stuff compiled elsewhere, I'm sure the others do something similar.

All dustloop and SRK are these days anyway is a big twitter tech compilation, which token combo thread OPs ranging from digustingly incomplete to only kind of incomplete.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 1, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Just saw the trailer and dropped in here to read this. All I have to say is lol. It's only going to get worse from here on out isnt it? They couldn't even meet their own lax standards.

On the bright side I don't have to load up this game for another month to see what's new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
capcom rules